Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Operative.Wolfgang.Weisen.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: dcr9Wjn.png][Image: 2.png]

I am deeply sorry my flower.

The hacking is traditionally conducted by members of the Intelligence specialization however all of them have been busy spying various factions involved in the latest confict in Bering system. I should also admit that we've lost most interest when you informed us that the H-fuel cloud that it is going to be operate in will yield low results, making some of us wonder why this urgency from GC if there are so little gains.

We will accept your proposal but with a minor addendum; The monthly deliveries will last for a full year but after the three-month period your compensation will be doubled to 2,000 SC per unit.

In the meantime I am on my way to Kusari right now. We can travel together to this Gas miner and do this work properly and quickly.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
[Image: GC_bla.png]

Kon'nichiwa again, Mr. Weisen.

I am wondering if you expected possible results like they are common in the Sigma Cluster. May I remind you that Samura only operates their Gas Miners within Hokkaido because it is the only real source of He-3 besides the Sigma clouds?
And the urgency behind this request is due to purely economical reasons. It would provide us with a considerably large storage facility well within the normal reach of our patrols, a facility able to be obtained with far less resources needed than the construction of an actual outpost takes.

Your terms are acceptable though and I look forward to welcoming you. You may provide me with details about your arrival through private channels. I will be waiting on Ainu for you then.

Thank you for your reply, Mr. Weisen.

[Image: FZ7he12.png]
Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

---------------Welcome, Arbeiter ---------------

[Image: DqTsgJZ.gif]
Arbeitsdirektor Corin Frei

Incoming Transmission
[Image: t4wyEVc.png]
Unionised Peoples of Syndicalist Advocacy

To: The Lane Hackers
Subject: Counteracting conspiracies.

Unpacking videofile...
Scanning for malware...
Linking attachments...
Video play...

"There were topics that were too sensitive for the quorum, which was, by all accounts, a resounding victory for diplomacy, impossible without Hacker input. Time and time again, you prove our faith in you. "

"The first is that the Bering situation is far less secure than anticipated if the Separatists gain territorial recognition and Legitimacy from the Rheinland federal republic. Owed to the fact that BDM vessels are regularly assisting the Separatists against my agents and have, in the past, transparently informed us, to our faces, that they seek to canonise the Separatists as a legitimate entity in Bering, in hope of using them as false-flag actors, I can only summarise the Union position to such a development as follows:"

"We are in deep Scheisse. We are clandestinely bankrolling Kruger and the Social Imperial Partei to lobby against the Separatist position, but the Partei is not what it was and I would rather not depend on autocrats relying on three hundred year old rhetoric to salvage our security situation. The Separatists currently have the backing of entities within the Rhein that desire a resumption of the disastrous Rheinland-Liberty war, facilitating a divide-and-conquer scenario between the Rhein and the Gauls over Liberty's territories. This would be Armageddon, not just for the Union, but for the entire Sirian international order. "

"If Rheinland invades on the Separatist behalf, the borders will once again touch."

"The Lane Hackers are masters at espionage. We propose embedding a set of your own ears within the Hamburg local government, to manipulate what political strings we can pull. Perhaps we can sway hearts and minds. If you have any resources that might be of use to countermand BDM infiltration of our organisation, we would appreciate the same. In return we can offer hardware and ships, as is our custom."

"It is intensely aggrieving that the BDM continually squanders resources against the Union instead of the Hesse, who actually intend to topple the federal government, but such is the twist of the cosmos."

You cannot cut off the tongue, of a man who speaks through his acts.
C.Frei.
Comrade Arbeiter of the Cologne system.

Transmission Complete

[Image: VGHyq0s.gif?1]
Scrambling access point...
Decompiling neuratrace...

Signal lost.

...Professor.Provocateur.Goro.Yoshida.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: lbIXDS6.png][Image: oAsa1LZ.png]

Hello Mr Corin,

Yesterday one of the most powerful men in Rheinland visited my home and we discussed for several hours the situation in Rheinland as well as the one in Bering.

As this was a private meeting I cannot reveal what was said, however I was informed that many narratives that you have shared with us were untruthful or incorrect. While bias and exaggeration of events is something which we expect to hear from our allies, outright lies are not. In our field, honesty is the most valuable commodity and trait and we certainly expect it from those who call us friends. We do not appreciate lies just because they serve your interests and agenda.

Mr Corin you are under the assumption that the Lane Hackers are your co-conspirators in sabotaging Harmony. We are not. Perhaps you were misled by our interest in peace and our condemnation of Harmony as the party being primarily responsible for this conflict. However we have not forsaken our alliances and we will not act against our allies.

So yes, I had plenty of opportunities during this meeting to sink Harmony's prospects with Rheinland but I did not.

I hope this clarifies our position on your request.

Have a nice day.

Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

Incoming Transmission

Unpacking videofile...
Scanning for malware...
Linking attachments...
Video play...

"Ah, the man of honesty I see. The man who swore blind that his intentions were noble, that our back would remain intact."

"If only your agents had not told us, along with the BDM, the length and depth of your plan. The remaining pieces we extracted through third parties."

"You have ten hours before we send this despicable project to re-ignite an interhouse war, that will kill millions, crashing around your ears. I do not do this lightly. I do this because I have no faith I am not conversing with a proxy of Enfield."

"What will I do?"

"Unioners do not telegraph. Put the pieces together as sure-handedly as you have assembled this scheme and you will know the many angles I have to counteract it. Or, you will grant us a statement, by Harmony, the BDM, and the Separatists, that they will not destroy us at the first opportunity in this new world order for our home system that you're attempting to fabricate around our ears."

"Ten hours. Do not f*ck around. I was appointed to save the lives of Pacifica in this crises, not appease you, Yoshida."

"No. I have never lied to you. Of course, being the paragon of honesty that you are, I do not expect you to tell the difference between fabrication and factuality."

"In the meantime, the parties that have physically constituted the relief effort will be informed of the conspiracy you are weaving that sees fit to expend Unioner lives as kindling."

C.Frei.

Transmission Complete

Signal lost.

...uploading.data...

Are you drunk again Corin?

Unioners, we will disregard the previous message, just take him off the microphone.

Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

Incoming Transmission

Unpacking videofile...
Scanning for malware...
Linking attachments...
Video play...

"Tfive months ago a BDM intelligence agent repeatedly contacted the Unioners and the Separatists hoping to orchestrate an interhouse war. You yourself have admitted that the Rheinland government is dictating terms to you."

"Desist the deception and tell us what you are working towards, or we will act as if you are acting against our alliance because this is the only logical explanation for current events. This is well within your capacity for comprehension."

"Again, you have ten hours before we no longer adhere to the agreements dictated by Hacker interests. If you will not answer to us, then, in your own words, find another Lane Hacker to crew the microphone."

C.Frei.

Transmission Complete

Signal lost.

...uploading.data...

Congratulations Mr Corin.

I am amazed how you connected all these pieces of information and uncovered my grand scheme. I humbly surrender and fully comply with your demands which you apparently forgot to state.

Go to sleep old man and we will sort this out tomorrow. We will not be answering any other messages for this evening.

[ Incoming Transmission ]

[Image: Kane-NO.png]

Identification: Harold Kane
Affiliation: Ministry of Relations, Natio Octavarium

Subject: It's hard to find y'all in the yellow pages
Encryption: I'm sure someone might be able to crack it before the heat death of the universe

Dear friends,

Man, that Bering system, eh? What a goddamn mess. Learned a hell of a lesson out of that one, I tell you what.

You lads need anything? We got you all involved in a hot pile out there and I want to apologize and make up for it. Could send you down some locally sourced orange or something. The farms we own on Malta just hit a harvest cycle so it'll be some of the freshest spice you've ever inhaled.

Best regards,
Minister Harold Kane
Ministry of Relations, Natio Octavarium

[ Transmission Ended ]

...Operative.Wolfgang.Weisen.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: CygGpT5.png][Image: 2.png]

Guten Tag, Taskmaster Kane.

I was supposed to reply to you earlier but other (and older) responsibilities had to be taken care of first. For that, I apologize.

In fact, a few days ago I encountered NO-Leviathan which had a close encounter with the alien race. On top of that the liner was carrying more than three thousand tourists so I had to act quickly and disable the lane right after your ship used it, and leave me with the nomad behind. I thought he would send me a comm afterwards, perhaps inquire about my wellbeing or express his gratidute but nothing arrived so far. A shame, really.

Bering was a mess. We are still sending medical shipments to both parties but we're not involved in diplomatic talks any longer. Our Professors tried but Corin Frei had different ideas, unfortunately.

There is another major issue, however. The Natio Octavarium has acted against the Lane Hackers and the Professorship is enraged, to put it mildly. I think you should expect a message after a high level meeting with the Colonials is concluded. Not from me, I do not have the clearances.

And finally, Malta. Lots of things going on there, and I would like to discuss them with you. You are much closer to Alpha than we are so you probably have an even better perspective about this whole thing. As I expect this would be a lengthy conversation, I will accept your request for a joint cardamine ride with one of your transports. We can discuss the situation over the group comms.

Kind regards,
Wolfgang Weisen