Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonian Armed Forces Defense Intelligence Staff (DIS) (iRP) (AO)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
--[Incoming Transmittion]--
Sender ID: Commander John Clay
Subject: Battle Report
Report Begin

Greetings everyone,
This time, it was Jarek_KNF with his "Battleship". I was contacted via Emergency channel, so I just grabbed my Challenger and launched to check the situation. HMS-Warspite was already in space, chasing the battleship. I arrived at the place and told Jarek to surrender. He refused, so we had to blow him up. He was getting punched, he tried to run to Dublin. But we got him on the other side. At least his ships provide us spectacular fireworks. *laughs*
[Image: screen263.th.jpg]

Nothing more to report,
Clay out.

End of Report

--[Transmittion Terminated]--
--[Incoming Transmittion]--
Sender ID: Commander John Clay
Subject: Roger Claymore
Report Begin

Greetings,
I was alerted of pirates in Dublin, and I found out it was Roger Claymore. We was demanding 4 millions from a miner, which unfortunately, got shot. I engaged Claymore, and after few minutes, his ship broke down. As he was unable to fight, he got put under arrest, and I transported him to Newgate, where he is waiting for interrogation.

That's all,
Clay out.

End of Report

--[Transmittion Terminated]--
:::Incoming Transmission:::
Source: Admiral Blake Owen
Subject: HMS-Drax

All pilots are advised to be on the lookout for the "Challenger" Bomber HMS-Drax. He is wanted for numerous crimes including piracy. If located he should be directed to surrender, and if all else fails drag his escape pod back to BPA-Newgate. Obviously HMS-Drax does not reflect well on the professionalism of our Armed Forces, so please be quick.

Signed,

Admiral Blake Owen

:::Transmission Terminated:::
...Incoming Transmission...
Sender ID: Lieutenant Michael Clay
Subject: Order activity in Bretonia
Encryption: 1024-class array
...Begin...

Good day gentlemen,
a few day ago during a regular patrol duty I received a message about a numerous sightings of Order ships in Edinburgh. I didnt manage to put together an assault fleet, so I decided to do some intel gathering along with BPA instructors Hidamari and Hughes. Later Comander Woodrow also joined us. What we found was a small fleet, several fighters, probably one gunboat and even a battlecruiser. They were scattered around Edinburgh, probably trying to secure something. Miss Hidamari managed to locate the battlecruiser OCV-Immortal, commanded by Commodore Damodred of the Order fleet. I have been told they are here to help and cooperate with us. This was best proven by the sole fact they didnt blast us into pieces, despite their superior forces. She told me that they came because of some anomalous sighting 48 hour before. When I asked how did they manage to sneak in such a force and how do they know about the sighting, she told me that they have a fleet of spy satellites operational around Bretonia. Well, I wouldnt believe the "anomalous sighting" part, if I hadn´t seen it myself those 48 hours before. I have seen a blue object which flew in space just like our ships. Scans didnt show anything reasonable at all.
I don´t understand what is this all about, but I give this report in hope that someone will find the information useful.

Michael Clay out.

...Transmission Terminated...
[incoming transmission]
[source....................Adm Martin Bridge]
[downloading..............done]
[noise filtering............done]
[opening message]

Gentlemen,

I have served the Armed Forces for the last six months at the top of command, and my mandate as a fleet admiral is now coming to its end. As planned, though happening two weeks before schedule, I step back from the lead and will now take my former position in the admiralty board, as an admiral. For me, it's simply moving my quarters from one side of Battleship Harlow to another. To the Armed Forces, this is the end of a time, and the begining of a new one.

Looking back, I know I can be proud of what we achieved. 818 A.S. was definitely not the year where Bretonia would take back what is its, but our position is now as as strong as ever. Now that the war with the Colonial republic is over, that Dublin recovered a relative stability, that the Omega routes are safer due to our enforced cooperation with the Rheinwher, and that our diplomacy with the Zoners and the status of Freeport 1 are redesigned for a better position to repell the corsair threat back to the hell they were spitted from, our House will be ready to perform decisive moves for the coming new year. This new turn in our strategy, as well as in our history, belongs now to our new Fleet Admiral.

But for this to happen, the fight must go on. Many battles and sacrifices are still necessary to achieve our goals. The BAF command changes, the strategy may change, but war, war never changes. If we want to see the light eventually, we must first light our way with our splitters and mortars.

I know we will, like we always did. And hopefully, this time for the final run.

*he pulls his officer cap off and salutes the assistance for a few seconds, then leaves the desk with the cap lying on it.*

[End of transmission]
[incoming transmission]
[source.....................Adm Martin Bridge]
[downloading..............done]
[noise filtering............done]
[opening message]

To all fleets, for your information :

The Omega pact was signed last week and the admiralty board now issues the voted text.

As for now the embargo is lifted and the zoners can flow in and out Bretonia following the usual restrictions to civilian traffic.

Safe patrols,

Admiral Martin Bridge.

[End of transmission]

[Image: UNKG4003.GIF]

There is no possible way to describe what happens to the atmosphere when five Dunkirks fly by. They fly by at 10,000 feet altitude. That is actually very high. But they look like you could reach out and touch them, and the air they displace knocks down ill prepared bystanders, and they affect the weather on the planet for days afterwards.

A sombre man on the parade square looked up and thought to himself, Bloody waste of precious fuel.

The parade in New London was spectacular. Bretonian pomp and pageant had been reduced by years of war, but one got the impression that even if Kusari conquered this place outright and reduced its inhabitants to rabble, they would be rabble wearing ceremonial Cavalry sabres and maintaining ancient bloodlines and their associated titles, even if they were reduced to eating bark.

The abovementioned sombre man was the new Fleet Admiral. He had just been assigned that position by the Prime Minister, who, like him, was a staunch Royalist and traditionalist. A former Minister of Defence, he was returning to military life after a decade as a bureaucrat. Bureaucracy was not to his liking.

Can't properly fight battles behind a desk, he thought. Can't kill people directly and honestly, there.

The abovementioned sombre man's name was James Ralston.

He regarded the man he was replacing. Former Fleet Admiral Martin Bridge also stood on the dias and was to receive the Marchpast with him. This was in accordance with tradition, and furthermore, was the least the man deserved. Bridge was a good Fleet Admiral. Ralston's appointment had nothing to do with Bridge's competence, and everything to do with politics.

By having the audacity to make their MOD the Fleet Admiral, the Royalists were effectively saying to their opposition, especially the Populists, "The Armed Forces are ours. Interfere with that, and you reap a whirlwind."

Martin Bridge, a non political man, was being replaced, but honoured by being knighted, and, that part of the ceremony complete, he was now Sir Admiral Martin Bridge.

The Marchpast was about to begin. The senior Fleet NCO, the Fleet Warrant Officer, was preparing to give the traditional order, when Ralston beckoned to him.

Time to send a message.

Ralston stepped forward, and shouted the order himself. He was a tall man, with lungs like bellows. He would need them to be heard above the din of the warships above.

"Fleet will march past in column of route by Wings, RIGHT... TURN."

The sound of thousands of well polished boots slamming simultaneously into the ground carried over the stadium like a wave, somehow, in its co-ordinated deliberance, more powerful than that of the engines.

"FLEEET", trumpeted Ralston, "will march past in column of route by Wings, by the left, QUICK... MARCH!"

The marching feet of the multitudes of young and old officers cadenced for at least 40 minutes while the former and new Fleet Admirals received the salute.

Ralston had sent a message all right, by explicitly commanding the Fleet to salute his predecessor; specifically, "This man that I am replacing is worthy of respect, and I have the stones to damn well order all of you to show that respect along with me."

It was at once both a tremendously thoughtful gesture to a popular officer, and a clever political act in a (relatively) apolitical environment, and it worked like a charm. Ralston, had, at least, learned something of use while in the Ministry.

Ralston smiled. He so much preferred a fleet of Templars to all the lobbyists in the world, and he was now going to command a lot more of the former, and see very little of the latter.

It was going to be bloody glorious.

[Image: James_Layton_Ralston.jpg]
[Incoming Transmission]
[Source: HMS MacDuff]
[CommID: Lieutenaunt Thomas Eliot]

----15:00----
Recently I requested temporary transfer to Harris defences, so I received relocation orders today. I packed all my private items and slipped to Harris through the Edinburgh-Tau-31 jumphole in Edinburgh. Upon landing, I was immediatly contacted by captain Richard Norris to conduct prisoners of war exchange operation, because the Macduff needs people badly, and a pair of rice eaters won't serve us well. I've contacted one of officers of the primary fleet of the Kusari Naval Forces (shoi Shin Takeru) with the offer. It took plenty of time for him to answer (most likely he was asking his superiors, that's why it took so long) and eventually he agreed.

I launched from Macduff with five prisoners in my cargo hold (all locked in cargo pods), names following:
  • Shoi Yamada Takeshi
  • Daii Koizumi Heihachirō
  • Daii Himura Kimura
  • Daii Koizumi Yoshida
  • Shosa Oshiro Inoue
We've met near 3 IMG automated ice miners in sector 6C. Kusari was represented by shoi Shin Takeru and gunship Yamamoto. Exchange was succesfull and our ranks are richer for five officers now:
  • Ensign John Winston
  • Lieutenaunt Roger Moor
  • Lieutenaunt Daniel Crowford
  • Lieutenaunt-commander Lisa Holloway
  • Commander Jacob Hendrick
Officers were delivered to Macduff without any threats; right now they're being treated in medical.

That'd be all.

----18:00----

One hour ago I had to intiate fight with gunship Yamamoto and one of Gopnik Hogosha family members (flying one of those Kusari bombers), as they were violating Harris orbit. Unfortunately my forces consisted of three Templars, one of which immediatly died to double missle launch and another one crashed into SNAC shot of Gopnik. So I had to fight alone. I decided to use strategy, and as result, planetary defences of Harris were able to destroy half of gunboat hull and significantly harm Gopnik bomber. Meanwhile, Kusari battleship Seto Kaiba, orbiting shadow of Harris, launched plenty of fighters, which were met by our forces. Amongst them, one fighter of shoi Shin Takeru remained aside, surviving lethal fire from MacDuff covering all ships in range, including mine. Fortunately I and Gopnik were lucky enough to survive, unlike others. Gunship wasn't covered by fire, although it was quite lucky to launch pair of tracking missles on me, destroying right part of my Templar. Meanwhile we were dueling with Gopnik, however missles redirected my flight into Harris atmosphere, forcing me to use escape pod to escape death in atmoshpere. I was cought by one of Harris planes, which took me to the hospital immediatly, from where I conducted this report. That's all.
[End Transmission]
[Image: 220px-Flag-bretonia.png]
===Message Starts===
[color=#000000]Pilot Name: Commodore Bentley Ashers
[color=#000000]Date: 24-12-818
[color=#FFFFFF]

Subject

Her Majesties Ship, Formidable.

Comments

Just a small note, due to the current fuel shortage, my command, the Formidable will be moored on Southampton for the duration. She will only be used on the most necessary occasions. Once the shortage is over I will be re-assigning her back to 9th Fleet, Ark Royal.

Signed, Commodore Bentley Ashers

[color=#000000]===Message Ends===
[Incoming Transmission]
[Source: HMS MacDuff]
[CommID: Lieutenaunt Tomas Eliot]

----15:00----
Today in 14:20 I launched from the MacDuff to patrol surrounding space and repel attacks of Kusari forces. In ten minutes, I was quite lucky to witness presense of one bomber of the KNF and one fighter of the Kusari Imperial Guard, which is very elite, well-trained and dangerous, according to rumours. I approached them with caution, expecting a fight, however officer of the Imperial Guard was demoralised and didn't want to engage in direct battle. Per request, he immediatly transfered 3 captured pods of the BAF officers (captain Alice Moor, ensign John Sterling and ensign Margaret O'Neil). His wingman remained silent almost all the time. Pacifism of the IG officer was so strong he decided to leave Harris without murdering me, or me murdering him. I moved back to Harris to transfer officers to medical for research and conduct this report. That'd be all.
[End Transmission]