Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: My opinion on why the game has constantly been losing players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I didn't mind missiles that much, I minded how broken they were. I think most people that complained about them felt the same way.
Old players are leaving, like from any other game.

But we are so smart and badass and we made it hard and complicated, before we left.

So normal new players can't play it.
I love the game, but some of the rules seem way too many. I have a hard time getting around the board to find stuff. I found the rules or laws of Sirius two times and now I can't find them again.

Important stuff is usually at the top bar, where you can always find it.
That's why I'm ready to sponsor someone setting up .85 server, and I'm not even joking.
.85 + modern anti-cheat + modern models, that's almost anything you need.
External forums branch as an option.
Or you can play Star Conflict, if you want free-for-all mindless PVP, just saying. Roleplay in here is the only thing that makes me be around Discovery. Without it, it's just a dated average space shooter that can be easily replaced with Elite: Dangerous.
[color=white]Ooh, this is a great necro. Damn. I wanted some new stuff.[/content]
(07-09-2018, 08:49 AM)A.B. Wrote: [ -> ] Or you can play Star Conflict, if you want free-for-all mindless PVP, just saying. Roleplay in here is the only thing that makes me be around Discovery. Without it, it's just a dated average space shooter that can be easily replaced with Elite: Dangerous.

Tried it.
Was disappointed a lot. Not comparable to FL at all.
People usually say that FL is just old and that's why it is losing playerbase.
Thing is, age doesn't really matter, as long as this game is unique in terms of gameplay.
QW is 1996 and still being played, Q2 is 1997 and still being played, Q3 is 1999 and still being played. Why? Because they're unique and there's still no rivals, same goes to FL.
We used to enjoy it for it's combat complexity, style and variety, even in vanilla.
And during .85 it was still like that, accompanied by great RP, numerous factions and people devoting themselves to the game.
And then we got **** like Goldern Coin and Puerto del Sol, hot spots being distanced away one from another, leading in greater loss of player base.
This game is based mostly on conflicts, you erase conflicts - > you erase trading, you erase RP, you erase playerbase.
(07-09-2018, 08:45 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]

Interesting tabs open you have, worthy of NAUGHTY Blue Panda title !
(07-09-2018, 09:07 AM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2018, 08:45 AM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]

Interesting tabs open you have, worthy of NAUGHTY Blue Panda title !

https://www.google.com/search?ei=iBlDW8T...z_4k9kOIf0

https://www.google.com/search?ei=vxlDW9C...GachIb_8dQ

https://www.google.com/search?ei=3BlDW7z...jgaQlSg-yU <--- some results on this one!!!1111
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19