Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Lane Hackers | Diplomatic Channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Fixer.Wolfgang.Weisen.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: dcr9Wjn.png][Image: 66WOzop.png]
[Image: 105.png][Image: 94.png][Image: 95.png][Image: 100.png]

Is it active?

Well, then.. twenty million credits, final offer. Seeing that you're in Kansas already it won't be a long journey to bring it over to Ontario, right? Oh and you can send a message here to arrange specific time and date.

Provided of course that you agree with my generous offer.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
[Image: dfrSy4H.jpg]

Comms ID: Saya
Recipient: The Lane Hackers
Origin: Kansas
Subject: An Artifact

"Well then... if that is really what it's worth.

I will send a message so we can meet."
[Image: dfrSy4H.jpg]

Comms ID: Saya
Recipient: The Lane Hackers
Origin: Kansas
Subject: An Artifact

"So that trade has been done but you didn't quite believe me.

Thanks for dealing with that Rogue though.

As desired, I'll transfer the logs containing our adventure with this message.

I hope this clears things up."
Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

---------------Welcome, Arbeiter ---------------

[Image: nBaTXOx.jpg?1]
G.Riehl

Incoming Transmission
[Image: un_f1_UN.png]
Survivor wings

To: The Lane Hackers.
Subject: Tech pirates..

Unpacking videofile...
Scanning for malware...
Linking attachments...
Video play...

[Image: ZzmBegq.gif]
[Image: mXm1eF2.png][Image: sqQy1Cq.jpg?2][Image: MJoeIL3.png]
[Image: xeOMWyu.gif]

“Our pilots are reporting that you are displaying... well. You didn't prove much help against the Auxesians."

"If there's a tactical reason you're not assisting against them, then we'll accept it. Otherwise, we're abandoning the Kansas offensive. We have our own troubles in Rheinland to confront. We will accept an honest response."

"We've taken major losses in Hamburg. We cannot commit to a campaign if we cannot depend on local parties."

"There seems to be a cabal of people who believe that they are... more worthy... than the proletariat. That is what we are facing in the present day."

So it goes. So it is.
Sebahive Brandt.
Esprit wings.

Transmission Complete

[Image: VGHyq0s.gif?1]
Scrambling access point...
Decompiling neuratrace...

Signal lost.
[/table][/size]

...Emissary.Wolfgang.Weisen.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: CygGpT5.png][Image: 4.png]
[Image: 109.png][Image: 94.png][Image: 95.png][Image: 100.png]

Herr Brandt, Emissary Weisen here of the Lane Hackers.

Thank you for contacting us, in fact we were about to contact you as well regarding this matter. Please let us remind you that the Unioners also remained uninvolved while we were fighting the Communists. However unlike that case, we know what Auxesia truly is, there are no illusions. Trust me when I say that our operatives badly wanted to stop all this from happening. However their hands were tied because the Lane Hackers have signed a NAP with Auxesia. And we always uphold our word.

Similarly, I want to inform you that Taskmaster Harold Kane of the Natio Octavarium has also approached Auxesia and secured their neutrality in regards to the upcoming operations against the Legion. This may prove decisive in the conflict and secure us the victory that we both need so much.

The Vespucci operation will end one way or another, Mr Brandt. And with it, the usefulness of some Pacts will expire as well, I suspect. We will not forget what transpired today.

Incoming Transmission...
Decrypting User ID...
Displaying Message...

---------------Welcome, Arbeiter ---------------

[Image: nBaTXOx.jpg?1]
G.Riehl

Incoming Transmission
[Image: un_f1_UN.png]
Survivor wings

To: The Lane Hackers.
Subject: Tech pirates..

Unpacking videofile...
Scanning for malware...
Linking attachments...
Video play...

[Image: ZzmBegq.gif]
[Image: mXm1eF2.png][Image: sqQy1Cq.jpg?2][Image: MJoeIL3.png]
[Image: xeOMWyu.gif]

“Of course. A more than acceptable response. Measured. Even-sided. You're what I've been told to expect of the Lane Hackers. You've left an impression."

"The Auxesians are dangerous. They delight in sowing chaos and meddling in sirian affairs to justify their racism. Kansas will prove difficult if they are chipping away at our ability to reach the system."

"I agree that the Unioners were absent minded to trust the Coalition for such an extended period of time. We have always dreamed. It defines us. In some ways, weakens us, too. We are the metal that is prepared to bend."

"I see that this pact made with Kane would be one of those pacts that have expired, given the circumstances. Kane is likely dead, by the Octavarium's own message. I would doubt trusting a pact made between a living Auxesian and a dead honest man. Auxesia are mercenary. If they believe they can gain a... Jormangund, say, for attacking the Kansas vanguard, they will take that chance. I suspect that they will not openly attack the hackers, but they will raid Dwitty's rogues, along with ourselves. That is a substantial chunk of the forces present. The Natio Octavarium are plucky kin, none of us should underestimate them. They're a micro-state, with only so many forces they can apply."

"The Auxesians have a hel cruiser. One, minimum. We did not sell them the ship. It is probable that they're acting on behalf of the Hessians to disrupt Kansas operations. The Auxesians acquire technology, and actively hoard munitions, and the Hessians have no scruples where they aquire tactical data from. A match made in hel. It would not be the first time the Hessians have tried to interlink other despotic groups into acting as their servitors. "

"We're sending you our data on the block fifteen Hel Cruiser's mat-print specifications. They will prove useful. No matter how intensive the modifications, every Hessian vessel -alike every other vessel built in a wet-dock- contains a materials imprint that can be detected through magnetometers and intensive sub-molecular sensor probing. A sign of its construction origin. It allows you to glean the origin of a hull even when all serial numbers and identifying original technology has been removed through comparing the patinas ingrained into the hull through its service life with the particular stellar dust compositions and radiations states of its system of construction. You can use this signature to augment any future scans you take of Auxesian assets - see what else they've been lend-leased from the Omegas. The best part? The procedure's deniable. There's no difference from a standard sensor scan, it's just a refinement in the diagnostic output; it's a case of learning how to burn ants with a magnifying glass rather than replace it with a rifle scope. To the best of our knowledge, nobody but the Unioners uses the technique for anything other than wreckage forensics."

"In our own fields, we have acquired an ex-Crayterian rebel battlecruiser, as part of our own bag-work for the Crayter goverment, whilst it's re-stabilised itself. Fortune favoured the bold and the bold left several of their warships in Omega Three without a clear route back north. We've collected the largest loose asset. We're looking to pull in several of our connections from across the sector. Men like Kadego Sudarossa, Megaera, perhaps leverage our Bretonian links."

"On another table, we've levered the Coalition commissariat into revealing their plans for Kusaria to a sect of the Chrysanthemums none too happy with being part of raising the Internationale. They're applying pressure; but they'll need aid. The Blood Dragons have a history of coalition symapthies and will likely countermand them. We can supply them guns - your people share a more... intimate.... link. "

"We can create a front here. Between the Unioners and the Lane Hackers, we can chip apart of the strings that the Coalition wields over much of the underworld."

"I look forward to working with you."

"Transferring data from the Uninet. Data attached."

The updated sensor diagnostics flash up from Sebahive's PDA.

[Image: PcSdAdx.jpg]

So it goes. So it is.
Sebahive Brandt.
Esprit wings.

Transmission Complete

[Image: VGHyq0s.gif?1]
Scrambling access point...
Decompiling neuratrace...

Signal lost.
[/table][/size]

...uploading.data...

Thank you for the information, Herr Brandt.

You shouldn't really worry about the Auxesia. The Hessians have no idea about Kansas so they are unlikely to direct them there. Or be able to spare a Jormangund for such a wild cause. Auxesia is rather irrelevant in the greater scheme of things.

On the other hand the Coalition encroachment in Kusari is far more concerning. Which GC group you are referring to? Also, what kind of information you have on this Blood Dragon sympathy about the communism?

...uploading.data...

Herr Brandt, we still want to see more on these developments from our friends in Kusari.

Sender: Ian "Vertigo" Reid
Target ID: The Lane Hackers
Subject: Bounty Board Registration

[Image: bttvYoi.jpg]

Greetings, highly esteemed Lane Hackers.

My name is Ian Reid, more known by the name of Vertigo. This message is merely a registration to the Bounty Boards. Conducting some assassinations and other jobs shouldn't be a big deal for me. You surely know my standings towards your organization. As for my skills, I don't keep track of how many, so I guess that leaves only one way for me to prove them too you. The vessel name would be: 'Vertigo' with variations.

Sincerely,
Ian "Vertigo" Reid

Attachments: Reputation sheet + Identification

Transmission Cut
...uploading.data...

Mr Vertigo, it will be our pleasure work with you.

You are accepted as a trial contractor. Perform two kills within the next 30 days and you will be added on a permanent basis.

Good luck.