Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonian Base Registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
*Boosting signal*
To: EMT|-Terroruk
Subject: Base Construction

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your Request has been discussed and we have decided to give you the go ahead to build your Base, as described in your Request.

We do hope that you will follow all Guidelines as laid down in;

Chapter 5 of Bretonian Charter of Interstellar Law - Base Construction and Zoning.

Good luck and have a good day.
(05-23-2017, 03:42 PM)Bretonia Police Authority Wrote: [ -> ]Mr. Raymond Zimmerman

Thank you for applying for a a permit of base construction

The paperwork you submitted it's all in order, you may start building your facility after you have proceeded with the payment of the Registration fee for Zone 2: Dublin, Manchester, Newcastle, Poole - 300,000,000 credits, subtracting the 50,000,000 credits of the deposit.

I advise you reading 5.4 - Base Operational Regulations and 5.5 - Base Modification Protocols

[Image: NETh2Zz.jpg]

To: The Bretonian Police Authority
Subject: Eldorado Station, Dublin

Respected Sir or Madam,

It seems someone has forgotten to put Eldorado Station on the list of approved bases on your introductory page. Could you please amend it to avoid any misunderstandings?

With gratitude,
Raymond Zimmerman
To the fine Gentlemen (and Gentlewomen) of her Majesty's Government.
"Tis I, PADDY, a humble citizen of Bretonia! M' Family were natives of Dublin for generations and found themselves obliged to emigrate to New London. They are honest small business people, who love Bretonia and are very religious hard working Junkers.

I was born and raised on Trafalgar and found upon graduatin' from New London Academy for Business Women have taken a risk and set up a small, humble pub in Dublin. 'Tis there that I hope to make a modest living running me lovely pub. (You must visit some time)

It is not a grandiose affair and it is designed fer the men who mine fer a livin'. I call it the DUBLIN MINERS PUB. 'Tis a demilitarized FREEPUB and any and all honest miners can hire docking rights for one miner and one transport, for a small commission.

So! Could oi prevail upon you fine fellow citizens of Bretonia fer me LOVELY pub to be registered? Would the fees be too excessive? Set up costs are frightening.
There are a number of benefits to Her Majesty's coffers.
1. All supplies come from Bretonian businesses
2. I pay good wages to over 200 Bretonian Citizens - they pay income tax AND spend their wages throughout Bretonia
3. Miners are happier, healthier more relaxed (as long as they don't imbibe with too much Junkers Joy). Thus they mine faster, longer and make better profits.

The pub is strictly for miners and support craft, and no non miners nor military ships are to dock. However regular patrols of BAF ships are frequently in the area and are a most wonderful sight. However, off duty pilots can come and relax wit' a lovely home-made beverage.

Truly trusting this venture will be found most favourable in your eyes.

Your most humble servant...

PADDY!
Paddy,

We, firstly, must remind you of the Bretonian Charter of Interstellar Law, Chapter 5 - Base Construction and Zoning, Sub-section - 5.3 - Registration Zones for Bases which specifically states:

Quote:For existing bases which are not currently registered and thus deemed illegal, an additional fine up to the registration fee will also be put in place. Permission must always be sought prior to construction being initiated.

And, Sub-section - 5.4 - Base Operational Regulations which specifically states:

Quote:Bases are to be no nearer than 10k from any Mining Field.

Not only did you not seek permission, before building your Base, you also built it in the Mining Field. Therefore your Base has been deemed ILLEGAL.

With this in mind we are refusing your Request and you are being given 72 hours, from this time, to remove your Personnel, Equipment and to de-construct your Base.

You are also required to pay One Hundred (100) Million Credits as a fine for breaking the above Regulations. It can be paid to the Accounts BPA)Gerald.King[CCD] or BPA)Rose.Eddings[CCD]

If you fail to comply, we will inform Her Majesty's Armed Forces and they will complete the job.

To the fine Gentlemen (and Gentlewomen) of her Majesty's Government.

I accept the decision of her Majesties Bretonian Police Authority, and concur. Me lovely pub must now go fer it is indeed in violation of the Laws.
Perhaps 'twas the excess of Junkers Joy that oi consumed, or 'twas the failure of me Lawyer who overlooked the special requirements. But oi canna' blame oither as 'twas meself who embarked upon such a venture.

So, in compliance oi will dismantle me pub, remove th' doilies from th'tables, sack me staff and hock off me chattels.

However, I would ask fer a temporary reprieve - a stay of execution as oi would like to submit th' paperwork fer a new pub, one that the BPA finds satisfactory. That way oi can keep me staff, loyal Bretonians all, be able to transfer me goods and chattels to the new abode and all will be well.

Oi have sacked me lawyer so if oi could possibly have a stay of execution of the 72 hours afore eviction to enable me to submit the proper forms, that would be much appreciated. I asks fer a time extension only until me application is approved or nay, and if approved time t'build me new Pub and transfer me paltry belongings.

To expedite matters oi will submit th' paperwork shortly, as ye deliberate on t'ings regarding a stay.

Much obliged,

Paddy O'Rourke (Miss)
To her Majesties Government Representatives, The Bretonian Police Authority.

I would like to rebuild me Pub, as the present one is marked fer destruction, but according to th' rules and regulations that are pertinent .

Firstly, I am a Junker, born a Dubliner, brought up on Trafalgar as a wee bairn.

Th' name will be Dublin Miners Pub

Th' Pub will be primarily fer miners particularly the smaller operators and will act as a transfer station, a safe haven fer the miners to rest up, maintenance of ships and an opportunity to sell as much Junkers Joy Gold Ore as possible.
Oi seek to establish the new Dublin Miners Pub no closer to the mine field than the required 10k. T'will be approximately 11k from the London Jump hole, directly above the field, (Allowing safe, expedient access and egress to t'h base y'see?).

Apart from officially recognised Bretonian law enforcement agencies: including the BAF|, BIS| and BPA, only approved mining ships and non-hostile transports will have permission to dock. You have my word on that.

Oi wish t'inform you that a deposit of 50,000,000 SC has been deposited in QCG|HMS-Majesty.

So, as there is a pressing matter, of salvaging me doilies, shillelagh collection, keeping me highly trained staff etc before the dreaded deadline, could you possible make this a high priority?

Much obliged to you all

Paddy O'Rourke (Miss)
Miss, Paddy O'Rourke,

It has been noticed, today, that your Base, DUBLIN MINERS PUB, is still in operation even though we told you to dismantle it because it does not comply with the Laws, as laid down in the Bretonian Charter of Interstellar Law, Chapter 5 - Base Construction and Zoning, Sub-section - 5.3 - Registration Zones for Bases.

You have also applied to construct another Base, which would comply to the said Laws. But as of this moment, you have an outstanding fine of One Hundred (100) Million Credits. This was communicated to you in a previous Communication.

Your Request to build another Base is denied until;
a) The Outstanding Fine is paid
b) The dismantling of the DUBLIN MINERS PUB has taken place.

You have 48 hours to comply.

If you do comply, with the above, we can move forward with your Request

If you fail to comply, we will inform Her Majesty's Armed Forces and they will complete the job.

Dear Sir, madam,
I speak on behalf of the Wolle Corporation (represented by Wolle123, Wolle489 and Bob_), who chose me as a spokesperson (//due to language difficulties).

Due to the fact that Bretonia and Rheinland need stronger economic ties in these dark times when gallic invasion can commence any day, and the fact that Paddys mining Club might be facing the buisiness end of a military issue Particle Gun any day, our subgroup of BMM wants to settle in the Dublin sector 2E. If the Miners pub should be pardoned, we will of course position ourselves at the usual distance of at least 10k.

We want to start with a single docking base, for miners and transports alike under the guidance of BMM. Every Bretonian mining corporation as well as any friendly or neutral semi-official mining operation may be granted docking rights.

If anything goes well we might even be expanding the base to offer more services to the Bretonian public.

We would gladly pay the usual fees (please provide contact details) and hope hearing from you -

Proinsias Cassidy, BMM
To Her Majesty's Bretonia Police Authority.

Oi would loike to say I am so surprised at th' attitude taken in regards the Dublin Miners Pub by the BPA. 'Tis the first bit of feedback from BPA. You initially gave me 72 hours to strip all me chattels, sack me staff and to remove all stock and sundries. I did this by the due date as requested, and left it stripped. What a surprise to foind that it not only was still there and not taken out, but volunteers unknown had hired more staff, restocked it and it was full almost with Gold ore. (I kid you not!) And it continues to be supplied by volunteers, and the amount of customers would gladden the heart of any publican in all Sirius.

At th' last count there were well in excess of 50 regular miners and transporters who have requested docking rights, not countin' the various mining factions such as BMF, BMM, Junkers Congress, Gateway|, Bowex, IMG, Kruger (12 factions all told and risin').

'Tis a FREEPUB y'see and there would be NO other privately owned base that is so busy, that has real merit in being there and attracts the interests of miners, transporters, (and scallywags}.

Wouldya look now back at the correspondence and you will see I did ask fer a stay of execution but received no reply at all. And oi fully expected the BPA or the BAF to have done its jobs.

Th' stay of execution would have, if'n oi was permitted to build another pub accordin' to th' rules, an easy transfer of me goods, chattels and staff to th' new pup. Logical roight?

And then there is this perplexing fact. It is busy, and apart from the BPA, not ONE of the bretonian corporations wants it gone. That oi have SO many clients and customers, and so many new start-up miners coming, it defies logic to have it destroyed. BMM, BMF, Gateway, Bowex are MAJOR bretonian corporations that have found it beneficial.

So, does the Bretonian Government not have the discretion to accept that it has great benefit, it is wanted, that if it imposes restrictions (demilitarised, a freepub, regular inspections, Core 1 graded base only, for mining operations only), then why not grant it special status?

Why note have a referendum on it. Canvas the miners, corporations etc if it is to stay or not.

Slan go Foill

Paddy O'Rourke (Miss)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48