Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Order feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
If IT would be against people with a wilde id ok, but to abuse the order id to randomly claim someone is infected or is a part of wilde to justify yourself to destroy that person is just an abuse. If you as order do not want to roleplay but just shoot nomad then go to omicrons to shoot. Not against humans. It would be the same if i use a zoner/freelancer to open fire against some random people and try to cover it for myself in roleplay so i can open fire.
You again? I told you why you were shot already.
(01-26-2014, 10:40 PM)Snoopyman Wrote: [ -> ]I won't give you and inrp reason as it is your job to kill, yes but I have an OORP reason which with what ever answer you'll give will show us who you really are. People aren't always after pvp, not many of us are pvp whores like you. If people came to rp with other people, then to have someone like you to come and ruin it with gun blazing people like you, it simply ruins the environment. Maybe give us a chance, oorp to finish of what we are doing? Is that not fair? That way it doesn't ruin the game for the people involved. How would you like it if you was rping with someone (that you had been rping with for a while and built a solid rp) and I brought a nomad to come and kill youd and use the excuse "Oh it's a nomads job to kill people"?

I must agree with snoopyman on this. I was present there aswell Order| ID should be restricted a little.
Omicron you can not just engage anyone on sight with your Order| character just because he is shooting or acting in game and in RP against your Skype friends (I'm talking about Dimon who is in Order and Das Wilde aswell and he is owner of that Cameron base in O9).
Your buddies point finger on someone saying *He is Infected Wild kill him* and you just hope in and open fire on that person even if he has no markings of Wild or Nomad's ID IFF or any kind of nomad equipment.

For an example only: your Skype budie got pirated and you come there with order| character you accuse pirate of being infected and accuse him to be a nomad and you open fire on him.
Pirate is a pirate in RP he deserved it to be shoted but pointing finger on anyone with accusation of being infected so you could have a reason to open fire on him with your Order| character is very very lame.
And your recent replys here in feedback give us a clear picture about your arrogancy.

And here are some pics of what i'm talking about
http://i.imgur.com/9VUNduJ.png

http://i.imgur.com/tiMF5ki.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NWETxPa.png
I would like to clarify once and for all who is who and who is infected and who isn't.
Cause your Cameron budies aren't just shoting people with acusations of being infected together with your Order| they doing the same along with real Wild characters.

http://i.imgur.com/bm0BTlM.jpg

And just acedently this wild Kleine hapens to be your buddie Dimon

A perfect example of skypelancing powergaming and metagaming.
"Blah Blah I can shoot Order base without repercussions."

Here is all you need to know

I also do not care what other factions my members chose to join. We're not a clan that considers every other player to be enemy and traitor because they do have some other dudes they hang out with.

Deal with it.
Removed post per leader's request.

If Order| decided not to continue, in their opinion, pointless discussion and advised to "deal with it", I guess there's not much more what could be achieved in that subject by posting in the feedback thread.
(05-07-2015, 11:22 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...pid1665913
Reading that made me sad.

Generally from my experience the Omicrons really aren't the most fair-friendly region in disco. Strategically they are balanced though, which is something that can be lived with, as it doesn't hamper the fun of the fights too much. Personally, regardless whether I like it or not, I've grown to accept that ganking in the Omicrons is sadly a necessity. Whether Core makos are getting dumped on by 6 AI Cruisers, or there are 6 Ossies waiting on the other side of a jump hole, or if there's a wave of Corsairs coming at us from Gamma, I've pretty much grown to accept that this is the norm in the Omicrons. However, I've made it a rule within the faction that we will only gank if we are being ganked, or have been ganked previously, or if we need to gank for srategy/tactical reasons. Otherwise I try to ensure fair fights if I can.

Fortunately, Thanatos have given me a peer into Order group communications, and I get to see things from your side (I don't really get the opportunity to fly my Order ships, as I generally need to log Core to motivate the faction and guide them). What I am observing is a poor and somewhat disgruntled attitude, which stems from a root problem that I established in the above paragraph.

Of course it must be stated that when it comes to capital ships it's a lot more messy to balance a fight as capital ships are more about strategy than direct combat as you would find in snubcraft. On that note though I would like to see O'Rhu fly snubs more often. When you mostly log caps it's a lot harder to bring a more balanced force into the fray. Personally I'd love to see more snub fights in the Omicrons, as they seem to be in short supply. Perhaps next time you see Core ships log in that aren't caps or gunboats, you guys could do the same and log something in of a similar class?

On the subject of system raids, yes those are very hard to balance. Often Core just logs all it can and heads straight to Mu and idles whilst we wait for something to log in. We never know what we're going to face, so it's best to over-prepare than under-prepare.

In conclusion, these are just some words to heed. Personally I don't really mind ganking. It's just a part of disco that you have to deal with, live with and ultimately accept and do yourself sometimes. Fully removing ganking from all our fights is probably an impossibility, though I think we can all do better to ensure that not every fight will end up with a gank Smile
[Image: wCPo0eg.png]

To be honest, I didn't expect this sort of "i-don't-want-to-rp-just-kill-me" behaviour from an official faction member. I understand that being surrounded by 4 hostile fighters might be a bit unsettling, but it certainly doesn't justify replying over the course of about 10 minutes with I think exactly four lines of RP.

It's good to know the next time I see you I can have no problem with killing you, if you are so willing to give your life away.
Who are you, what's the full context of this quote and what have been players/ships involved? For now your feedback post is about as useful as copious amounts of salt thrown around the forums nowadays for the unnecessarily overblown dramas.
Ah, no problem. I thought your own faction members would be kind enough to provide you with logs, but if they don't want to:

The context is this: we wanted to do some joint operations with the GC and just so happened we found two of your ships in Nagano. We tried to talk to them - despite them being almost completely unresponsive + they basically leaked out an information about nomad ruins in Bretonia to GC and Outcasts. At some point they just decided to jump back to Chugoku which we perceived as a rather obvious indication that we should engage. So we did.

Still it left a horrible feeling. I hope your pilots can work on their attitude towards RPing with hostile factions cause clearly they had very little idea what to do there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46