A collection of systems forming a loose ring around the house systems. Border Worlds are located roughly between the house systems and Edge Worlds. They include part of the Omega, Sigma, and Tau systems along with several more remote 'named' systems. Border Worlds often have corporate bases extracting resources and can become the focus of territorial disputes between various factions. While not as dangerous as the Edge Worlds, most Border Worlds still hold considerable risk in the form of pirates, but there also some more or less lawful faction like the IMG, GMG or the Crayter Republic.
Border Worlds as an adjective describes the ship lines and weapons that are made to meet and exceed the requirements to survive the harsh conditions outside of civilised House space. The ships and weapons are usually made by various unlawful factions (like the Bundschuh) operating in these systems but are also used by civilians. Even though they are associated with unlawful groups, some mercenaries and freelancers prefer to utilise this technology in lawful space.
See Border World Ships.
Border World Systems
- Omegas: Omega-3, Omega-5, Omega-7, Omega-9, Omega-11, Omega-49, Omega-54 and Omega-55.
- Sigmas: Sigma-13, Sigma-15 Sigma-17, Sigma-19, Sigma-21 and Sigma-59
- Taus: Tau-23, Tau-29, Roussillon, Tau-31 and Tau-44.
- Gallic Border Worlds: Auvergne, Champagne, Baffin, Languedoc, Lorraine, Lyonnais and Provence
- Other Rishiri, Okinawa and Cayman