Deep Space Engineering
- This is an NPC faction. For the affiliated player faction, see Deep Space Engineering (player faction). For the rules for this particular faction, see Deep Space Engineering ID.
|Deep Space Engineering|
|Origin||Republic of Liberty|
|Date of founding||51 A.S.|
|Founder(s)||Merger of several companies|
|Base of operations||Planet Pittsburgh, New York|
|Assembling trade lanes and jump gates|
|Ship and station construction
Industrial components manufacturing
Deep Space Engineering (often abbreviated as DSE) is the brawn of Liberty industry. DSE constructs space stations, both civilian and military ships, the processing facilities, and -- most importantly -- the Jump Gates and Trade Lanes under special and exclusive contract from Ageira technologies. All gate and lane construction is done under close inspection of an Ageira supervisor, and all key components are delivered as "White Boxes" that are simply plugged in at the appropriate places. These black box components are constructed to defeat scanning attempts, and will self-destruct if any attempt is made to open them.
DSE convoys can be found traveling through the four Houses, but are most commonly seen in Liberty space. Their Heavy Lifter ships are almost always seen around Liberty space stations. If there is heavy construction to be done, DSE will be there.
142 A.S. - Deep Space Engineering is awarded the contract to purify the water on Planet Los Angeles, so turning Planet L.A. into the food basket of Liberty. This is done by bombarding the planet with Ice Asteroids. Bombardment begins three years later.
- Baltimore Shipyard, New York
- Camrose Supply Depot, Alberta
- Planet Pittsburgh, New York
- Toronto Station, Ontario
- Chugoku Gate Construction Site, Hokkaido - Gate Completed. Redirected to Tau-53.
- Sigma-19 Gate Construction Site, Okinawa - Gate Completed.
- Sigma-21 Gate Construction Site, Honshu - Under construction
Other Bases Populated
- Ames Research Station, Kepler -- Research and observation crew concerned primarily with the local dark matter clouds
- Bonn Station, New Berlin -- House Rheinland inspection, warehouse, distribution, and way-point station.
- Freistadt Base, Omega-7 -- Maintenance crew concerned primarily with the station and local trade lanes.
- Norfolk Shipyard, New York -- Engineering and construction crews.
- Planet Houston, Texas -- Employees of factories, plants, constructions sites, etc. System headquarters and workers' union offices.
- Planet Manhattan, New York -- Employees of factories, plants, construction sites, etc. Federal advisory and liaison offices. New York general supplies gateway.
- Roppongi Station, New Tokyo -- House Kusari inspection, warehouse, distribution, and way-point station.
- Sapporo Station, Hokkaido -- Supply and waypoint station primarily for in-system construction site.
- Waterloo Station, New London -- House Bretonia inspection, warehouse, distribution, and way-point station.