Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-06-2016, 08:37 PM)Vito Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to be able to buy artifacts from Alcudia Supply Station in Omicron Lambda, for a price between the one on Crete and the one on Lagos in Sigma 13. Yes, I am directly interested in it but I don't think anyone would mind more activity in Lambda/Munich, especially the two new factions (CTC and IR) that are based in that area.

Lambda is being amalgamated into 94 and won't exist for much longer. I doubt trade requests for there will be processed exactly as requested, although there will certainly be a (far more interesting) system occupying the same space. I imagine something to do with artifacts could be sorted in that respect? I seem to recall xoria saying that resale points cause a lot of grief though.
(02-06-2016, 08:37 PM)Vito Wrote: [ -> ]I would love to be able to buy artifacts from Alcudia Supply Station in Omicron Lambda, for a price between the one on Crete and the one on Lagos in Sigma 13. Yes, I am directly interested in it but I don't think anyone would mind more activity in Lambda/Munich, especially the two new factions (CTC and IR) that are based in that area.
This will depend primarily on how the geography works out. You may have to remind me of this after those changes are released.
So Synthetic Marijuana.

I understand it is a product of Cryer but I cannot help be see it is also sold on Lagos Depot for 499. Looking at the unlawful-unlawful base routes I can only see that this sells best on a Gaian base in Newcastle for 3180. I would love to know if you'd be interested in finding another place to smuggle the commodity to? Would be cool to have it at the same level as other contraband. (Plus i do not understand that Gaians sniff? Tongue )
(02-07-2016, 12:05 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]So Synthetic Marijuana.

I understand it is a product of Cryer but I cannot help be see it is also sold on Lagos Depot for 499. Looking at the unlawful-unlawful base routes I can only see that this sells best on a Gaian base in Newcastle for 3180. I would love to know if you'd be interested in finding another place to smuggle the commodity to? Would be cool to have it at the same level as other contraband. (Plus i do not understand that Gaians sniff? Tongue )
It is not contraband and I wouldn't consider them smuggling routes.
(02-07-2016, 03:14 AM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2016, 12:05 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]So Synthetic Marijuana.

It is not contraband and I wouldn't consider them smuggling routes.

So basically Rheinland (kinda), Liberty, Bretonia, Gallia, Outcasts, Blood Dragons, CR, and Kusari view it as contraband. I am pretty sure it actually is.

Edit: And im pretty sure wherever the GMG laws are there is a line there that says it is illegal in sigmas too Tongue
In all or nearly all cases Cryer ships can transport Synthetic Marijuana legally, therefore it is not contraband. It's in the same category as Gate & Trade Lane Parts, Light Arms, or any other "restricted" or "licensed" commodity.
(02-07-2016, 04:25 PM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]In all or nearly all cases Cryer ships can transport Synthetic Marijuana legally, therefore it is not contraband. It's in the same category as Gate & Trade Lane Parts, Light Arms, or any other "restricted" or "licensed" commodity.

But if one gets the weed from a unlawful base and then smuggles it to another unlawful base where a cryer cannot dock to, would that not be considered? Cryer would not be able to do a unlawful to unlawful base haul. It would be for smugglers.
It is elevated that cryer can shoot people that have the commodity too or reported to authorities.
Last time I checked as well, it is quite difficult to get a license for the commodity anyway.
(02-07-2016, 04:25 PM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]In all or nearly all cases Cryer ships can transport Synthetic Marijuana legally, therefore it is not contraband. It's in the same category as Gate & Trade Lane Parts, Light Arms, or any other "restricted" or "licensed" commodity.
The problem with Synthetic Marijuana is that in most cases the prices are nearly the same as Stabiline. I personally would really welcome some unlawful buypoints on Outcasts or Rogue bases that could give smugglers an incentive to obtain the weed and then give Cryer an opportunity to shoot them.

Additionally, I would like to put forward a suggestion of adding an Artifacts buypoint to Atka Research Station. They are a part of one of our traderoutes and they currently are bought at Hawaii. Selling them there though doesn't make much sense for Cryer transports.
(02-07-2016, 05:41 PM)Protégé Wrote: [ -> ]
The problem with Synthetic Marijuana is that in most cases the prices are nearly the same as Stabiline. I personally would really welcome some unlawful buypoints on Outcasts or Rogue bases that could give smugglers an incentive to obtain the weed and then give Cryer an opportunity to shoot them.

Additionally, I would like to put forward a suggestion of adding an Artifacts buypoint to Atka Research Station. They are a part of one of our traderoutes and they currently are bought at Hawaii. Selling them there though doesn't make much sense for Cryer transports.

Like I mentioned, Lagos Depot in S-13 has them for 499. Rogues i think dont have a rep hack for corsairs being red (i think) so I guess you do work with that?
Unione Corse also has a buy price in Champagne for 917.
As for outcasts though... they got the orange... would they really be in the market for weed too? It would be rather weak to them, i'd think, and Cross has it as illegal in their laws.

As for Artifacts, Lagos Depot again has them for 1819 which is close to Atka. If i understand correctly, Cryer have some relations with Corsairs so they can do there, no?
Do you mean sorted artifacts from Hawaii?

Edit: Pretty much all im asking for is maybe somewhere that is an unlawful base that would buy the weed for like ~5000 or something in the same spirit as Artifacts at least. I'm sure my AFC guys would be one of several that would be interested.

Cryer chasing AFC for the weed? Sounds interesting and fun!
(02-07-2016, 05:41 PM)Protégé Wrote: [ -> ]

Both suggestions seem a little odd. I would think as a drug competing in the market of the Outcasts, it would not be the most attractive commodity for them or their associates. Perhaps redirecting these efforts from the OC/Rogues to the Molly/Hessian/Coalition would make it more interesting for smugglers diversification of markets, as well as keeping it opposed by OC and Cryer (?).

As for the Artifacts, the suggestion is even more bizarre. The artifact commerce is a Corsair thing, and it works in the sigmas mostly in collaboration with the Hogosha, and having OS&C as an exchange entity.
While I don't see Cryer and Corsairs butting heads with each other, I also don't see reason to insert Cryer into the artifact trading business.