Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Order feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
lolol
Raising this from the dead. Feedback is of course,always noted and appreciated.
So. I was floating about on my Angel helping people and observing.

I notice a ton of people in Minor so I go visit. As an official faction you have a responsibility to set the standard for indy Order players and to show them how to role play as Order agents. How is this teaching them to role play correctly? You can't see it here, but Taggart opened fire on Ain, who was in a fighter. Ain didn't want to fight either.

Chat log removed.
' Wrote:So. I was floating about on my Angel helping people and observing.

I notice a ton of people in Minor so I go visit. As an official faction you have a responsibility to set the standard for indy Order players and to show them how to role play as Order agents. How is this teaching them to role play correctly? You can't see it here, but Taggart opened fire on Ain, who was in a fighter. Ain didn't want to fight either.

<quoted stuff>

:mellow:

Was that Tommeh?

I cant see him like that...

But wow...just wow...

EDIT: The wow is my reaction to this, not if it may or may not be Tommeh.
The guy in question is a professional jackass, in game as he is a spoiled brat.

It's not tommeh. His discipline will be looked into.
thats probably the best show from Order I have seen in the last month, why put it as negative feedback?
' Wrote:thats probably the best show from Order I have seen in the last month, why put it as negative feedback?

My apologies that we can not provide a better show for your needs, we do try hard [Image: u07fc.gif]

On a serious note, are official factions not allowed to RP personalities of their characters cause it might confuse indies?

I think it's quite obvious that this was not OOC acting, and that Sun.Core played along aswell, and did not complained about any wrong impressions, or Order| giving wrong examples of RP.

So, if there was some indies confused about this RP, maybe you as Angel should have explained to him that such RP exists aswell, and that it's quite normal to RP personality of your char, is it spoiled kid, bitchy loudmouth, trigger happy freak or something else, as we all know there is plenty of those around.

However I can imagine that it might brought some confusions, as Order indies are rather fresh disco players and are not aware of full posibilites of RP.
Btw, this is not my char, but rather one of Order| leadership dudes who decided for a bit different RP direction of Order pilot.
Notice, I am no longer part of Order| leadership, so this is my personal opinion on this situation. :)
' Wrote:My apologies that we can not provide a better show for your needs, we do try hard [Image: u07fc.gif]

On a serious note, are official factions not allowed to RP personalities of their characters cause it might confuse indies?

I think it's quite obvious that this was not OOC acting, and that Sun.Core played along aswell, and did not complained about any wrong impressions, or Order| giving wrong examples of RP.

So, if there was some indies confused about this RP, maybe you as Angel should have explained to him that such RP exists aswell, and that it's quite normal to RP personality of your char, is it spoiled kid, bitchy loudmouth, trigger happy freak or something else, as we all know there is plenty of those around.

However I can imagine that it might brought some confusions, as Order indies are rather fresh disco players and are not aware of full posibilites of RP.
Btw, this is not my char, but rather one of Order| leadership dudes who decided for a bit different RP direction of Order pilot.
Notice, I am no longer part of Order| leadership, so this is my personal opinion on this situation. :)

Had me worried you went insane Tommeh :)

If it was all RP... *clap*
My issue isn't with the role play itself. Role playing a spoiled brat is perfectly fine and I explained what I could gather of his role play to those in question. My issue is that he was attacking other Order agents for no reason. Being a spoiled brat doesn't mean you try to murder another Agent. When asked to stop he didn't, he kept firing so the other player logged a ship that he wouldn't be killed in.

While we Angels have the responsibility to help new players understand role play, you official factions also have that same responsibility. Last I checked, the Order was a military organization, not a fraternity. Just to be clear, I have no issue with the role play of a spoiled brat, its the attacking of other Order pilots who asked him to stop that is my issue.

Edit: Removed an unnecessary negative comment on my part. Apologizes, I was grumpy this morning.

Edit: Didn't see Hot Rod's post. Coolio. I removed the chat log as I don't feel I should have posted it.
Thank you for putting our differences aside for some good lulz, Golanski.
Tomorrow I'll hate you again though:$
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46