Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonian Armed Forces Defense Intelligence Staff (DIS) (iRP) (AO)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 2rnhkwl.png]
[Image: 29x6v6b.png]
[Image: Noise.GIF]

To all officers of the Armed Forces,

The last five reports in our Intelligence Staff are representing swift improvement in the war affairs against House Gallia.
That is why I would like to personally congratulate you all for your efforts and courage to fight the enemies of the Queen and Country.

I hope you will continue to make us proud of your actions and maybe soon we will put an end to this war.
Bretonia will prevail!

Sir Firmus Piett
Fleet Admiral of the Armed Forces

[Image: 2eztfyc.png]
[Image: AustinGoodman8.png]

Subject: Transfer Request and Political Asylum.
CC: Admiral Deneth Aleski
Encryption Level: HIGH

First and foremost,

I was speaking with a Second Lieutenant Naomi Woods of the Bretonian Intelligence Service the other day, and she's looking to do more for her country. She's asked if I could personally put in a transfer request so that she can be moved from the Intelligence Service to the Armed Forces, Fleet assignment doesn't exactly matter, but she's a well enough pilot and frankly, I think she'd be vital on the field.

Secondly, Admirals this one is a bit more concerning.

I recently encountered a pirate lass by the name of Lisa Jaeger. She's seventeen years old, born on Planet Munich. Her father was heavily indebted to a few men who have powerful connections in Rheinland, apparently her father owed forty-million credits to these particular people, and didn't pay it back. She now inherited the debt and is forced to work for these people for life, as she now owes them One-hundred and fifty million credits.

She told us a few things about practically being a slave for the rest of her life as a way to repay her fathers debt, and was too scared to try anything to get out of it. While she was hesitant about it at first, we managed - with a little convincing - to get her to think and ultimately agree to join the Armed Forces seeking political asylum.

Due to her ships current identification codes, she's unable to land anywhere except Trafalgar and Freeport One. Attached are audio logs below:

Lisa.Jaeger: *She winces.* I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Austin.Goodman: You're seventeen years old. A life of piracy isn't for you, clearly you don't have the stomach for it.
Janessa.Carlton: Lisa, you're asking for help... We'll give you the tools. You just need to accept or deny.
James.Arland: Would you prefer working as practically a slave the rest of your life at the risk of being killed by people like us?

Lisa.Jaeger: Are... are you planning to do this in an official capacity, I take it?
Lisa.Jaeger: Because if so, then what's to stop them from coming after me through your courts system?
Lisa.Jaeger: I mean, I am legally endebted to them.
Austin.Goodman: Funny thing...
Austin.Goodman: If you were to seek asylum with Bretonia and immediately join the Police or Armed Forces.
Austin.Goodman: You can't be taken to court.
Austin.Goodman: It's illegal.
Lisa.Jaeger: The military here can't be taken to court...?
James.Arland: You can literally not be prosecuted by law by working for us.
Austin.Goodman: Not in times of war.
Janessa.Carlton: The BPA would probably offer the worst asylum... I'd advise BAF if you can.

Janessa.Carlton: I'm sure we can help you get in.
James.Arland: Others have done it before. Aleski. Savoie.
Lisa.Jaeger: I... that might... *She frowns and goes silent, clearly thinking.*
Austin.Goodman: Remember what I said about the Armed Forces being compassionate? This is exactly what I was speaking of.

Janessa.Carlton: Like I said earlier. We can get you a new life, ID, clothes, a safe haven and security. All you need to do, is trust us.
James.Arland: I'll be honest, flying for us as a combatant will not be exactly safe. But it will be *your* life again, with prospects for a future.
Lisa.Jaeger: *Quietly.* I've always wanted to clear my family's name...
Austin.Goodman: You'll have the chance.
Janessa.Carlton: *she over hears Lisa* And now is your chance.
Lisa.Jaeger: Wow... I never imagined something like this could happen.

Lisa.Jaeger: Especially not to one such as myself.
James.Arland: Time to take a stand, Lisa.
Janessa.Carlton: Time to live YOUR life.
Austin.Goodman: The way you want it, without anyone... uhm. Without being in debt to anyone.
Lisa.Jaeger: I, well... yes. I guess it's better to die free than die a slave.
Lisa.Jaeger: I'll do it.
James.Arland: We'll make the appropriate arrangements.

Janessa.Carlton: Well... You couldn't have ran into two better people for this, Lisa.
Austin.Goodman: Oh ho... man, James, high command is going to be annoyed. *He chuckles lightly.*
Lisa.Jaeger: I... I just hope I can manage. I've never really fought anyone in space before.
Austin.Goodman: Can you dodge enemy fire?
Janessa.Carlton: You're really, really not a pirate, Lisa.
Janessa.Carlton: At least the BAF can train you up.
James.Arland: High Command? They want more pilots. I see one right in front of me.

Lisa.Jaeger: I guess so. I am pretty good at a few things though...
Lisa.Jaeger: So maybe I wouldn't be worthless.
Austin.Goodman: Mean, she has a bomber, I'm sure shes had to down a couple of transports...
Lisa.Jaeger: Well yes, I have done that.
Lisa.Jaeger: But I always run whenever fighters show up.

Janessa.Carlton: She'd be ace in the Capital ship destruction department.
Austin.Goodman: Bomber pilots are needed... especially with capital ships moving around Leeds.
James.Arland: Always a good asset, that.
Lisa.Jaeger: Yes, and I'm pretty good at hacking computers.

Lieutenant Commander Austin R. Goodman, CC
Commanding Officer of the Invictus,
5th Fleet Headquarters, The Suffolk

Files Attached

[Image: baffooterv2.png]
- Incoming Transmission -

-= HIGH ENCRYPTION =-

Priority: HIGH
To: BAF Intelligence Staff
Subject: Successfully Defended Planet Leeds

[Image: charlesrhallv2.jpg]

Victory! We're victorious! The Queen must be informed as soon as possible! It was a great triumph for Bretonia yesterday, but a crushing defeat for, apparently, always drunk Gallic navy!
They massed a huge, mainly capital ship fleet, for the purpose of finally quieting Leeds defenses. It was hard to keep it secret, so we knew they will invade. We had some time to prepare. So, we managed to gather 2 Crecies, 3 Dunkirks, one of which belonged to the Council, and was outrageously rude. But, never mind. Her guns were useful. We also had a Council Rademption, which will be the only casualty at the end. As our captains whose systems weren't suffering severe ion storms noted, the Gauls brought 8 Valors, along with a cruiser.
We could be doomed. Leeds could be doomed, the space, and later the lonely planet. However, thanks to devoted work of the captain of the Pestilence and myself, we've planned out the order of the battle. The Council forces were slightly above planet Leeds, while HMS Iron Duke and the Thunderer were slightly below. When the Gauls arrived, our bombers and the Crecies handled with their cruiser outstandingly quickly, what enabled them to target the massive Valor fleet. In the meantime, the fleet was caught into our trap. They targeted 2 Bretonian Dunkirks which were below, making the Council forces attack their rear. Knowing their rear is weak, some captains decided to split, causing total mess. Valors were separated - no, they separated themselves, making us easier to destroy them one by one!.
Mostly because of the ion storms and partially to being an easy target, the Council Rademption was destroyed in the process. I hope they will manage to repair it, for it isn't a worthless ship.
The Thunderer, probably due to her aging systems, also suffered from the ion storms. At the start of the battle, I was able to maintain control over her, raining the first Valor with shells. Unfortunately, my systems were overloaded and my ship started drifting away, while my crew and myself fought desperately to regain control. Near the end of the battle, when only a few Valors remained, the storms calmed down and I was able... well, able-ish to land some successful hits on the remaining enemy forces. Only the last Valor suffered high damage to my guns.
Basically, this battle was done with only 2 Dunkirks, 1 Rademption and 2 Crecies. We pulled out a glorious victory thanks to the Pestilence's captain's good comprehension of my strategy, which I wasn't able to adapt for today's conditions alone. Maybe he should be promoted, or given a large stock of tea. I'd like the second if I was him. *pours some tea into his little cup*

Friendly Forces:

- 3 Dunkirks;
- 1 Rademption (destroyed);
- 2 Crecies;
- some snubcraft (status unclear).

Enemy Forces:

- 8 Valors (all destroyed);
- 1 cruiser (destroyed);
- some snubs (status unclear).

One of our lads was so daring that he kept filming the whole bloody event, while the guns were thundering from all sides! I'd give him tea, as well. Here's his movie. I hope I don't need any copyrights for it. *chuckles*

Yours sincerely, Charles Richard Hall.
Hall out.

- Transmission Ended -
[Image: 2rnhkwl.png]
[Image: 29x6v6b.png]
[Image: Noise.GIF]

To all Captains and Pilots that took part in the battle of Leeds, repelling successfully the RNS invasion,

I am pleased to inform you that your efforts and bravery to stand against the odds, to face your enemy with pride, and to achieve victory in such difficult moment was noted. That is why, considering the actions mentioned above, I bestow you all with the Courageous Action Medal, which as you know is awarded to armed forces officers who defeat a greatly superior enemy force.

Secondly, Charles Richard Hall, you've proven yourself an excellent captain and a good friend. Considering your long time in the Bretonia Royal Fleet as well as your tactical improvements everyday, I bestow you as Leader of the mentioned fleet - BRF|. You are also free to test and train the independent HMS capital ships and if they are worthy - to recruit them in the mentioned above fleet.

Trusting the above is sufficiently clear

Sir Firmus Piett
Fleet Admiral of the Armed Forces

[Image: 2eztfyc.png]
- Incoming Transmission -

-= Low Encryption =-

Priority: Low
To: Admiral Sir Firmus Piett
Subject: Thank You

[Image: charlesrhallv2.jpg]

Thank you very much, Sir! I was hoping for some tea, but... Thank you. I will do my best to protect Bretonia and, most importantly, our tea routes.

*he looks upwards, putting a finger on his temples*

Oh, by the way, I almost forgot - the list of everybody who participated in the battle is on the way. I must decipher the data my sensors and cameras managed to pick up, which were also affected by the storms.

The Thunderer certainly needs a renovation.

Yours sincerely, Charles Richard Hall.
Hall out.

- Transmission Ended -
[Image: bafx.png]

Subject: Report

Good Day Chaps,
Got called in to assist a small force of ours engaged just outside of stokes against two Highly Armored Gunboats. As i arrived other units also arrived and we engaged immediately, and it was not the longest time before the first enemy fell to our fire, the other Gunboat tried to run, but he did not get very far before we were able to catch up and engage him aswell, and he fell to our fire too. Guncam Images have been attached.

DiMarco Out.

Gunship 1 Down- X
Gunship 2 Down- X

[Image: baffootert.png]
[Incoming Transmission]
[Source: Planet New Lodnon ]
[CommID: Lieutenant Oliver Davis ]
[Directed: Bretonian Admiralty Board ]

Establishing Video Uplink:Failed

Greetings Oliver Davis here. This is my first report to the Armed Forces. I received orders to set course towards the Omega-3 system where it was reported high corsair activity. Upon reaching Freeport 1 I encountered 2 corsair cruisers 1 gunboat and one bomber. They all jumped me. my reinforcements came in the face of one Freeport Ship A bomber I forgot the lads name and a battleship.Probably from the Cambridge fleet I don't know. But all corsair forces were terminated.

Upon returning to base myself and Commander Havering encountered a Zoner destroyer under Bounty hunter tags. It was ordered by the Commander to leave the system,it complied sort off it began firing its weapons near one of our bases so we had to take it down. Unfortinetly my ship was shot down by the Destroyer. I had some taste of the Gallic front as well. One Gallic fighter was engaged by myself. But it managed to out trick me and drain my bots out I had to ask commander Havering to assist me. With some luck we took it down.

Attacked files 3

I will also like to request to be put in the 5th Fleet under the command of its Admiral.Due to personal reasons. Thanks you in advance

Oliver Davis
Lieutenant
Bretonian Armed Forces

[End Transmission]
-[Incoming Transmission]-
[Identification: Natasi Daala]
[Location: Planet New London, Surgical Reconstruction Center]
[System: New London]
[Priority: Very High]

Establishing Video Uplink
[Image: 10hmxde.png]

Greetings honorable members of the Admiralty Board.

With sadness I am sending you this message to inform you about the health of fleet admiral Sir Firmus Piett, which is right now critical. It appears the good admiral was doing a secret experiment deep in Salisbury system and possibly something went wrong. We received the call for help and our team was sent immediately to salvage the pods of the possible survivals, sadly we found only a few dozens but luckily the admiral was among them.
The total count of the patients was 35 but 12 of them perished before we reach the hospital center. The remaining injured pilots and officers are currently under healing procedures of "The Hive" in the Surgical Reconstruction Center, planet New London. They will be fine but need at least 5 days in the healing pods before their health is back to normal.
About the admiral: we received his pod on the landing side of the SRC. We moved him to the Surgery Wing, and begun immediate medical tests. The results were not good at all. Most internal organs were damaged. Major areas of his body were burned, with rate of 40%. His lungs were damaged as well and for that he is on life support systems. Still, his brain is intact - it seems the explosion or whatever caused all these injuries afflicted primary the torso.
Because of his critical health and the danger on his life we took him to the "Sage Tower", SRC, where most of our newest and experimental inventions will be used in order to save his life.

I dont know if you had that knowledge but admiral Piett did a lot for my life and I own him for that. My team and I will do our best to save him and I promise...no, I assure you he will be alright in less than 5 days. Considering he took no brain damage, except the pain, he should be the same person.

I will write you a message about his status once we finish with the urgent operation today,
Director of SRC, Natasi Daala.

-[Transmission Terminated]-
-[Incoming Transmission]-
[Image: BAF_Logo.png]

Attention! The following members of the Armed Forces are promoted to a higher rank due to their long and continuing service:

- Brandon DiMarco, Arthur Davenport and Thomas Gordon - to Lieutenants.
- Rachel Furlough, Hugh Darrow and Louis Barnes - to Lieutenant Commanders.
- Layla Clay, James Arland, James Barnes, George Richard Hall and Austin Goodman - to Commanders.
- Mike Havering, Wayne Johnson and Ian Driscoll - to Captains.

Congratulations to the officers. Your country is proud of you!
To all others, a lot more is to be done and in time a lot more are going to be promoted for their bravery.

Admiralty Headquarters, Battleship Harlow
Secretary of the Fleet Admiral.

-[Transmission Terminated]-
[Incoming Transmission]
[Source: Her Majesty Ship Leviathan ]
[CommID: Admiral Charles Davis]
[Directed: Natasi Daala ]

Establishing Video Uplink:

[Image: 4fB6D.png]

Miss Natasi Daala,
It is unfortunate to hear about this incident regarding our Fleet Admiral. Its good to hear that he will recover soon. Still I am concerned about what went wrong and what lead to this incident. Was it a scientist mistake or an a attack on the admiral installation and that's something to be concerned off. I am sending an order for your team to begin an investigation about this incident. Find out what happened out there and report everything you have as data to me.

I trust the above is clear

Charles Davis
Admiral
Bretonian Armed Forces Leeds Defence forces

[End Transmission]