Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please, add Sirius Credit Cards of all values buyable on big economical centres (capital planets, tradecentres). Will help to create immersive RP situations.
Why does Freeport 5, in Omega-41 - you know, the neutron star system - buy solar panels at the highst price?
(09-19-2019, 09:18 AM)Thexare Wrote: [ -> ]Why does Freeport 5, in Omega-41 - you know, the neutron star system - buy solar panels at the highst price?
Tey are dieing there very fast?
(09-20-2019, 09:19 AM)Nightowl Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2019, 09:18 AM)Thexare Wrote: [ -> ]Why does Freeport 5, in Omega-41 - you know, the neutron star system - buy solar panels at the highst price?
Tey are dieing there very fast?
He means, that radiation of neutron star probably have spectrum and flux properties, not much compatible with photoelements regimes of electricity generation.

Use this star as free source of needed gamma rays for photodisintegration processes seems probably more perspective.
Space Prison ReWork

The goal of this post is to propose a set of economic changes for DiscoveryGC to add that would not only boost Police Activity options, but would also encourage inter house Police Rp.

1. 5 Fugitive Commodities will be added to the game. These are a recycled contraband commodity.

A. One for each house, and each one is going to a location that they will most likely be safe at. Ex: Bretonia -> Kusari; Liberty -> Gallia; Rheinland -> Kusari and obviously Vice Versa .

B. These would additionally have a small price on the primary prison station/planet of that house.

C. To be sold on Capital Quasi-Lawful bases and capital planets

2. Criminals to be added to Border Stations across Sirius.

A. These would act as general stand ins for everything from Lane Hackers and Rogues to Corsairs and Outcasts. Their primary sellpoints would be at the house adjacent to the border station’s locations. Ex: Kingston’s Criminals would go to Liberty as they are likely Rogues/Hackers brought into custody to be extradited.

3. Prisoners would be turned into a Alcohol-esque commodity.

A. From Capital Planets to be taken to Prison Stations/Worlds/Corporate Stations to serve out their sentences.Ex: Graves BR,Planet Holstein RH, Planet Junyo KU, Planet Orleans GA, Sugarland LI
Not sure if this was an oversight but the only place to buy Blue Diamonds is currently on Bonn Station for 3220. Not sure if this has to do with the Gallic Political Shake Up, or just an oversight.
I've noticed Galveston Outpost not buying or selling anything at all. I've not requested anything back then either.

So I want to make a few suggestions. It's a forward outpost under construction. So probably weaponry and construction materials.
Buy
Black Market Munitions possibly and/or Light Arms.
Light Arms
Food Rations | It buys Water and Oxygen already.
H-Fuel
Basic Alloy
Crew?
Pharmaceuticals
Liberty Ale

Pilots - Sep but also Navy and so on

Sell
Either the black market ammo or something else.
Hull Segments? Houston and Rochester sell it. Could provide a third faction to buy from like it is for the rest of the pob repairs. - Just an idea.

Wedel in Hamburg used to sell Hull Segments. And we even rped with the Unioners about their supply.
Any plan to give them to Vierlande? Or to another unlawful source? Thank you.
Now that Canberra Star City is implemented as a canon thing, I would like to request economy on behalf of Natio Octavarium. While I do have this ordered in a somewhat rigid way, I'm not too set on the exact specifics as long as the basic ideas are represented. I apologize for the size of this, but the base has no economy just yet.

It's effectively a freeport, catering specifically to the shadier elements and those who would want to make contact with them. As such, I'd like for it to be a decent dropoff point for a wide range of cargo, including as a fence for piracy.

Notable Things To Sell:
We can sell more if you feel it's appropriate, but these are the most important ones for our current RP
Food Rations
As addressed here, we grow our own food, and produce enough to export some. Our local production likely doesn't qualify as Luxury, and selling Luxury could conflict with one of our imports.
Counterfeit Software
We had, in previous negotiations, made a deal with the Lane Hackers including our distribution of their counterfeit software. While the price wouldn't be great due to distance from production, it would be following up on RP.
Engine Components
We have some ship-related production going on on Canberra, and while much of it is for maintenance of our own ships, it makes sense that we would also sell some. Engine Components were chosen because they're sold relatively nearby, so the price would be relatively low; it'd fit fine within the formula, even at a slightly higher price than the current origin in Honshu.

Imports of specific interest:
Industrial Materials
As per Project DORIC we're working on a shipyard. We'll need plenty of equipment.
Light Arms, Side Arms, Black Market Light Arms, Black Market Munitions, Volgograd Ordnance
For local resale, These could also theoretically be set to be sold by the base (except VO, presumably); the prices would obviously be grossly inflated due to distance from production, but it fits our arms dealing history (see also, Leeds resistance).
Luxury Food and Kyushu Rice
As mentioned in the previously-linked Gaian comm, we import rice from Kyushu and various foods farmed on Cambridge.
Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Goods
Always in demand.
Cardamine
While I know we're very close to Malta and this wouldn't be terribly profitable as a result, I feel this is important to represent the small portion of our population that is addicted to Cardamine.
HydroGro
Much like Cardamine, this wouldn't be a very high-value thing, but it follows up on established RP and could therefore be a thematically-appropriate filler commodity for a run if nothing else.
Various Booze
I mean, former pirates.

Imports We Don't Want:
While we're big on a lot of contraband, we do have specific things we shouldn't get.
Slaves
Despite our friendliness with Malta, NO generally maintains a very anti-slavery stance; even as far back as Kansas, we helped re-home slaves that the Bundschuh had freed. Sorry for the lack of hard evidence here, but the actual in-game encounter was by another member; doesn't seem like a huge deal anyway.
Artifacts
Shortly after we settled in Kansas, the object in the Tuttle Creek Nebula became a problem for us. Shortly after relocating to Tau-44, the Wild became a problem for us. We're not taking chances on any alien objects.

POB Commodities:
Not part of the economy proper, but still of interest. My requests are below:
Armaments
Ties into earlier mentions of arms dealing.
Fusion Diodes
As explained in Report: CORINTHIAN, we're quite familiar with fancy reactors, and would likely be producing components to fix our own. Additionally, this would provide the only non-lawful buy point for a commodity that's vital to any POB.

Captain Morgan, our 1iC, also has expressed a desire for a passenger-related component, and suggested Colonists as an inbound commodity and one of the other ones outbound.
Please move Bio-Neural Processors sellpoint to Prudhoe Skunk Works

Otherwise this station in Alaska is useless in terms of visiting more than once.
At a glance, the previous two requests appear to be relevant and responsible changes and I will incorporate them when possible.