Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-15-2014, 07:14 AM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to ask, why are regular commodities resold on so many stations?
Because people complained about it when they weren't.
(05-15-2014, 07:14 AM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't that require bigger effort for locating bugs?
Yes, enormously. It also makes it very risky to change individual commodity prices after the whole system has been balanced and debugged.
aerelm told me to ask whether you would be OK with adding a new commodity that would be used as fuel for Cloaks/Jumpdrives/Hyperscanner and made seperate/independent of economy ( fixed price available on every station )?
Any fuel that is THAT available should not be as good as H-Fuel or MOX, or Promethene Gas, Otherwise....what's the point of having different fuels at all?
(05-25-2014, 07:36 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: [ -> ]Any fuel that is THAT available should not be as good as H-Fuel or MOX, or Promethene Gas, Otherwise....what's the point of having different fuels at all?

Because HFuel is available pretty much everywhere. MOX is perishable and easilly available to lawful forces. Bretonia and Rheinland has it for pennies, while Liberty has it for ~1500 per unit. Kusari is dead as it is with HFuel cheaply obtainable in Honshu at around ~550 per unit.

Removing this commodity from economy would allow proper routes for fuels to be brought back. After all, we already have PoB building commodities seperated from economy.

Balancing dedicated commodity with pricing and duration would be easier than using HFuel, MOX ( Bretonian ), MOX ( Rheinland's ), Deuterium, Oil, Promethene and such.

EDIT: And balancing would be done with the balance team. Xoria is a go-to guy regarding commodities, pricing and availability.
(05-25-2014, 07:24 PM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]aerelm told me to ask whether you would be OK with adding a new commodity that would be used as fuel for Cloaks/Jumpdrives/Hyperscanner and made seperate/independent of economy ( fixed price available on every station )?
That was part of my POB commodity proposal a year ago, so yeah it should happen.
(07-08-2014, 07:24 AM)Knjaz Wrote: [ -> ]In 4.87, MOX, as an important high-efficient fuel resource for cloaks/JDs, has been made available to 3 major Houses on their main Shipyards, as well as Omega 3 IMG Shipyard, Omicron Alpha shipyard, Omicron Gamma shipyard, Zoner shipyard in O47, few Freeports, etc.

Rheinland is the only exception, while at same time being one of the largest MOX producers in Sirius inRP (if I remember things correctly), having it's only MOX sellpoint in God forgotten Koeln.

Hereby, I'm kindly asking you to fix it and add a MOX selling point to either Alster shipyard in Hamburg or Oder Shipyard/The Ring, in front of New Berlin.

At least as a temporary measure until special fuel commodity kicks in, please.

Link to original thread: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=117596
As addition to Knjaz's request - don't forget about unlawful MOX sell point.
Kreuzberg back in days was fine, but since I'm heavy biased - Vogtland would be good option aswell.
The logical unlawful sell point for MOX would be Heisenberg, because it's accessible to all unlawful factions and is located in the same system as the production source, just like Kreuzberg used to be.

The current sell point on that Unioner base is stupid, it's ridiculously out of the way and also not accessible to Bundschuh.
I've asked many times to join the development team. Is such thing possible ?
Maybe PM someone that is in Yellow and say what you can do and why you want to do it. You might get looked into that way. Also, this isn't really the place to be discussing this.