Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Blood Dragon Feedback page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
(12-18-2020, 07:04 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]Epic. This is a much better way for Disco to end than I imagined. In the end it all devolves into everyone becoming their own flying country.

Why not? This community and server is in it's death throes, enjoy it how you see fit. Make your factions you feel like making. Reimagine others. Play how you want to play, have fun your way. Don't feel like you should be dictated by an elitist portion of the community who uses feedback threads to bully and intimidate players into being what they want.
(12-18-2020, 07:07 PM)Emperor Tekagi Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a bit of history context with no judgment etc. attached:
The BD law page came around a time when a regions major unlawful or house independent playerfaction was fortifying their RP through law pages or a codex etc.
The law page was nuked later on and became infinitely WIP and under re-construction.

Now to my - of course totally biased and full of conspiracy against BD, Nerva - opinion about a claim on Northern Kusari (Sorry but the name implies just this, no matter how much you aim to represent this inRP, it clings to the name and will be interpreted as such by people)
I could see BD re-establish a law codex and lay claim on the whole of Kusari with 3 categories: Uncontested, directly contested, under enemy occupation or something along this line. I could not see BD, a united or Clan one, to lay claim to just a part of Kusari and thus effectively picture themselves as a splinter state similar to the Insurgency (they still claim all of Liberty though) or the Mollys. Personally, I see the possibility that he in-lore existing, obviously part of the opposition, political support of the Blood Dragons ultimately suffering from such a decision. Doesn't have to happen but it would make sense to me, at least when your aim is to focus on establishing an actual new state.

Also, while I can understand your reaction to Shiki and co., unfortunately you always tend to end up calling out how ultimately horrible and pathetic this community is and idk but I feel like you try to exclude yourself on purpose from it too in a way, no offense.

A fair assessment. Yes, I'm amongst that pathetic number, as I'm still around, I've never discounted that fact. I'm just tired of people doing as I aforementioned above.

The name is to represent our current holdings. Our claims extend further than that, the whole of Kusari one might imagine. I had planned on making a lengthy propaganda post of 'The Promises we offer to Kusari', which detail our goals and intent towards a better Kusari. Such things include but are not limited to the disbandment of the Kieretsu, the formation of nationalised entities, who answer directly to the government, thus preventing another Sakura Coup and the support of the Chrysanthemum cause, who at their core are fighting for equality of Kusarians. (We'll leave their extremist Matriarchy stuff out, that's not good for business.) Organisations such as the GMG and IMG, would be our primary trade partners, whom exist separate to the state and have no authority within, they are 'foreign corporations', but are allowed to keep their holdings for the sake of a functioning economy. A nation that is nationalised still has to trade at the end of the day.

Ultimately, we're still a Military Rebel group, not a functioning government. While we use titles reminiscent of that of a Government, we're not one. We're not a micro-house. We're just a bunch of rebels thinking we have legitimacy and a right to overthrow what we view as a corrupt government to bring about our vision of a better Kusari.

IF our goals were realised, then the true extent of our 'alliances' would be revealed. Would we remain allied to the Chrysanthemums? No! Would we remain allies to the Coalition? Would we heck! Would we continue to work with pirates? NO! All of these are but contingencies to build up our might, to survive the numerous foes we have and to succeed in our goals
Why is everyone and their mother crying like a 2 year old for something as trivial as a name of a faction?
On the other hand. Why is everyone lashing out at this faction for daring to try something unique?
If this were an upstart blood dragon ID faction that came out of thin air by some people who want to do their own thing and not join the current official one, people would most likely be intrigued by the idea. Not everyone of course, as there would be those who would start bitching about it because they exist in the first place. They changed their name. And i don't think this will change how they operate within the game that much.
Goal of vanilla BD is overthrowing Kusari goverment. Making splinter state and war that right in civil war - one of the ways. Werdi here telling true words, but also, why just not play it? Like playing the losing of political support due fears of Kusari's politics that you become nothing more than usurpers.

Rest comments about microstates and etc is just headcanon about that "unlaws dont need organisation or politics", which pushed even in cases when its contradict to vanilla lore.
(12-18-2020, 07:16 PM)Morosz Wrote: [ -> ]Why is everyone lashing out at this faction for daring to try something unique?

I mean if they would do something unique and experimental I'd personally support it just for the sake of pushing new approaches. But minihouse#9 is nowhere near being unique. They would be more unique if did not try to be a house at this point.
(12-18-2020, 07:22 PM)Shiki Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2020, 07:16 PM)Morosz Wrote: [ -> ]Why is everyone lashing out at this faction for daring to try something unique?

I mean if they would do something unique and experimental I'd personally support it just for the sake of pushing new approaches. But minihouse#9 is nowhere near being unique. They would be more unique if did not try to be a house at this point.

(12-18-2020, 07:13 PM)Jayenbee Wrote: [ -> ]Ultimately, we're still a Military Rebel group, not a functioning government. While we use titles reminiscent of that of a Government, we're not one. We're not a micro-house. We're just a bunch of rebels thinking we have legitimacy and a right to overthrow what we view as a corrupt government to bring about our vision of a better Kusari.
My light fighter is better than these guys. Unlike them, it has a functioning government. And and its totally unbiased statistics agency can proudly confirm that the government has a 0% corruption rate!
(12-18-2020, 12:48 PM)Nerva Regis Wrote: [ -> ]Our idea was to consolidate the system over which we have influence into something that would also hold political power and try to attract more of the Kusari people to our cause.

(12-18-2020, 07:13 PM)Jayenbee Wrote: [ -> ]Ultimately, we're still a Military Rebel group, not a functioning government. While we use titles reminiscent of that of a Government, we're not one. We're not a micro-house. We're just a bunch of rebels thinking we have legitimacy and a right to overthrow what we view as a corrupt government to bring about our vision of a better Kusari.

Ah yes... We just have an idea to consolidate systems and hold political power, while we obviously do not intend to be any kind of functional government. While we change our name from one that sounds like a rebel group to the one that sounds like a political regime.
(12-18-2020, 07:46 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]My light fighter is better than these guys. Unlike them, it has a functioning government. And and its totally unbiased statistics agency can proudly confirm that the government has a 0% corruption rate!

Oh no, now even the Light Fighters are a semi-house state with laws. Has science gone too far?
Blood Dragons have been trying to overthrow the illegitimate.tm kusari government for what, 500+ years now?
Honestly if a player faction wants to try and give it a new twist, then let them.
They're not changing the NPC faction, nothing is preventing people from sticking with the original faction idea.
There have been factions that sought to take Corsairs and Outcasts in a different way, with varying measures of success. But none of them changed the original faction.

It doesn't seem like an unreasonable development for them to try a new approach after centuries of trying, especially if it's in player rp form.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28