Talk:Timeline of the Discovery Universe
-->"First test of a full-scale jump gate between Texas and Alaska is conducted."<-- Is this really true? I have never read about this or seen a (destroyed) jump gate beween Alaska and Texas Misterich 2:00 CET
According to this pretty official looking document http://www.7crows.com/files/Freelancer%20Liberty%20Overview.pdf the 0 AS is when NOTE: Dates are calculated as Standardized Years "after settlement." 0 A.S. is synonymous with the landing of the Liberty. So should we move the colonization of Manhattan to 0 AS? I'll fill out a bit this time with interesting bits. What's with the years? Some are marked with bold and some are not? Looqas 05:20, 16 September 2008 (GMT)
About Manhattan landing: actually I think ingame the dates are actually counted from the arrival in Sirius, thus Liberty arrived on 0 A.S. and landed in 1 A.S. after finding a suitable planet to do so. I figure it oughta be asked on forums perhaps or discussed since it is unclear. About years: The ones marked in bold are important years, breaking points in history so to say. --Blodo 11:55, 16 September 2008 (GMT)
- I see. Do you wanna mark down the important years or should I give it a go? --Looqas 11:59, 16 September 2008 (GMT)
- I did de-bolded the "unimportant" dates. I took a line where system discovery was not boldened. There might be some case which are riding on the fence if they should be boldened or not. Well, someone can still prune the list. --Looqas 07:16, 17 September 2008 (GMT)
Nomad attack on the Solar System
Shortly after the Exodus, the Coalition takes over every Alliance base in Sol, except Pluto. When the Coalition arrive to take over Pluto, a Nomad superweapon appears and completely destroys Sol. The only survivor is an Alliance general named Atticus Rockford, who travelled to Sirius to warn the colonists. His ship is seen landing on Planet Manhattan, but his fate afterwards is unknown.
Is the above text confirmed in any way anywhere in the mod? As far as I know apart from speculation, the above storyline was part of the cancelled storyline for Freelancer which was in fact changed, and therefore what happened with the Coalition in the Solar System would actually be unknown, thus needing us to delete this segment. Anyone? --Blodo 23:30, 29 December 2008 (MST)
Would it be worth alternating the color shade of each consecutive year entry to make it clear which ones are which? If you'd allow me, i'll show you what I mean. - Wixelt
- Could you please show me what you mean here? I'm not sure I understand, unfortunately. - Space (talk) 01:53, 26 December 2015 (CET)
- I added in the first section the basic idea of what I was suggesting, though I wouldn't say the colors are the best example as I was struggling to find codes that blended well with the background and with each other (and with the text). What I was trying to show was that, at least in some of the later sections, it might be unclear for one reason on another where one year ends and another begins, so having rows of alternating colors might help that. - Wixelt
The Corsair Bombardment of Gran Canaria in 820
It happened, yet it's not written down here, and I'm getting odd looks from players when I claim this.
Here's some info about it. There's more, but I can't be bothered to dig everything up, better ask someone from the TBH. They did it and they must know. Pepe made his character, el Comisario, during and for this event.
- Thunderer, 30th September 2019, 15:20 UTC.
The timeline is for canon events described in mod releases only, not player RP.
- Xalrok, 6th October 2019, 14:11 UTC