Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: bhg core feedback (just kidding this is the old core| feedback lol!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Gytrash

So I've seen a lot of people in this thread posting about how a heap of your plans are completely silly and you just responding with "Big planz m80"

My question to you is this, how the hell can you justify the fact that this is pretty much there as an excuse to pew bases with people that wouldn't log on otherwise? Not only that but despite all your grand words the only installations that you have bothered to send out messages to saying "Gief our protection money pl0x" are Zoner ones, which is completely hilarious to me.
Lyth, are you running Core as a completely new entity, or as an evolution from the old BHG|Core and all their aims and ideals?
Got a practicality and roleplay based question here:

i am interested in your explanation or interpretation on how a faction plans to reasonably in-RP fight a War against the Order, while battling numerous pirate factions.. ..but still also expect to be able to maintain enough Military power to control traffic, trade, and the affairs of other entities in the area (specifically Zoner obviously due to their large dispersion)?

I ask this because when Liberty, Rheinland, and other Houses [with entire systems of planets, factories, people, resources] have gone to war, they have had to also roleplaye the crippling costs and it disables them from pursuing other enemies. It results in consequences to accurately simulate the tolls of war, such as having to destroy jumpgates (Rheinland, Bretonia) or losing control of systems within their original ZOI.

I'd like to understand better how you would intend to roleplay the counterbalance, ie. the cost of doing such extensive business and spreading yourself so thin.. considering you are taking a very aggressive, militaristic approach over a large zone, and attempting to enforce that against well-equipped opponents.
Not that this is wrong as a strategy, its just a very ballsy and bloody strategy, and should affect ye likewise.

So to be concise: Do you have plans within the ideas yer working on, to give anything in exchange for the efforts to take so very much? As basically every other House/faction etc has had to do this to remain a realistic roleplay, instead of becoming a 'super-house' capable of destruction beyond their resources.

Respectfully,
-Aces

Edit:
(02-12-2015, 07:46 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]It's megalomaniac RP. Saronsen pretty much summed it up really.
This is a good building point, my question would then be, does the first POB or Faction that refuses to yield to the Core suddenly see an entire Capship Fleet storming its beaches? Or do they rather awake to an angry Core, that despite its hostile stance, can only muster a few harassing ships to attack a base/system/station and focuses more instead on disrupting said faction's activities [trade and such]?

This would be the difference in megalomaniac RP (heya James Brown ^^) and a trolling RP, because i think what folks expect here is that the first people to say "No" are gonna wake up to Core Battleships and a lolfleet in their home.
If you truly intend to "talk big but carry a reasonable stick" it would be quite enjoyable, but usually its the opposite on Disco.
How quaint! The Core claims the Omegas and Omicrons when the Zoner home world, cold as it is, still is in Omega 49. I wish Zelot was around and playing. He would have a ball with this.
(02-12-2015, 08:11 PM)Loki557 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:THIS

PEOPLE, these systems have not suddenly found themselves with 9999999999 million Core NPCs and Core bases overnight. Just because we say we own these systems or whatever doesn't mean we actually do. We have influence in there, enough to try to enforce our laws. Since the list spans across so many systems however, by no means can we actually enforce our law consistently throughout all these systems consistently. It's megalomaniac RP. Saronsen pretty much summed it up really.

I kinda get where you are coming from but at the same time I just want to point out it will have to be handled well ingame. If Core starts getting some more active members it would be easy to start magically acting like you have this huge force when the RP you are trying to do would honestly end up with the Core losing money power or at the very least end with your force being spread incredibly thin. I guess I just wouldn't want to see Core constantly logging with huge cap fleets everywhere in their territory every time they log on in a group.

Also, I am not saying this will happen I am just saying it is a possibility that I personally don't want to see happen. Lastly, yes I am in OSI who is being affected but I don't have much to do with Nichols other than supplying builds nor am I in a HC position so this isn't really about me QQing over people taxing Nichols.
If Core gets more active members and gets more of a 'hold', to say the least, then it's ENTIRELY up to the devs as to if they'll let me upgrade the influence of the faction within the Omicrons and Omegas. In regards to POBs, I really don't want to end up blowing up POBs, I just want logical RP conclusions that generally results in people being happy on all sides. There's a reason why the initial base tax is low for OSI and Star after all.

(02-12-2015, 08:59 PM)Gytrash Wrote: [ -> ]So I've seen a lot of people in this thread posting about how a heap of your plans are completely silly and you just responding with "Big planz m80"
Not my fault I have to wait for the devs. I'll do what I can for now to proceed with The Core RP.

(02-12-2015, 08:59 PM)Gytrash Wrote: [ -> ]My question to you is this, how the hell can you justify the fact that this is pretty much there as an excuse to pew bases with people that wouldn't log on otherwise? Not only that but despite all your grand words the only installations that you have bothered to send out messages to saying "Gief our protection money pl0x" are Zoner ones, which is completely hilarious to me.
Firstly my goal isn't to pew bases. I've already said I'm not a fan of destroying bases. Secondly, those installations are the only ones that either A. responded to the transmission I sent out or B. I've come across myself. There's an order base we know of but we'll probably try to siege that soon.

(02-12-2015, 09:16 PM)Stoat Wrote: [ -> ]Lyth, are you running Core as a completely new entity, or as an evolution from the old BHG|Core and all their aims and ideals?
Evolution I'd say, whilst not being connected to BHG|.

(02-12-2015, 09:29 PM)AceofSpades Wrote: [ -> ]Got a practicality and roleplay based question here:

i am interested in your explanation or interpretation on how a faction plans to reasonably in-RP fight a War against the Order, while battling numerous pirate factions.. ..but still also expect to be able to maintain enough Military power to control traffic, trade, and the affairs of other entities in the area (specifically Zoner obviously due to their large dispersion)?
That's all part of the RP. Of course, physically their presence across the Omicrons and Omegas isn't as massive as they may try to desperately make out, so right now their resources won't be too stretched. Of course, later down the line, unless they find legitimate ways to help sustain themselves beyond basic funding The Core will take penalties. Probably in a few months or so I'll evolve it (or devolve it?) a bit more.

I'll assume that after your edit my previous post answered your other queries.

(02-12-2015, 09:29 PM)AceofSpades Wrote: [ -> ]Edit:
(02-12-2015, 07:46 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]It's megalomaniac RP. Saronsen pretty much summed it up really.
This is a good building point, but my response would then be, does the first POB or Faction that refuses to yield to the Core suddenly see an entire Capship Fleet storming its beaches? Or do they rather awake to an angry Core, that despite its hostile stance, can only muster a few harassing ships to attack a base/system/station and focuses more instead on disrupting said faction's activities [trade and such]?
For now I want to refrain from blowing any bases up. The first faction to yield however will have to be dealt with as appropriate by The Core RP though I guess.

(02-12-2015, 09:29 PM)AceofSpades Wrote: [ -> ]This would be the difference in megalomaniac RP (heya James Brown ^^) and a trolling RP, because i think what folks expect here is that the first people to say "No" are gonna wake up to Core Battleships and a lolfleet in their home.
If you truly intend to "talk big but carry a reasonable stick" it would be quite enjoyable, but usually its the opposite on Disco.
I'll try my best to RP the character and the faction, instead of bringing RP that could be seen as borderline trolly.

(02-12-2015, 09:39 PM)Doc Holliday Wrote: [ -> ]How quaint! The Core claims the Omegas and Omicrons when the Zoner home world, cold as it is, still is in Omega 49. I wish Zelot was around and playing. He would have a ball with this.
We haven't claimed Omega-49, just that our laws have jurisdiction in there for the sake of helping to protect the Zoners (as well as possibly futhering The Core's interests).
(02-12-2015, 09:51 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2015, 09:16 PM)Stoat Wrote: [ -> ]Lyth, are you running Core as a completely new entity, or as an evolution from the old BHG|Core and all their aims and ideals?

Then you've got all of the BHG|Core back history to draw upon as well, not just the Core documents you've put together. That's 5 years worth of RP goals, methods and interactions to back up your ideas where necessary
(02-12-2015, 10:59 PM)Stoat Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2015, 09:51 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]

Then you've got all of the BHG|Core back history to draw upon as well, not just the Core documents you've put together. That's 5 years worth of RP goals, methods and interactions to back up your ideas where necessary
Already got it linked on the information doc Big Grin
Well... if you want my opinion, I don't question the RP claim of omicrons/omegas. I mean everybody could claim it.

What I find pretty unrealistic is that the Core would really enforce their laws in all of these systems. Considering the high number of enemies the Core have, a very strong economic power and a high demographic rate would be needed to supply the war effort and overcome the war casualties. Now the questions are : (1) do you seriously consider the Core has the power to rule the omicrons/omegas? and more important (2) will the disco devs endorse such story?

Actually, this situation makes me think (in some way) to those subhumans claiming ISIS in Syria/Irak. I don't expect they will survive more than a decade due to the lack of resources.

I think there is often a confusion between the number of players in a faction and the power of that faction in Sirius. In a consistent RPG background these two concepts are independent. In other words, it's not because a lot of Core players would be flying in the omegas/omicrons that the Core should be able rule the place (and it should true for every faction).

Nevertheless, it's just my opinion and I don't expect the majority of the disco community will share it.
I apologize I shoulda put this in this thread earlier when we were chatting on Skype. Sabru brought this point up too. I'll put this quote in now.

[1:32:00 PM] Felix Larouche (ProwlerPC): You know what?
[1:32:00 PM] Felix Larouche (ProwlerPC): screw it
[1:32:18 PM] Felix Larouche (ProwlerPC): attention grabbing has been our ally many times
[1:32:56 PM] Felix Larouche (ProwlerPC): this might very well be the actual way Lythrilux will get Core written in as their own independent faction
[1:33:09 PM] Felix Larouche (ProwlerPC): it's got us all talking about them
[1:33:57 PM] Felix Larouche (ProwlerPC): "always reach for the stars, you may not be able to grab them but you will get a good stretch and if you are lucky, a low hanging apple as well"

Just be ok with the outcome not completely meeting the boasts.
(02-13-2015, 01:09 AM)moebus Wrote: [ -> ]What I find pretty unrealistic is that the Core would really enforce their laws in all of these systems. Considering the high number of enemies the Core have, a very strong economic power and a high demographic rate would be needed to supply the war effort and overcome the war casualties. Now the questions are : (1) do you seriously consider the Core has the power to rule the omicrons/omegas? and more important (2) will the disco devs endorse such story?
Already answered this Q.Q But I'll respond anyway.
1) Right now? Definitely not. They can boast as much as they like however.
2) Dunno. Bases and influence are already shifting for next update, so I guess some, but not all, parts of the 'story' could be endorsed (it'd be boring if they gained full control, right?).

(02-13-2015, 01:09 AM)moebus Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is often a confusion between the number of players in a faction and the power of that faction in Sirius. In a consistent RPG background these two concepts are independent. In other words, it's not because a lot of Core players would be flying in the omegas/omicrons that the Core should be able rule the place (and it should true for every faction).
Exactly, what we say isn't always 100% equivalent to in game stuff. Some people don't seem to get this however.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27