Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Online Navmap (v5.0, thread updated 10.10.2023)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
(11-23-2015, 03:23 PM)FluffReborn Wrote: [ -> ]Okinawa is erroreously depicted as Kusari, while Okinawa belongs to Sigma Borderworld both rulewise and politically it is a GMG contested system.
Should be corrected now; thanks for the heads-up! Smile
Texas Pequena Negra, it would be really good when you write "This zone drops 1 to 40 units of the commodity Premium Scrap Metal when mined using appropriate equipment."
instead of "Scrap Metal"

Regards,
Lambda
Hm doesn't work for me, sad day, looks like a great project!
(11-27-2015, 05:20 PM)Lambda Wrote: [ -> ]Texas Pequena Negra, it would be really good when you write "This zone drops 1 to 40 units of the commodity Premium Scrap Metal when mined using appropriate equipment."
instead of "Scrap Metal"

Regards,
Lambda
I believe that may be a field that's been modified server-side - which I can't easily add or update on the map, as it currently only looks at the local game files - but I'll take a look and see what's going on there when I get home this evening (i.e. in a few hours). Thanks for the heads-up! Big Grin

(11-27-2015, 05:28 PM)Zigeris Wrote: [ -> ]Hm doesn't work for me, sad day, looks like a great project!
Got any details or screenshots for me? It's a bit difficult to troubleshoot "doesn't work", unfortunately. Sad

(PS: And welcome back, by the way! Smile )
Thanks mate, don't look at my posts I make comments about humanoid cats....and cats in general.

But yeah I got it working with a refresh and some changes to Java.
Ah, yeah, it certainly won't work with JavaScript disabled using NoScript or any similar plugin/setting. Glad to hear that you got it working! Smile

PS: And yes, I do know, that, thanks. Was wondering when you were planning on getting this old thread locked dug up again, like you usually do when you visit. )))
looks pritty nice.
There's something I didn't want to mention before since I wasn't sure whether or not it was just a client side thing. But i've checked on different computers, so here goes.

Sometimes (though not always) the colour circles for Gallic systems aren't complete, sometimes being split into two or three parts. This doesn't affect the quality of the map in any way, but I wanted to check in case it was deliberate (since the sections of colour are frequently of equal size to each other).

Excellent, neat and high quality design.
Thank you for such a great interactive map

Malmsteen
(11-29-2015, 12:08 AM)Wixelt Wrote: [ -> ]There's something I didn't want to mention before since I wasn't sure whether or not it was just a client side thing. But i've checked on different computers, so here goes.

Sometimes (though not always) the colour circles for Gallic systems aren't complete, sometimes being split into two or three parts. This doesn't affect the quality of the map in any way, but I wanted to check in case it was deliberate (since the sections of colour are frequently of equal size to each other).
It's not intentional, that's just different browser versions handling dashed borders on round elements (like the Gallic systems) differently. I've found almost every browser I've tested it on so far to handle those in a different manner: Firefox doesn't even try to render the dashed border on the Gallic systems leaving just a solid border, while Chrome does it a bit differently for each resolution and zoom level. Safari seems to do something odd in between Firefox and Chrome where it'll draw the first two segments until the there's no space left, making it look like a slightly odd dashed C.

That's one of the unfortunate consequences of relying on the browser to render things instead of just using plain old images, I suppose - I've already considered replacing the dashed border with something that renders a bit more consistently across different browsers for that reason. Could perhaps give it a different fill colour to make it stand out a bit better on browsers that don't support those dashed borders.

EDIT: Wait, my apologies, I think I may have misunderstood your question a bit there, but my point about changing the dashed borders on the Gallic systems into something that works in most browsers still stands. They're supposed to be dashed/"split" to make them stand out from the rest a bit, but as you've figured out they don't work (well) in Firefox plus a few other browsers.

(11-28-2015, 06:27 AM)Dark_Predator Wrote: [ -> ]looks pritty nice.
(11-29-2015, 12:16 AM)Malmsteen Wrote: [ -> ]

Excellent, neat and high quality design.
Thank you for such a great interactive map

Malmsteen
Thanks for the feedback to both of you! Just remember to make another post here in case you run into any (unlisted) issues or if you've got any feature suggestions or other requests for it; those are always much appreciated. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43