Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Zoner Pilots and Guard Pilots used to be for sale on Sparta Station before O-74 went poof, if possible can they be re-added for sale on Corinth?
(05-14-2016, 03:03 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]Iridium is still a big problem though. And in fact I've noticed it's not even sold in Gallia anymore either. As Erato said: if for gameplay reasons FP11 has to sell it that's understandable. But now we Core (and Gallic factions too) can't access Iridium at all. Please add a duplicate buy point on Yaren, and also add the Gallic buy point back too. I'm not asking for it to be outright moved (even though that's more logical) because it seems that's not an option for you, but we really need a buy point of our own until Iridium mining is implemented. I.e [BG]'s POB (Invicta Research Complex) can't make Cloak Disruptors.
Iridium is supposed to be resold at Montbrison Storage Facility in Lyonnais, but the code was wrong for some reason, so that will be fixed. I will increase the price at Yaren and set it to resell.

(05-14-2016, 03:03 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]On another note, can Alabama sell MOX and can Durban sell Marines please? Laz tells me Alabama used to sell MOX but no longer does (which I imagine was part of you simplifying routes/buy points), the only place for us to buy it is on a Zoner base which we can't access anymore so this is impactful due to gameplay reasons.
Also can Durban sell Marines? Would be good for roleplay reasons.
Yes to both. MOX was supposed to be sold at Alabama, and somehow I just missed it before and am correcting that now. Note that it will be the type of MOX produced in Rheinland, which is undergoing a name change to Thorium MOX. This will not affect it's usefulness in POBs.

I want to make one thing clear about these changes. If those infocards regarding Iridium, Yaren, and that planet were not already there, Yaren would not be reselling Iridium. I don't want anyone to get the idea that they can get resale points added for POB supplies every time they go off and shoot a faction that inconveniently is their best or only supply of something important. Start shooting-conflicts at your peril!

(05-21-2016, 07:22 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: [ -> ]Zoner Pilots and Guard Pilots used to be for sale on Sparta Station before O-74 went poof, if possible can they be re-added for sale on Corinth?
Somebody on the dev team already asked me about this. They will be available on Shasta for the same price as they were on Sparta.
(05-21-2016, 08:49 PM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]Iridium is supposed to be resold at Montbrison Storage Facility in Lyonnais, but the code was wrong for some reason, so that will be fixed. I will increase the price at Yaren and set it to resell.

Why would the Yaren price be higher? It's the source. It should be equal or less.

It's sold at the FP for gameplay reasons, therefore it's not relevant who Core shoots and doesn't shoot in regards to that commodity (especially when they directly mine it themselves, but I'm speaking generally here). And if you are considering the infocards to be canon now, why would the source buy point be higher?

Although I am intrigued as to what the precise buy point price will be. Also there were more buy points in Rheinland, Liberty, Bretonia and Kusari. Are those supposed to be gone?

Thanks for the MOX though. [BG] will be happy.
(05-21-2016, 08:58 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2016, 08:49 PM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]Iridium is supposed to be resold at Montbrison Storage Facility in Lyonnais, but the code was wrong for some reason, so that will be fixed. I will increase the price at Yaren and set it to resell.

Why would the Yaren price be higher? It's the source. It should be equal or less. It's sold at the FP for gameplay reasons, therefore it's not relevant who Core shoots and doesn't shoot in regards to that commodity (especially when they directly mine it themselves, but I'm speaking generally here).
It is not sold at the Freeport for gameplay reasons. It is sold at the Freeport because that is the origin of the commodity. Iridium is sourced by the Zoners from ambient asteroid mining in the system. The Core does not control the commodity in any respect whatsoever. And neither did the Corsairs when they controlled Yaren.

Apart from that, iridium traffic is priced from Freeport 11, and Yaren is closer to the Kappa jump hole than Freeport 11 is, requiring Yaren's price to be higher regardless of any other consideration. In fact Yaren has always had a higher price for Iridium than Freeport 11, but it will have to increase still further in order to resell.
For some reason Volgograd Ordinance's sell point is on Dabadoru Station rather than Akabat. I'm wondering if we could get the point shifted from Dabadoru to Akabat instead. Smile

Thanks

Tabris
(05-25-2016, 12:16 AM)Tabris Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason Volgograd Ordinance's sell point is on Dabadoru Station rather than Akabat. I'm wondering if we could get the point shifted from Dabadoru to Akabat instead. Smile
Thanks
Tabris
That's because The Order is selling Kemwer Munitions to Zhukovsky Station from Akabat. I'm not going to establish a two-way route like that. The two Order recipients of Volgograd Ordinance are reasonable front-line consumers. In exchange, if you want to give up the Kemwer buypoints in Omega 52, or transfer them to the Coalition base in Omega 55, that would be fine. If so, you might also provide some ideas for other commodities at Kamchatka.
I see. Thank you for the swift response Xoria. For now we'll leave that unchanged until massive changes in either RP or the map that'll require a change. *shrug*

As for Kamchatka there is currently an RP going on with IMG on that front to solve the commodity issue there. We will need Dev Input on it later however once we complete the 'Ground RP' for that via forums. X_X

You can view some of the RP done already here: 55 RP If it goes well it'll be importing alot of stuff like Mining Drills, Food, Water and everything else a small colony/mining operation would need. What it'd export will be determined after the surface survey is done in which case Developers will be consulted and something logical produced in accordance to region/distances. Smile
Posting here in case the post to Teerin got caught up in the red tape:

Here are the suggestions for two commodity sellpoints on Johnson Supply Depot in O-91.

Lead
Ever since the discovery of radiation, lead has been known to be one of the most effective shielding materials. It is the most abundant substance capable of blocking dangerous gamma rays and as such is often purchased by groups or individuals who cannot afford the more expensive alternative - iridium.

Buypoint: Johnson Supply Depot
Sellpoints: Ouray Base, Rochester Base

Holohaptic Gel
Holohaptic gel is a chemical product used on one’s hands which allows for haptic feedback while using holographic displays. The gel, primarily composed of graphite nanoparticles, hardens when coming into contact with a display and provides an illusion of touch.

Buypoints: Johnson Supply Depot
Sellpoints: Luxury Liner Shetland, Atka Research Station, Luxury Liner Antibes

Additionally, here are the commodities we'd like to request to be added to Johnson:
Sells: Lead, Holohaptic Gel, H-Fuel, Crew, Scientists
Buys: Med-Stasis Bands, Mining Machinery, Iridium
Any updates on this?
Xoria, a public question to you.

You seemed to be opposed to the idea that unlawfuls need an on-par trade route. I could agree to that to an extent. Giving each faction at least one comodity of equal profit value as generic ones is more than enough, given that the income on an unlawful ship will be smaller regardless due to them not being able to always use lanes.

About smuggling though, is it possible that, for the sake of example, cardamine sellpoint on, say, Manhattan can be buffed up to 10-15k* per unit (*Due to the absence of 5kers), if the sellpoint to get the comodity is only on Malta and it has only one sellpoint - only on Manhattan, a lawful base. This would rekindle smuggling on freelancer, zoner and Junker ships, rather than unlawful ones, giving police and other lawful players more to do as well.

While the above makes no sense IRP since most of the cardamine goes to Rogues and Junkers in Liberty, it would be a necessary balance-related choice instead. Is it worth the shot?