Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonian Armed Forces Defense Intelligence Staff (DIS) (iRP) (AO)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: CommanderBrooks_zps7074512e.jpg]

Good evening Admirals, I was called out this evening after hearing that a Gallic 'Valor' Battleship had been destroyed above Southampton Shipyard. Turns out that the Royal Navy weren't best pleased with the news and hastily dispatched another one into the Manchester system! The Judges were en-route to the scene as I un-docked from Southampton. The HMS-Temeraire had encountered the monstrosity on her patrols and alerted a bomber squadron. Chit chat went on for a while and he insulted us about our tea etc. They were his last words because we were all getting impatient quite frankly. In the space of 10 minutes the Royal Navy's 'indestructible' Battleship was turned inside out! No pods were found amongst the wreckage, which is irrelevant because we wouldn't have helped them anyway..

Uploading Gun Cams....60%....80%....100%

[]

Commander Charlotte Brooks

Connection Lost

Good day Admirals, I led a strike force with Flag Officer Dawson today into the Leeds system. Our force consisted of two 'Upholder' bombers piloted by myself and the other by Lieutenant Robson, a 'Dunkirk' Battleship captained by Flag Officer Dawson, and a 'Churchill' Gunboat Captained by Mr.Antioch.

We made it safely to Planet Leeds encountering nothing but a few Tree-huggers complaining about the state of the system.. Once there we encountered another 'Valor' Battleship! Upon our recent success against these 'indestructible' machines we felt confident in our tactics and began a casual conversation with the Gaul. Seemed he didn't want to talk and began opening fire on the HMS - Temeraire, myself and Lieutenant Robson quickly started raining antimatter onto the Gaul. He didn't like the taste of antimatter and the 'Upholders' were performing very well. The ions kicked in though and through several severe incidents of which we all lost power in our ships and had to abort.

One thing I can say is that the 'Valor' won't be in space soon, We lost a ship though, HMS - Antioch was turned to scrap after it nose-dived the Battleship. Maybe someone should check what Mr.Antioch had been eating lately because his rational decisions have lost us some valuable personnel.

Commander Charlotte Brooks Signing off

Connection Lost
[Image: Miller_zps5af68fa7.jpg]

Good day Admirals, today was eventful. The 'Sentinel' was called out to deal with a hostile Luxury Liner, and an Osiris Battleship in Omega 3. Lieutenant Robson was already on the seen with the HMS - Antioch assisting. When I arrived the news had spread to us that the 'Antioch' had been eliminated and had suffered major hull damage from the Osiris. To prevent further losses we powered up the cannons and got on with it! It was a long battle with a Luxury Liner as well firing like no tomorrow, it made the task rather annoying.. I ordered the Cerberus Gunners to fire on the Luxury Liner and he ran away after being on critical hull damage.. Quite frankly I'm not sure how the vessel stayed intact! The Osiris was still there so all cannons were pointed towards it. After 10 minutes of the helmsmen frantically steering out the way of the lasers we managed to penetrate the hull causing huge explosions ultimately the vessel is now orbiting Sprague.. Well I say Vessel... The wreckage is now orbiting Sprague. A Corsair fighter had appeared apparently as well however we hadn't seen him. Lieutenant Robson and Ensign Gray set to work on turning him into pulp. Unfortunately Gray was experiencing some weapon malfunctions so he had to return to Norfolk. I told the Lieutenant to fly close by me so that the fighter couldn't get close enough with out tasting our cannons! Eventually we persuaded him that there was really no point in trying to proceed in shooting us, so he promptly grumbled off.

Another fine victory for Bretonia!

Uploading Gun Cams....60%....80%....100%

Bridge Officer Miller signing off

Connection Lost
Incoming Transmission from:
Lieutenant Anthony Robson
[Image: 2v830gk.png]

Subject: Yesterdays report

Good day Admirals,
yesterday was quite an eventful day. In the beginning we had Intel about a Corsair Cruiser at the Freeport in Omega 3. The HMS-Thunderer and myself quickly went to the Freeport and the Cruiser attempted to escape. But it had no chance and was quickly destroyed by the HMS-Thunderer. After that the HMS-Thunderer returned to Southampton and I stayed in Omega 3 with the HMS-Antioch to escord a Bowex transporter which was bringing supplies to Port Talbot. After some time I detected a hostile contact on my scanners which turned out to be a Corsair Osiris Battleship and a hostile passenger liner. I called for support and the HMS-Sentinel and Ensign Gray responded to my call. But unfortunately, in all the chaos, the Bowex transporter and the HMS-Antioch were destroyed. After The Sentinel and the Ensign arrived we destroyed the Osiris and scared off the passenger liner and the Corsair fighter which arrived shortly befor the Osiris exploded. After our victory we returned to New London and the Sentinel signed off. I stayed in the orbit of Planet New London with some BPA officers. After a annoying conversation with the hostile passenger liner we encountered a Order pilot which seemed a bit off his mind. He thought i were a nomad so i played a bit with him, confuse him and lured him into the planetary defense system. He exploded in a fireball and I returned to Southampton.
That was everything from yesterday.

Opening Attachments.....
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8

End of the Transmission
[Image: ZSx0wFN.jpg]

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Quick update for postings.
  • Commander Brooks, Charlotte, is hereby appointed as Commanding Officer of the Merchant Navy, effective immediately.
  • Commodore Reaser, Natalie, is hereby appointed as Commanding Officer of the Auxiliary and Royal Forces, fulfilling my previous post as Commanding Officer and Administrator. I look forward to seeing your work Commodore.

These are the new Officers for these postings. Their work will be monitored, and the board has every faith in their abilities. Good luck you two, and good luck to all officers.

In the name of her Majesty the Queen, and her people in the Realm of Bretonia,

Admiral Michelle O'Brian,
CO of the 1st New London Command and 5th Suffolk Defence Fleets
Bretonian Armed Forces

To the Board,

I am honoured and shocked at the same time. I cannot begin to explain how much this means to me. I shall fly to the Merchant Navy HQ at once to begin work on 'Project Agincourt'. You can rest assured Admirals, the Merchant Navy is in safe hands. Although I might need a helping hand so I will accept any suggestions as to who the 'Chief Officer' should be.

Once again, thank you for this.

Long live the Queen!

Connection Lost

Admirals,

Today I set out on a usual patrol around Bretonia. I had a nice conversation with a Gateway transport Captain, his transponders were playing up.. *She laughs* He thought I was in the BPA. Anyway, nothing else really happened. Nothing happened. Can you believe that? Although I did meet up with the HMS - Antioch and HMS - Audacious. Both 'Churchill' Class Gunboats. HMS - Audacious should be registered in a few days once the Captain has sorted the paper work.

That is all.

Connection lost
- Incoming Message -

-= Medium Encryption =-

Priority: Medium
To: BAF DIS
Subject: Combat Report

Salutations, Armed Forces.

Yesterday's evening, the Judge Intelligence Service spotted two Valor class battleships and a Couguar class bomber moving to attack New London from Leeds. I took the Thunderer under my command and headed to Southampton Shipyard from Cambridge. When we arrived, I spotted them approximately 12K away from the station, on the brink of the scrap field. Meanwhile, most of the Judges were fighting against two Coalition gunboats in Manchester. Only Hone Nathan, a Commander of the Bretonian Police Authority, was with me, so we had to wait for the Judges to finish until engaging in full combat with two Valor class battleships and a bomber. Officer Nathan was bombarding the Tonnant, one of the Valors, while the Thunderer was performing evasive maneuvers and firing Mortars and Pulse Cannons, covered by Southampton, which they did not dare approaching less than 3.5K. The Thunderer received one Warwolf Forward Cannon hit to the hull, while the Tonnant received minor damage -- possibly one Mortar hit and a few Nova torpedoes or Supernova Antimatter Cannons. About ten to fifteen minutes later, the Judges had triumphed over the Coalition and quickly arrived to aid us. At that point, the Valors charged the Thunderer, which was still at Southampton -- probably because they thought that more of our reinforcements would arrive faster than their. The Tonnant was on the lead. The Thunderer turned and we were quickly able to land Cerberus and Bretonian Primary Battleship Turret hits on the Tonnant. Our bombers managed to shoot down their bomber, whose pilot was Remi Galliard, and to disorder their fleet, attacking the Obelix, the other Valor, which thus had to stay slightly behind, too far to hit the Thunderer. We maintained primary turret range to the Tonnant, only being targeted by them. The Tonnant did inflict significant damage to the Thunderer, but we managed to blast them before it became too significant. Near the end of the Tonnant, the Obelix managed to get in range to the Thunderer and add Cerberus and Warwolf fire, but it was too late. Most of their nanobots and shield batteries were depleted, while their hull integrity was 8/10. The Obelix was disabled as well. They were indeed brave and their captains were fairly competent, but they were no match for Bretonian engineering. At the end, the Thunderer was approximately 20K East from Southampton. We saved as many people as we could, most of whom are now scattered around war prisons. We haven't found the captains' pods. We tugged the wreckages to the Southampton Debris Field.
And then I decided it would be good if I had a cup of tea.

Summary:

Place of Event:
1) New London System, Near Southampton Shipyard.

Allied Ships Involved:
1) BAF|HMS-Thunderer (Dunkirk Class Battlesip, 4/10 of Hull Integrity, 0 Nanobots, 272 Shield Batteries);
2) BPA)Cdr.Hone.Nathan[SR (Challenger Class Bomber, Unknown Damage);
3) BPA)Waldorf.Salad (Probably a Bomber, Unknown Damage);
4) Constable.Treacher (Probably a Bomber, Unknown Damage);
5) Judge-Leam; (Probably a Bomber, Unknown Damage);
6) BlackBean;Salad (Probably a Fighter, Unknown Damage).

Allied Losses:
- None

Enemy Ships Involved:

1) RNS-Obelix (Valor Class Battleship, Disabled);
2) RNS-Tonnant (Valor Class Battleship, Disabled);
3) Remi.Galliard (Couguar Class Bomber, Disabled).

Enemy Losses:
1) RNS-Obelix (Valor Class Battleship);
2) RNS-Tonnant (Valor Class Battleship);
3) Remi.Galliard (Couguar Class Bomber).

Signed: Admiral George R. Hall

- Message Over -
[Image: Miller_zps21b40f6d.jpg]

Good day! I set out on a mission yesterday to assist BPA)Cdr.Hone.Nathan in destroying two vessels. The first was a Pirate Liner with a Capital Armour Six! The second was a hijacked 'Defiant' class Gunboat. Within minutes of un-docking I had found Police Officer, turns out he had already started engaging and had unleashed a torpedo onto the Pirate Liner. I stated they were assaulting a Police Officer, since they engaged Mr.Nathan. I then quickly assisted after the Officer took some damage. I told the gunners to target the Pirate Liner since that was the biggest threat. After a minute it was space scrap, the 'Defiant' Class Gunboat was the next target and my gunners dispatched of him in under 15 seconds.

No turret cameras were used basically because I saw no real importance of these two vessels..

Miller out

Connection Lost
- Incoming Message -

-= Medium Encryption =-

Priority: Medium
To: BAF DIS
Subject: Combat Report

Salutations, Bretonian Armed Forces.

A Valor class battleship was positioned near Southampton Shipyard this early evening, the R.N.S. Tonnant. I reacted about two hours ago, launching the Thunderer from Southampton. They were approximately 3.5K north to the Shipyard. An Interspace Commerce Mastodon, called IC|Springfield, was also present, hiding behind Southampton's command tower, probably in fear of being mercilessly shot down.
Unable to let the Springfield face such a fate, and determined to fend off any hindrance to the almost finished Agincourt project, I reacted quickly, after a brief talk with the Gallic captain, who claimed that the Gallic Royal Navy had salvaged the Tonnant from Southampton Debris Field.
The Thunderer, which was facing the Tonnant with her left side, opened the engagement with a Mortar and a Pulse, the latter of which being the only to hit. The Tonnant returned fire with a successful Warfolf shell, which was absorbed by our shield.
Primary and Cerberus turret salvos were exchanged immediately after. The outcome seemed favourable for Bretonia at that point. Wishing to capture the first moments of the engagement, I activated the ship's distance camera, which caused complete loss of power throughout the whole ship for a few seconds, probably due to aging systems, pressed hard by the combat conditions.
When the power was restored, it was obvious that the Tonnant managed to close down to about 600m - 700m to the Thunderer and our shield was down, while the hull was taking damage. Fortunately for us, the Tonnant had to turn upwards in order to avoid collision with the upper section of the first upper ring of the Southampton Shipyard - Kensington Shipping Platform trade lane. That made them lose about 600m - 700m distance. Our ships were now a bit more than 1200m apart. Additionally, the Tonnant had to stop firing their turrets while they were turning upwards, also showing us their wide bottom (not to be considered slang), which was very easy to hit. The next part of the battle was mainly consisted of competition at strafing and exchanging Cerberus turret fire and also a primary's from the Thunderer, due to two Cerberuses not using up all our energy replenishment per second -- while the Tonnant had four of them, more than enough.
When the second last shot hit the Tonnant, whose hull was still managing to hold together, her captain ejected. The Thunderer turned, so we could fire a Mortar in order to finish them off more gloriously. The Mortar, however, had not yet fully focused, so we had to wait for five seconds until firing again. The next Mortar hit the Tonnant's shield, but in another five seconds, we managed to fire a third one and penetrate their hull. Luckily for us, they did not fire during most of the mortaring. The Tonnant was now engulfed by flames. The Thunderer was 9.1K south from Southampton's command tower.
I decided it would be beneficial for us if we disassembled the Tonnant's wreckage, in order to gain materials and in order to prevent the Gauls from salvaging her again. However, I got a report of an ion storm incoming in three minutes, so I docked the Thunderer at Southampton and had a cup of tea.

Summary:

Place of Event:
1) New London System, Near Southampton Shipyard.

Allied Ships Involved:
1) BAF|HMS-Thunderer (Dunkirk Class Battlesip, 7/10 of Hull Integrity, 281 Nanobots, 1600 Shield Batteries).

Allied Losses:
- None

Enemy Ships Involved:

1) RNS-Tonnant (Valor Class Battleship, Disabled).

Enemy Losses:
1) RNS-Tonnant (Valor Class Battleship).

Turret Camera Shots:

Signed: Admiral George R. Hall

- Message Over -