Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Xoria,

- would it be possible to add Synthpaste buypoints on all Daumann stations? We have long RP about being SynthFoods business partners, it'd be logical we feed our workers with cheap unhealthy Paste, also both corporations hate LWB.

- is Rheinland passenger commodity bought by Sprague? It was something discussed with both Friday and Jamie previously, to allow DHC roleplay out secret colonisation.

- any chance to get "humanitarian aid" commodity, bought in Munich by the planet and Unioner station, Freeport in Theta and planet Gamma? Part of the Munich disaster roleplay is that Daumann secretly directs part of the aid to the Corsairs via Unioners.
(10-24-2013, 06:23 PM)Pavel Wrote: [ -> ]- would it be possible to add Synthpaste buypoints on all Daumann stations? We have long RP about being SynthFoods business partners, it'd be logical we feed our workers with cheap unhealthy Paste, also both corporations hate LWB.
Already there except for The Ring and Oder.
(10-24-2013, 06:23 PM)Pavel Wrote: [ -> ]- is Rheinland passenger commodity bought by Sprague? It was something discussed with both Friday and Jamie previously, to allow DHC roleplay out secret colonisation.
It isn't, but I will add it.
(10-24-2013, 06:23 PM)Pavel Wrote: [ -> ]- any chance to get "humanitarian aid" commodity, bought in Munich by the planet and Unioner station, Freeport in Theta and planet Gamma? Part of the Munich disaster roleplay is that Daumann secretly directs part of the aid to the Corsairs via Unioners.
We are long past the point of creating more commodities.
hey Xoria, how about cargo mission delivery plugin to implement? I can make one in spare time
(10-25-2013, 11:14 AM)massdriver Wrote: [ -> ]hey Xoria, how about cargo mission delivery plugin to implement? I can make one in spare time
Completion in exchange for better reputation with a trade faction, yes I would support that, but not in exchange for cash. This would make it much easier for transports to rep up and achieve faction affiliation while actually trading instead of scrounging for bribes and running combat missions. I did not enjoy my face to face meeting with a swarm of Rogue gunboats in a mission when repping my latest transport.

I could also use a plugin that could restrict certain commodities to ships with less than N cargo. For example, this would allow special contraband that could only be carried on freighters. It would need to use variables of commodity name and maximum cargo size, and it would need to intercept cargo transfers at the commodity dealer and through in-space player to player cargo transfers, as well as tractoring in cargo from space.
(10-25-2013, 05:59 PM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2013, 11:14 AM)massdriver Wrote: [ -> ]hey Xoria, how about cargo mission delivery plugin to implement? I can make one in spare time
Completion in exchange for better reputation with a trade faction, yes I would support that, but not in exchange for cash. This would make it much easier for transports to rep up and achieve faction affiliation while actually trading instead of scrounging for bribes and running combat missions. I did not enjoy my face to face meeting with a swarm of Rogue gunboats in a mission when repping my latest transport.

I could also use a plugin that could restrict certain commodities to ships with less than N cargo. For example, this would allow special contraband that could only be carried on freighters. It would need to use variables of commodity name and maximum cargo size, and it would need to intercept cargo transfers at the commodity dealer and through in-space player to player cargo transfers, as well as tractoring in cargo from space.

Id like to add more, such missions could be only took by a group of players, like 3 transports and 3-4 fighters, all of them will be rewarded on success, delivery missions will be available 1-3 at a time in each region, probably a Sirius wide message could be sent when such mission starts, basically saying its just an event plugin that could organize players for some fun using trade idea
Hello Xoria,

If you have time I would really appreciate to know your point of view regarding this topic.

Many thanks.

-Tibbles
I'd still like to see coffee added as a commodity. I mean, everyone drinks it so everyone buys it yet only few environments are ideal in which to grow it.
A warm, tropical environment is needed. Where in Sirius or Gallia would be suitable?
(03-08-2014, 05:07 PM)Doc Holliday Wrote: [ -> ]I'd still like to see coffee added as a commodity. I mean, everyone drinks it so everyone buys it yet only few environments are ideal in which to grow it.
A warm, tropical environment is needed. Where in Sirius or Gallia would be suitable?

Wouldn't most planets have a fitting ecosystem to some extent? Though some kind of rare® fancy gourmet coffee only coming from a particular planet would be pretty neat, I'll agree. Maybe Planet Carlisle?
(03-08-2014, 05:07 PM)Doc Holliday Wrote: [ -> ]I'd still like to see coffee added as a commodity. I mean, everyone drinks it so everyone buys it yet only few environments are ideal in which to grow it.

+1, there are already tea, there should be coffee too. But i think it's more a French/Spanish drink so an Outcast/Corsairs/Gallic planet should have it.
Hey Xoria,

I was wondering if there was a changelog specifically for the economy changes in Update 6?

EDIT: Oops, used the wrong account. It's Tenspot68 (Michael Trenton)