Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cryer is not involved in the artifacts trade, they simply have an understanding with Corsairs in regards to protection against the Outcasts, as Peregrine said.
Yes, but we deliver meds to Corsairs in exchange for artifacts for research.

Sent from my ONE TOUCH IDOL MINI using Tapatalk
(02-08-2016, 08:39 AM)Protégé Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but we deliver meds to Corsairs in exchange for artifacts for research.

Sent from my ONE TOUCH IDOL MINI using Tapatalk

[Citation Needed], really. I'm pretty familiar with both Corsair and Cryer infocards, and neither of those imply anything more than some kind of informal neutrality/non-agression 'pact' as part of the Sigmas war. The nature of the relationship may have changed recently, which I'd understand, but as far as I'm aware, the situation described here is not represented in-game. Unless that's a more recent player development that has been roleplayed on the forums? But I'm not sure any link towards that was provided in the thread.

EDIT: A secondary problem is that this brings a somewhat 'conflicting' interest between OS&C and Cryer. Now, I understand that conflict is good, but we also have to make sure that each different factions have incentives for people to join them. Consider the liberties of the Cryer ID: PvP wise, it's pretty much a Lawful Corsair ID, since you can use it to hunt Outcasts and their allies everywhere within Sirius. That's already one benefit Cryer has over OS&C. The artifact, illicit aspect of OS&C is one of the few roleplay gems they have. Cryer has plenty of space to have shady activities, let OS&C keep what they have.
(02-07-2016, 05:41 PM)Protégé Wrote: [ -> ]The problem with Synthetic Marijuana is that in most cases the prices are nearly the same as Stabiline. I personally would really welcome some unlawful buypoints on Outcasts or Rogue bases that could give smugglers an incentive to obtain the weed and then give Cryer an opportunity to shoot them.
Outcasts have 0 interest in synth weed, it being both a product of Cryer, and an "alternative" to Cardamine on the drug market. As an interdiction sellpoint, maybe but at present the Junkers would have more interest in it than us, but at that point OCs would be more liable to destroy any synth weed and save themselves the trouble. Outcast ships hauling synth weed makes absolutely 0 sense.

Last I checked the rogues didn't care for it either, but you'd have to ask someone more versed in the workings of the Rogue to confirm.
TL;DR Poke spazzy.
I don't think the Rogues have any particular ideological tie to any individual drug. They're a seething mass of degenerates who'll smoke, snort or sell anything they can get their hands on.

Their cooperation with the Outcasts stems from that - a combination of hedonism and personal profit. Not because they buy into the Outcast manifesto.

Cardimine is just a party drug they enjoy taking and cash in from selling.
(02-08-2016, 06:33 PM)Pinko Wrote: [ -> ][Citation Needed], really. I'm pretty familiar with both Corsair and Cryer infocards, and neither of those imply anything more than some kind of informal neutrality/non-agression 'pact' as part of the Sigmas war. The nature of the relationship may have changed recently, which I'd understand, but as far as I'm aware, the situation described here is not represented in-game. Unless that's a more recent player development that has been roleplayed on the forums? But I'm not sure any link towards that was provided in the thread.
The relationship between Wisp and the Brotherhood has indeed become quite a bit more cordial, generally thanks to this deal. I was also talking to one of the TBH leaders (you're going to excuse me that I don't precisely remember who that was as those have changed recently quite a few times) and during our conversation he mentioned that Cryer did indeed have some sort of a deal with Corsairs.

(02-08-2016, 06:33 PM)Pinko Wrote: [ -> ]The artifact, illicit aspect of OS&C is one of the few roleplay gems they have. Cryer has plenty of space to have shady activities, let OS&C keep what they have.
The problem is one of the few viable Cryer trade routes is as follows:
> Stabiline to Denver, Colorado
> Pharmaceuticals to Cambridge
> Med-Stasis Bands to Crete
And here we hit a bit of a bottleneck. Going empty from Crete to Atka doesn't help, so the only exportable commodity is the Artifacts. Now we take it to Hawaii and bring Consumer Goods back, however it would make a lot more sense for the Artifacts to be immediately sellable at Atka, which makes both iRP sense (research) and ooRP one (closing the route).
(02-08-2016, 08:29 PM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ][...]mass of degenerates who'll smoke, snort or sell anything they can get their hands on.[...]

P'much.
(02-11-2016, 07:07 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: [ -> ]====================
Type: Commodity
Bug: Pueblo Station Doesn't Sell Magnetic Superconductors, the PoB build item
====================

Here and Here and Here

No, nor should it. - Xoria

I disagree that the only place in Liberty to buy Magnetic Superconductors is from a Junker Base, I would think that the Ageria base in Colorado would be more in lore than coming off a station run by scrappers. I would like the point brought back to where it was
(02-13-2016, 05:33 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2016, 07:07 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: [ -> ]====================
Type: Commodity
Bug: Pueblo Station Doesn't Sell Magnetic Superconductors, the PoB build item
====================

Here and Here and Here

No, nor should it. - Xoria

I disagree that the only place in Liberty to buy Magnetic Superconductors is from a Junker Base, I would think that the Ageria base in Colorado would be more in lore than coming off a station run by scrappers. I would like the point brought back to where it was
I originally thought you must be looking at Pueblo Bonito, since the game files clearly show Magnetic Superconductors for sale at Pueblo Station in Colorado. I've changed nothing, so someone else must have removed it from the server via FLHook. I can't imagine why.
Just wanted to say "Thank You" for the fast addition of the IMG buy-points necessary for the rp Wink
Cool stuff. Smile