Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: World of Tanks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Umm.. so you think games should not make the company that made them money?... I do not see why this is something that should be worried about.. they are not forcing you to spend anything..
Oh look, it's the conspiracy theories time again.

ps: my Lowe/T59 earnings are fine as usual, and i can't find a tank that need so urgent rebalancing. Can you enlight me?

Also, they have more than one team, each of them tasked with something, the fact they released chinese tanks does not mean they slowed down the development on other things.

Btw, 8.4 confirmed with british TDs.
(01-19-2013, 10:54 AM)Valinor Wrote: [ -> ]Oh look, it's the conspiracy theories time again.

ps: my Lowe/T59 earnings are fine as usual, and i can't find a tank that need so urgent rebalancing. Can you enlight me?

Also, they have more than one team, each of them tasked with something, the fact they released chinese tanks does not mean they slowed down the development on other things.

Btw, 8.4 confirmed with british TDs.

Its not a conspiracy theorie. reel in that snide mon frere. Fact is, WoT has a modus operandus that kinda sucks. Sure, if a company puts time and money in developing a game, they need to earn money back. they re not doing charity. but the WoT balance is being screwed up. it is shifting from pay to play (faster) to pay to win.

And more and more, they are neglecting to fix bugs in favor of bringing out new tanks that make no sense. look at the chinese tree. its just cntl C cntrl V. or the epic fail brittish line they pumped out half arsed.

New maps? nope. fix some horribly balanced tanks (Centurion, bugged guns on USA tanks, ista-burn german tanks)? nope. 3 arties max per game? nope. remove premium ammo which is screwing up balance? nope.
(01-19-2013, 11:51 AM)Dashiell Wrote: [ -> ]Its not a conspiracy theorie. reel in that snide mon frere. Fact is, WoT has a modus operandus that kinda sucks. Sure, if a company puts time and money in developing a game, they need to earn money back. they re not doing charity. but the WoT balance is being screwed up. it is shifting from pay to play (faster) to pay to win.

And more and more, they are neglecting to fix bugs in favor of bringing out new tanks that make no sense. look at the chinese tree. its just cntl C cntrl V. or the epic fail brittish line they pumped out half arsed.

New maps? nope. fix some horribly balanced tanks (Centurion, bugged guns on USA tanks, ista-burn german tanks)? nope. 3 arties max per game? nope. remove premium ammo which is screwing up balance? nope.

:v

Either it's a conspiracy theory, or i have to flag it into the usual fanboyism.

The chinese tech tree was initally meant to be released only on the chinese server ( that is still the second largest WoT server after the Russian one), but then decided to release them world wide. And yet you didn't read what i wrote before, development of new tech trees and bug fixing are two separate things that aren't influenced because WG can count on more teams for each type of development. Aka releasing chinese tanks didn't slow down the development of maps, bugfixing, engine fixing etc etc.

As for the pay to win? Nothing changed since a LONG time, so i really don't see what changed since you started playing really. Up to tier 7 you can easily keep making money without premium, from tier 8 things starts getting ugly without premium, that's how the game is meant to be, and that's how the game have always been.

I also might have to remind you that until the last patches they had an average of 2 released maps per new version. They stopped working on new maps now because they aren't satisfied with some of the reworked maps, and they first want to focus those before introducing new ones that might need additional fixing later on.

I don't have much experience with the british line since i stopped middle tier, but do tell, what's wrong with american guns?

And the old "germans nerfed to death" story is really getting annoyed. Yes, germans burns more. No, they aren't suffering that much from it. Yes, german tanks are still nice tanks to be played.

As for the cap of 3 arty per match, before complaining about it, i suggest you to inform yourself, because WG did inform us of why they coudn't lower it more, and the answer is queue time. This hardcap is temporary, and you also seems to have missed the fact arty is going to be changed up to t10, which means every arty will get a lower MM spread, which means a future hardcap of them, if introduced, will actually lower the numers of arties per team more than than the actual dynamic cap is doing.

Premium ammo? WG so far was gathering data, but having some gold rounds on each tank per se isn't a big deal really. The only annoying ones are the full gold combinations with derps guns, i am mostly thinking about the Pz4, Sherman, KV-2, VK2801. All those tanks gold ammo will be nerfed, it is known since ages.

So really, please inform yourself a little more, otherwise you aren't different from the random posts you find on the EU forum of people complaining why they can't kill all tanks with their Tiger H etc etc etc
4 biggest conspiracy theories on WoT :

4. Russian Bias.

3. Matchmaker hates me.

2. <insert favourite tank tree here> is OP/UP/Bugged

1. Its a pay2win game, they are so greedy.

[Image: tin-foil-hat.jpg]

No wonder I got a huge profit from my aluminium mine and tin foil manufacturing company shares in 2012.

I play the German and French tree on EU. I play the US and USSR tree on NA. I play the German and British tree on SEA. I have no issues with any of them. I adapt my playstyle to the tank I am using - no matter what nation tree it comes from, and according to the tactical situation in the battle while it unfolds. Works for me.

And no, as a moderator I don't get any "perks" or better matchmaking/stats/rebate on my tanks (thats actually conspiracy theory number 9 at the moment). I have to play my tanks just like any other player, in order to get wins, credits and XP.
Pretty much.

Now gief me gold and secret WG pls.

Another guy i talked to said that by having a premium account you end up fighting in a better MM Wink

There is a new conspiracy every day pretty much.
Frank and A&L guy still around? Yippeee ))))

<3
Earnings are ok for me in general (although I don't have a Type). Chinese tree is not 'fail'. it's just poor in the sense, it's just other tanks from other nations. The only reason I can see they made it is for market appeal (and by the way, I see no issue with that). They don't really have enough tanks for a proper tree.
Can't comment on the British grind. Still in the lower tiers. They seem fine to me.
The premium ammo hasn't really changed much for me in game except for tier 9 up. Tier 8 downwards rarely use it except for Derp gunners and the writing is -and has been for some time- on the wall for them. Tier 9's and up?
Yeah well, it's there and it's gonna get used. Frankly, it justifies my premium Valentine (which I bought at half price :-)) and I hardly notice it being fired in my direction. My stats haven't deteriorated that I have noticed since it was introduced anyway.
As for arty, it's a pain on the high tiers. I would have thought they could have had a trigger. Over 100k players and hard limit the numbers of them. The other option is to limit it anyway. The wait time to play is exactly the cure for them, wouldn't you think?
Eitherway, I don't mind because as has been pointed out, they will change arty soon and I can't wait.
Feedback on maps?
Yeah. IF they listen, I haven't noticed and they haven't said but there you go.
(01-18-2013, 01:37 PM)ryoken Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone noticed how much less the LOWE/KV5/Type59 makes lately cash wise?
I used to make 50K+ per game on average, but lately i get 15-30K average(these without prem) I play my tier3,4 french prems now, and make almost as much as the 8s in games that are half as long.

Serb (lead game designer) answering a question regarding that. I just thought it was funny.

"Q: "Dear developers, does WoT generate so little profit that you have to reduce the profitability of the tanks?" A: "Dear players, do you play so bad that you have to imagine the profitability drops all the time?"

I won't comment about the rest, as Frank is doing a fine job at that Tongue

Now, slightly unrelated. The games in Katowice (in case anyone's interested in ESports) are over. It was all live streamed and I intended to post a link here, but I completely forgot xD. Still, you can watch them here (hopefully they'll upload the finals soon). It was quite fun and Evil Panda Squad won 7000 euros. Quite cool ;d
Chaffee and sniping remains something funny and I just had a ridicules match with it.

[Image: c67efdf7fb385bb337dfa64c89639ecc.png]

[Image: sbog49_th.jpg] [Image: 30ts7mh_th.jpg] [Image: 2qu5f60_th.jpg]

Some running around heavy tanks and sniping from a distance, then chasing heavies in the back keeps
and probably will remain the thing I get my fun from in this game.