Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Zoners are the ones who banned Core from their bases.
(05-08-2016, 11:34 PM)GuapMan Wrote: [ -> ]Zoners are the ones who banned Core from their bases.

People don't to let in their home those who've shot at it with cannons, what a shock! This is outrageous, how dare they?

EDIT: Maybe you could try knocking on the door a bit less intensely next time.
Something weird I've just noticed

BLUE DIAMONDS

Diamonds that contain trace amounts of boron may possess a blue tinge. While diamonds are typically excellent electrical insulators, blue diamonds can function as semiconductors. This feature, combined with their natural hardness and resilience against damage, make blue diamonds useful in various energy related applications. Blue diamonds also are valued as gems and are as useful as other diamonds in industrial functions such as diamond drill bits for mining machinery.

These are only sold in Gallia, but

CLASS: Sanctuary
GRAVITY: Partial
DOCKING: Yes
AMENITIES: Limited
POPULATION: 900

Built in 288 A.S., shortly after the construction of the New Berlin to Dresden Jump Gate, Bautzen Station supports the Kruger Minerals mining operations in the Dresden system. Smaller than the rival Daumann facility at Leipzig, Kruger chose to focus solely on the extraction of Diamonds from the shifting clouds and rogue asteroids that populate Dresden, particularly in the Schwefelnebel. It is from here that the famous blue diamonds, also known as "Hessian Tears" originated, mined from the lava fields of Dresden by Kruger miners. The vast majority of the diamonds mined in Dresden are used in industrial drills, as their quality is usually not good enough for the luxury goods markets.

It says they're mined on Bautzen station in Dresden. It's a little weird, i'm unsure if this is some kind of oversight or if this is simply giving Gallia more trading commodities.
(05-08-2016, 11:36 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2016, 11:34 PM)GuapMan Wrote: [ -> ]Zoners are the ones who banned Core from their bases.

People don't to let in their home those who've shot at it with cannons, what a shock! This is outrageous, how dare they?

EDIT: Maybe you could try knocking on the door a bit less intensely next time.

Yes. Both sides to hostile to each other based on recent events. What else do you want to regurgitate that isn't new?
Well, "both sides" being "hostile to each other based on recent events" sounds more honest and accurate than just "The Zoners went hostile to The Core", at least it covers the whole picture of the current state. Thank you for your self-correction, I appreaciate it.
I said it in another thread, and I'll say it again Guap - Zoners are not hostile to Core, nor do they want to be. Core sieged a Freeport, so we locked docking access so they wouldn't send in Core marines or something to try to take over. Locking your door to someone is not the same as being hostile to them, please get your facts straight.Both sides are not hostile to one another. Zoners want to be left alone, not be "hostile". Not sure how many times people have to tell you that.

Regardless, probably not the best thread to have this argument.
(04-05-2016, 09:26 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]I think it'd be a good idea to split up Advanced Hardware a bit more into specific cargo. This will create many more oppertunities for roleplay for both Core and other factions, as well as hopefully creating activity. I was inspired by Peregrine's post and so I thought of a bunch of other commodities that could be exported from Core bases. Pre-emptively though, it'd be good to delete APM Advanced Hardware then introduce these commodities. And in the case of AP-VROOMs it'd be good if you could remove the buy/sell points for Military Vehicles from Alabama Shipyard please.

P'much, rather than having APM Advanced Hardware as a single, poorly explained, cramped commodity I thought it'd be better to split it up to encourage roleplay and route variation. I also think AP-AUGs will be cool because although NPCs do have some physical implants and the like, we don't actually have any commodities to represent this. Hopefully it will also create ethical dilemmas with the Sirian populace too.
No, we're not splitting this contraband into multiple commodities. Instead just think of it as consumer goods meets armaments.

(04-07-2016, 12:55 AM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]The Order requests an update to the Kemwer munitions in respond to RP developments on line of this contraband item.

Liberty & Surroundings
- Rochester base, NY (Junkers, black market)
- Beamount base, Texas (junkers, black market)
- Outpost Hesperia, California (Hellfire Legion, new client)
- Sabah Shipyard, Coronado (Colonial Remnant, another client)
- Prices on Buffalo, NY are way off, is that intended? This base is completely useless to trade with that way.

Gallia
- Beaumont base, Il-De-France (Brigands, black market)
- Avon hideout, Il-De-France (Unione Corse, black market)
- Monaco Base, Provence (Unione Corse, black market)

Omegas
- Zhukowski station, Omega 52 (SCRA, recently signed peace with Order)
- Gran Canaria, Omega 49 (Zoners, the planet should remain in constant fear of invading force and arm appropriately)

Sigmas
- Kurile, Sigma 17 - GMG docking satellite - given it is freighter only it could get some rise in profitability.
- Newport, Sigma 13 (Freelancer, black market)

On top of that, capital planet of each house should get an extra profit bonus to reward house authorities in acquiring that cargo from smugglers, or whoever manages to sneak past and land bunch of Kemwer planet-side without being spotted. Kemwer should also receive slightly more expensive resale point at Meshkenet station in Omicron Zeta.
All done except for Kurile and Newport. Both are back door routes that have almost zero chance of interdiction, and I'm unclear about what is happening with Kurile's two bases right now so I don't want to mess with it's commodities.

(04-24-2016, 10:57 PM)Impyness Wrote: [ -> ]While I understand the logic behind it, would it be possible to either have the Reinforced Alloy sellpoint on the Zoner base in Pennsylvania moved to the Junker base in the system, or an additional one added to it? The Junker base in Texas is also another possible choice. I bring this up because currently there isn't really a good sellpoint for unlawfuls in Liberty.

The Zoner base is right next to the lanes and that base actually does have Liberty capital / gunboat patrols near it.
I will add it at Allentown also.
Until Impyness pointed it out, I didn't realize blue diamonds were referenced at Bautzen. The Blue Diamonds mined in Gallia are definitely not Hessian Tears. This is pure coincidence.

AFC's request to remove the decay rate on entertainers is done.

I still have the Coalition contraband request and passenger routes to review. I don't expect either will make it into the next update unless it is delayed substantially further, which I doubt any of us want.

Also, there will be no change to the sourcing of Iridium. That commodity was specifically created to be sourced from Freeport 11. Any infocards conflicting with that are inaccurate. Whether or not it is mined by players is irrelevant.
(05-10-2016, 01:51 AM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]Also, there will be no change to the sourcing of Iridium. That commodity was specifically created to be sourced from Freeport 11. Any infocards conflicting with that are inaccurate. Whether or not it is mined by players is irrelevant.

So, just to confirm, does this invalidate the Core's claims that they have a monopoly on Iridium mining in the Omicrons?
(05-10-2016, 02:05 AM)Kaghuros Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2016, 01:51 AM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]Also, there will be no change to the sourcing of Iridium. That commodity was specifically created to be sourced from Freeport 11. Any infocards conflicting with that are inaccurate. Whether or not it is mined by players is irrelevant.

So, just to confirm, does this invalidate the Core's claims that they have a monopoly on Iridium mining in the Omicrons?
Anyone can claim anything they want to claim, but the commodity's sale point is remaining at FP 11. How you all explain, complain, or threaten each other about that is entirely up to you.
Well, surely there's some reason why this is the case right? I understand that from your perspective it's primarily a gameplay mechanics issue, dealing with routes being available to a selection of factions with access to varying bases across Sirius, but I assumed there was a canonical background to the idea when you said that the infocards stating that Iridium coming from elsewhere are incorrect.

If that's the case, will we be seeing a change to infocards in the update to reflect the actual location of mining efforts?