Timeline of the Discovery Universe
This is a timeline of known Sirius history, containing mostly events since the first human landings in the Sirius sector. To read about the background to these events, see links in the See also section.
"C.E. is an abbreviation for "Common Era."
- Two prototype sleeper ships, the Gemini and Orion, are sent on a colonization mission into distant space and not heard of again.
- The communist countries of Eastern Europe, East Asia, the Middle East, and Africa sign the Unification Pact and create the Eastern Coalition. Shortly afterwards, the Coalition begins antagonizing the Western Alliance and demanding its own colonies in space. In order to avoid war, the Alliance adopts a policy of appeasement. Eventually, small-scale conflicts begin between the Alliance and Coalition colonists, but they are not enough to start a full-scale war. These conflicts continue until 2160. By then, the Coalition becomes equal in strength to the Alliance.
- The War of Sol begins when the signing of the Balma Treaty, which was meant to end the small-scale colonial conflicts, turns into a bloodbath as Admiral Kulov, leader of the Coalition forces, ruthlessly attacks unsuspecting Alliance fleets with his own cloaked fleet. Fort Kennedy on Jupiter's moon Europa is destroyed, along with the French and Italian fleets. Remaining Alliance fleets retreat to Neptune's moon Triton. Planetary resistance against the Coalition begins, but are suppressed. The Coalition gains control of every planet except Neptune and Dwarf Planet Pluto. By 2162, the Alliance recaptures every outer gas planet, evening the odds in the war.
- The Coalition gains an upper hand in the war. Five Alliance sleeper ships launch from one of Jupiter's moons during a Coalition attack to escape the onslaught. Each sleeper ship is named after its country of origin: The Bretonia (British colonists), The Rheinland (German colonists), The Hispania (Spanish and Mediterranean colonists), The Kusari (Japanese colonists), and The Liberty (American colonists); but later after being betrayed by the other nation a new sleeper ship was launched, "The Gallia" (French colonists) . Against all odds, the colony ships broke through the Coalition blockade and headed for the Sirius System. Secretly, the Gallia, carrying French colonists, leaves Sol and heads for Sirius as well. Shortly after the Exodus, the Coalition takes over every Alliance base in Sol, except Pluto. When the Coalition arrive to take over Pluto, the only survivor is an Alliance general named Atticus Rockford, who traveled to Sirius to warn the colonists. His ship is seen landing on Planet Manhattan, but his fate afterwards is unknown.
- "A.S. is an abbreviation for "After Settlement."
- "(A.G.S.) is an abbreviation for After Gallic Settlement."
- Sleeper ship Liberty arrives in Sirius and begins scanning for suitable places to land. It is rumored that the Liberty arrived first because it launched before the other sleeper ships.
- Samura Industries is founded.
- A Shogunate is established by the Hideyoshi dynasty. Having little land mass, architecture and technology focuses on miniaturization and high efficiency.
- Kishiro Technologies is founded.
- The Bretonia lands on Planet New London. The Bretonia's starboard engine array was destroyed during the Exodus. Therefore, it had to travel much slower than the other ships and arrived much later than them.
- A Coalition saboteur on the Hispania completely destroys it's engines, waking the colonists. Half of them decide to use the escape pods to finish the journey to Sirius. They leave the Hispania, land on the Planet Crete, and become the Corsairs. The other half took their chances with the wreck and kept it working while it drifted into Sirius. The Hispania couldn't land, so the remaining colonists used the remaining escape pods that hadn't been used by the Corsairs to land on Planet Malta. These colonists became the Outcasts. The wreck of of the Hispania still drifts in orbit around Planet Malta. At first, the colonists thought that a member of the other sleeper ships had sabotaged the Hispania to eliminate the competition to settle in the more desirable parts of Sirius, which was part of the reason why the Corsairs and the Outcasts wanted to destroy the Houses. However, when the Sirius Coalition Revolutionary Army was discovered, the Hispanics realized that it was them who sabotaged the Hispania, but this still didn't change anything between the Corsairs and Outcasts and the Houses.
- Cold and dark conditions on Planet New Berlin encourage quick expansion of colonization into space. Emergency government powers are imposed to facilitate early space station construction.
- Prince Harry IX., great-great grandson of Queen Elizabeth III., takes control of Bretonian Government in a coup.
- The Sirius Coalition is founded.
- After failure of Sleeper Ship Hispania's engines due to sabotage, some of the sleepers awaken and take escape pods to Planet Crete.
- After failure of Sleeper Ship Hispania's engines due to sabotage, some of the sleepers awaken and take escape pods to Planet Crete
- The arid and mountainous terrain of Planet Crete turns out to be unsuitable for agriculture. A famine and fighting over the dwindling supplies follows.
- Planet New Berlin's orbital structures merge into The Ring. Rheinland becomes an industrious, tightly-organized space-faring Empire with a fleet larger than those of the still more planet-bound Houses.
- Many succumb to the harsh planetary environment of acidic oceans and vast plains covered in a species of tall, razor-sharp, orange grass.
- Valhalla Research is formed, with backing from major interests in the government and military, unveils a breakthrough in materials research that allows the miniaturization of the same drive technology that was used to power the great sleeper ships while increasing both their power and efficiency. Travel between neighboring star systems can be accomplished in a matter of months rather than years.
- Deep Space Engineering is formed from several Manhattan construction companies, and is awarded a contract to build the Baltimore Shipyard. Revolutionary new ship drives are soon built there.
- The Council of Elders is formed at Planet Crete as an assembly of rivaling clans and groups which emerged during the famine. They resolve to cannibalizing the smaller clans.
- A ruthless and violent clan-based society evolves, without fixed laws, using violence over resources as a means to keep the population low.
- Texas charted.
- Daumann Heavy Construction is founded.
- Planet Honshu is settled. Like New Tokyo, it's a largely oceanic Planet with little land mass, with few Terran fish species being able to take to the oceans.
- Vast gas reserves are discovered in Sigma-13.
- California discovered.
- Border World Exports is founded.
- Initial survey of Colorado is conducted.
- Von Rohe's expedition sets out on it's 50 year journey.
84 A.S. (0 A.G.S)
- Sleeper Ship Gallia II lands on Planet New Paris. After the first Gallia was destroyed by the Coalition, a second ship was built at an even more desperate stage of the war, carrying a higher number of refugees on an extremely risky journey. Many of them believe the first Gallia was used as a decoy by the other nations so their sleeper-ships could escape safely.
85 A.S. (1 A.G.S)
- Planet New Paris turns out to be extraordinarily food and mineral abundant, leading to high population growth. Resentment and mistrust of the other Alliance nations becomes widespread, which extremists use to gain infuence.
- Discovery and colonization of Stuttgart solves Rheinland's food production problem. However the large fleets and long shipping distances cause fuel shortages.
- Forced relocation of colonists from New London to Planet Leeds commences by order of Prince Harry XII.
- The LCC Einstein arrives in Rheinland, finally making real-time communication possible through a series of FTL relay buoys. One of the first pieces of business conducted over the new communications link is a technology swap: Liberty's improved engine design in exchange for Rheinland's advances in construction.
- The LCC Edison arrives in Bretonia; shortly thereafter, Liberty's improved engine systems are exchanged for Bretonian advances in materials technology.
- The LCC Einstein arrives in Kusari, and Liberty reaps the benefits of Kusari technological advances in exchange for the "Liberty engine".
- Valhalla Research introduces their newest technological wonder, incorporating recently discovered superstrong crystalline polymers and frictionless bearings; when connected to orbital docking rings, these materials can be used to create "elevators" that almost completely negate the cost of boosting men or materials out of a planetary gravity well. Ageira licenses the technology to the other houses.
- Food shortages in Leeds and New London lead to colonization of Planet Cambridge as a primary Food producing Planet.
130 A.S. (46 A.G.S.)
- Alaska is surveyed.
- Universal Shipping is founded.
- Valhalla Research changes name to Ageira Technologies.
- After extensive tests on the two Jump Holes, development of Jump Gate technology begins in a remote region of Picardy.
- A Silver rush sends thousands of prospectors in retrofitted ships to find their fortune in Colorado, providing an impetus for the development of cheap civilian spaceships.
177 A.S. (93 A.G.S.)
- Planet New Paris turns out to be extraordinarily Food and mineral abundant, leading to high population growth. Resentment and mistrust of the other Alliance nations becomes widespread, which extremists use to gain infuence.
- Military hardliners depose the moderate democratic government in a coup. King Charles I is crowned at Ile du Palais. He establishes the Valois-Clermont dynasty, turning Gallia towards isolationism.
- Universal, already wealthy from the California - Colorado Silver trade, cements its reputation as the premiere Liberty shipping company by signing a contract to handle all shipping between Ageira Technologies facilities and Deep Space Engineering construction sites.
- Liberty starts commercially producing Jump Gates. In a ceremony that is broadcast throughout the Sirius sector, Liberty unveils the Jump Gate project to the public. Almost immediately, inquiries from the other houses concerning terms for the purchase of this technology begin pouring in.
- Jump Gates connecting New Berlin to Hamburg system, leading to massive industrialization. Hamburg becomes the industrial heartland of the Rheinland Empire.
193 A.S. (109 A.G.S.)
- West Point Military Academy established.
- Bretonian government establishes Gough Station in Magellan to assist disabled vessels and clear trade routes.
- The Liberty Navy is founded.
- Norfolk Shipyard constructed.
- The Liberty Navy creates Zone 21 specifically for research into the offensive and defensive applications of technology from Valhalla 1.
- Over-fishing on Planet Honshu causes catastrophic decline in the fish stocks. Majority of inhabitants emigrate to Planet Kyushu.
- Catastrophic decline in ocean harvesting on Planet Honshu, the second Kusari colony, causes settlers to search for alternative means of survival. They will eventually move off-planet to become the Gas Miners Guild.
- After a difficult arrival in Omicron Alpha, survivors adapt to Malta's living conditions and take longer expeditions to explore neighboring systems. Prolonged absence from the planet sends explorers' metabolisms into shock, resulting in deaths.
- Border World Exports founded.
- At Planet Malta, Scientists discover that the orange grass produces a substance called Cardamine, which alters DNA to become dependent on it. Maltesians are for ever bound to their Planet.
- Methods to extract Cardamine from Malta's gras and produce a concentrated drug are developed. Use of the drug causes euphoria and induces a trance-like dream which gives the impression of being in contact with beings from a higher plane of existence. Side-effects of prolonged use are slower aging, immunity to disease, and lower fertility.
287 A.S. (203 A.G.S.)
- First mining colonies are established on Planet Amiens.
- Strange alien beings appear and disappear from an intense radiation source in the heart of the Siniestre Cloud. Over time the location called Source of Spirits becomes a traditional burial ground.
- Pockets of minerals are found in Omicron Beta asteroid fields. Ruiz Base is founded to extract them.
- Border World Exports receives royal charter from Prince Harry XXI.
- Rioting of unemployed workers on Planet Leeds sparks a rebellion against Prince Harry XXI.
- Prince Harry XXI is executed for treason and the Commonwealth of Bretonia is declared.
- Upset by connections between Kishiro and the Shogunate, Samura overthrows the Hideyoshi dynasty, assisted by the criminal Hogosha cartel. Fleeing loyalist imperial guards form the Blood Dragons.
330 A.S. (246 A.G.S.)
- The Gas Miners Guild signs exclusive agreement with Samura Industries for distribution of H-Fuel. Aomori Station, already serving as an equipment depot for Honshu miners working the lucrative oceans of gas in the Crow Nebula, becomes primary point of contact between GMG and Samura.
- Cryer Pharmaceuticals is founded.
- Rambouilette Shipyard construction is completed. It focuses on development of Military ships and mine fields that keep Gallia isolated.
334 A.S. (250 A.G.S.)
- The Royal family returns to power and the Kingdom of Bretonia is established under Harry XXI's nephew, King George I, with a Parliament that includes popular representation.
- The Bretonia Armed Forces are founded by King George I.
- Deshima Station constructed in Shikoku to house itinerant foreigners, influenced partially by the strict New Tokyo entry requirements.
374 A.S. (290 A.G.S.)
- In Gallia, an expedition discovers a series of Jump Holes leading through systems that become known as the Normandie region. Although the Crown attempts to keep them secret to prevent uncontrolled settling, the news is spread by dissenters.
- Jump Gate to Omega-11 constructed.
380 A.S. (296 A.G.S.)
- The first Jump Hole in Sirius is discovered, 250 years after the first Jump Hole in Gallia was discovered in Picardy.
384 A.S. (300 A.G.S.)
- On the 300th Anniversary celebration of the settling of Planet New Paris, the pompous squander, oppression, and paranoia of the crown sparks protests wich are crushed with an iron fist. A larger uprising follows, starting the first Gallic civil war.
- Parts of Gallia's population flee the dictatorial rule by heading towards the Normandie region.
389 A.S. (305 A.G.S.)
- Epernon Base becomes and important black market hub and becomes involved in supplying Normandie rebels.
- In an effort to curb overpopulation problems in New Tokyo, Kusari government begins offering huge corporate incentives to relocate operations to Kyushu. Samura Industries decides to invest.
- Planet Harris terraforming commences.
- The minerals from Omicron Beta asteroid fields allow for production of new ship-lines. The Cardamine drug-trance is found to enhance design and invention abilities. Alien Organisms harvested in Omicron Beta boost food and Cardamine production on Planet Malta.
- Solarius Station completed.
- Imperial Shipping establishes the Alster Shipyard to supply the Rheinland Empire with transport Freighters, lifters, and Repair ships.
- Disgruntled BMM employees split to join the Independent Miners Guild, winning a landmark legal case that grants them ownership of Cardiff Mining Facility.
- An exploratory expedition headed by Franz Schulman and financed by Daumann and the Rheinland government stumbled into the Omicron Gamma system while mapping the far reaches of the Walker Nebula. The local inhabitants, sensing a historic opportunity, attacked the landing party en masse, killing all save Schulman whom they took hostage to gain control of the mother ship "Schiller" in orbit above the planet.
- A Rheinland expedition mapping the Walker Nebula mysteriously disappears and is never heard of again. In the decades afterwards, piracy incidents in which all crew disappear become frequent in the Omegas.
- The Danzig is lost in the Giftnebel while returning from the Diamond fields.
- An exploratory expedition headed by Franz Schulman -- financed by Daumann and the [[Rheinland] government -- stumbled into Omicron Gamma while mapping the far reaches of the Walker Nebula. The local inhabitants - soon to be known as Corsairs throughout Sirius - sense a historic opportunity, attack the landing party en masse, kill all save Schulman, whom they take hostage to gain control of the mother ship Schiller in orbit above the planet.
- Corsairs begin attacking weaker Rheinland and Bretonian outposts, plundering them for equipment, supplies, and biomass, using their secret Jump Hole in the nebula to escape.
- Planet Curacao discovered by the Tantulus, a Liberty survey ship, while researching a new Jump Gate route between Liberty and Bretonia.
- Orbital Spa and Cruise founded by Tony Cortez to exploit Curacao as a pleasure Planet.
- Corsairs develop a ship-line specialized for their raiding. The Alien Artifacts found in the Omicrons become trophies that daring pilots bring home despite the ghostly blue aliens guarding them.
- Texas Incident. The entire Texas system was decimated. During a second phase of testing a new, long-range Jump Gate making jumps possible across the galaxy an unforeseen concentration of dark matter along the jump route created a feedback wave that expelled huge masses of dark matter and radioactivity. The Jump Gate itself sank into a monstrous singularity that still hangs at the edge of the Texas.
- The Dallas Incident: an Ageira jump gate research project in the Texas system goes horribly wrong, killing thousands of Ageira employees instantly. The supply ship Ft. Worth is lost in the tremendous system-wide explosion. Note that some popular histories cite this as 521 AS.
- The Alien Import Prohibition Act - prohibiting the import of any Alien Organisms onto inhabited Planets - is passed in Bretonia. This leads to the establishment of CRL.
- The term "Corsair" comes into popular use in the inner worlds as collective slang for raiders from the impoverished Hispanic colonies.
501 A.S. (417 A.G.S.)
- In Gallia, the Valois-Anjou dynasty ascends to power and grants Normandie autonomy in order to end the civil war.
- Kishiro selects now-fallow Planet Honshu as the location for its main Optronics manufacturing facility.
- The Unioners are founded.
- An explosion in the Alster Shipyard killed hundreds of workers. Resulting labor unrest leads to the early prominence of labor movements in Rheinland.
- After the Rheinland - Kusari Embargo; Interspace Commerce loses countless billions of credits as both Houses nationalize their Trade Lane. The massive debts that those Houses incurred are wiped away, and the Trade Lanes become theirs. IC begins moving to cargo insurance.
- The colonists from Planet Gammu in Omicron Kappa system tried to evacuate the Planet when they revealed strong secret surface radiation that was causing dying of them in large numbers. They almost succeeded, but fully loaded transports and escort ships were destroyed by a large Nomad fleet.
- Deep Space Engineering completes Trade Lanes across the Barrier Nebula, linking Bretonia and Liberty.
- Gough Station decommissioned by Bretonia.
- The Great California Drought is combated by bombarding the Planet with ice asteroids.
- Sigma-19 is first surveyed by the Gas Miners Guild. After intense negotiations, the GMG signs an agreement with Kishiro to finance a Jump Gate to the system in exchange for mining rights.
- The Outcasts, how Maltesians now call themselves, learn of the survival of the other sleeper ships and believe they sabotaged the Hispania to gain an advantage in the competition for resources. They vow to make outsiders dependent on Cardamine and rule Sirius by controlling the drug.
- Bretonian government charters the exploratory/research ship Fearless to explore the fringes of the mysterious edge nebula. After several years spent crossing the outer Omega systems, they discover Omicron Theta and its sole planet, Pygar. Upon completing a brief survey of the planet and retrieving several strange Artifacts that were sent back by courier ship to Planet Cambridge, they continue on into the mysterious clouds that traversed the eastern end of the system and are never seen again.
- The Ames Independent Research Station is established to study the Kuryo Anomaly in preparation for the construction of Trade Lanes by Deep Space Engineering. Jump Gates couldn't bypass this system because of the danger in traversing the dark matter clouds of the Anomaly -- a lesson painfully learned in the Texas Incident.
- The GMG tries to harvest Alien Organisms to sell them to Cryer Pharmaceuticals and Planetform Incorporated. Outcast wage war to stop them, and start smuggling Cardamine to the houses instead.
- The Junker base Yanagi becomes an important turning point for smuggle and trade. Outcasts use Junker bases to spread their influence, acquire components, and protect their interests.
- Junkers become important trade partners, selling recyclable resources and components and smuggling Artifacts. Corsairs use Junker bases to protect the trade routes, increasing their zone of influence.
- Early Independent Miners from New London reopen Gough.
- A unilaterally established Kruger gas mining depot in Sigma-13 is allegedly destroyed by protective GMG paramilitary forces. This marks the beginning of the Eighty Years War between Rheinland and the Gas Miners Guild.
- South Shields Refinery in Newcastle is begun by the IMG to refine Hydrocarbons found in the asteroid fields.
- Junkers begin to appear in Liberty. They scavenge for abandoned equipment and materials, then sell them to smelting plants or refurbish them for sale.
597 A.S. (513 A.G.S.)
- The Gallic Crown turns the revenge against the other Houses into a quasi-religious state doctrine, thereby deterring from Gallia's internal problems. It uses false flag attacks from alleged spies and traitors against its own population to silence opposition, while spying on the other Houses for technology.
- In Gallia, the Valois-Clermont Dynasty returns to power in a renewed coup. They turn the governing structure of Gallia into a simple one: The King is the embodiment of the law, so everyone who opposes the King opposes the law.
- Collapse of Denver industries, building of LPI Sugarland prison, Fuchu Prison moved from New Tokyo to Shikoku. Increasing number of prisoners in Liberty identify themselves with a grassroots political movement, the Xenos. The Liberty Rogues are also officially founded around this time.
- Piracy in Liberty rises steadily. The Liberty Rogues become the most influential pirate faction. The Lane Hackers are founded by disgruntled Ageira employees.
- The Cardamine trade brings wealth and power to plantation owners called Dons. A council of Dons is formed to establish a unified foreign policy of otherwise independent oligarchies.
- The Sugarland is built under the control of Liberty Police, Inc. (LPI) to handle the overflow from Huntsville.
- Shinkaku Station built in Tau-29 to provide Samura access to the abundant ammonia, Water, and Oxygen ice fields present in the system.
609 A.S. (525 A.G.S.)
- A new top secret research facility called Calais is built in Picardy. Rumors say the facility houses some kind of alien life form.
- Planet Kurile discovered by the GMG. Samura eventually manages to construct a research platform on Kurile as part of an effort to harvest the Microorganisms for use as fish food on Planet Junyo -- an incredibly successful initiative.
- The impending collapse of fisheries throughout Kusari in 630 A.S. motivates the government to begin terraforming Junyo using recently discovered Alien Organisms in order to jump-start the nascent ecology. By 680 A.S., the planetary environment had been sufficiently altered to begin wide-scale production of Luxury Foods.
639 A.S. (555 A.G.S.)
- The Mouvement de Libertation Gaulois is formed as a moderate and progressive monarchist movement.
- Yuyu Matsuda, a young but critically acclaimed poet, publishes the poem "Golden Chrysanthemum in Bloom". Charismatic and well-spoken, Matsuda has a considerable following among young Kusari women who find their lives lacking in direction but are reluctant to become married and fulfill their traditional role in Kusari society.
- Yuyu Matsuda commits suicide after being implicated in the botched assassination attempt of the planetary governor of Kyushu.
- Creation of the radical feminist terrorist group Golden Chrysanthemums.
- Jump Gate to Sigma-19 is opened; Gas Miner Ogashawa stationed in the system by the Gas Miners Guild and begins full-scale operations.
- Rootless spacers from both Texas and Hamburg refurbish the abandoned Republican base in Bering; it eventually becomes Freeport 2, the second Zoner base in the Sirius Sector.
- Surveys of Tau-23 reveal substantial mineral deposits. The IMG expands out of Bretonia into the Tau border worlds, shortly followed by BMM.
- Ainu Depot in Hokkaido is dated to this period, when the Golden Chrysanthemums began raiding Kyushu.
- Xeno vigilantes are formed by unemployed workers to combat crime, outside influence, and perceived government corruption.
- William the Great orders the construction of fleets to defend Bretonia against increasing Corsair attacks.
- The remainder of the Rheinland Navy is destroyed in the Battle of the Yanagi Cloud. GMG emerge victorious.
- A worker's strike in Dresden sparks the Popular Revolution and the Emperor is forced to step down.
- 80 years war between Rheinland and the GMG over H-fuel mining in Sigma-13 ends in crushing defeat for Rheinland, rhienalnd's economy collapses
- Probable birth of Bundschuh as a New Berlin University radical student group.
- A major dark matter storm predicted by Ageira based on Ames Research studies fails to materialize. Ageira - which had built costly alternative trade routes through Galileo for Liberty based on the predicted storms - tries to redeem itself by ousting an elite development team and several executives. Several of the ousted re-emerge as the core of the northern Lane Hackers.
- Rambouilette Shipyard starts mass production of warships for the Gallic Royal Navy, preparing for the invasion of Sirius.
- Interspace (and other Liberty companies) enter Rheinland again following significant trade agreements with Rheinland.
- Edinburgh tourism begins; Cambridge scientists become concerned about potential for ecological damage to Planet Gaia.
- An Orbital Spa and Cruise liner arrives in orbit of Planet Gaia with tourists from Liberty. The Green Front party is founded and campaigns for Edinburgh to be declared a protected system.
- The Council of Elders makes secret plans to annex parts of Rheinland, Bretonia, and the currently neutral Zoner population to bring them under their rule.
- Disgruntled miners take over Leipzig Station on Von Rohe's Day, sparking a Rheinland-wide rebellion eventually known as the Popular Revolt or Dresden Revolt. The Bundschuh plays a significant part, running supplies to rebels in Dresden. The Imperial Government is eventually toppled, and the Bundschuh is briefly a legal political organization.
- With the expulsion of the Bundschuh] from the Bundestag, former miners and revolutionaries become disillusioned and form the Red Hessians, which populate the Omegas with the intent to take over Dresden.
- Workers Convention of Rights finally ratified by the Rheinland government, primarily due to Bundschuh influence.
- An amendment in the [[Sirius]} Commerce Pact allows Interspace Commerce to establish a base in New Tokyo; Roppongi Station is built shortly after.
- The increasingly-conservative post-revolution coalition government in Rheinland finally forces the Bundschuh to the underground.
719 A.S. (635 A.G.S.)
- In Gallia, King Louis IV orders the disbandment of the Mouvement de Liberation Gaulois. The more progressive and liberal elements of the MLG, later known as The Council, begin a phase of militant expansion.
- Zoners force radical Unioners to stop criminal transactions at Freeport 2; Unioners found Pacifica Base on an asteroid in the Tanner Belt.
- Battleship Nagumo constructed.
- More Freeports start to flourish in various places and attract vagrants, wanderers, and social Outcasts.
- A Kusari ship hauling Alien Organisms across Tau-31 is attacked by Pirates and ventures far off course. A hull breach kills the crew, and the ship drifts into the gravitational field of Planet Harris. The organisms not only survive the impact, they flourish in the frigid, Oxygen-deficient environment of the Planet's surface.
- The Corsair - Hessian war begins with a massed Corsair assault on Ronneburg Base in Omega-5. The Hessians manage to push the attack back, continuing the war in the 'no mans land' of the system.
- Cobalt discovered on Planet Gaia. BMM's attempts to get mining permission lead to founding of the Gaian movement.
- Planet Los Angeles Ageira Technologies employees who created the extremely complex scanning and database system known as USI (Universal Ship Identification) depart the company acrimoniously. They become the "southern" Lane Hackers.
- Outcasts begin smuggling Cardamine into New London. Puno lost in radiation fields on very first run.
- Founders Day Revolt in Dublin: BMM workers rise up and murder Sir Edward Graves and senior BMM executives on Graves Station.
- Freeport 10 established by a band of Zoners looking for an outpost as far from the colonies as possible.
- A passage from Omicron Xi to Omicron Beta is discovered. Corsairs gain direct access into Outcast territory.
- With the discovery of fertile Planet Gran Canaria by the Zoners, Corsairs establish agriculture and become a significant minority on the Planet.
- Liberty's plans for Terraforming the Hudson system's Planet Atka come to a rumbling halt when a (Xeno?) attack squad blows up a Planetform terraforming vessel; Planetform refuses to pursue terraforming until Xenos are cleaned out. Disaffected xenophobes begin planning a "Liberty Free Republic" to be based in the system.
- The Farmers Alliance is formed by farmers disappointed by the Government's opening of markets to Synth Foods.
- Battleship Rio Grande constructed.
- A cache of active Alien Artifacts is discovered by Scientists in the Omicron systems and brought back to Rheinland, starting the Nomad infestation.
- The famous Bounty Hunter "Lucky" Logan Conner (Freeport 5) ventures too far from the safety of the Gredos Cloud on a raid into Omicron Gamma and disappears without a trace. It was rumored that the Corsairs trapped him and then disabled his ship to let him die a slow death by asphyxiation.
- The dark matter storm arrives in Kepler, 104 years later than was predicted. Among the major losses in the trade routes between Liberty and Kusari space were the McKinley (Universal), Nikko Maru (Samura), and Kamakura Maru (Samura). The storm destroys the old Trade Lane through the eastern part of Kepler.
- Gateway Shipping is founded.
- The legendary "Corsair-turned-Bounty Hunter" Jesse Casas disappears in the Napo Cloud. Captured as a young Corsair on his first mission to the inner house systems, Casas spent years imprisoned in Vierlande Prison before becoming a Bounty Hunter.
- Orbital Spa and Cruise Lines stations its state-of-the-art Luxury Liner Hawaii in Sigma-19. An incredibly popular destination, the Hawaii has operated at near capacity almost from the beginning. The location of the ship outside the policed boundaries of the colonies is also rumored to be part of the attraction, and much of the popularity of the Hawaii lies in the implied promise of forbidden fruit available to those who can afford a ticket.
- A popular uprising backed by The Council happens on Planet Marne in Champagne. The Second Gallic Civil War begins.
- An Order exploration wing encounters the Corsairs. Shortly after, Casper Orillion offers the Corsairs blueprints of a stripped-down version of the Osiris in exchange for access to Corsair technology and shipyards. The Corsair-Order alliance is born.
- The first Corsair Osiris embarks on it's maiden voyage. Corsair engineers analyse the technology and begin developing new warship designs.
800 A.S. (716 A.G.S)
- The Nomad War begins.
- As Sigma-13 gas clouds near depletion, GMG moves to acquire new gas miners from Kishiro to make low-density mining profitable again.
- A Nomad attempt to overtake Sirius is foiled by the Order with the help of freelancer Edison Trent. The Nomad War ends.
- The Sigma-13 gas clouds are declared as 'nearing depletion', which leads the GMG to sign a contract with Kishiro for new gas miners in order to make low-density field mining profitable again.
801 A.S. (717 A.G.S)
- Gemini and Orion, the two rebuilt Crayter Republic prototype sleeper ships, populated by a relatively small number of people, appear in the Omegas.
802 A.S. (718 A.G.S)
- Corsairs ally with Order forces seeking refuge in the Omicrons and exchange technology and resources.
803 A.S. (719 A.G.S)
- Gallic Royal Navy forces try and fail to prevent a combined force of Council, Maquis and Gallic Brigand forces advancing towards the minefield that separates Gallia from the rest of Sirius.
805 A.S. (721 A.G.S)
- Battleship Mississippi originally scheduled for decommissioning, have been turned into a museum if not for a popular campaign to refit Liberty's aging Battleships.
810 A.S. (726 A.G.S)
811 A.S. (727 A.G.S)
- Casablanca Base is established by the Corsairs at Planet Rabat in Omega 47 system. Red Hessians later initiated a tactical assault on the base in which they were successful, and this signifies the beginning of the Casablanca campaign. Ever since the system has seen nothing but conflict between the two groups. Hessian forces take the system by storm and manage to hold it against a Corsair counter-assault, but are unable to press their advantage into neighboring systems.
812 A.S. (728 A.G.S)
813 A.S. (729 A.G.S)
- The Outcasts begin looking for new allies across Sirius. The Liberty Rogues, Mollys and Golden Chrysanthemums sign the treaty.
- Kusari fleets are deployed into Tau-29. Queen Carina orders the occupation of Tau-31 to enforce her claims.
814 A.S. (730 A.G.S)
- Red Hessians join the Outcast alliance for the promise of new weapons and technologies to use against the Corsairs.
- After building up shipyards and capital ship fleets, the Corsairs break alliance with the Order and step up the war against the Hessians and the Outcasts.
815 A.S. (731 A.G.S)
- Council forces take over Planet Quillan. The Crown closes the core worlds down and regains control of the gate to Dauphine.
816 A.S. (732 A.G.S)
- The Kusari Naval Forces break through into Leeds by surprise attack, capturing Glasgow Station and Stokes Mining Station. The Battleship Derby is moved to Planet Leeds orbit.
- Rheinland gains proof that Liberty conducts secret experiments with Nomads, leading to war between the two Houses.
817 A.S. (733 A.G.S)
- A path in the Orkney minefield is cleared by The Council, allowing ships of any size to pass in and out of Gallia for the first time in centuries.
- With the core worlds open again, the Gallic Royal Navy begins their conquest: they flush out Council, Maquis and Brigand forces from Languedoc and defeat Kusari Naval Forces in the Tau systems.
- Kusari’s government is overthrown and the Emperor exiled. Kusari becomes a Republic.
- The Treaty of Curacao, an agreement between Bretonia, Liberty, the Independent Miners Guild and Orbital Spa and Cruise, is brought into effect. It concerns the governance and security of the Magellan and Cortez systems for the forseeable future.
- The Outcast alliance disintegrates among discontent following rumours of open Outcast support of the Nomad threat.
818 A.S. (734 A.G.S)
- The Nomads launch a full scale invasion whilst The Order is under attack by Guild Core forces. During the Battle, Nomad bombardments overwhelm the Isis and heavily bombard Planet Toledo, killing many people and rendering the planet uninhabitable.
819 A.S. (735 A.G.S)
- Rheinland sabotages and destroys both the Bering and Hudson Jump Gates leading into the Hamburg system to halt further advancement by Liberty.
- The Gallic Royal Police denounces and influx of Cardamine into Gallic society, blaming it on a conspiracy of Gallia's enemies.
- The Kusari government reaches a trade agreement with the Kingdom of Gallia, opening their borders for commercial traffic.
820 A.S. (736 A.G.S)
- The completion of the Terraforming of Planet Harris and its opening for colonization was originally predicted to occur during this year. Proper colonization is, however, delayed for an indeterminate time by the Gallic occupation of the Taus.
- Kusari opens trade with Gallia but faces internal turmoil from citizens demanding the return of the Emperor.
822 A.S. (738 A.G.S)
- The Order captures Dabadoru Station from The Core in a bid to undermine Core's rising influence in Omicron Delta.
- Solar Engineering was forcibly merged by the Gallic Crown; its technology and manufacturing side went into EFL Oil and Machinery as a subsidiary, whereas Solar's own former subsidiary of Bouvet Space Entertainment was sold to IDF Shipping
- The Gallic Junkers, having long earned the ire of the Council, Maquis, and Unione Corse, were attacked by the forces of all three (but primarily the Maquis). They were forced to abandon some bases and sell others, but ultimately, the faction disbanded. Rumor has it that the Brigands are looking to take up the Gallic Junkers' old ties with the Outcasts and Cardamine, but that might put them at odds with the Council and Corse.
- Battleship Oblique and most of its battlegroup have defected to the Council. They're now working a joint operation with the Crayter Republic to secure the system while the main fleets of the GRN are attacking Bretonia and Liberty.
823 A.S. (739 A.G.S)
- The Imperial Kusari Navy advance into the Kyushu system in an attempt to take back Kusari, but are held back barely by defending KNF forces.
- The Nomads launch a surprise attack on the Newcastle system, clashing with BAF forces and later their allies.
- Gallia instigates another attack into Liberty through the California system, though nothing is gained or lost from it by either side.
- Planet Harris captured by Gallic Royal Navy forces. Administration of Harris was transferred shortly thereafter to EFL Oil and Machinery.
- Planet Yuma's colonization has been completed by the Crayter Republic, with the help of Cryer Pharmaceuticals and Synth Foods.
- Alien Jump Gate within the Barrier Nebula in Coronado destroyed by combined forces of the Crayter Republic and the Order.
824 A.S. (740 A.G.S)
4.89.1 - Initial
- Freeport 4 has been disabled by the Gallic Royal Navy's advancing Carcassonne battlegroup, thereby effectively pushing the Liberty Navy out from Magellan.
- EFL's Solar subsidiary disconnected the Jump Gates to Champagne in both Burgundy and Lorraine, then linked them to each other. The once cut off portion of Gallia has been reconnected.
- Matsumoto battlegroup has advanced into Nagano, allowing the Kusari Naval Forces to effectively hold back the Blood Dragon incursion.
4.89.2 - Battlegrounds
- The Kingdom of Gallia's efforts against the Kingdom of Bretonia have entered a new phase as the resistance on Planet Leeds.
- Carcassonne's fleet has begun pressing a beachead into Cortez, followed by Battleship Betheny from Leeds into Magellan.
825 A.S. (741 A.G.S)
- Kusari Civil war has ended.
- Omega-11 destroyed because of a supernova.
- Thuringa's existence revealed.
- The Emperor returned to Kusari.
- A massive Daam K'Vosh atmospheric installation discovered at Planet Knossos causing an "Artifact Rush".
- Southampton Shipyard, Battleship York and Battleship Beuvray destroyed during the New London Blitz of the Gallic Royal Navy.
- Birmingham Station in Manchester and the Belfast Production Facility in Newcastle destroyed by the Gallic Royal Intelligence.
- The Bretonian government has authorized a task force spearheaded by the Battleship Stirling to annex Omega-49 and Planet Gran Canaria into the Kingdom.
- A Council plot to eliminate the Gallic Royal Navy's Issoudun Drydock from the war has ended in catastrophe.
- Roussillon Jump Hole in Edinburgh discovered by the Gallic Royal Navy. Roussillon has been caught off guard as the Battleship Montmorency spearheads the invasion of the Council’s Sirian refuge.
- Council forces have successfully captured Haute-Seine Shipyard and Saint-Quentin Space Colony in Picardy.
826 A.S. (742 A.G.S)
4.91 Patch 5
- Battleships Arles and Oblique destroyed in Provence. The event is known in Gallia and Sirius as "Clash of the Titans".
- The Gallic Royal Intelligence is able to insert the RNS Sisteron, an Obstinate, into the Provence theater as a base of operations after the Clash of the Titans.
4.91 Patch 6
- Bretonia's Battleship Gwent has been destroyed by the Hessian Battleship Kassel in Omega-3. However, the Kassel has been heavily damaged by the unexpected presence of the Norfolk's battlegroup, which had entered the system a few days prior.
- Bretonia has seized Cardiff Mining Facility from the Independent Miners Guild in light of recent hostilities.
- Provence has fallen under the influence of the Syndicated Minarchy of Provence and the Unione Corse.
- Ageira Technologies had initiated construction of a Jump Gate to Sigma-21 in the Honshu system prior to Rheinland's offensive.
- Rheinland massively reinforced the Bayern battlegroup with those of the Westfalen, Kolleda, and Strausberg. In a blitz attack, the Bayern cohort moved onto the Battleship Hyono's position and pushed them back into Honshu, moving on to demolish the Sigma-21 Gate Construction Site before jumping to Honshu. The Bayern and the Westfalen now sitting in Honshu, preparing the next move from a reinvigorated Rheinland Military, while the Kolleda and the Strausberg are located in Sigma-21.
4.91 Patch 7
- Bretonia has captured Aland from the IMG in a near-suicide attack using the Crayter Dreadnought Olympia's jump drive to bring a small fleet within point blank range. Several ships of the attacking force were crippled however, including the Olympia itself, due to them being fused with asteroids after jumping.
- In response to ALG's overt declaration of war against Bretonia and fighting alongside the Red Hessians, ALG's docking rights in Rheinland have been suspended pending a criminal investigation.
4.91 Patch 8
4.91 Patch 9
- Cardiff Mining Facility has been destroyed by a joint Molly-IMG strike. Destroyer Shillelagh has moved to Dublin.
- The Alberta Super Gate underwent an emergency shutdown due to sabotage while the Whitefield and Fairmont battlegroups were in transit. The fate of both battlegroups is unknown.
840 A.S. (756 A.G.S)
- Estimated completion of the California Minor Terraforming. The original projections for terraforming time were on the order of 400 years, but Alien Organisms have accelerated the process over four-fold.
850 A.S. (766 A.G.S)
- Estimated completion of Liberty Debris Field cleanup.
900 A.S. (816 A.G.S)
- Original predicted year of the completion of the terraforming of Planet Ayr and its opening for colonization. However, the Gallic occupation of the Edinburgh system is likely to have delayed this.