Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: bhg core feedback (just kidding this is the old core| feedback lol!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
The Omicrons would be a lot deader, perhaps completely dead, without Core. We revived a whole sector. Before us there was almost nothing.

Of course, this doesn't entitle us to any sort of reward or leniency (although a bit more respect would be somewhat nice but I don't really care) as it's simply the duty of a faction to create activity in their ZoI. Core dragged up other factions out of near-death along with their own activity.
Limit the cap usage inside the faction. Make people RP for it. The bigger the cap, the more RP they have to do. If you already have that system, increase the standards even more.
(08-17-2015, 12:32 AM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]Limit the cap usage inside the faction. Make people RP for it. The bigger the cap, the more RP they have to do. If you already have that system, increase the standards for getting one.
I've sort of limited cap usage in the faction. I've tried to create an accessible, yet still somewhat locked system. You have to RP for your vessel and buy it with credits gained via hardmode. I do see possible rooms for improvement there however, if you have any more suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.

Otherwise though, we actually used to have a really strict structure much like the [LN], however that didn't really work in the Omicrons. The Omicrons are mostly a cap based environment, at least in the south. When Core| started we kept having horribly awkward situations whereby we'd be throwing several Mantas against 10 or so Ossies and the like.

I'd be lying if I said my faction didn't like flying it's caps though, it's certainly a really fun part of combat in the Omicrons. However, if snub group fights were more common in the Omicrons we'd jump at them as those are (at least in my opinion) really fun! Sadly other factions in the environment aren't as willing, but I don't mind.
Quote: Kudos on your core feedback post. You said what many of us have been thinking for awhile now

Just to be very clear. I was the one that wrote that to Jack. I wrote that because I was impressed that he actually tried to stand up and call you out on the fact that Core does nothing but gank. I am not one of Jacks cronies. In fact I've only spoken to him a few times in the past. But I respect someone who stands up for the nonsense that is destroying disco.

It's bad enough that the Omicrons have been taken over by you all. But indies can't even fly through there these days without getting ganked. You can try to deny it till you go hoarse Lyth but we've all seen it.

Case in point was on one of my indie Order snubs hunting for some K'Hara. Didn't find the nomad but what did I find were 3 core Fighters with me by myself in a bomber. Now everyone here knows a bomber can have trouble against even a single Fighter. But after some of your members showed me their wonderful version of RP that consisted of

"Halt order ship"
"Prepare to die scum"

All 3 started attacking right after that. Very classy gents. Were you all that afraid of a lone order bomber. But I could forgive that. We all make mistakes after all and it could have been some new members. But this was hardly the only time. I don't even bother going into the Omicrons anymore because these ganks constantly happen.

What I can't forgive and what showed me how bad this faction really is was a time when I was remains farming in 0-99. Admittedly not the best RP activity but necessary for a certain commodity. After K'Hara came in and wiped the floor with me. I notice the K'Hara log off and a Core ship log in to 0-99. Curious I headed into Iota, cloaked and sat by the jump hole.

Who do I see exiting the jump hole? That core ship. Loaded with all those remains I had gathered before I was killed.

Now it's of course possible this was just one bad egg acting alone. I also know the K'Hara leader well enough to know he would never allow such behavior. But it does make one wonder how core gets all those remains to sell.

But let's talk about you Lyth. About how you tried to bribe LN and LSF with Core tech so you could all could fly through Alaska to sell remains. Unfortunately for you some of us in LibGov were none to pleased with that and shot down that proposal very quickly. How many other factions did you try(or succeed) to bribe in a similar way?

All I see from this faction is a bunch of pvp whores. And people who bend the rules for their own gain. If you don't want people leaving negative feedback then perhaps you should consider changing your ways. You've ruined the Omicrons. How long till you ruin other areas with this behavior?
(08-17-2015, 12:53 AM)Jonas Valent Wrote: [ -> ]All I see from this faction is a bunch of pvp whores. And people who bend the rules for their own gain. If you don't want people leaving negative feedback then perhaps you should consider changing your ways. You've ruined the Omicrons. How long till you ruin other areas with this behavior?

I enjoy reading feedback threads, I learn a bit from them. And I am never tempted to post on one, but this comment bothers me, as I am one in that bunch of pvp whores who dies all the times.. and I mean ALL the times in raids and fights with others, now I am not defending anyone here, just talking for myself. Now with all this hate and stuff breaking people or actual pvp whores log with indie ships to rekt or ruin the fun we have between ourselves. And yes I am still talking for myself... I won't put names here but those people knows who I am reffering to. The only Rp enjoyment I have had is with Adam in his Order, and of course between ourselves when we have nothing to do.

So being coupled in that sentence you wrote makes me feel offended. BUT I won't join the arguments above for any reason possible, because I don't want to. So just wanted to share with you how I personally feel about that specific comment. And lyth will probably yell at me for commenting but oh well. :} cba to listen
So yeah I am letting you know, if you see Core|Shawn alone somewhere you are welcomed to gank him cause hes a pvp whore too :}

att,
a supossedly pvp whore
or |Shawn
(08-17-2015, 12:53 AM)Jonas Valent Wrote: [ -> ]Just to be very clear. I was the one that wrote that to Jack. I wrote that because I was impressed that he actually tried to stand up and call you out on the fact that Core does nothing but gank. I am not one of Jacks cronies. In fact I've only spoken to him a few times in the past. But I respect someone who stands up for the nonsense that is destroying disco.
And Jacks points were found to not be as relevant as he tried to make them sound, with the exception of the cruiser thing this morning which I apologised for if it was a mistake. Seriously, if you want to try and insinuate that Core's means of pvp is to do nothing but gank, please enlighten me by linking me screenshots of every single pvp encounter we do that shows this. And by this I don't mean every PvP encounter you are present in, but literally every single PvP encounter we have with everyone.

(08-17-2015, 12:53 AM)Jonas Valent Wrote: [ -> ]It's bad enough that the Omicrons have been taken over by you all. But indies can't even fly through there these days without getting ganked. You can try to deny it till you go hoarse Lyth but we've all seen it.
Not sure what you're on about but indies in the Omicrons seem to be in pretty high numbers. A lot more than they used to be actually. Hell the ossie made the number 14 spot of most used ships on the server last week.

(08-17-2015, 12:53 AM)Jonas Valent Wrote: [ -> ]Case in point was on one of my indie Order snubs hunting for some K'Hara. Didn't find the nomad but what did I find were 3 core Fighters with me by myself in a bomber. Now everyone here knows a bomber can have trouble against even a single Fighter. But after some of your members showed me their wonderful version of RP that consisted of

"Halt order ship"
"Prepare to die scum"

All 3 started attacking right after that. Very classy gents. Were you all that afraid of a lone order bomber. But I could forgive that. We all make mistakes after all and it could have been some new members. But this was hardly the only time. I don't even bother going into the Omicrons anymore because these ganks constantly happen.
If you could show me exact evidence of this encounter, that would be appreciated. The roleplay done during the encounter sounds of low standard which is not something I like to endorse. However in terms of the forces used against so that is certainly an oddity within my faction and is something I would like to look into myself. So if you can, send me evidence please.

(08-17-2015, 12:53 AM)Jonas Valent Wrote: [ -> ]What I can't forgive and what showed me how bad this faction really is was a time when I was remains farming in 0-99. Admittedly not the best RP activity but necessary for a certain commodity. After K'Hara came in and wiped the floor with me. I notice the K'Hara log off and a Core ship log in to 0-99. Curious I headed into Iota, cloaked and sat by the jump hole.

Who do I see exiting the jump hole? That core ship. Loaded with all those remains I had gathered before I was killed.
You do realise that, if the K'Hara ships log off and then a Core ship logs on, the remains would have disappeared? I'd imagine that Core ship had actually logged on to either stop you or shoot the Nomads but unfortunately missed out on both. Therefore, I guess the Core ship stayed for a bit to do some of their own farming.

(08-17-2015, 12:53 AM)Jonas Valent Wrote: [ -> ]Now it's of course possible this was just one bad egg acting alone. I also know the K'Hara leader well enough to know he would never allow such behavior. But it does make one wonder how core gets all those remains to sell.
We either:
A. Farm them ourselves.
B. Farm the farmers and take their remains.

There's no freaky ooRP relations between K'Hara and Core.

(08-17-2015, 12:53 AM)Jonas Valent Wrote: [ -> ]But let's talk about you Lyth. About how you tried to bribe LN and LSF with Core tech so you could all could fly through Alaska to sell remains. Unfortunately for you some of us in LibGov were none to pleased with that and shot down that proposal very quickly. How many other factions did you try(or succeed) to bribe in a similar way?
There was no bribe, in fact Lib Gov actually approached me first about the offer (of legally flying remains through lib) as a means of making the transfer of Nom stuff to Liberty easier. Since in recent years Liberty factions had their BHG tech cell dropped from 90% to 75%, I offered if they'd like to do roleplay to get the cell up. All I was really guilty of was just testing the waters to see if they'd be interested and if it'd be worthwhile to make a comm (as at the time I had a bunch of other stuff to do).

(08-17-2015, 12:53 AM)Jonas Valent Wrote: [ -> ]All I see from this faction is a bunch of pvp whores. And people who bend the rules for their own gain. If you don't want people leaving negative feedback then perhaps you should consider changing your ways. You've ruined the Omicrons. How long till you ruin other areas with this behavior?
What do people actually want me to say though lol? Honestly, it just seems like people are trying to throw me at the dogs simply because the dogs are hungry and nothing else. Hypothetically, for the sake of appeasing the whiners in this thread what would be the point? People so desperately want me to say "Oh ye Core| is such a super bad cap ganking faction we are so terrible" but what would be the point? I'd simply be telling you a lie that is not only an insult to myself, but to my faction and it's members. I could simply just lie and say that the feedback is legitimate and take it into consideration, but I don't want to lie for the sake of appeasing the critics. Of course there may be moments when there are slips ups, but for gods sake can people stop trying to force me to say that my faction policy is to cap-gank/gank in every single one of our fights? You're just making yourselves look stupid and wasting my time. The Core are an essential part of the Omicrons and without them the Omicrons would be dead. Not only did we revive the region of space itself, but through our efforts we also got the Omicron storyline back on track. People cry that we've "ruined" the Omicrons but that is simply not true. Just because you die in a pvp encounter does not mean that everything is doom and gloom and that the region is terrible. The Omicrons themselves have always been pvp-orientated (and if anything we show better pvp standards than other factions in the region or at least try to) so what goes on in them is nothing new (I'd argue that today they're less pew-intense than what they used to be). Go back about a year and a bit and you'll see a clear difference to the level of activity there was then compared to what there is now.
Lythrilux Wrote:The Omicrons would be a lot deader, perhaps completely dead, without Core. We revived a whole sector. Before us there was almost nothing.

You give yourself tooooo much credit. Don't flatter yourself. O'Rhu has been around to see the BHG Core die, stay dead and be revived 2 years later. Meanwhile, we've had interactions with AoI some time ago and K'Hara and Indies and Zoners and ....you know, groups, the almost dead others around the now 'lolicrons' as someone, again trying to be more plastic than needed, said. And we're but an 'unofficial' group.

I will not go and discuss the main subject here, because is not my thing. I know for a fact is hard to say to a member of a group to stay out just because 'fairness' . Again, 'fairness' is highly volatile term and very polarized. It wasn't 'fair' when O'Rhu had more members than the freshly resurrected Core and the latter getting outnumbered, and that filled our page with some nasty stuff. Now, mr. Lythrilux sees his faction ever growing and I know how hard it is to say to one or the other do not engage, do not fight, etc. Because of 'fairness'. Well, he is in that situation I was when O'Rhu got flaked by him and his lot on this very subject. The arguments flowd from us as well. Well, to each his own, is time for you, Lyth to see how we felt. Payback is...you know. But, is even better when it does not come from us. We stayed out and will stay out of this.

Again, I am not defending or accepting the things discussed here the past few days, I am just here to point some niche feedback that steams from the main subject and try to present also a view that seems nobody takes into account.

P.S. : And you, mister 'lolicron' , this area here, is not what you think to be....enough RP is based from this area. Not only pews and ganks.
As someone who doesn't fly in the Omicrons very often at all, I thought I'd chime in and offer an impartial view of what is being said in this thread.

Many people are saying "Hey , your faction is capspamganking us." Well take a look at their shipline for a minute. It literally has 5 ships in that classification. 2 Gunboats, a Dessie, a bigger Dessie, and the Mako. It is therefore no wonder players are seeing large amounts of those ships, the players of course want to fly powerful ships and they have a right to do that. Smaller ships can usually avoid a larger ship, ergo, smaller ship either made an error, wanted to fight despite the odds (maybe just so it could have a whinge about it afterwards), or was ambushed by cloak.

For , granted, your faction has made alot of activity happen out there, but you can't take the credit for all of it. It doesn't do much for your image making a claim like that.

The main problem with ALL of these feedback threads is that you only get negative feedback. Here's why - Good feedback for encounters is placed in the KUDOS thread. Which is why you get nothing in these threads for nice stuff, you only get the bad/messy/despicable comments because no one wants to stroke your ego twice. If you balanced those Kudos posts against these horrible threads, it would work out via ratio.

That's all from the cheap seats, let the bottle-throwing continue.
(08-17-2015, 12:53 AM)Jonas Valent Wrote: [ -> ]Just to be very clear. I was the one that wrote that to Jack. I wrote that because I was impressed that he actually tried to stand up and call you out on the fact that Core does nothing but gank. I am not one of Jacks cronies. In fact I've only spoken to him a few times in the past. But I respect someone who stands up for the nonsense that is destroying disco.

Well, many people have been victims of merciless ganks from IMG| when Tau 23 used to be active. I see no one standing upto that, because those people didn't whine about that at every possible instance. So cut the "He stands up against blah blah" crap. I, for one, am amused to see certain people here complaining about ganks when they are pretty sure that they share a part in that too. Apart from that, well, bringing caps into snub fights is a wee wee move, and there were arguments within the Core chat when I was in that faction. Not sure why that problem hasn't been addressed yet.

Good luck on turning around this mess, I suppose.
(08-17-2015, 12:32 AM)Antonio Wrote: [ -> ]Limit the cap usage inside the faction.

This shouldn't be done, my friend. Core is all about caps actually. Old BHG members have made Core to fly caps somewhere, as they couldn't do it in house space. That's why Core exists and is placed in the galaxy far far away - Omicrons. Other Omicroners can use more territory for their ZoIs, but Core's original job always was to provide caps activity to Omicrons. And it was very good idea, I had many funny hours in Omicrons thanks to that, no matter of side I was flying on. And we didn't log fighters that time to jump in caps fight and then QQ how it wasn't fair. Fighters couldn't hurt caps that time (mostly) and caps couldn't hurt fighters (unless they want to be hurt).

Additionally, old Core members were BHG snub pilots with caps in Core. They knew how to use them w/o spoiling anyone's fun. And then caps changed. They were given TS/Zoom auto-aim and players that couldn't aim with snubs started to use caps. They will join any faction that does NOT limit caps usage. And they stay in Disco, instead of ragequit.

Only problem I see here is that many factions limit caps usage and must depend of stupid indies when Core raids. And there are no enough of those indies, as they all already joined Core. And they are having awesome fun when they see you hardcore fighter users coming in range of their auto-aimed solaris turrets. After the battle they log on forum and wait for your rivers of tears. So, please come back to your minds. I'll give you a small example.

A good friend of mine and maybe best fighter pilot we have atm solved it very simply: he razors Core (and others) with his indie BS like a boss, doing a thing we all should do. He's generally having tons of fun in every Disco situation and never QQ. That's only true definition of intelligence, imho.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27