Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We would like to inquire if it is possible to add new commodity for Jump Gate construction sites to make return routes possible (250/s profit rate is fine in such ase). Right now, they don't sell anything and thus makes ~50k cruise till nearest station that has decent commodity rather wasteful. I was thinking something of a "Ageira Space Data" that could be sold back to Pueblo (I suppose that would make it easier to balance) or research stations (harder to balance I assume).

Would this be possible or will it require official faction perk request?
(07-31-2020, 09:27 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]We would like to inquire if it is possible to add new commodity for Jump Gate construction sites to make return routes possible (250/s profit rate is fine in such ase). Right now, they don't sell anything and thus makes ~50k cruise till nearest station that has decent commodity rather wasteful. I was thinking something of a "Ageira Space Data" that could be sold back to Pueblo (I suppose that would make it easier to balance) or research stations (harder to balance I assume).

Unless you can point out one I missed, the gate construction sites allow you to transport crew to a nearby station which then integrates you back into the trade system and make it back to Pueblo in 2 or 3 stops. The Newcastle Site, for example, allows a 3 minute crew transport to Kensington Shipping. Using those options, you can transport raw materials of various sorts to Pueblo.
(08-06-2020, 10:27 PM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2020, 09:27 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]We would like to inquire if it is possible to add new commodity for Jump Gate construction sites to make return routes possible (250/s profit rate is fine in such ase). Right now, they don't sell anything and thus makes ~50k cruise till nearest station that has decent commodity rather wasteful. I was thinking something of a "Ageira Space Data" that could be sold back to Pueblo (I suppose that would make it easier to balance) or research stations (harder to balance I assume).

Unless you can point out one I missed, the gate construction sites allow you to transport crew to a nearby station which then integrates you back into the trade system and make it back to Pueblo in 2 or 3 stops. The Newcastle Site, for example, allows a 3 minute crew transport to Kensington Shipping. Using those options, you can transport raw materials of various sorts to Pueblo.

Ageira sticks to roleplay environment thus avoids transporting "human cargo" after just offloading Ageira White Boxes.
(08-07-2020, 06:48 AM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]Ageira sticks to roleplay environment thus avoids transporting "human cargo" after just offloading Ageira White Boxes.
Please provide a commodity name and infocard for it.
Not sure if this is an easy to answer question, and maybe the general community needs to weigh on it, but how does the Artifact sell point on Nauru affect Artifacts in Gamma? I recall that the Dagger sell point created issues, and I'm concerned if this one might be doing the same. And if that is the case, if it would be possible to implement a different Core-centric Artifact commodity as a workaround.
Do we really need commodity_food_ga, commodity_food_br and commodity_food as separate commodities instead of one commodity_food?
commodity_cardamine and commodity_cardamine_rt. Regular Cardamine and Liberty Cardamine. Why? Nobody knows. Maybe for another useless commudity nobody ever gonna trade
it's for balance reasons
To expand on what Lyth said ^

Regular Cardamine = trade routes from Malta to distribution points. Each run yields a great profit; flipside is long travel distances.
Liberty Cardamine = resale of Cardamine by OC allies straight to House populace. Short travel distances, but much smaller profits.