Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Given 'recent' events, The Core will probably begin to stop mining Iridium for FP11 and instead we'd like to have the sell point moved to Yaren please.
So your expecting the core to just get the only sell point with no RP other than some trolololol'ing ingame?
(05-02-2016, 12:10 AM)The Core Wrote: [ -> ]Given 'recent' events, The Core will probably begin to stop mining Iridium for FP11 and instead we'd like to have the sell point moved to Yaren please.

Yeah no.
Since when does core MINE Iridium?
Lyth Wrote:InRP all the Iridium in Delta is directly mined from Nauru (that The Core controls), transported up to Yaren and then transported to Freeport 11. To reflect recent... 'events', it will probably be best to have the sell point moved to Yaren as I doubt neither The Core nor the Zoners would feel as happy to share Iridium as they did before.

Furthermore this doesn't actually take Iridium out of the Zoner's grasp. In future updates, where Iridium mining is planned, Zoners will wholly get the oppertunity to get the commodity through other factions. Also Iridium isn't the only sell point in the game (although it is the cheapest).

In conclusion, this is simply a logical RP step.

Wanted me to post this. Since the topic was on Core w/e
Cambridge Research Station has med-stasis bands, but the description of the station implies it makes a wider range of medical equipment.

Could CRS have a sellpoint added for something like "medical equipment", or even just a new sell point for the Robotics currently available from Aland in Omega-3 (obviously for a higher price)?
(05-02-2016, 12:18 AM)Genexus Wrote: [ -> ]Since when does core MINE Iridium?

(05-02-2016, 12:16 AM)Drrobe Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah no.

Don't shoot the messenger, but uh...

IDS 525186 Wrote:Planet Nauru is a warm, bone-dry desert world . . . Initial surveys detected huge amounts of Iridium ore in the planetary crust . . . The Corsairs eventually constructed a number of mining bases in conjunction with the Zoners in order to extract the Iridium, which is a critical component in antimatter based weaponry.

IDS 525113 Wrote:Orbiting the planet Nauru in the Omicron Delta system, Yaren Base was one of the Corsairs' most distant outposts. Built in 812 A.S. to better facilitate the construction of planet-side mining camps and research installations, Yaren Base has since been expanded to include ship repair and refuelling capabilities . . . Yaren has since been of much lesser significance for the Corsairs.

The Core, an elite military force, took the insignificant focus of the Corsairs on Yaren as a chance and annexed the station in an attempt to secure themselves more parts at the crossroads to the upper Omicron systems. Most of the Iridium mined in the captured facilities on Nauru gets transported up to Yaren and then either onto Freeport 11 or into Omicron Rho to sell it in borderworlds, edge worlds and sometimes even in the houses, or to use it in their own shipyards. Given this newfound outpost, the Core seeks to expand their grasp onto the planets resources and colonize the desert world.
Quote:Given 'recent' events, The Core will probably begin to stop mining Iridium for FP11 and instead we'd like to have the sell point moved to Yaren please.

Quote:Most of the Iridium mined in the captured facilities on Nauru gets transported up to Yaren and then either onto Freeport 11 or into Omicron Rho to sell it in borderworlds, edge worlds and sometimes even in the houses, or to use it in their own shipyards. Given this newfound outpost, the Core seeks to expand their grasp onto the planets resources and colonize the desert world.

Could we pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease finally see roleplay around all these dev-side changes from the factions that are involved?!
Come on. The potential is huge!

And it is an absolute no-go to play this game by dev-requests to change info-cards and sell points... without any visible forum roleplay.
I am not saying it does not make sense, BUT it is the Core's responsibility as a faction to document, explain and offer roleplay about these changes.

Badly done, and I hope it gets denied unless good roleplay is offered.

Scenes that come to the mind:

> 1 thread: planetside fighting (Sairs do not just go like: Ye, my mine... here... have it.)
> 1 thread: trade agreements on how to settle this... oh... with Zoners... gg... it's a little late for that, is it?
> ... do something!

It is really sad, sad, sad to see the waste of potential!
If you want to play a "command & conquer game of taking resources to win", Disco is the wrong game for you.

~ Jack, disappointed
Re: Planetside fighting:
In lore the Corsairs were abandoning Yaren, Nauru and Delta in order to (most likely) focus their efforts on fighting the Hessians in the Omegas. A planetary war for them would have been pointless, hence why the taking on Nauru is seen more as an exterminiation of the previous settlers (that hadn't jumped at the chance to leave the planet already) rather than there being any sort of war. There actually is a thread documenting the (BHG) Core's exploits on Nauru, and the Corsair official fations at the time as far as we know where aware of this RP and this was all done with the devs at the time on board too. In all honesty the Delta storyline events were pretty silly and were only done to make some activity and help promote Order activity in the lower Omicrons. From a lore pov though they make almost zero sense.

Re: Iridium:
What more is there to say? The Zoners went hostile to The Core, so they won't have any more Iridium delivered to Freeport 11. That's pretty much it. There doesn't need to be any extravagant forum threads or roleplay regarding the sellpoint adjustment. It's just a logical, reasonable, change and conclusion due to recent events.
(05-08-2016, 05:44 PM)GuapMan Wrote: [ -> ]The Zoners went hostile to The Core

Wasn't it The Core going hostile to The Zoners?