Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Blood Dragon Feedback page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
(12-18-2020, 06:31 PM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]Each and every faction of course can do everything they want with their RP, but it doesn't make the server any favors if you have more "governments" and "micro houses" than people online on average.

I kind of want to second this part. Nowadays it seems every second faction tries to become its own separate state with its own laws and etc. And the Northern Kusari Shogunate is hardly the only culprit in this issue.
(12-18-2020, 06:31 PM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]Discovery happening years after vanilla doesn't mean you can do things that contradict vanilla lore for no apparent reason. If for centuries Blood Dragons didn't make a separate state, chances are they wouldn't come to that road 27 years after out of the blue.

Pretty much only Mollys got the solid separatist background and good potential for that play.

Each and every faction of course can do everything they want with their RP, but it doesn't make the server any favors if you have more "governments" and "micro houses" than people online on average.

Yes it does. Who's to say this wasn't happening already? Just because there is no Vanilla Lore to support it, doesn't mean it could not happen!

Else we wouldn't have Gallia.

And this isn't out of the blue, it has been a long time in the works by our faction, you're just been so ignorant as to not notice.

We've centralised, under the direct power of our leader. We're less fractured into 'clans'. They essentially don't exist anymore. For all intents and purposes, we're basically a portion of the Blood Dragon's Armada that thinks differently. Think... Rebel Alliance and how they were made up of different cells that eventually amalgamated into one singular force. Except, in our view, the Blood Dragons have splintered in ideals some. You have those who vehemently refuse to change their ways and continue on the same path and us who have decided we need to take things into our own hands and be the change we want to see. Does it make us legitimate? No. Do we aim to do this to change Blood Dragon RP? No, not really.

If anything, I'd appreciate it if the Coalition as allies could be remove from the Blood Dragons NPC faction. Perhaps just make them neutral as they wouldn't otherwise interact, leave the engagement to RP. Then our ID can simply have the relations we have, separate from that of the NPC faction, so that people who desire to keep true to BD lore can do.
(12-18-2020, 06:40 PM)Backo Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2020, 06:31 PM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]Each and every faction of course can do everything they want with their RP, but it doesn't make the server any favors if you have more "governments" and "micro houses" than people online on average.

I kind of want to second this part. Nowadays it seems every second faction tries to become its own separate state with its own laws and etc. And the Northern Kusari Shogunate is hardly the only culprit in this issue.

For some reason, the Blood Dragons have had a laws page for years. Since waaaaay way back. I don't personally know why, I'm but an inheritor of the faction alongside SlappyTheRoach. Nor do I entirely disagree with your point may I say. The laws page if anything, is simply an extention of what we see our faction as being able to enforce as per RP.

We have deals with the Order for one, that include restricting the artifact trade. If we just spurt that out in RP, we've nothing to back it up, except a laws page. Else, I guess we could see if we could get it slapped into our ID, aye.
(12-18-2020, 06:41 PM)Jayenbee Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2020, 06:31 PM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]Discovery happening years after vanilla doesn't mean you can do things that contradict vanilla lore for no apparent reason. If for centuries Blood Dragons didn't make a separate state, chances are they wouldn't come to that road 27 years after out of the blue.

Pretty much only Mollys got the solid separatist background and good potential for that play.

Each and every faction of course can do everything they want with their RP, but it doesn't make the server any favors if you have more "governments" and "micro houses" than people online on average.

Yes it does. Who's to say this wasn't happening already? Just because there is no Vanilla Lore to support it, doesn't mean it could not happen!

And this isn't out of the blue, it has been a long time in the works by our faction, you're just been so ignorant as to not notice.

We've centralised, under the direct power of our leader. We're less fractured into 'clans'. They essentially don't exist anymore. For all intents and purposes, we're basically a portion of the Blood Dragon's Armada that thinks differently. Think... Rebel Alliance and how they were made up of different cells that eventually amalgamated into one singular force. Except, in our view, the Blood Dragons have splintered in ideals some. You have those who vehemently refuse to change their ways and continue on the same path and us who have decided we need to take things into our own hands and be the change we want to see. Does it make us legitimate? No. Do we aim to do this to change Blood Dragon RP? No, not really.

If anything, I'd appreciate it if the Coalition as allies could be remove from the Blood Dragons NPC faction. Perhaps just make them neutral as they wouldn't otherwise interact, leave the engagement to RP. Then our ID can simply have the relations we have, separate from that of the NPC faction, so that people who desire to keep true to BD lore can do.

So BD can do everything because Gallia and they are centralized. Alright. I suppose we can end this discussion here because obviously none of us is going to be convinced.
(12-18-2020, 06:52 PM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2020, 06:41 PM)Jayenbee Wrote: [ -> ]

So BD can do everything because Gallia and they are centralized. Alright. I suppose we can end this discussion here because obviously none of us is going to be convinced.

Pahaha. The words of one defeated by logic. You're not able to offer a coherent counter responce, you speak like a News Reporter trying to get an interveiwee to say something that supports the agenda the media is aiming for.

Shameful dispray.

You're not even hearing me, you're more concerned with being right, rather than entering into genuine discourse. Pathetic, I shouldn't expect better from this community.
Oh no, I've been defeated. I am indeed very pathetic and miserable.
It would be fun if all those separatist factions springing up recently suddenly united among themselves. Imagine having a faction called United Separatists.

Would I be allowed to join the Northern Shogunate and then separate, forming my own Independent Confederal Republic of My Personal Light Fighter?
(12-18-2020, 06:59 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]It would be fun if all those separatist factions springing up recently suddenly united among themselves. Imagine having a faction called United Separatists.

Would I be allowed to join the Northern Shogunate and then separate, forming my own Independent Confederal Republic of My Personal Light Fighter?

Yes.
Epic. This is a much better way for Disco to end than I imagined. In the end it all devolves into everyone becoming their own flying country.
Maybe a bit of history context with no judgment etc. attached:
The BD law page came around a time when a regions major unlawful or house independent playerfaction was fortifying their RP through law pages or a codex etc.
The law page was nuked later on and became infinitely WIP and under re-construction.

Now to my - of course totally biased and full of conspiracy against BD, Nerva - opinion about a claim on Northern Kusari (Sorry but the name implies just this, no matter how much you aim to represent this inRP, it clings to the name and will be interpreted as such by people)
I could see BD re-establish a law codex and lay claim on the whole of Kusari with 3 categories: Uncontested, directly contested, under enemy occupation or something along this line. I could not see BD, a united or Clan one, to lay claim to just a part of Kusari and thus effectively picture themselves as a splinter state similar to the Insurgency (they still claim all of Liberty though) or the Mollys. Personally, I see the possibility that the in-lore existing, obviously part of the opposition, political support of the Blood Dragons ends up ultimately suffering from such a decision. Doesn't have to happen but it would make sense to me, at least when your aim is to focus on establishing an actual new state. (Edit: Like, your political support would feel kinda betrayed, as BDs message was to change Kusari back to its roots, back to a better old-yet-new face, not split apart)

Also, while I can understand your reaction to Shiki and co., unfortunately you always tend to end up calling out how ultimately horrible and pathetic this community is and idk but I feel like you try to exclude yourself on purpose from it too in a way, no offense.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28