Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: World of Tanks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-22-2012, 08:24 PM)ArmsAndLegs Guy Wrote: [ -> ]The amount of XP needed for the mastery badges are based on the amount made over the last 7 days. Its not based on all the battles since the introduction of the tank.

Also, the mastery badges are based on the regular XP, before Premium status bonus and any daily double/tripple/quintuple bonus are applied. So if you do better in that battle XP wise than 50 % of the people driving that tank the last 7 days, you get a Class 3, better than 80 % driving the tank over the last 7 days, you get a Class 2, better than 95 % driving that tank over the last 7 days, you get a Class 1 and if you do better than 99 % of those driving that tank the last 7 days, you get the Ace Tanker badge.

Still there are people who claim in the chat, that premium account is necessary for the higher classes. This is proof that it isn't. (And its actually fun to grind a standard account again Big Grin)

I did not mean since tank was old, the badges were based on all the games. I meant since they been played for like a year, alot of people have played those tanks 500 plus games, and know exactly how to play them at their best. So these tanks generally make higher exp, as alot of vets are playing them, and have since Beta.
For example I still play my KV1 for fun, and in last 10 games or so i have been no lower then top 3 even when facing 6's.
So a new tank like the ELC for example when it came out, everyone was trying to scout with it, as it was a light. But with a 90MM gun, and low profile it makes a far better fast attack, or sniper tank.
(10-22-2012, 08:36 PM)ryoken Wrote: [ -> ]So a new tank like the ELC for example when it came out, everyone was trying to scout with it, as it was a light. But with a 90MM gun, and low profile it makes a far better fast attack, or sniper tank.

ELC = Passive/active scout-slash-TD. Thats how I play it.
Get in position fast at approach routes. Hope your slower support is up to the task. Wait.. Steal the kill, relocate.
Profit and frolick in the rage from both sides Big Grin
Been reuinted with my old love a few days back: the M4 Sherman 'Tommy Cooker' / 'Zipper' / 'Scrappile'

Sherm derp is gonna derp.

Also, the Sherman's driver is called Sherman Gunn. Yes, I am not pooing you.
Just wait until you can buy gold ammo for silver, and load up the sherman DERP gun with gold ammo. It will then be dam nasty to anything it meets. I tried it in past with a couple rounds, and you can pop tigers in 3 shots.
Although i hear the gold ammo will be in the area of 4K a shot.
Teeehheeehehehe!! the Sherman with the 105 howitzer and HEAT ammo? i smell Hand Of Death (some more) it has been largely discussed about the availability of the premium ammo for silver, people are ranting a lot, and think they have part of reason, no longer "wallet warriors" but now everybody can get extra cash with a premium account, so 4k per round? too cheap i think, problem is, premium ammo has the same damage value than standard, at least in most cases, this will be open really to abuse
Well 4K a round was an estimat, as still not released, and in Beta testing. Also getting a new ammo. HESH or something like that. It is basically an HE round but has a C4 charge on it that pens less then AP ,but more then HE, and does a little less damage then HE, but more then AP. All the french players are claiming this will kill the french. Like regular HE could not already pen a french tank.
People are claiming friday, or monday for 8.1 release on NA, 25th for Russ server.
I am looking forward to 17 pounder, it looks awesome so far.
A new version? already? 0_o
Good morning Dashy, see what happens when you are not in the WoT chat? 8-|

You miss stuff like the two weeks of public test with british medium and heavy lines!