Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Kaiserliche Rheinwehr [RM] - Message Dump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
___--- Incoming Transmission ---___
ID: Flieger Elias Beist
[Image: YWiCJ.jpg]

This message covers two interesting events. First, and briefly, I have received a transmission about a new base in Koeln. At around the same time, I contacted an RFP vessel in order to get some info on the situation in Hamburg.

Transmission

Arriving on the scene, I encountered the following vessels:

Daumann , RFP , BDM Cruiser , BDM Gunboat , OSI (hauling Diamonds). What followed was, in my opinion, a very uncalled for interrogation of the Daumann vessel. It seems to me that at least some of the distrust has been sparked by the OSI vessel, because he was apparently caught attempting to smuggle diamonds into Liberty. Due to my own outrage on the scene, I may have made a few overly bold requests, which I hope I can be forgiven for, since I have been over-ridden by the BDM in any case.

Log: | __ | __ | __ | __ | __ | __ | __ | __ |

At this point, a higher ranking BDM member resolved the situation.

Direktor , Resolution (//not sure what that suicide was, probably a miscontrol)

Awaiting your response.

Elias out.

___--- Transmission Terminated---___
________--- Incoming Transmission ---________
Encryption: Low
ID: Flieger Elias Beist

Today has been an interesting experience... And a very frustrating one at that.
Right after waking up, I picked up a call for assistance from Major Sittlingen. We forced the enemy capital vessel to cloak, as he could not prevail against two bombers.

Approximately nine hours later, we encountered two more Hessian cruisers, who were working as a team. Sadly, my warning, although sent off with maximum haste, was not enough for the Daumann transport to escape unscathed... The Hessian jumped into Munich, where presumably, the transport could not get out of cruise disruptor range... At the time, I was awaiting my bomber on Holstein. After finally getting behind the controls and taking the trade lane, I heard the final comms of the Daumann schiff. The cruiser tagged Panzerkampfwagen greeted me with black humor. I got close enough to tractor in the escape pod, at moderate danger to myself.

At this point, the other member of the Hessian team jumped or uncloaked in turret range. Escape proved futile, as one of the cruisers unleashed a barrage of cruise disruptors, while the other engaged his cruise engines to reach my position. In retrospect, I could have tried to disable both of their cruise engines, but that maneuver would most likely leave me floating in a single trajectory for far too long. I settled for constant thrust and evasive maneouvers.

After a few minutes of this, Major Sittlingen and another friendly bomber arrived on the scene. What followed was a lengthy and dangerous combat. Ultimately, with the odds against the Cruisers, they both engaged cloaking devices, albeit at slightly different times. A short video log summarized their capitulation, and that of the earlier vessel.

LOG

In the end, we had to call in capital ships of our own to secure the systems where they were detected by the long range scanns of our stationary battleships.

Something has to be done about this, but I do not know what... It seems that their suppliers have easy access to the raw materials required for this technology, AND the appropriate blueprints. These are dire news at the time when our economy MUST run without flaw....

Elias out.

________--- Transmission Terminated---________
ID: Gefreiter Elias Beist
Subject: Report Number 4

Today I have met a familiar, if unwelcome, cruiser at the Stuttgart jump gate in the New Berlin System. The trader he was pirating managed to escape through the jump gate, with my signal jamming the frequency right after he completed the sequence. Not able to follow his prey, the cruiser decided to attempt to put a bounty on my head, while I transmitted system wide that the jump gate was off-limits and attempted to contact someone for assistanse. The only vessel capable of carrying out the bounty wisely declined, wishing to remain neutral, and left the scene.
After assistance arrived, the cruiser escaped into the Ruhrfeld, presumably to replenish cloaking supplies. After the sweep of the field, the last confirmed location of the cruiser was B-4, presumably before he turned off all but the most vital systems and started floating in space (// i.e. dc'd). The lack of any logs is an oversight on my part, as I did not record anything before switching vessels and thus resetting the neural net data.

Some time later, we encountered and quickly dispatched an Outcast vessel. It seems I was not even required on the scene, although my assitance assured an efficient destruction.

Close to the end of my patrol, I encountered two hostile contacts, a Thor and a Mjolnir. Immediately after sending a call for assistance to Herr Bauer, I approached closer in order to get a better reading. They engaged while I finished scanning, forcing me to retreat. With both of them on my "six", I managed to sustain only minimal hull damage while making my way towards the Karlsruhe. At this point, the Mjolnir broke off, leaving me to engage the Thor. After a short combat, the Thor retreated toward the Mjolnir, who was already engaged by Herr Bauer. With our combined fire and herr Bauer's efficient aim with the Rheinland Antimatter Cannon, the Mjolnir was dispatched in short order. The Thor, deciding the odds too large for survival, cloaked and presumably made his way into Ostenbel. My Mosquitoes were unable to track his signature.

Neural Net Log:
| o | o | o | o | o |

Before terminating, I would like to commend Herr Bauer on his performance. He not only managed to place the last location of the cruiser, but demonstrated his combat effectivenes on two other occasions.

Elias out.

=[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]=

SOURCE: Planet Neu Berlin, Neu Berlin System.
ENCRYPTION: High, port RM-HC-SE-184-LS

Receiving...
Decrypting...
Opening...

[Image: Lydia.png]

SUBMITTER: Lydia Steinbach
RECIPIENT: Rheinwehr Database
SUBJECT: After action report

Submitting after action report from scheduled patrol 244-CRS-1356.

Patrol lead: Major von Sittlingen
Destination: Neu Berlin - Stuttgart - Köln
Assigned wingmen: None

2232 NBST:
Reported contact at Stuttgart Gate in Neu Berlin.

2233 NBST:
Distress call class C received.

2236 NBST:
Danger to civilian transport reported, additional call for reinforcements.

2242 NBST:
Transmission received, targets identified as class W. Transport reported being under attack.

2245 NBST:
Transport reported as being destroyed.

2250 NBST:
Targets reported jumping to Stuttgart. Major von Sittlingen gives chase.

2253 NBST:
Wraith registered jumping to Omega-7

2258 NBST:
Wraith registered jumping to Omega-11

2316 NBST:
Major von Sittlingen's Wraith vanishes off the grid. All communications lost.

Patrol 244-CRS-1356 to be listed as MIA. Personnel presumed dead.

Hochachtungsvoll,
Lydia Steinbach, Sekretärin des Oberkommandos.

Encrypting...
Closing...

=[TRANSMISSION TERMINATED]=
Subject: Report Number 5

The Stuttgart jump gate in New Berlin was a site of another clash today. While on patrol, I encountered the familiar Hessian and someone I thought was his accomplice. Both had cloaking devices equipped and no doubt functional, so I steeled myself for another long "bug hunt". In my good fortune, the RNC-Pandora was performing recon in the Hamburg system. I contacted its captain and shortly after, engaged the Hessian, upon his denial to be taken into custody. While the Transport urged that he was not hostile and did not want to fight, I already marked him for arrest, to be taken care of after the Hessian. In a sufficiently close battle (Ja, this might signify some improvement of my flying), the transport jettisoned a part of his nanobots and shield batteries, which were immediately picked up by the Hessian. At this point, I called in the Pandora to eliminate it. Its captain claims that he almost managed to destroy the transport before it, and the bomber, cloaked.

Some time later, we received a system-wide transmission from the familiar cruiser, Carrick's.Shadow, in which he taunted the Rheinland Military. Switching to the Bergelmir, I proceeded to his usual location - the Stuttgart jump gate. Him and the Thor were both there, waiting for me. I hailed them from sufficient distance to keep them busy while assistance arrived. What proceeded was a relatively close battle, until the arrival of the Admiral, on the Pressburg. The cruiser swiftly cloaked and abandoned the Thor to our weapons. I had a chance to only get off 2 RAC shots, which I both missed. The Gefreiter did his best to eliminate the Hessian as well, but only managed to damage approximately four fifths of the hull. The Thor did manage to dock with the Junker installation inside the field. A subsequent sweep of the field yielded no additional contacts.

Neural Net Log:
| o | o |

Elias out.

[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]

SOURCE: Battleship Strausberg, New Berlin System.
ENCRYPTION: Medium, port RM-AE-12-VPR-SN2
  • >>> Receiving...
    >> Decrypting...
    > Opening...
[Image: adrianwiesen.png]

SUBMITTER: Fähnrich Adrian Wiesen
RECIPIENT: Rheinwehr Secured Comm-Link
SUBJECT: Patrol Report [20]

• We were informed of an engagement between Liberty forces and a group of RNC ships in Hamburg system, and by the time our bomber wing reached the sector, Liberty forces were overwhelmed, with some of them running, some of them destroyed, and only a handful left. So, the RNC capitals were ordered back to New Berlin, and our bomber wing engaged the remaining capitals.

The remaining Liberty force consisted of one fighter, one gunboat, one battlecruiser and one dreadnought. Unfortunately, I had to return to Hamburg near the end of the engagement due to ion storms, but during the time I was involved in the battle, our forces managed to successfully destroy the battlecruiser, and I personally took out the Guardian fighter, who was disturbing one of our Fafnirs' bombing runs. Based on my observations before I left scanner range of the battle zone, the gunboat was already fleeing, and the battleship was receiving heavy damage.

That would be all. Related guncams can be found attached to this message.

[ Attachments ]

[ | | ]

Encrypting...
Closing...

[TRANSMISSION TERMINATED]
[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]

• >>> Receiving...
    >> Decrypting...
    > Opening...

SUBJECT: Patrol Report [21]

• During a routine patrol of the New Berlin system we received reports of Gefreiter Beist encountering three Corsair vessels on the lane from Dortmund station to Battleship Strausberg, including a bomber, a gunboat and a cruiser, about to engage in piracy against a Bowex transport vessel.

Moving in to investigate, we encountered said vessels not far from Bonn. At this point, we engaged the Corsairs, with Gefreiter Beist pursuing the gunboat, and me taking out the bomber, and later with the help of Gefreiter Fuchs intercepting and destroying the fleeing cruiser which had made its way to Stuttgart before we managed to cut it off and take it down.

It's noteworthy that, quoting the Bowex captain directly, "Crew [of the Bowex vessel] had not had so much fun watching a fight in a long time" and that destroying those vessels with such pace and ease was "a fine display of Rheinland might". Transport vessel, despite being poorly armored and equipped, was saved from the hostile vessels with its hull intact and cargo and personnel unharmed, and headed back to Bretonia after both systems of New Berlin and Stuttgart were cleared.

Relevant guncams can be found in attachments as usual.

[ Attachments ]

[ | | | ]

Encrypting...
Closing...

[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]

• >>> Receiving...
    >> Decrypting...
    > Opening...

SUBJECT: Patrol Report [22]

• We received a report from a nearby RFP patrol regarding the TLAGSNET data on three hostile vessels in Stuttgart system, so Leutnant Austerlitz and I (Later on joined by Gefreiter Fuchs) enrouted to the reported location to investigate. However, soon as we got to Stuttgart system we received reports of said vessels moving to Koeln system, which needless to say, is out of Polizei's TLAGSNET coverage, as there are no fully constructed lanes in said system so far.

Once we got to Koeln, we had to spread out to check all the known locations for possible unlawful activity, and finally found the unlawful group consisting of one LWB transport, one LWB bomber and one SCRA bomber, in the northern part of the system. As Leutnant Austerlitz decided to offer them a chance to surrender, there was a short conversation afterwards, which wasn't something I'd personally consider fruitful, as the LWB were more interested in advertising their horrible raw fruits rather than saving their own lives first, and so we engaged the unlawful vessels at last. Even despite the heavy armor upgrade installed on the transport, it proved to require no real effort to get rid of the three unlawful ships, as their bombers clearly weren't aces and the transport, being one of those so-called "Pirate transport" vessels, is harder to miss than hit.

After the unlawful vessels in Koeln were taken care of, we received reports from a trader regarding a Hessian cruiser pirating near Planet Stuttgart, so Gefreiter Fuchs and I enrouted to intercept the Hessian capital ship. We found the cruiser at the lane to New Berlin jumpgate, and the vessel was engaged by our two bombers. Soon after, a second Hessian cruiser arrived, trying to assist the other Hessian, but the second cruiser was easily taken care of. From that point on, it was a pure mess as more and more Hessians kept coming, and my bomber was destroyed in the end, but gladly, Leutnant Austerlitz was there in time to recover my pod. By the time I went down, we had 2 Hessian cruisers, 1 Hessian battleship, 1 pirate gunboat, 1 Hessian bomber, 2 Hessian fighters and 1 LWB fighter in the fight against me and Gefreiter Fuchs, 1 cruiser and 1 bomber of which got destroyed before my ship was disabled.

Related guncams to both incidents are included as always.

[ Attachments ]

[ | | | | | ]

Encrypting...
Closing...

Subject: Report Number 6

At the beginning of today's patrol, I have encountered an LWB gunboat seemingly pirating a DHC vessel. However, as I got in range, the LWB captain proceeded to try to engage both of us in conversation. Trying to gauge his inclination and possibly buy some time for the trader, I remarked that all conversations can be continued in Vierlande. Instead of escaping, the captain of the Daumann vessel went down into his hold and returned with a load of Synth Paste. Leaving the comms channel on, he gorged on the revolting substance. The LWB captain did not seem to get distressed by this, at least not as much as I did. Right after my words about forwarding this interaction to his superiours, all our systems were wiped out by an ion storm.

After recovering, I decided to proceed to Dresden, since that is where some activity was spotted earlier by the Altenburg. Upon getting there, me and Gefreiter Fuchs joined up for a sweep of the adjacent Giftnebel. We encountered the Hessian Thors. I was not prepared for how little experience they seemingly had... They impaled themselves on my Panzerfaust like a piece of meat on a fork. We shorlty left the field, as it was starting to clog our scanners and comms. I proceeded to Stuttgart to buy some apples and get Fuchs some fruit salad, filled with crunchy Bount- Bananas... filled with crunchy bananas.

Attachments: | o | o | o | o | o |

Ah, Elias out.

________--- Transmission Hastily Terminated---________
=[INCOMING TRANSMISSION]=

SOURCE: Battleship Moselle, Braunschweig System.
ENCRYPTION: Low, port RM-FH-721-L-3

Receiving...
Decrypting...
Opening...

[Image: fuchs1_zpsc6ec7c3f.jpg]

SUBMITTER: Gefreiter Albrecht Fuchs
RECIPIENT: Rheinwehr Oberkommando
SUBJECT: Engagement reports

Geehrtes Oberkommando,

Today I was assigned on patrol duty with Major Hermann and Leutnant Austerlitz. We started out in Neu Berlin and performed a quick sweep of the system, finding two Hessian vessels - a Thor and an Odin - at the lane to Stuttgart. A short fight ensued and both vessels could be successfully destroyed.

Arriving in Stuttgart, we made our way to Omega-7 and from there to Omega-3. Apart from one suspicious vessel near Freiburg, which was also taken care of, we encountered nothing noteworthy.

Heading back to Omega-7, we decided to quickly perform a check of Omega-11. This proved to be an excellent idea, since soon after we resupplied our anti-radiation supplies at Solarius, more Hessians showed up. All in all we had about four enemy contacts, three fighters and one gunboat, from which two fighters could be destroyed while the rest legged it, but please see for yourselves in the provided attachements.

Fuchs Ende.

ATTACHEMENTS:
Scans:
o | o | o | o | o | o |
Destructions:
o | o | o | o |

Encrypting...
Closing...

=[TRANSMISSION TERMINATED]=