If you want to get in touch with me, just add a new section.
Hi there, Welcome to the Disco Community! I think we could learn quite a bit from and with you. If you have skype, we would like you to join the Wiki editors skype chat. My skype is nathaniel.alderson. Looking forward to see you there. ~Chovynz~ (Blabs • Ego) 15:14, 22 June 2009 (MDT)
- Thanks for the welcome! I'm quite experienced with the Wiki software, even if didn't have enough time to contribute to other wiki-based projects like before. First thing I want to do here on this wiki is to clean up the categories. It's like a whole mess of empty categories or categories with only one entry.
- I'll join you on Skype later on. :) --TsaryuTalk 15:39, 22 June 2009 (MDT)
Retired Historical content / Discovery Wiki: vs Discovery History: namespace
I'd like your opinion on something if you would. I have created a few pages and things for use with historical articles. Ones we'd like to keep, but have no more purpose in Discovery.
- Discovery History: Viper Mk II
- Template:Historical Ship Infobox
- Category:Historical Articles
My thinking with this was that we would move severe changes, like removal of ships, or systems to this sort of "storage place" where readers might find interesting and valuable historical information regarding the Discovery Mod. Minor changes like infocard updates wouldn't fall under this type of archival saving, but we could do a one page thing that lists the infocard changes - perhaps.
Anyway, my questions to you: Is this an efficient way of doing so, or is it complicated/unnecessary. Is there a better way? Should these (e.g. Discovery History: Viper Mk II go into the Discovery History namespace, or into Discovery Wiki?
~Chovynz~ (Blabs • Ego) 05:46, 24 June 2009 (MDT)
- If there are several articles that are "outdated" (in terms of being historical) but still should be included, they should be given their own namespace. If those articles have Discovery History: in front of them, they are already in the Discovery History namespace. Don't forget to add them to a category "Discovery History", so all articles in that namespace can still be found even if they should not be linked to anymore, since they won't show up in standard search nor in Special:Allpages. --TsaryuTalk 00:12, 25 June 2009 (MDT)