Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-25-2016, 09:18 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, Xoria.
The unforseen but pleasurable side-effect to the Delegate-Refugee route was that a lot of players, after both LPI and RFP implemented laws regarding human transportation in non-liner ships, started using Spa and Cruise IDs and Liners.

Since the Delegate-Refugee route is about to be removed, can it be replaced with an above-average route for these ships in particular? At a level that is around a 5ker's profit, but one that can be naturally controlled by house-laws and police IDs when used by players who do not fly those ships?

You could keep the route, but just add a few more buy/sellpoints (esp. in other houses) and bring the profit margins in line with everything else. Involve the Kusari too, why not, and maybe Bretonians as well. You could ship Ambassadors to the Kusari, Military Advisors to Bretonia, Political Refugees out of Bretonia & Kusari...
Sooooo VIPs...
My Freelancer Companion doesn't say it sells anywhere and on FLStat it is outdated info about it.
Would there be changes with VIPs I am not aware of?
V.I.P's were moved to Curacao, see here
Oh well...
also my FlStat has all the new passengers, when was the last time you reloaded the Ini Files?
Would it be possible to add a sellpoint for Synthetic Marijuana to the Luxury Liner Barbados in Vespucci? I meant to request this awhile ago but got thoroughly sidetracked.
Hello Xoria!

Order, ALG and IMG want to assist each other and therefore we want to request the following additions of selling points to represent this new axis ingame. This is the economic followup of the Omicron conflict that rocked the Omicrons when FP11 was targetted by Core.

I am requesting these changes together with (Golanski, Order| leader) and we have also discussed it with , the ALG leader. He will write up his own post, as it is not so much concerned with NPC commodities.

Can you please add Selling points for...

> Drill Bits, Mining Machinery, Niobium, Beryllium, Titanium on Planet Akabat, the Order's "public" trade center in Omicron Mu?

Reasoning:

Quote:IMG| point of view: The IMG wants to support the Order's planetary and in space mining development by supplying them with high quality mining technology and know-how that IMG as frontier mining experts have access to, but Order does not. This is the main point that the Guild wants to focus on, so if you cannot do all the selling points in this request, Mining Machinery and Drill Bits would be the most essential for the roleplay.

Furthermore, the IMG produces the refined ore types (NPC base commodities: Niobium / Beryillium), and would of course try to ship them to the new allies in the Omicrons. As ore (refined) is the prime product and the Order has a big demand in raw materials for their expanding industrial sector, we think it makes a lot of sense. Titanium is not IMG-produced, but in O3 and therefore readily available for IMG access, so we would offer to provide Order with this refined material, too. All other IMG-produced refined ores (not mined ones) are already sold on Akabat, so only these would need to be added.

Quote:Order point of view: The Order is expanding its industrial sector beyond simply manufacturing equipment for itself and for few allies they have. Rich deposits of Akabat opened up mines of exportable palladium, iridium also looms within their immediate sphere of influence that has long since been expertise of The Order who forged it into their basic hulls and armor. Kemwer was more risky move: contraband intended to outclass other weapons on the market and provide even more funding, assets and influence to The Order Sirius wide.

However there are some lackings. Despite technical know-how of mining operations and processing ores into hardware, The Order are not manufacturers of mining equipment neccesary to harvest what they are given in nature. Omicrons produce few and are reliant on commodities mostly accessible in the house space in exchange for those risky and expensive exotic exports that The Order is investing into.

IMG would also like to request a selling point outside of all House space for Order's Kemwer Munitions on Falkland in Tau 37.

Quote:IMG and Order have a deal in which Order supports IMG in the Taus against Nomad incursions. With the link between OC and Nomads, the Order is very much a great help for the IMG, not only with ships, but also with knowhow on aliens, etc. Not only these Order agents/ships stationed in the non-Gallic Taus, but also the IMG would be more effective if they had the high tech weaponry. That's why I would like to see a selling point of the Order's high tech export weaponry on an IMG base.

Thank you in advance!

Jack, Omicron
Am I to expect another post related to the last one with details about commodities, because I would prefer to wait and do everything at once if that is the case?
: As stated in my PM, that's all.

QuinnZai

Hello Xoria.

A question regarding the Xenos. Before, we had access to Black Market Munitions on Ouray when there was a Libertonian version of them. We could buy them at a slightly higher price than the Junkers sold it at Rochester and trade them to Corsairs which was a pretty old smuggling route that we have had for a few years now. Now, there is a new Libertonian version called Black Market Light Arms that are sold on Detroit and Rochester just like before, but the sell point on Ouray was not added for us.

There shouldn't be any need to balance this commodity as Rochester and Ouray are not far from each other and this used to be an existing commodity we had for smuggling in the past. Is there any chance we could have our sell point for Black Market Light Arms on Ouray please?