Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [LN] Liberty Navy First Fleet Recruitment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Liberty Navy - NORR-822-OCSA

[color=#FFFFFF] Opening Liberty Navy comms: Recruitment section

[font=Open Sans][color=#FFFFFF] Incoming transmission!

[font=Open Sans][color=#FFFFFF] Scanning....

[font=Open Sans][color=#FFFFFF] Scanning....

[font=Open Sans][color=#FFFFFF] No malware detected!

[font=Open Sans][color=#FFFFFF] Message:

[font=Open Sans]Name: Freeman, Kerry Stephen
Date of Birth: 2/17/803 A.S.
Place of Birth: Planet Manhattan
Sex: Gender: Male
Height (cm): 165.09999999999997 cm.
Weight (kg): 63.5029kg
Relatives: Notable relatives include family members who have served since the ancient Earth society known as America first fought for independence.
Previous Work Experience: I have been on or around working military flight equipment since I started elementary school. I had odd jobs working with mechanics, pilots, and everything in between.
Previous Military Service: None.

Biographical Segment: My childhood was abnormally dominated by warships, fighters, bombers, and all sorts of military hardware. From laser weapons to bombs, heavy artillery to point-defense systems, I knew every inch of them by the time I was ten.

The military was, and is, all that I know. My dream was to climb the ranks and eventually, command the awesome yet feared battleships; or maybe even a carrier.

My father, Draconus "The Dragon" Freeman, was a famed Liberty Navy Admiral during the Nomad War, and his hard-charging yet likable and inspirational attitude was passed down to me, as was his command style. I simply made it my own.

My way of command, as refined and practiced with my father, grandfather, and even some aunts and uncles since childhood, will bring our boys home every time. The ship may be torn half to shreds, but she'll make it home with all hands accounted for.

Also, as a famed man once said, "Give me Liberty or give me death!" and by God that's what I intend to do, for everyone in our space.
And if our enemies dare try and take that liberty, they’re gonna be in for a very, very rude awakening, fresh from our cannons!

So Don’t Tread On Me… or my crew.

OORP Part
Your experience in Discovery: So far, I've only played vanilla Freelancer, and even then it was very little.
Are you familiar with the Laws of Liberty and the Discovery RP 24/7 Server Rules?: I am indeed familiar with the rules and laws of the land.
Respectively, rate your RP and PvP skills on a scale to 10: My skills in RP are about a five, whereas my skills in PvP are a miserable zero.
SKYP-3 Communication Details: Unfortunately; I do not have a SKYPE address, nor do I have a mic at this current time.
Timezone: My current time zone is US Central.
****INCOMING TRANSMISSION****

[Image: d393D5U.png]

COMM ID: ADM REASER, Natalie A.
TARGET ID: Applicant; FREEMAN, Kerry
ENCRYPTION: Medium
PRIORITY: Medium

Kerry Freeman;

Your application to the First Fleet has been reviewed and deemed Denied. While your enthusiasm to fight for Liberty is admirable, the selection board finds you unfit for service at the current time. On another note, I don't know how a 6 months old who was born in this year, 825, would be able to serve in the Navy.

Thank you.

Signing out,
Admiral Natalie A. Reaser.
CO Nevada Battlegroup & Papa Squadron.
Liberty Navy, First Fleet

[Image: P9AnuNd.png]

Important: This communication remains the property of the Liberty Defense Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

****TRANSMISSION TERMINATED****
(08-15-2017, 11:14 PM)Ghostazarashi Wrote: [ -> ]

TARGET ID: Applicant; FREEMAN, Kerry

Kerry Freeman;

Your application to the First Fleet has been reviewed and deemed Denied. While your enthusiasm to fight for Liberty is admirable, the selection board finds you unfit for service at the current time. On another note, I don't know how a 6 months old who was born in this year, 825, would be able to serve in the Navy.

Thank you.

Signing out,

Important: This communication remains the property of the Liberty Defense Forces and is subject to the jurisdiction of the Neural Net Communications Act 807A.S, Section 30. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the communication.

((Yeah; that was a typo. My full apologies; it has been fixed.))

Name: John Hemmingway
Date of Birth: 01/04/800
Place of Birth: Planet Manhatten
Sex: Male
Height (cm): 178cm
Weight (kg): 90Kg
Relatives: Parents and 2 sisters
Previous Work Experience: Helping 2nd fleet operations in and around Liberty.
Previous Military Service: I currently assist with patrols and tackling pirates in and around Liberty's borders.

Biographical Segment: Growing up on Manhatten, my sisters and myself had a good childhood, filled with the occasional bumping into various figures of authority over the years who influenced our studies in many ways. All of us came out with good grades from school. We’ve had the chance to talk with many Navy pilots as well, who have said that they saw potential in us being in the military some day when we grew up. My sisters have decided to pursue their own career path in teaching themselves.

I have opted to pursue a military career myself and applied to become a Navy cadet. Shortly afterwards, I started my path towards finishing basic training and simulator training, and receiving top grades going through West Point. They recommended to me that I apply to the 1st fleet. I have been flying now for about a year, assisting those in need and assisting where I can to ensure that the skies are kept clear of pirates and smugglers alike. I meet up with the 2nd fleet to assist as and when required.

OORP Part
Your experience in Discovery: How long have you been around? Have you ever been sanctioned? Tell us -shortly- about your experience.
Been around GC for a while, and served as a part of the old UK official LN faction, serving as fleet admiral prior to the old UK server shutdown.

Are you familiar with the Laws of Liberty and the Discovery RP 24/7 Server Rules?: Yes
Respectively, rate your RP and PvP skills on a scale to 10: RP: 7 PvP: 6
SKYP-3 Communication Details: Your Skype address.
lreford@hotmail.com
Timezone: The timezone you currently inhabit, preferably listed in +/- GMT. Ex: -5 GMT.

GMT+0

TARGET ID: Applicant; HEMMINGWAY, John

John Hemmingway;

Your application to the First Fleet has been processed and Accepted. Present yourself at West Point Academy in New York by 0800 hours for the officer selection board to conclude your enlistment and assign you to a training facility.

Thank you.

Signing out,

Name: Jack Edison
Date of Birth: 28.03.800 A.S
Place of Birth: Planet Manhattan (Liberty)
Height (cm): 177 cm
Weight (kg): 88 kg
Relatives: Mother and Father (Amanda Edison, Lucas Edison)
Previous Work Experience: Military Course on planet Erie, freelancing.
Previous Military Service: Currently a Seconadary Fleet cadet that flys around.

Biographical Segment: Well.. Where should I start..? I was born on Manhattan in 800 A.S, my mother and my father were a liberty navy pilots. I didn't have good childhood, I was bullied very often, it was normal thing.. in my school.. Lets.. Let's just move on, those memories really hurt for me. After I ended my "Hell school", I Choice to take on military course on Planet Erie like my father did in his young age, combat and basic piloting, stuff like that. It was hard time for me but I got through, how I remember, the flight simulation was fun in that Military Course.

After I completed all exams in that Military Course, I choice to be a freelancer, I did some jobs around from Liberty Navy, after week of getting bored as a Freelancer, I applied to become a Navy cadet in secondary fleet, they tested me on West Point Academy with their flight simulation, stuff that has been on Military Course, they said that I have good skills, they pointed me to join First Fleet, but I refused to apply. After 3 months, of patrolling, fighting unlawful ships, and getting some really bad bruisers from Royal Navy, I finally decided to join the First Fleet, so.. Here I am, and I hope that you will accept me in to your ranks.

OORP Part
Your experience in Discovery: Well, what can I say.. I am on Discovery 4 months now, I been sanctioned once then I was a newbie.
Are you familiar with the Laws of Liberty and the Discovery RP 24/7 Server Rules?: Yes
Respectively, rate your RP and PvP skills on a scale to 10: RP: 6-10 PvP: 6-10
SKYP-3 Communication Details:
Timezone: GMT +1

Name
Alexander Tanathyn (Jr.)
Date of Birth
04.23.801 A.S.
Place of Birth
Cambridge System, Planet Cambridge, House Bretonia
Sex
Male
Height (cm)
170cm
Weight (kg)
85kg
Relatives
Alexandar Tanathyn (Sr.) (Father // 778 A.S. - 820 A.S.)
Meredith Louise Tanathyn (Mother // 781 A.S. - Present)
Ronley Abbey (Uncle // 778 A.S. - Present)

Previous Work Experience
Major in Mechanical Engineering; Sir Pembroke's College - Graduated 819 A.S.
Ronley Abbey's Ship Repair/Re-Sale - 02.12.820 A.S. - 06.25.820 A.S.
Previous Military Service
Bretonia Armed Forces
Stationed - HMS Downley // BAF1192DWNLY // Third Fleet, Sixth Battle Group
LT. Tanathyn A. Jr, Third BAF Detachment, Patrol Wing Epsilon // "Rattlers" Squadron // Epsilon 4 - 821 A.S. - 822 A.S.

Distinguished Service Cross - 5.12.821 A.S.
Good Conduct Award - 12.16.821 A.S.
Courageous Action Medal - 9.22.822 A.S.

Honorable Discharge from Active Service - 1.22.823 A.S.

Biographical Segment: I was native-born a Bretonian citizen, in the Cambridge system, calling the planet of the same name my home since I could first start understanding the concept. My father was a career officer, the name Tanathyn apparently going back as far as the Buccaneer War, and so on those long weeks in-between visits it would just be me and my mum. He took care of us, that much I could accredit to his loyalty to the family name, that the money he made was enough to get me through school. I'm no genius, I just worked hard and did my work like any poor, middle-class john. And it paid off. I got into a fancy college and, if I'm honest, I didn't see the appeal in it but my mum were bawling like a river Edame so I toughed it out for her. I majored in something I didn't have too much interest in but, again, I toughed it out for convenience's sake. Graduated. 3.0. Degree in Mechanical Engineering. What did I do?

I went to work at my uncle's chop shop. Taking apart de-commissioned Paladin's, Starflier's, Hussar's, and even got to work once on one of those antique Serenity-classes. It wasn't exactly fulfilling work but it paid and I didn't have to work too hard all things considered. Uncle Ron was family and, cause we were family, I worked hard for him. It took what was going on in Leeds, just a jump-gate and a half away, for me to start paying attention to what was going on in my home house. An invasion force. I didn't care about the Kusarians butting their heads in or the Rheinlanders or Libertonians until Leeds. What was left of the 7th Fleet, and my father, God rest his stubborn little soul, came in over the neural net like a wave of reality. He went down with his commanding officer, a pile of scrap and residue in zero-g. Suffice to say that after this I signed up alongside the rest of the suddenly patriotic Cambridgeshire populace. I kicked off my civilian shoes because I wasn't going to sit in the shop and twiddle my thumbs.

I did it to protect my family and by extension it included the whole of House Bretonia. Eight weeks later I'm going through basic combat training, military tactics and strategy, physical, mental, and emotional conditioning. That wasn't too bad though the worst of all is I got stuck with a whole barracks filled with two-dozen pumped up guys that didn't know what Queen and State meant if it bit them in their heinies. The rest rushed by like a blur and by the time I knew what was going on, I had earned my wings and was immediately assigned to the HMS Downley, as beautiful as she was ugly. I don't really wanna talk too much about my time in the BAF but it was about as exciting as you'd expect of daily sorties and patrols, always watching and waiting for the next Gallic attack. Border control, they called it, and I did a fine job enforcing the Queen's law.

I spent a year with the Downley and when time came to renew my term of service to the Queen I didn't. I took the pay they gave me, the pay I saved up, and left Bretonia. With my mother's blessings and, because I spouted so much about family, fact of the matter is I would have taken her with me to Liberty weren't it not for the fact she wanted to stay. Booked me a first-class flight to Planet Manhatten, got myself a crappy flat, and enjoyed my time in the relative peace that was the House of Liberty. Even got myself a proper, legalized citizenship during my time here. Now it's like a god damn curse or something because apparently I can't stay in a home for long without something threatening to take it down.

I've signed up, here and now, to try and make another difference because I'm certain the Navy's gonna want the manpower all things considered with all the attacks in Liberty space these past several weeks.

OORP Part
Your experience in Discovery: I was around mid 2014, spent half a year, left beginning of 2015. Different account back then. I came back late 2016, left 2017. I take breaks in-between so my experience of Disco doesn't get ruined, too much of a good thing is bad after all. I've been independent's a lot so it's good to maybe finally have the opportunity to roll with a proper faction. I have also never been sanctioned because I've never gotten involved with the forum politics and background drama nor have I ever broken character in-game to pursue an agenda besides good old role-play.
Respectively, rate your RP and PvP skills on a scale to 10: RP: 10 PvP: 5
SKYP-3 Communication Details: uruto_blue@live.com
Timezone: GMT -5

[Image: vvn3Lbv.png]

TARGET ID: Applicants

Jack Edison; Alexander Tanathyn Jr.

Your application to the First Fleet has been processed and Accepted. Head over to the officer selection office at West Point Academy in New York by 1000 hours to conclude your enlistment papers.

Good luck.

Signing out,

Name: Willian Luis.
Date of Birth: 05/18/796
Place of Birth: Planet Erie, Pennsylvania, Liberty.
Sex: Male.
Height (cm): 175 CM.
Weight (kg): 71 KG.
Relatives: Karl Luis (father), Lara Johnson (mother)
Previous Work Experience: Shuttle-bus pilot (2 years).
Previous Military Service: None.

Biographical Segment: Not much to say. Parents arrived on Erie in '71 and moved from Zoner into Liberty in '82 to avoid the probable conflict. They tried hard so I could get Libertonian nationality. Born in '96, that makes me member of the third generation of children of Erie, a sturdy one, as we were to live two wars. I see myself as a go-getter. As a foreign, I always had to nudge up the pace to be at par with my colleagues. Studied until I could not afford it. Went from a job to another until I could not afford that either. The urge to settle a career was real. By the meantime, when president Powell declared war on Rheinland, I wanted to be part of it. I applied every years since. Denied from being Cadet for overwhelming lack of experience, I got a civilian public transport license and trained on flight simulator in spare-time. Made a couple friends in the same situation as I, met at the simulator. That turned out to help us, challenging eachother, sharing experience and so on. Now that the war is over, I guess timing is good to have new recruits and spend more time on them.

OORP Part
Your experience in Discovery: 2 Years.
Are you familiar with the Laws of Liberty and the Discovery RP 24/7 Server Rules?: Yes.
Respectively, rate your RP and PvP skills on a scale to 10: RP: 8-10 PvP: 4-10
SKYP-3 Communication Details: Ahmed_Fawzy185
Timezone: UTC+2

Once the application has been received, verified, and accepted, you will be assign

Name: Virgil Samms Your legal name, as it appears on Liberty citizenship, visa, or passport documents.
Date of Birth: 11/23/775
Place of Birth: Planet Manhatten
Height (cm): 190.5 centimeters.
Weight (kg): 91 kilograms.
Relatives: No
Previous Work Experience: As a youngster did many of the easy to get gopher jobs that you can find in such a capitalistic society.
Entered University of Manhattan, graduated with Political science degree. Entered the wide world of commerce with one of the supply firms for Universal Shipping eventually moving up to Head of Procurement - Logistic Depot.

Previous Military Service: LPI, Sargeant Rank. https://discoverygc.com/forums/member.ph...on=profile

Biographical Segment: Born Planet Manhattan, on edges of Daishan-Bu District but not of Kusari descent.
As a youngster did many of the easy to get gopher jobs that you can find in such a capitalistic society.
Entered University of Manhattan, graduated with Political science degree.
Entered the wide world of commerce with one of the supply firms for Universal Shipping eventually moving up to Head of Procurement - Logistic Depot [planetary].
Became increasingly dissatisfied and wanting to add something back ended up running and elected into local government.
Reasons for Joining LPI, Local government is not the real route to "adding something back" to society. Seen too much corruption to sleep soundly, time to start the clean up with the real force in Liberty.

OORP Part
Your experience in Discovery: How long have you been around? Since 2008. Have you ever been sanctioned? No. Large in many roles in most houses. Predominately Trade Related.
Respectively, rate your RP and PvP skills on a scale to 10: RP: 7-8 PvP: 4-5
SKYP-3 Communication Details: Your Skype address. Virgil.Samms
Timezone: The timezone you currently inhabit, preferably listed in +/- GMT. Ex: GMT.