Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Order feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
The fact is you shouldn't log if you see some enemies nearby and you don't want to RP with them. There's a big chance that you won't be able to leave the system withno interaction. If it's annoying you or not, and if you don't want someone to play on your neves, just avoid them. It will also help to avoid situations like this one.

Well, we are all humans, we've got our better or worse days. Lets respect ourselves and be humans for each other. Noone really wants war, because Disco is the world where we are all playing. Peace guys, peace!
Enough of this bloodshed.
(08-12-2015, 06:19 PM)Ghost Radical Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really believe any Order| member has shown such behavior to any other faction other than Core, even if it were, it would be very rare.
If you actually read and responded to what Dunc- said, you'd see otherwise. Even what Protege wrote is somewhat representative of recent attitudes.

(08-12-2015, 06:19 PM)Ghost Radical Wrote: [ -> ]The problem as it may seem is that the Core are attempting to 'Whore' Order, Order aren't the Core's personal 'encountering' toy, no faction is exclusively another faction's encounter property. It is within Order's RP to do expeditions away from the Omicrons and interact with all other factions on the server, the Core as well has that right. It only seems to me, and I'm just talking about my own opinion here, that Core are limiting their activities to Order, Outcasts, corsairs on occasions, and RM/BDM due to their new relation/diplomacy meetings.
We do what we can within the scope of our ID and roleplay. That is simply it. And that does include but is not limited to interacting with The Order. We don't prioritize other factions over others in our activity (although by our roleplay we should be primarily interacting with Nomads and Order) and we like to alternate between factions, to encourage variety not only for ourselves but for the other faction. Order| seem to take every small encounter with Core| that occurs now again as some sort of personal insult, becoming incredibly bitter about it each time when it's just a simple interaction. Or at least, when we initiate the encounter.

(08-12-2015, 06:19 PM)Ghost Radical Wrote: [ -> ]Up to now, whenever a decent number of Order| members log away from the Omicrons, we soon see Core tagged ships logging and soon moving towards the system we are present in, hence we cannot afford to enjoy any encounter -whether it is pre-planned or improvised- without having to pew Core.
A bold statement: trying to infer that every moment when Order ships leave the Omicrons, Core ships are always in hot pursuit. As implied by my statement, that is not the case. I am confused why Order continually tries to make itself believe that Core ships ruthlessly hunting Order ships on sight is the norm, when it's really not. Heck, even if you collected evidence of encounters you would see it is not. It just really puzzles me as to what end this is meant to achieve, other than Order| continually trying to victimize itself?

(08-12-2015, 06:19 PM)Ghost Radical Wrote: [ -> ]We have no problem with interacting/RPing/PvPing with any Core member, the only problem lies with the fact that you are overdoing it, you keep adding pineapple to the wound to the point that it actually drives away our members from logging Order at all.
It's not overdone. If anything, to be nicer with Order| and Order|'s lack of willingness to fulfil it's roleplay, it's actually slightly underdone. Order| just seems to prefer throwing tantrums over normal, logical encounters. In regards to the latter, embarrassingly Order| seems so desperate that they'll try to drag admins into encounters, to adjust the roleplay environment in their favour, if they are not in control. To finish, I must remind you that there IS a war going on between both factions. If your faction members are not logging because they can't handle hostile encounters with Core, then dare I say they're playing the wrong faction.

I have two questions directed at Order|:

How come when Core ships go outside the Omicrons, Order| ships never try to interact? It would be interesting if such would happen, as it would make our expedition trips more interesting.

What is Order|'s ideal encounter with a hostile faction? What do you expect? This is not limited to just Core, but to Nomads, Unlawfuls as well as Law Enforcement and so forth.
I wonder htough wasn't it always like that? Even back with BHG Core, the Order and BHG Core were main Factions up in the Omicrons fighting each other. Especially Delta/Zeta was a common Battlefield of Core vs Order. I mean it's their job isn't it, to hunt you guys.

Additionally to that, there were K'Hara interactions which Core and Order would've cooperated, but I think that's the only exception where Core and Order could interact, Aliens. But other than that, it was always like that, don't see what realy changed dramatically.
(08-12-2015, 08:55 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]A bold statement: trying to infer that every moment when Order ships leave the Omicrons, Core ships are always in hot pursuit. As implied by my statement, that is not the case. I am confused why Order continually tries to make itself believe that Core ships ruthlessly hunting Order ships on sight is the norm, when it's really not. Heck, even if you collected evidence of encounters you would see it is not. It just really puzzles me as to what end this is meant to achieve, other than Order| continually trying to victimize itself?

See here's the problem, Lyth. Whether you realise it or not, from the Order's perspective Core is very much always in hot pursuit. This is not just a personal feeling that a single member has, this view is shared by many, many Order members. By me as well. I've seen you chase Order all the way into Colorado. You plainly denying that Core chases Order everywhere they go is bizarre to me.

We are not paranoid, this IS the norm for the Order nowadays. Perhaps you don't see it like that because Core activity is a lot higher than that of Order|. So even if Core truly does do a lot of other things that does not exclude Core chasing Order whenever they are online.

Basically, the biggest issue is you denying this issue exists despite it being very real. Many people are frustrated with Core because it has become virtually impossible to log an order vessel without being hunted anywhere from Colorado to Frankfurt. As long as this fact is denied, any attempts to solve the oorp anger between Order and Core will be pointless.
(08-12-2015, 09:09 PM)TheJarl Wrote: [ -> ]See here's the problem, Lyth. Whether you realise it or not, from the Order's perspective Core is very much always in hot pursuit. This is not just a personal feeling that a single member has, this view is shared by many, many Order members. By me as well. I've seen you chase Order all the way into Colorado. You plainly denying that Core chases Order everywhere they go is bizarre to me.
Everywhere is completely different from every time. I'm not denying that we don't chase Order to hell and back, since that is what both are factions are supposed to do. Core| certainly does not continually hammer Order| every time they venture out of the Omicrons however.

(08-12-2015, 09:09 PM)TheJarl Wrote: [ -> ]We are not paranoid, this IS the norm for the Order nowadays. Perhaps you don't see it like that because Core activity is a lot higher than that of Order|. So even if Core truly does do a lot of other things that does not exclude Core chasing Order whenever they are online.
Earlier feedback in the thread gives the overpowering impression that Order has become incredibly paranoid. They log off when a hostile in present. They either run to the system wall to avoid an interaction, or tell the hostile faction to hurry up and kill them and get the encounter over with. They call in the admins if they can't control every aspect of the roleplay environment. They perpetrate ooRP grudges. They dance presumably x-hundred kilometres above the system plane, taunting the faction that might want to interact with them. Your statement about Core chasing Order whenever we are online, and deducing that such must be true because we have higher activity, is a paranoid statement in itself. It's an incredibly wild statement to suggest that Order|'s two days of activity are actually part of Core|'s five days of activity. My faction has lots to do, enough to keep us satisfied enough to not bully Order| whenever they are online, as you are suggesting.

(08-12-2015, 09:09 PM)TheJarl Wrote: [ -> ]Basically, the biggest issue is you denying this issue exists despite it being very real. Many people are frustrated with Core because it has become virtually impossible to log an order vessel without being hunted anywhere from Colorado to Frankfurt. As long as this fact is denied, any attempts to solve the oorp anger between Order and Core will be pointless.
There is no issue from our end. We simply play our role, and execute our roleplay naturally as we should. Order| is not an essential part of our activity in the sense that we MUST interact with them whenever they are online. As stated, there's other things we can do. The issue is that Order| is developing a terrible attitude towards factions that aren't allies, and justifies it with all sorts of terrible actions and reactions.

(08-12-2015, 08:55 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]I have two questions directed at Order|:

How come when Core ships go outside the Omicrons, Order| ships never try to interact? It would be interesting if such would happen, as it would make our expedition trips more interesting.

What is Order|'s ideal encounter with a hostile faction? What do you expect? This is not limited to just Core, but to Nomads, Unlawfuls as well as Law Enforcement and so forth.
So uh, normally I don't post in official faction feedback threads since I just message the leaders on skype but I don't have the Order| leader added on skype so I figured Id just drop these here.

http://i.imgur.com/W0tdZV6.png

http://i.imgur.com/Pgopiaj.png

Im not like angry or anything, he seemed like a nice guy; and I don't want to come off as someone criticizing him. But just figured you should know/talk to him so that if some other hardcore RPer person meets him he wont end up being criticized or anything.

None the less was fun encounter!

His typing/local RP was off with stuff like "u" and oorping was the issue if it wasn't clear.
(12-01-2015, 04:13 AM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]So uh, normally I don't post in official faction feedback threads since I just message the leaders on skype but I don't have the Order| leader added on skype so I figured Id just drop these here.

Im not like angry or anything, he seemed like a nice guy; and I don't want to come off as someone criticizing him. But just figured you should know/talk to him so that if some other hardcore RPer person meets him he wont end up being criticized or anything.

His typing/local RP was off with stuff like "u" and oorping was the issue if it wasn't clear.

Thank you for the information Wesker, we'll talk to him about this soon, its not the first time, but hopefully it will be the last
(12-01-2015, 04:13 AM)Wesker Wrote: [ -> ]So uh, normally I don't post in official faction feedback threads since I just message the leaders on skype but I don't have the Order| leader added on skype so I figured Id just drop these here.

Oh look is our huge ego friend crying that he didn't get to kill another Order member after he and his 2 friends chased him and me as well through 2-3 systems including Omicron 100, just to get a shot in order to increase the ego.
So you've come here with this small issue because you couldn't get a fight with any of us last night and you still want to feed yourself with something.

-Be Nice...
(12-01-2015, 06:21 PM)Stone21 Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh look is our huge ego friend crying that he didn't get to kill another Order member after he and his 2 friends chased him and me as well through 2-3 systems including Omicron 100, just to get a shot in order to increase the ego.
So you've come here with this small issue because you couldn't get a fight with any of us last night and you still want to feed yourself with something.

-Be Nice...

I let him go after he said he didn't want to fight which he did. You can see in the first image link I posted that he was getting mines to fight me but then decided to run. After he didn't want the fight we decided to raid mu. Sadly one of them ran out of fear the other one had a nice friendly duel with me.

As you can see im not here to feed myself anything.
Pleasantries aside, you need more than a 'u' in the end of a sentence to claim ooRP. Do you have logs to present, perhaps?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46