Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: bhg core feedback (just kidding this is the old core| feedback lol!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
(08-18-2015, 01:57 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Omicron have always leaned towards a more player verses player orientated environment. Whilst I have tried to shift Core| to other less pvp-orientated actives, the Edge Worlds don't really offer that on a silver plate. Roleplay interactions do happen often in places like Delta however. With some dev-side changes that will hopefully come in the future, Core| and other factions should hopefully get the chance to expand their activities (i.e better trade routes so that there can actually be some traders in the Omicrons for people to interact with).

But yes, Core likes it's PvP. PvP is part of the roleplay environment however, that is something you should not forget.

Devs with all their wisdom, and knowledge can only encourage RP activity. It's the players that do the main job. Whether or not to prioritize RP over pure pvp, its in their hands. In your own case, its up to you, and your faction, and no one else. So saying that nomicrons are a pvp oriented region to justify the behavior of your faction, is null.

(08-17-2015, 12:29 AM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]The Omicrons would be a lot deader, perhaps completely dead, without Core. We revived a whole sector. Before us there was almost nothing.

You assume too much.

Now, I can see some serious RP from a couple of core members, but that's as far as it goes.
I was in a couple of cool fights with core in the last two days, kudos for that btw. (See the irony here, I'd very much like to kudos RP, and not blues, but yeh I suppose you wouldn't understand this).

I don't log that much nowadays, but in the past, I must've encountered core a couple hundred times, and only a few of them were pleasant. It's not just the approach your faction has on prioritizing pvp, but also your pvp habits, and to be frank they are nowhere near being any pleasant. And I'm not talking about balance here, your members some times tend to do arguably ridiculous things, Yber mentioned some of them.

With regards to balance, I being at the other side, do have a feel that you are trying to balance things some times, but most of the time it turns out badly for whatever reasons. Be it a gank or whatever, the other side usually gets out of it unhappy, and often this reaches such high levels that it would seem core is all about pvp dominance, and nothing else. Well, is it? So far I haven't seen any considerable efforts to prove this otherwise.

Also as Axis pointed out, do not give yourself so much credit over EW activity. I'd say you also gave your fair share on killing activity. You can see its not just me in that boat, we are a lot of people that disagree with how this faction behaves in the disco world, and your attitude does not help the situation to settle down neither. You receive certain negative feedback (not counting the rants), you partly counter it, but all in all, you say nothing's wrong on your part, and everything is pinky pink.
(08-18-2015, 04:17 AM)Bloxin Wrote: [ -> ]Devs with all their wisdom, and knowledge can only encourage RP activity. It's the players that do the main job. Whether or not to prioritize RP over pure pvp, its in their hands. In your own case, its up to you, and your faction, and no one else. So saying that nomicrons are a pvp oriented region to justify the behavior of your faction, is null.
The Omicrons are made up of predominantly PvP orientated (NPC) factions, as their goals do revolve around player verses player interactions. The only exception to this is Zoners, who's goals do not revolve around player verses player interactions.

(08-18-2015, 04:17 AM)Bloxin Wrote: [ -> ]but also your pvp habits, and to be frank they are nowhere near being any pleasant. And I'm not talking about balance here, your members some times tend to do arguably ridiculous things, Yber mentioned some of them.
However Ybers points were not truthful as not only do some of them sound blatantly ridiculous, but he also left out the full context of each situation. Everything has context. The rare moments when Core does do something uncanny usually has context behind it to justify it. That does not mean we are flawless however, as genuine slip ups can happen now and again.

(08-18-2015, 04:17 AM)Bloxin Wrote: [ -> ]core is all about pvp dominance, and nothing else. Well, is it? So far I haven't seen any considerable efforts to prove this otherwise.
Not really? Believe it or not we do lose some of our fights too. What is your basis for making such a statement?

(08-18-2015, 04:17 AM)Bloxin Wrote: [ -> ]Also as Axis pointed out, do not give yourself so much credit over EW activity. I'd say you also gave your fair share on killing activity. You can see its not just me in that boat, we are a lot of people that disagree with how this faction behaves in the disco world, and your attitude does not help the situation to settle down neither.
There is a clear difference of activity for when before Core arrived and now. The EW are much more active now than they once were, with Omicron Delta making it into the top 20 active systems list now and again. A year and a bit ago such things would be unimaginable. Core certainly did it's part, and at the least it was a spark which triggered the rise in activity of other factions in the region.

(08-18-2015, 04:17 AM)Bloxin Wrote: [ -> ]You receive certain negative feedback (not counting the rants), you partly counter it, but all in all, you say nothing's wrong on your part, and everything is pinky pink.
I am fine admitting to and correcting slip ups when sufficient evidence is provided of people making these sorts of claims (in the event that I do not know of the encounter myself), but not when people speak blasphemous claims that my faction policy is to uphold low PvP etiquette whenever possible, when furthermore those same people simply speak of actions they do themselves. The recent pages of this thread are filled with a lot of salt posts from members of the community which lack legitimate/constructive feedback. However there are some that are constructive and aren't just s-a-l-t, and I do appreciate that.
Quote:The recent pages of this thread are filled with a lot of pineapple posts from members of the community which lack legitimate/constructive feedback.

Get real! Seriously....get real! That is all.
Uh... ok?
Small notice:
So I wrote all our new lore and fleshed out all the background RP over the past two months. All the threads and posts containing such lore and rp have been nuked due to the rollback.
Fortunately, I was able to back up 95% of it (only a few minor things were lost but all the relevant stuff has been recovered) and it will be posted on the forums again soon. However rebuilding those threads and posts will be time consuming and due to IRL I have become more busy recently. So don't expect everything to be back until at least Christmas. It'll be my gift to all you lovely people.

Otherwise, completely disregard the lore/history written on the current Core information page (and on the wiki). If you can remember what I had written before the rollback then that's great because that is the lore that is canon. Otherwise, stating again one more time, the stuff that is written on the Core information page right now is not canon and is to be disregarded. Feedback regarding lore should be withheld until the lore is back on the forums.
(11-10-2015, 11:59 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Fortunately, I was able to back up 95% of it (only a few minor things were lost but all the relevant stuff has been recovered)

You're Welcome
Core raids a system they shouldn't really know about, and gives minimal RP and kills all.

Their excuse?

It's just a raid bro.
Hey, I wasnt directly involved in the fight but I was just wondering if Core actually has inrp knowledge of Kyoto? Just now multiple Core ships flew all the way to Chugoku through Okinawa and Tohoku before heading directly to the station. Shortly after arriving they dropped fairly short engagement notices and began fighting. This is kind of weird for a relatively closed off system near a /very/ well hidden base.
No system is 100% inaccessible. Highly defended, certainly. Impenetrable? Unlikely, however the attackers would certainly end up exploding. The battle ended up with us all dying, as it would naturally.
Not me and Jayce : )
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27