Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Order feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
To contrast with all the negativity, thanks for helping both me and SOA- was a fun adrenaline rush until the crash hit. Look forward to more risky operations of the sort in the future.
Why is Order neutral to Outcasts?

Whilst I can see valid reasons for Outcasts pursuing neutral diplomacy with any group (although I don't think it's wise for gameplay, there are certainly roleplay benefits) because it's one less group getting in the way of the Orange Dream (then again, couldn't Akabat been seen as a prime candidate for Cardamine seeding?), I cannot fathom why Order would pursue neutrality with Outcasts. The only explanation I can think of would be that the difference in power is so great that the Order can't deal with hostile Outcasts on the Epsilon border. Even then, even if they're outmatched the Order doesn't seem like the kind of organisation that would roll over and let their enemies walk over them.

The Outcasts are Slavers, peddle Cardamine which by many is considered a dangerous substance (perhaps going as far as to treat it as a threat to humanity), a contingent of them worship the Nomads as spirits, they pillage and kill as they expand out from Alpha resulting in the loss of lots of life... etc etc. The contrast between that and what the Order believes in is so sharp you could cut yourself on it.

I recall reading comms and roleplay where Outcasts were frequently referred to as degenerates, Nomad puppets, sub-human scum and utterly evil by the Order. What caused this sudden 180 degree turn in diplomacy? You guys are also shutting yourselves off from a source of PvP/activity, the increased proximity of Mu to Alpha creates a potential highway for shooty.

EDIT: Thanks for clearing that up Erato.
Just a small correction: Cardamine cannot be planted anywhere but on Malta and a small region on Soledad currently if you refer to the infocards. Akabat would not grow it if that is what you implied by "seeding".
From what I read between the Comms between Golly and the NC, it seems to be done mostly in order to relieve pressure on our already strained war resources. But, provided you have read the comms, one of the most major effects of this neutrality we started is that the Outcasts, as far as we know, took active countermeasures against Nomad infestation in their ranks. However, I wouldn't say that it is a really 'peaceful' neutrality, as vessels of both sides trespassing in eachothers space are still terminated. We had enough counts of having to remove Ranseurs and other things from Omicron Mu, and the Order certainly doesn't approve of the whole cardi and slave trade. But sometimes you have to overlook a minor evil in order to combat a much larger evil, such as the Nomads.

EDIT: For those interested in the comms, here is the link to them.
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=153416
Withdrawn.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will have a word with the faction that this isn't how we play things. Am glad to hear you enjoyed the fight though!

~ Cael
It would be good if, in the spirit of the event, you didn't go around engaging miners and haulers without a demand. Even if you don't have the same limitations as the indie ID and it's within the rules (I think? the ID doesn't say it can't shoot transports without a demand), it's not a good interaction for the other parties.
(11-10-2018, 02:10 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]It would be good if, in the spirit of the event, you didn't go around engaging miners and haulers without a demand. Even if you don't have the same limitations as the indie ID and it's within the rules (I think? the ID doesn't say it can't shoot transports without a demand), it's not a good interaction for the other parties.

I will let you know my SRP BC has a unique ID which allows me to engage anyone that is not Order, Nomad and Wilde at ease. So I don't have to make a demand, it is apart of my SRP request and ID.
(11-10-2018, 02:11 PM)The Olympius Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2018, 02:10 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]It would be good if, in the spirit of the event, you didn't go around engaging miners and haulers without a demand. Even if you don't have the same limitations as the indie ID and it's within the rules (I think? the ID doesn't say it can't shoot transports without a demand), it's not a good interaction for the other parties.

I will let you know my SRP BC has a unique ID which allows me to engage anyone that is not Order, Nomad and Wilde at ease. So I don't have to make a demand, it is apart of my SRP request and ID.

And? You're not creating good gameplay or roleplay by blowing up defenceless transports and miners. Nothing special about that.

I've heard Shaggy was removed from Order, so don't worry about it. Although I guess just consider it as a useful heads up.
(11-10-2018, 02:10 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Words

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'll have a chat with our members to make sure this incident doesn't repeat itself. Should it do, please give me the names of those involved over PM (Discord, Skype or Forums) and I'll sort it out with the people involved.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46