Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonian Armed Forces Defense Intelligence Staff (DIS) (iRP) (AO)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To: Bretonian Admiralty Board

Sirs,

I recently discovered this dispatch to the fleet and was curious as to its status.
It could certainly prove useful in disrupting Kusari supply lines.

' Wrote:--NOTICE TO ALL RANKING BAF OFFICERS--

Following negociations with the TAZ, we now have right of passage through the Baffin System. For those of you who are not aware, Baffin is part of the notorious "Barrier Pass" going from Cortez (I beleive there is a jump hole somewhere behind Planet Curacao), Coronado and Baffin into Tau 29. Naturally, this route will be of great use to us in bypassing the ever more difficult Kusari-held route North from Leeds into Tau 31, giving us an alternative supply line into Tau space through which we may conduct both conventional and unconventional warfare.

Orders to BAF pilots are as follows. Baffin (and hence Coronado) are open routes for BAF vessels now to use either heading into Tau, or as an escape route from Tau. However, under no circumstances are BAF vessels to dock at the TAZ installation in Baffin, nor are they to engage any vessels whilst in the system - remember, we do not own this territory, and are there dependent upon the goodwill of the TAZ. Respect their Discordian laws, however...unorthodox they may appear to be. The passphrase to use when hailed by TAZ ships in Baffin is "Hail Eris, Queen of Baffin." Do not loiter, and try not to use the route so often or stay there so long that you attract undue attention. This is intended to be a relatively covert arrangement.

Commodore Sir Stanley Nelson
BAF Chief Diplomatic Officer
5th Fleet - HMS Suffolk

My question is, is this agreement still valid?

For your consideration,

Commodore Blake Owen
Incoming transmission
Sender ID:Adama,Lee

*salutes* sirs
this afternoon ensign Tensdale , ensign Xylon , reserve pilot John clay , Michael clay and myself encountered two harvesters 40 and 80 when a joker thug and a friend of his jumped in they where swiftly chased away by the harvesters. However while this incident was occurring Goodmen appeared out of the thin air and fled. We managed to chase him to omega 3 however due to his previous occupation he easily through off the cruise missiles and headed to the nfz of Freeport 3. When he arrive we spotted 7 Hessians and a phantom and e swiftly changed targets and goodmen then docked at Freeport 3 and left. We were swiftly joined by 3 cosiars one in a cruiser. I took the decision to leave towards bretonia because we were severely outnumbered . Unfortunately we didnt capture goodmen and for that I am sorry for my complacency.

sorry for the blurriness of the gun camera footage it seems the harvesters scanners affect gun camera focus

enclosed is a portion of chatter between goodmen and myself during the event

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/3681/screenie9n.png

I am also enclosing chatter logs

Lt adama: so Mr goodmen
Austin Goodmen: yes ?
Lt adama: What your purpose in leeds ?
Austin goodmen: I was helping last night
Lt adama: right now you coming with me
Austin Goodmen: you really need to stay one step ahead of your former commander
* he flees*
Lt adama: all ships weapons free target his engines

sorry sirs

transmission terminated
-- :: Incoming Transmission :: --
-- :: ID: BAF|Ens.J.Tensdale :: --

I would like to post a little more info about those two Harvesters drone, ships, tin cans something or what the hell ever they were! Which Lt. Lee Adama reported about.

Suddenly, some sort of ship showed up in orbit of Planet Leeds broadcasting the ID: Harvester_88:
Gun Cam Shot 1

It claimed to be a sentient being. But I really doubt that. Considering the current situation between Bretonia and Kusari I didn't like it one bit! Altough it was very hard to understand (try communicating with something between a baby and a toasty) because every time I asked something it wanted me to clarify and explain the term and definition of a single word. It went from "crown", "logic" and "unlawful".
It kept broadcasting some kind of distress beacon. I thought it was a Kusarian spy drone so I heated up my weapons and got prepared for what was incoming. Then some other drone showed up. Harvester_40.

They had some kind of "interactions" with each other and I kept getting more and more nervous. Of what I could understand of what they said was that vessel 88 had some kind of machine trouble and vessel 40 was there to help "it". They soon after fired up on cruise engines and I let them go. I figured it would not be a good idea to engage two unkown ships with completely unkown weapons.
Here is a scan of it's shield:
Gun Cam Shot 2

As they disappeard, former BAF Officer Austin Goodmen showed up. He had a brief interaction with Lt. Lee Adma, shortly thereafter we were ordered to engage Goodmen and catch him.
Here is a shot of the chase:
Gun Cam Shot 3

I do not no more of the outcome of this chase than what the Lt. reported here, becasue I had to return to Derby because of an engine malfunction.

As for the incident with the machine that called themselfs Harvester I am requesting a Clear statement from the admirality board about what we are supposed to do the next time we encounter these vessels in Bretonian Space. Because I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of them.

Good Day,

Ensign Jason Tensdale out...

-- :: Transmission Ends :: --
Comm system; open
Comm ID; Cdre Jack Frost
Subject; Patrol report

Today while in patrol of the Cambridge system i was hailed by someone claiming to be from the Rhineland Military. Below is a copy of that transmission.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/S...67/screen80.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii147/S...67/screen81.jpg

As you can see, it was obviously an attempt to deceive me for some reason. However i managed to get a sniff of the sender on my scanner and gave chase. It turned out to be two of the Order tagged vessels which makes me believe they where trying to lurs me into a trap. They ran to the O5 jump hole where i lost them. i will send a copy of this report to the Rhineland Military for their files, they may have experienced this tactic before.

Also while in Leeds i came across a ship carrying Gain Wildlife on board. After warning him he decided to run and dock on planet Leeds. The strange thing is he was flying an IMG Atlas class vessel with a Kusari Navy IFF and yet he managed to dock on Leeds!!!! He must have hacked the docking codes or something. May i suggest the ground crew impound this vessel, which is called " King23 ", and rip out his electronics so he cant do this again. Unfortunately my guncam did not function at this event but i do have witnesses if needed.

End report.

Comm system; off
---Incoming Transmission---
Sender ID: Ensign John Clay
Subject: Leeds Battle report

Today, myself and Ensign Michael Clay were regulating the traffic around Leeds when suddenly a lone KNF appeared on my scanners and started acting bold as they always do. Here I include a shot of this moment.

[Image: shot1ut.th.jpg]
OORP: Sorry I used slovak language in Group chat, but there was only me and my brother.

After Michael handled "official speech" we engaged in battle. After few minutes another 2 KNF appeared. Michael invented the tactics that ensured our victory. We were keeping ourselves close to Derby, ignoring their desperate attempts to lure us out with insults about "dishonour". We just used our brains and the crew of Derby did its job. Unfortunately, Michael had mine loadout error, he is in medical attention right now and seems to be alright. Then I stayed near Derby, while keeping the KNF busy with communicating, so Derby could shoot them down. Here are the kills in chronological order.

[Image: kills12032010.th.jpg]

There was also fourth KNF fighter who didn't engage and left. I was out of ammo, so I let him go.

End of Report

---Transmission Ended---
[incoming transmission]
[source......................Lt Martin Bridge]
[downloading..............done]
[noise filtering............done]
[opening message]

Greetings officer,

Yesterday was another strange day in Leeds, since our forces were able to perform a full Bretonia clean sweap without flying more than 10k away from the planet.

It all started at 19h45 universal Sirius time, as usual, that is three Joker thugs hanging around the New London lane. After the official parley, our squad (Lt Adama, Ens. Keevan and myself at the time), opened fire on the offenders. Shortly after a four ouctasts 101st squad showed up, led by Garrison himself, who also jumped in.

Soon the situation turned to be out of control as more opponent joined the battle, including more BAF, Bounty Hunters and random pirates. Despite the rather chaotic process of battlegroup formation, we agreed on targetting a pirate repair ship who just ruined all our joint effort until then.

The pirate repair ship did provide the opposing force, which I was unable to fully identify to this point of randomness, with enough supplies and time to replenish them until its destruction. The outcasts then left the battle since a corsair group was detected in the nearby area, leaving the rest of the job to us. I cant really say what happened to the corsairs, but it seems they found some alternate targets while we were fighting ours. Hopefully, the nearby rogues spotted by the Ironclad choose not to engage in turn.

Then, after more than one hour of fight, the battle eventually returned to it's initial state : the BAF against the same three Joker's thugs, still live. However the presence of more of our forces, notably Lieutenants Hans and Shinoda, turned the battle in our favor and eventually destroyed the last target 22h30 universal Sirius time. The result of the following usual long range scan was amasing : Bretonia was completely cleared of any threats. It's just like if all local scums were sucked in the dogfight and then terminated. Then seing me exhausted after such a battle, Shinoda kindly offered me to handle the interview from a GardenPath reporter while I took my shower at the Derby.

------

Later, while I was having my rest at freeport one, Blair and myself also had an interesting discussion with some colonial remnants from the 88th wing. Although keeping it on an informal tone, I suspect Major Amateratsu and Lieutenant Kell tried to get intels about our relationships toward outcasts from us, mentioning here and there bretonian technology leak within the Outcast fleet or bretonian flagged shires hauling cardamine, the later being doubly worrying. They however could not prove their point. Nevertheless, they admitted to recycle our templar for their own use, confirmed that the Kusarian forces shot them first, and renewed their offer of cease fire. I leave here some part of the (noise filtered) communication log for your use, should you be interested with it.

Regards,
Lieutenant Martin Bridge.

[End of transmission]
---Sender ID: Cdr. Robert Jones---
---Subject: Patrol report---

Right. The first thing I saw when undocked from the Derby was a Kusarian battleship. Apparently their shipyards have completed yet another Battleship Ein. The forces at my disposal? A pair of ensign bombers, flown by the Clay brothers, both, it seemed, armed with dual nova torpedoes. Oh, and a molly who decided he'd rather kill the Kusarian than us. Both Clay brothers, due to their lack of anti-BS training, went down quite quickly, as well as the molly, who was obviously too drunk to fly. Luckily, we had the support of a reserve fleet destroyer, the Victory, and the occasional additional bomber. However, the Kusarians brought in a gunboat, a Chimera and a Hogosha pilot in what was either a Chimera or a Black dragon. We were heavily outstrengthed, but in the end, we managed to take down the gunboat and give the battleship a bloody nose. The Kusarians retreated soon after. Unfortunately, that wasn't the end of it, and another Kusarian decided to try to kill us. Since he was in a chimera and alone, I decided to get my templar and fight him one on one. He put up one hell of a fight, but eventually went down to his own mine.

I would also like to ask if it would be prudent to try to conserve resources by not, for example, sending several templars after a lone chimera.
---Message ends---

---Attached images: 3---
http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr90/Si...n/screen219.jpg
http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr90/Si...n/screen221.jpg
http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr90/Si...n/screen222.jpg
"Incoming transmission..."
"Subject ID: Lieutenant-Commander John Alster, Bretonia Armed Forces"

Greetings, officers.

This day has not ended by patrols. By the return from yet another patrol with Blair I got a Kusari destroyer by Derby. He was not very talkative, as were we, and we proceeded to annihilate his being. Lieutenant Blair was in his duck, which has helped a lot. After some time of tough fight, destroyer's hull began to decompress and SNAC shot from Blair's direction ended up the being of another destroyer. But unluckily Blair's duck was caught into shockwave from destroyer's last moments, thus we lost another vessel. His pod was floating nearby in one piece, so I delivered him to Derby.

[Image: 99kr55.png]

Lieutenant-Commander Alster, over and out.

"Transmission terminated..."
Sender ID: Ensign John Clay
Subject: Unlicensed weapons found

Good day, sirs,
Yesterday, me and reserve captain of destroyer HMS-Vesper, were regulating traffic in orbit of Leeds. Everything went fine, no contraband, smugglers or blockade runners. But after about 40 minutes, a vessel named DeadHunter appeared on my scanners. Its transmittors were transferring Gaian IFF. I halt him but he didn't stop and docked with trade lane to New London JG. I, both with HMS-Vesper, followed him. We reached him near the jump gate, then he started running towards the cloud at the right side of the JG. We stopped him around 10K from the JG. Then, Agent Ross came in. Here is shot from my gun camera:
[Image: 99229427.th.png]

There I asked him some questions about his IFF. He said that he will fix it. But then I scanned his cargo, and voila. I have found 2x Splitters and 2x Advanced Splitters. Also he had Freelancer ID, and flying Manta, Bounty Hunter
Very Heavy Fighter.
[Image: 80505125.th.png][Image: 30968696.th.png]

I asked him if he has got permission to use them. Then he refused to comply, saying that he has got mission, and is low on time. After 5 minutes of useless discussions I have decided to take him into custody. I wanted to bring him to Leeds. I asked him nearly 20 times about the license, but he didn't speak a word about it. Then he tried to cloak.
[Image: 59153479.th.png]

I decided to destroy him before he manage to cloak. We did so. What to do with this guy?

Here is quick Summary:
Name of vessel: DeadHunter
Ship type: Manta, Bounty Hunter VHF
Transmitted IFF: Gaian
Detected ID: Freelancer ID
Possible illegal weps: 2x Splitters, 2x Adv. Splitters.

End Message

---End Transmission---

[Incoming Transmission]

[Image: LtRogerHans1.jpg]

[Target ID: Defense Intelligence Staff]
[Location: Battleship Suffolk]
[Comm ID: Hans, Roger]
[Subject: Recruitment -- Application Scores]

Application Scores are now for view.

Ensign Michael Clay
Score: 110%

Ensign Jack O'neal
Score: 100%

Ensign John Clay
Score: 90%

Reservist Masier Fox
Score: 70% -- 80% Required to pass

Once the rest of the tests are in, I'll have those graded and scores sent here.

Signed, Lieutenant Roger Hans

[Transmission Terminated]