Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Order feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
(11-13-2021, 02:55 PM)Infinity Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2021, 11:35 AM)Kauket Wrote: [ -> ]Why haven't the order been involved in nomad affairs (not saying that you need to pvp either)

Only seen your guys just pve in zeta which is disappointing. Hell, people didn't seem interested in attending to fight off stuff entity spawned

Just wondering. Do people not have time or something?

Ask the core xD

Ah yes, the dead faction that disbanded months ago and only pve farming indies remain.

Core ain't gonna chase people down in Liberty without being boned by lawfuls.
(11-13-2021, 02:56 PM)Kauket Wrote: [ -> ]Core ain't gonna chase people down in Liberty without being boned by lawfuls.
This, and the fact that only a few core players are still playing.
But we try every time we can.

Now that I'm here I have to say, I don't really know what Order is doing anymore. Some days ago I saw one hanging out with some GC "inhaling" cardi. Was weird lol.

And my congratz to Cosmo, we have some very good duels.

Atte. Core Player
(11-13-2021, 11:35 AM)Kauket Wrote: [ -> ]Why haven't the order been involved in nomad affairs (not saying that you need to pvp either)

Only seen your guys just pve in zeta which is disappointing. Hell, people didn't seem interested in attending to fight off stuff entity spawned

Just wondering. Do people not have time or something?

You have to be more specific. Order tries to intercept K'Hara/Vagrant players we are aware of should something happen within our timezones.
Just wanted to stop here and show some appreciation to Cael and the other few Order| Pilots I have rped with over the last few days. Thanks!
Right back at you Big Grin
Thank you for taking an interest in my scientific brainfart regarding that stuff we went to the other day Big Grin
You, guys, pretty active last days. Nice to see you all back online. I hope you will keep it that way!
(06-14-2022, 12:45 PM)Kalhmera Wrote: [ -> ]Just wanted to stop here and show some appreciation to Cael and the other few Order| Pilots I have rped with over the last few days. Thanks!

I second this 100%. It is ALWAYS fun to RP with you all.

~Leo
Hullo. Fellow player here and former member asking about a certain subject that continues to appear in relation to this group.

Why are you lads continuing to roleplay the Order as a political entity? I don't want to make this sound like a reprimand or hate for the faction, but this is going completely against the lore of the faction (to quote: The Order is a covert paramilitary organization dedicated to the eradication of the Nomad threat within Sirius.)

I absolutely enjoy the recent interactions -- both the roleplay and fights have been great fun -- but it still looks extremely out of the ordinary to see a faction supposed to counter alien influence ally with another group that is in no way affiliated with the same goal of fighting Nomads (in the case of Corsairs even going against that through the export of artifacts, be they inactive or active).
(06-17-2022, 01:46 PM)DariusCiprian Wrote: [ -> ]Hullo. Fellow player here and former member asking about a certain subject that continues to appear in relation to this group.

Why are you lads continuing to roleplay the Order as a political entity? I don't want to make this sound like a reprimand or hate for the faction, but this is going completely against the lore of the faction (to quote: The Order is a covert paramilitary organization dedicated to the eradication of the Nomad threat within Sirius.)

I absolutely enjoy the recent interactions -- both the roleplay and fights have been great fun -- but it still looks extremely out of the ordinary to see a faction supposed to counter alien influence ally with another group that is in no way affiliated with the same goal of fighting Nomads (in the case of Corsairs even going against that through the export of artifacts, be they inactive or active).

An understandable question, the Order has rp'd towards allying with the Corsairs for some time now. This is partly due to the old disco lore of the corsair-order alliance and, more recently, the Core/Outcast alliance (which I had similar reservations against as you do to this particular piece of Order rp). The fact is two 'enemies' have banded together and have become too big of a problem to handle alone. A cease-fire with Corsairs to take out the mutual enemy was deemed the logical step.

As for the artifacts, yes this was something we struggled with as well. However we are quite confident the solution provided is the best of both worlds. Order will still continue to intercept artifacts throughout Sirius, just not from the Corsairs directly (which we barely did anyway, if at all). In return the Corsairs sell active, and thus the most risky artifacts, directly to Order. This means bare minimum a far greater percentage of active artifacts are intercepted before they enter 'the market', while interceptions still continue to try and get what little slips through the net.

As for the 'political entity' aspect, every faction has their diplo, agreements and treaties with other factions, we like to document ours because it looks neat, I'm not entirely sure that is an issue. This treaty furthers the goal of the Order by curtailing risky artifacts without diminishing our own attempts at intercepting them, while at the same time dealing with a threat that would distract the Order from its focus on the Nomads.

So in short, yes, it is out of the usual Order rp, but it is in reaction to a situation we currently find ourselves in and still aims to align with the goals of the faction as a whole.
We are of the opinion that ignoring such developments would be a bigger disconnect than rolling with them and seeing what would come out of it.
Thanks for the quick reply.

The part about allying with the Corsairs against the Core and Outcasts makes sense from a gameplay perspective, but not from a lore standpoint. As far as lore goes, the Outcast and Core cooperation isn't canon, but more of a "on the spot help" (as seen with the story characters sending roleplaying the assistance of a Core squadron to help in the coming battle in Theta)

The "political entity" part I have refered to is in direct coleration to not the treaties themselves, but the fact the Order claims certain regions as theirs ([...] Recognize Omicron Delta to be the demarcation line between Corsair Empire and The Order.; Will open access to The Order Overwatch space to [...]) The way the current roleplay's done is only showing that the Order is thought to be a political entity laying claim to certain regions as theirs, going against the "anti-Nomad" shtick of the faction.

And, as another question, why would the Order care about what happens to the Corsairs? They share no common goal and the Corsairs are only a warrior empire, raiding for money and smuggling, in direct anthiesis to the Order which has been (still is?) funded directly by House Governments.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46