Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Order feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to ask something, what would you say to someone RPing as Herr Von Claussen?

I ask because I'm working on a little project where I play him, just waiting for the special RP section to re-open, and I wanted some input from you before I started.
I like the idea I guess. I mean, he'd have to be very old at this time, but I've seen you in space and your rp is good and it makes sence. I welcome it, the rest is just up to the admins.
Just a side note: If Keepers and related ships are out there, if our satellites capture their images on a system radar, or if people of sirius call for help, we go and help.

Official law enforcement branches don't like us so we usually do not interfere if, for example, there are 10 navy ships against a similar Keeper threat.

I remember me and my wing engaging Keepers several times in New York, sometimes in Kusari or Rheinland.

However, besides the fact that Keepers are almost always active in Omicrons, Liberty (Leeds sometime) and Alpha, our usual activities take place there if I may say. Swiss is the utmost "first hand" to tell all about it but as a patrol craft who entangles with Keepers usually (kudos to you Keepers people again!), I can say that.

Besides that, we have our own "hmm, lets investigate here" missions but, as you can guess, they are done in secrecy.
- You still have to update that roster :P

Just another question - does basic capital turrets include solaris, cerbs, etc?
I like it. Legit tag and faction name. Something I think people like to see in a faction.
Ok. Well i came to Minor looking for a bit of rp with my keeper, fair enough right?
I said something to indicate i was there so i could rp, within a couple of mins i got found and they simply said "Engaging nomad!"

Fair enough, i kept cruising and was chased, and eventually got cd'd.

The disapointing thing is that there was 6 of your guys, 1-2 in gunboats, one in a carrier, the rest in fighter, with 1 indie gb and 2? indie fighters.

All engaged my little LF.
Talk about fair play, you are now on my -never to rp with again- list.
To be honest, with a show like that, how the hell did you become official?

edit: oh and the indie's said more words than the order members, and they said Engaging Nomad, and relayed my position.
' Wrote:Ok. Well i came to Minor looking for a bit of rp with my keeper, fair enough right?
I said something to indicate i was there so i could rp, within a couple of mins i got found and they simply said "Engaging nomad!"

Fair enough, i kept cruising and was chased, and eventually got cd'd.

The disapointing thing is that there was 6 of your guys, 1-2 in gunboats, one in a carrier, the rest in fighter, with 1 indie gb and 2? indie fighters.

All engaged my little LF.
Talk about fair play, you are now on my -never to rp with again- list.
To be honest, with a show like that, how the hell did you become official?

edit: oh and the indie's said more words than the order members, and they said Engaging Nomad, and relayed my position.

I don't think you now the expression "at war". Order have to shot on sight any nomads in their ZoI... You were on Minor, the homeland of the Order, what do you expect ? "Please lave ou system, thanks Nomad friend" ? We caught you, we said "Nomad in Minor !", give your location and tried to kill you. it's normal, you know... And a thing you didn't said is we leave you alone when you get out of Minor... I don't see any prob lem, really. If you don't want to RP with us again, whatever ? For myself, i consider all the even asbolutely normal, RP and fine.

Edit : oh and by the way, you could tell me how an Order player can RP with a Keepers, since it's just about some telepathy vs "our mission is to protect humanity from aliens" ? RP with another human character, okay, but with a Nomad... ?
Quote:Ok. Well i came to Minor looking for a bit of rp with my keeper, fair enough right?

This is fair from your point of view. However you do not take into consideration the Group Channel, which you could not see.

Also what response do you want toward an entity that is malevolent by nature, and from a group/organisation that is sworn to destroy them ?

One more thing I don't want to hurt anyones feeling or be rude, but 3 or 4 words, which even if we remove all the dots and spaces inbetween them, barely has any meaning, makes it hard to understand what you want to say, at the first place. And even harder to respond to it in any meaningful manner.

// typing this gave me an idea, I will surprise you next time:laugh:
.Watanabe:

you must take into account that "your little LF" has a powerplant of the heaviest VHF ( over 15.000 ) and is considerably more agile AND smaller than even the arrow LF ( the most agile public LF around ) - has a torp slot and 3 guns that equal ~5 guns on any public ship.

that in itself is not the problem - the problem is ... everyone knows that these LF are so powerful, so you cannot really expect someone to go 1 vs 1 on you, cause frankly, your ship is as powerful as at least 2 public ones.

that aside - i have observed that the balance of power around the omicrons is sometimes messed up, - but not always there is someone to be blamed for it. - one time, an appropriate corsair force launches from gamma to meet what they see in delta ( BHG| forces ... i mean ) - at the similar time, an appropriate force launches in minor to meet the same threat. - a bad timing might have them join in delta and suddenly you have a totally inappropriate force meeting a smaller force.

mind, that happens with every faction there - sometimes the order is coming with too many, sometimes the corsairs, sometimes the BHG - and yes... sometimes the keepers. ( i remember flying patrol pathes around fp11 - and my "little eagle" was attacked by 4-5 keepers ... it has only happened once, cause i mostly simply log out when keepers come, - but it happened )

the point is... it happens to EVERYONE. - and everyone is guilty of doing it to others occasionally.

on a direct feedback...

the "new" order| appears to be less organized than the BS|. that is not based on facts... but on feeling. it might be cause the BS was perceived as a smaller special unit, and the order "appears" to be the entirety of the order. - but it sometimes feels like the faction is now larger than the black squadron, but hasn t really reformed its structure.

[ again - that is just a feeling ]

other than that, the order ships have been OK in the omicron systems - but totally lacking in what i ( personally ) consider the major work of the order.

and that is the order as an intelligence unit. - i would really like to see more RP in house space and everywhere around, more presense without combat. - the order should employ non order informants, it should make deals with traders ( those are the people that get around the most - while at the same time are the most invisible ones ) or freelancers.

of course, i cannot know if that is not already being done, cause if such deals and relationships are RPed correctly, i wouldn t get to know about it.

the order as it seems from an outside position is currently very focussed on combat... but combat should come second for the faction - imo. sadly, those aspects of RP are hard to RP in an arcade combat system like freelancer.

but all in all - the faction looks fine.
Quote: other than that, the order ships have been OK in the omicron systems - but totally lacking in what i ( personally ) consider the major work of the order.

and that is the order as an intelligence unit. - i would really like to see more RP in house space and everywhere around, more presense without combat. - the order should employ non order informants, it should make deals with traders ( those are the people that get around the most - while at the same time are the most invisible ones ) or freelancers.

of course, i cannot know if that is not already being done, cause if such deals and relationships are RPed correctly, i wouldn t get to know about it.

Hi, I'm from the Order and I regulary do some reco mission on Kusari, bretonia and Rheinland (not Liberty of course) and each time I got a -very- hostile reaction from the police/military of the houses. They told me this is not my zone of influence and I should get out before i get shot... So well... I explains that Order have to protect ALL ppl on Sirius but I'm never listened... Maybe the players of the official police/military services should think about that but for now, Order is rejected from the legal Houses.