Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: World of Tanks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-31-2012, 10:47 AM)Sokol Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2012, 10:24 AM)ryoken Wrote: [ -> ]Just another reason not to bother grinding on the EU server. I will stick to NA server, and give my EU account to my friends 9 year old. Hell he is better then 80% of EU players anyway with 1100 stat score.

Don't fool yourself. The majority of EU playerbase doesn't seem to be older than he is.

LOL that i believe.
Well, I'm off to the NA server. Just for the lulz. To see what those Americans can do.
(12-31-2012, 01:39 AM)ryoken Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2012, 11:41 AM)Dashiell Wrote: [ -> ]I unlocked the T30 TD. I hear it's a piece of crap nerfed into an early grave. is it worth getting?

Been wondering the same thing. It used to be good, but WG has nerfed so much to hell lately I been wondering.
Also i find to many stat padders on EU. For example: Went on today as x5 to maybe get some exp for french line. I started in the french tier 1 with 50 crew. 1 guy gets 7 kills before team kills him and so i look him up after game, and oh gee, oh my imagine my surprise to see it is some clan player with over 17K games.
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x238/...0e252f.jpg
Sure NA also has stat padders, but after 5 games in my tier 1 i spotted 12 of these guys in after game report. Truely sad as some of them still has Shat stats.

Or, you know, someone might just enjoy playing with those funny small tanks like i do.

The Eu server is full of bad players, that's a fact. Also comes down from the fact we have 7-8 times the player pool you have, and that we don't speak the same language.

As for the age, i don't think you know who you are playing with on the NA server. It's a free game, ergo teenagers will surely be on it.

Now, could you try posting only relevant replay, and not the average ones? Because seriously, we all do those daily.
(12-30-2012, 11:41 AM)Dashiell Wrote: [ -> ]I unlocked the T30 TD. I hear it's a piece of crap nerfed into an early grave. is it worth getting?

T30, when upgraded is awesome. Decent alphadamage, good accuracy, and can double as a heavy tank ( though not alone). Remember to use cover of the frontal glacis, but if you angle it the front hull bounces nicely. And remember to play it primarily as a supporting tank, even whn going Heavy tank mode, instead of TD mode.

Rammer, binocs and camo for td duty, rammer, gld, and optics for heavy tank duty.

/AALG
One of my old friends from the Discovery Freelancer Gaming Community just unlocked the T30, and asked whether it was worth getting : "I unlocked the T30 TD. I hear it's a piece of crap nerfed into an early grave. is it worth getting?"
My reply to him was the following :
"T30, when upgraded is awesome. Decent alphadamage, good accuracy, and can double as a heavy tank (though not alone). Remember to use cover of the frontal glacis, but if you angle it the front hull bounces nicely. And remember to play it primarily as a supporting tank, even when going Heavy tank mode, instead of TD mode.
Rammer, binocs and camo for td duty, rammer, gld, and optics for heavy tank duty."

Then I went on the NA server where I have the T30, and had an average battle for the T30. What better way to convince him to get it, than by posting the video of that battle. So Dashiell, this one is for you, mate...

As usual, available in 1080p HD for the full gory details, and includes the complete After Battle Report at the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x81bKfZ0l8U

Victory!
Battle: Cliff 1. january 2013 03:48:27
Vehicle: T30
Experience recieved: 2.808 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 63.393

Hm, I do see 2 of the fabled 'random shots' the T30 is known for. that said, the repairbill isnt that bad even though you got hit pretty hard.

Thanks for the video JD. I appriciate it.
(01-01-2013, 12:43 PM)Dashiell Wrote: [ -> ]Hm, I do see 2 of the fabled 'random shots' the T30 is known for. that said, the repairbill isnt that bad even though you got hit pretty hard.

Thanks for the video JD. I appriciate it.

Any time, mate, any time.
Even though the Super Pershing isn't the fastest vehicle in the garage, you can still utilize its durability in spotting as an attack-scout, with the advantage of having a gun with decent RoF and good accuracy, to grind spotted targets down, even with its less than ideal alphadamage.

Just get to a spot where you can keep in hiding, while observing, and shoot when needed. The Redshire map, no matter which side you start on, is full of terrain features where you can hide and take advantage of the SP's excellent frontal armor, and good viewrange.

As can be seen in the included After Battle Report, besides doing a decent 2.718 damage amount directly, the SP also got Evil Eyes when placed right - 1.666 damage points by spotting for the friendly tanks.

So all in all, my previous statements of the SP being the most versatile best bang for the buck premium Tier VIII tank still stands.

As usual, available in 1080p HD for the full gory details, and includes the complete ABR at the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YFFxoEsIYA

Victory!
Battle: Redshire 6. januar 2013 20:11:10
Vehicle: T26E4 Super Pershing
Experience received: 3.624 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 108.003
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall, Sniper

Chappo, one of my fellow moderators on the SEA server got himself a new toy, the premium TD AT-15A from the british tree. A heavily armoured mastodont, with a fastfiring peashooter that still does a bit of damage.

He had a 5 kill run in it and asked me to fraps his replay for him.
Unfortunately I don't have the ABR nor the after battle notice for his battle, but it seems like a nice capable vehicle.

As usual, available in 1080p HD for the full gory details. But no ABR this time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgnhhGgM2p8