Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Order feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
(08-03-2016, 12:16 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2016, 10:51 AM)Ace Razgriz Wrote: [ -> ]Oh hi Ramke

The thing is, I'm quite certain I don't need a faction leaders approval to get the SRP done. It's just a formality. I could be wrong but Thats how I believe it is.

As far as I know without the approval of the relevant OFL you have little to no chance of Admin approval. I'm not sure if it's mandatory or just highly advised, but it's either of the two.

I'd say that's flat out wrong. The Apahanta got approved as well and there was no talk with the Core regarding it. Then again, it was an indie and not part of the official faction, so I might be comparing apples and oranges.
There's no definitive rule. If the RP is good, SRPs get accepted. That's the bench mark.

Gameplay shouldn't be defined by honour codes, just the server rules.
(08-03-2016, 12:32 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say that's flat out wrong. The Apahanta got approved as well and there was no talk with the Core regarding it. Then again, it was an indie and not part of the official faction, so I might be comparing apples and oranges.

The OFL isn't a mandatory factor in the processing of an SRP. An SRP isn't just based on what the player is going to write in the post, there's going to be a thorough background check to ensure what is requested fits with the game and isn't going to cause issues. Despite that, getting the approval of the OFL is a large contribution to the success of an SRP as it means you're not just trying to do your thing in your corner without discussing it with anyone.

I would say the Apahanta isn't really comparable in this context though. We're not talking about a full-fledged defection (despite Auxesia is yet again involved) and the limitations requested are pretty fair so the criterias for acceptance aren't going to be exactly the same.
(08-03-2016, 01:06 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]The OFL isn't a mandatory factor in the processing of an SRP. An SRP isn't just based on what the player is going to write in the post, there's going to be a thorough background check to ensure what is requested fits with the game and isn't going to cause issues. Despite that, getting the approval of the OFL is a large contribution to the success of an SRP as it means you're not just trying to do your thing in your corner without discussing it with anyone.

I mean, the Cincinnati was done without the approval of the faction lead as far as I'm aware, and that SRP passed and is still flying.

(08-03-2016, 01:06 PM)Alley Wrote: [ -> ]I would say the Apahanta isn't really comparable in this context though. We're not talking about a full-fledged defection (despite Auxesia is yet again involved) and the limitations requested are pretty fair so the criterias for acceptance aren't going to be exactly the same.

(bandit)
(08-03-2016, 11:00 AM)Ace Razgriz Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2016, 10:57 AM)Ryummel Wrote: [ -> ]Different topic:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=137964

Is it really needed to import the obvious Ace Combat references? I'm already loathing the whole 'Razgriz' thing even after having played that game for 12-13 times.

A) Ace Combat 5 never gets old
B) I only wrote the names for CV Razgriz and Hierlark
C) At least I'm not the guy flying [LN]-LNS-Unsung.War

The kestrel class prototype carrier

(08-03-2016, 11:07 AM)Ryummel Wrote: [ -> ]Yes thanks for your input, but I was expecting the answer from the guy flying the Unsung War.

PS: That 'only wrote' doesn't save you either. There's ways to be more original than that.

1.) It never does.
2.) you also wrote the entire Toledo Memorial for Hierlark. And originally you had Scinfaxi and your Resheph is Andromeda.
3.) No that's me, and I had already had that RP going since before the Akabat Bases. Edit: I never even knew you. [LN] was completely fine with the entire thing.
4.) Hi, my answer Fran is because I wanted to. Any more questions, I'll be here.
Hey, got a quick question regarding the Order entry in the Laws of Sirius. The contraband section lists Liquid Cardamine only. What about plain old Cardamine? For Artifacts, it explicitly lists the sorted ones as well, so why not for Cardamine as well?
Order space is no major cardamine smuggling route, liquid cardi is useful for our R&D and hunting down people having small quantities as RP cargo (like their own use due to permanent addiction) is below our paygrade. That doesn't mean you can distribute cardi candy in a space-van around Akabat without us putting a halt to that.
(02-05-2017, 10:36 PM)Foxglove Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, got a quick question regarding the Order entry in the Laws of Sirius. The contraband section lists Liquid Cardamine only. What about plain old Cardamine? For Artifacts, it explicitly lists the sorted ones as well, so why not for Cardamine as well?

I think that is an oversight, for as long as I know we have gone after Cardimine as it is a form of LC and a major Outcast source of funds we need to kill in order to fight them squidlovers.

But yeah. An oversight I should get fixed.

shh, what Omicron said.
Hello!

I wanted to ask if this post here is only addressed towards official faction members, or if people playing non-official characters can reply as well.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...pid1902946

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I know its a silly question, but I want to be sure I'm not breaking any rules.
Which faction do you represent? In absence of official faction to answer, indies are more than welcome to join.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46