Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bomber Balance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(01-22-2020, 03:18 PM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]Ye but Karlotta, even when fighting 2 bombers battleship player may take like 2-3 minute break in the middle of a fight without really dying so.

My point exactly.
(01-22-2020, 03:19 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2020, 03:18 PM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]Ye but Karlotta, even when fighting 2 bombers battleship player may take like 2-3 minute break in the middle of a fight without really dying so.

My point exactly.

Only way of dying against 2 bombers is for boredom.

I understand your point but I won't agree that giving VHF's methods to deal easier with caps is helping in any way the bomber balance, even if you give it more firepower.

Clearly you won't give snac another chance. But to balance bombers and encourage people to fly them I'd suggest re-making the guns and giving them other kind of uses, against caps, but like for example and easily coming to my mind, a Forward gun that could take 50% of a capital ship's shield that could be used just once, or something like that...given that bombers will die against fighters anyway,
(01-22-2020, 03:14 PM)-Rax- Wrote: [ -> ]...Imagine a new player flying LF's or HF's and being instakilled by a frontal nuke.
this is balance

they don't whant balanse they what you to fly only on thet ship what they order to you
(01-22-2020, 03:30 PM)-Rax- Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2020, 03:19 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]

My point exactly.

Only way of dying against 2 bombers is for boredom.

My point exactly, because that's even more true when dying against 2 fighters.

Bomber vs fighter and fighter vs cap balance is not only about winning or losing, its also about length of fights, the ability to contribute meaningfully, attractivity of the class for beginners, and frustration of being totally useless and vulnerable solely because you logged first, because the person who logged their ship after knowing what you logged will not only have a small to medium advantage, but will win with almost 100% certainty.

(01-22-2020, 03:30 PM)-Rax- Wrote: [ -> ]I understand your point but I won't agree that giving VHF's methods to deal easier with caps is helping in any way the bomber balance, even if you give it more firepower.

Clearly you won't give snac another chance. But to balance bombers and encourage people to fly them I'd suggest re-making the guns and giving them other kind of uses, against caps, but like for example and easily coming to my mind, a Forward gun that could take 50% of a capital ship's shield that could be used just once, or something like that...given that bombers will die against fighters anyway,

People said their problem was that they are without chance against fighters, and that rock-scissor-paper balancing sucks. I agree to that, but find that my solution is much better than giving bombers instakill snacs. I'll also point out that speeding up bomber projectiles will make aiming at a distance easier also against caps, which also slightly buffs them against caps, and makes them more attractive especially for newer players.
Breakdown of bomber balance:

Battleships: yes you can spend minutes of your life killing it with 5 bombers with high APM play instead of killing it for seconds in 5 caps by holding a right-click. Usually, bomber vs battleship fights just take so long that battleships just stop fighting and standing still. Exciting gameplay on both sides. If battleship player knows what he's doing, they usually instakill a couple of newbie bombers while dying.

Cruisers: Exe could fight back against like 4-5 GMG bombers in a cruiser, without really dying. Killing many people along the way. People were just too scared to commit to it to not be instakilled. We only managed to take it out by bringing 2 gunboats. In a more general scenario if the cruiser is mediocre with 2 bombers, good luck and like 10-20 minutes of time, 100+ APM sweating you can maaaaybe take it down. You have a higher chance of running out of regens faster than the cruiser because you will have to stay close to at least keep their shields down.

Gunboats: Yep, 2 bombers can take this one down usually.

Fighters: Unbiased SNAC nerf sorry.

The bomber is a good class if you are a masochist, which is not my fetish.
I'm actually thinking that 2 bombers vs a gb is the most balanced pew among classes in this game
(01-22-2020, 03:40 PM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]The bomber is a good class if you are a masochist, which is not my fetish.

Which is why I wanted it buffed against fighters. With snac bomber is a class for seal clubbing sadists, of which we could use having a lot less here. But since that probably wont happen, we could try to contain them a bit by not giving them as good tools.

Also, I edited my previous post to add this while you were typing:

Bomber vs fighter and fighter vs cap balance is not only about winning or losing, its also about length of fights, the ability to contribute meaningfully, attractivity of the class for beginners, and frustration of being totally useless and vulnerable solely because you logged first, because the person who logged their ship after knowing what you logged will not only have a small to medium advantage, but will win with almost 100% certainty.
Not mentioning that a bomber swarm is by far the best method to kill any group of caps with more numbers than you can field is a good way to support your totally not unbiased views
(01-22-2020, 03:51 PM)Lucas Wrote: [ -> ]Not mentioning that a bomber swarm is by far the best method to kill any group of caps with more numbers than you can field is a good way to support your totally not unbiased views

a good figher swarm is just invincible what are you saying
(01-22-2020, 03:52 PM)-Rax- Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2020, 03:51 PM)Lucas Wrote: [ -> ]Not mentioning that a bomber swarm is by far the best method to kill any group of caps with more numbers than you can field is a good way to support your totally not unbiased views

a good figher swarm is just invincible what are you saying

try 5 fighters vs 3 bismarcks and try 5 bombers vs 3 bismarcks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17