Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 4.88.4 Bug Reports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
====================
Type: Effects(?)
Bug: AI Drone ship
====================

So yesterday I decided I wanted to try out the AI faction, basically because I never see anyone playing as one and was curious.
I made a new char and did the AI restart and bought the Drone ship. As soon as I was in space, the light sources began to "flicker" for lack of a better term. For example, as I was flying toward Planet Primus, the sunlit side would go completely dark and then return to normal every few seconds. The effect was even more pronounced when in cruise speed or in a trade lane. It was like the star of any given system had turned into a strobe light. I checked to see if it was doing this with any of my other ships, to see if maybe the problem was on my end, but they all checked out fine.

Fixed.
I guess you're talking about this: click

This affects all ships that have many pimpship points, especially notable on big ships. The Lighting seems to be depending from your position in the sector.
====================
Type: Equipment
Bug: Either the class 6 Muskets or the Pirate ID are not techcharted properly
====================

I made a Freelancer ID Mistral with Muskets, after a bit I decided to go with a pirate ID, but with the pirate ID I'm still getting 75% on the Muskets (unless I'm wrong and Muskets are civ instead of GRN)
http://imgur.com/a/K88aP

I think this is an admin issue, please talk to them. -Alex
(04-30-2016, 06:28 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]I guess you're talking about this: click

This affects all ships that have many pimpship points, especially notable on big ships. The Lighting seems to be depending from your position in the sector.

No, I didn't see anything in the vid similar to the effect I got. I guess I should make a vid of it myself but I would have to download a program to do so, and then learn how to do it,lol. And also recreate the char again since I deleted it because I thought I might have a seizure or something (jk). The best way I can describe it is to think of it like a light switch. You see the planet,station,asteroid,etc. in the distance. They are illuminated by the star as they should be, then flick the switch and it goes dark. Not pitch black, you can still see the object, but it's like it's eclipsed or something. And this process repeats every 2 or 3 seconds non-stop. And as I said it gets worse when you cruise or run a lane. And I went to over 20 systems of various designs (nebular, asteroidal and open space) to see if there was anything in particular that was triggering it. Same effect every time. Also, the Drone ship only has 2 light hardpoints, so I dunno. Shame though, I think I could RP an AI fairly well. But thanks for the feedback Sombra.

Cheers
A model can take ~three(?) lights at once. For instance, one from sun and two from "source" lights. This is a limitation of the game engine. Perfectly, it should have taken all the light and there would have been no flicker, but it can't. That is why dynamic lighting was switched off by default in Vanilla. If you want the dynamic lighting to go, slightly reduce "effect" option slider.
(04-30-2016, 08:38 PM)Swallow Wrote: [ -> ]A model can take ~three(?) lights at once. For instance, one from sun and two from "source" lights. This is a limitation of the game engine. Perfectly, it should have taken all the light and there would have been no flicker, but it can't. That is why dynamic lighting was switched off by default in Vanilla. If you want the dynamic lighting to go, slightly reduce "effect" option slider.

Thank you Swallow, I'll give it a try and see if it helps.
(04-30-2016, 09:16 PM)Langolier Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2016, 08:38 PM)Swallow Wrote: [ -> ]A model can take ~three(?) lights at once. For instance, one from sun and two from "source" lights. This is a limitation of the game engine. Perfectly, it should have taken all the light and there would have been no flicker, but it can't. That is why dynamic lighting was switched off by default in Vanilla. If you want the dynamic lighting to go, slightly reduce "effect" option slider.

Thank you Swallow, I'll give it a try and see if it helps.

SCORE! That did the trick, works perfect now.
Thank you sir!
====================
Type: Rephack?
Bug: It appears as if there's a full hostile rephack on the JM| ID towards Core for no reason.
====================

As previously mentioned above. I've asked both the Core leader and the admins and no request has been submitted for this. It rephacks it to the same level as the Xenos and Hogosha as seen here.

If this could be fixed and a 1-2 week long positive rephack to -.3 so that all of the ships that have had their reps affected can log back in and get their proper reps back it would be appreciated. This is somewhat urgent, currently due to the flawed mining system this means that we have no access to any Premium Scrap primary sellpoints.

I think this is an admin issue, please talk to them. -Alex
====================
Type: Base NPCs
Bug: Planet Toulouse bar NPC effects error
====================

This

Fixed. -Xalrok
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16