Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonian Armed Forces Defense Intelligence Staff (DIS) (iRP) (AO)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Message Class: Video/Audio with subtitles

Encryption: High
To: BAF HC/Ministry of Defense

[Image: maicyLs.gif]
Following the set of events in Omega-3 it seems the Corsair front is shifting towards Poole, more so than usual. The Corsair forces massed outside the Battleship Fes in Poole where it seems they are staging yet another offensive. However, I sincerely doubt the admiralty board should have any warranted concern as the Battleship is isolated from its forces in the Omegas. Soon, should the admiralty board seize the opportunity, we should have total victory beyond reasonable doubt. Today's victory is proof of my claim, the despite the unfortunate demise of the HMS-Thunderer without the support of the HMS-Enterprise, the Bretonian Armed Forces prevailed with the help of some Auxesia pilots. The Corsairs moved in with two Legate class dreadnoughts and one Murmillo class battleship, one of the dreadnoughts was disabled by the HMS-Thunderer and the other wounded before the HMS-Thunderer was disabled. The warships moved for repairs but not before they were intercepted and taken down by fighter support, in their crippled state they were vulnerable and the other dreadnought was disabled. Afterwards, the fighter squadron lead by myself, was once again victorious despite the numerical odds being in favor of the Imperials.

Nicole Brennan
Commander
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies
[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Textual
Encryption: Very High
Priority: Very High
To: BAF DIS

Good day BAF DIS,

I am sorry this report is out late. I was not at home for a short while. But here it goes. I will state the numbers and battle belligerents below this text:

GRN Ship List:
GRN|RNS-Royal.Vauquelin (Valor) DEAD
GRN|RNS-Montpellier (Valor) DEAD
GRN|RNS-La.Fayette (Valor) DEAD
[RN]-RNS-Conquerant (Valor) DEAD
RNS-Cantal (Obstinate) DEAD
RNS-"Duelist" (Obstinate) ALIVE (let go)

BAF Ships List:
BAF|A-HMS-Endeavour (Dunkirk) ALIVE
BAF|A-HMS-Conclusive (Dunkirk) ALIVE
HMS-Swiftsure (Dunkirk) DEAD
HMS-Victory (Dunkirk) DEAD
HMS-Sibyl (Dunkirk) DEAD
HMS-Exeter (Dunkirk) ALIVE

I had heard reports of a Gallic host, made up of all capital ships, heading towards Manchester. A mole, it seems, had ratted us out to Alice Marie. Upon hearing this, I proceeded to marshal a large host to combat them, and planned on meeting them in Manchester on our turf. I assembled the fleet, and they had appeared to have been waiting for us near Birmingham Station, but a series of nasty Ion Storms caused many of us to evacuate the system to Winchester Station. After the storms, not much of the original fleet that I had assembled was there. So I called upon other Dunkirks in the area for assistance. They came quickly, and we prepared for a battle. I was in command, but the BAF|A-HMS-Conclusive's Garret was also in command with me, sort of a co-op if you will. He would mark target, while I would tell the men to hold, charge, move, etc. Each of us commanded half of the fight. It worked out like a charm.

I got our force into a massive Fortress formation, one that was 6 Dunkirks tall. We moved forwards towards the Valors once their BC's opened up on us. We moved to their right flank and fired upon them. During the opening pass, some of our ships strayed course and we lost the HMS-Sibyl to the GRN|RNS-Montpellier. But, the HMS-Exeter is credited with getting taking down the GRN|RNS-Royal.Vauquelin. After this, the HMS-Victory and the HMS-Swiftsure broke off and proceeded to run in the opposite direction me, BAF|A-HMS-Conclusive and the HMS-Exeter were going. We were attacking the [RN]-RNS-Conquerant, while the GNR|RNS-La.Fayette and the GRN|RNS-Montpellier, along with the 2 BC's, the RNS-"Duelist" and the RNS-Cantal, attacked the HMS-Victory and the HMS-Swiftsure. We damaged the [RN]-RNS-Conquerant, and it moved back, and the GRN|RNS-La.Fayette moved to take its place, and fired upon the three of our ships. My ship, the BAF|A-HMS-Endeavour, the HMS-Exeter, and the BAF|A-HMS-Conclusive destroyed the GRN|RNS-La.Fayette, and the [RN]-RNS-Conquerant moved to our side, and cloaked, and we pressed our attack on the GRN|RNS-Montpellier, and the 2 BC's, the RNS-"Duelist" and the RNS-Cantal. BAF|A-HMS-Conclusive was credited with the destruction of the GRN|RNS-La.Fayette.

The HMS-Victory was destroyed by the GRN|RNS-Montpellier before we could get over to him and help him, and when we got over there, we (BAF|A-HMS-Endeavour, HMS-Exeter, and BAF|A-HMS-Conclusive) commenced attack on the GRN|RNS-Montpellier. When we arrived, the HMS-Swiftsure was destroyed by the RNS-"Duelist". This angered us, and we all now moved in to take out the GRN|RNS-Montpellier. But the [RN]-RNS-Conquerant uncloaked next to us, and attempted to hold us off. It didn't work. My crew and I were credited with the destruction of that ship. Then, we moved to take the GRN|RNS-Montpellier. This took some time, but we finally did it. My crew and I were also credited with the destruction of that ship. After this, we fought with the BC's.

The HMS-Exeter and the Conclusive took on the RNS-Cantal, and almost destroyed him, while my ship got separated from them. RNS-"Duelist" nearly killed us, but my crew and I were able to dodge most of it's primary fire. If we hadn't, we'd be dead right now. Finally, the HMS-Exeter fired a mortar shot at the RNS-Cantal, and destroyed 'em. After this, we was at 1% hull, and weren't fit for combat. The BAF|A-HMSConclusive was alright in terms of health and the HMS-Exeter was full. The Duelist was almost dead. I, as being in command of the battle, offered the RNS-"Duelist" a choice: Duel the BAF|A-HMS-Conclusive. If you win, you go free. If you lose, you die. If nobody wins after a long time, you go free. Both captains agreed.

The BAF|A-HMS-Conclusive fought with him, but nobody was doing any damage. Finally after a while, we agreed they would fight for 10 more minutes. But, as the BAF|A-HMS-Conclusive was finally getting the upper hand, time was called and the RNS-"Duelist" was free to go. That captain, of that BC, was one of the greatest I'd ever seen. I tipped my tri-cornered hat to him.

We left the scene as victors, and repaired our ships. Huzzah!

James Willemstad
Flag Officer
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies

Priority: High

Black Watch Patrol Report

Good Morning
Upon arriving at Planet New London today I was most surprised to find a Liberty 'Atlantis' Class Carrier (Name: Totoguardian) sitting outside the docking ring. I informed the captain that in order for him to bring his ship in he must first request permission, he apologised and promptly annouced his intention to fly to the Omicron systems and asked if he could be allowed access into Cambridge and Omega-3. I denied his request until I heard otherwise from High Command. He said he would stay in New London.

I continued my patrol and eventually made my way to Omega-3 where I encountered the Totoguardian again. He once again announced his intention to fly through Rheinland to the Omicrons and clarified that he was a Freelancer, not a member of the Liberty Navy. Which is very odd considering he had all the proper papers. Still, if that was the case then our Liberty friends have a very serious security breach.

I managed to convince the Carrier to return to Liberty, and he did so without a fuss.

Victor Steiner
lieutenant Commander
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies

04.04.824 A.S. At approximately 21 hour United Sirius Time. My HMS-Beagle was doing patrol in Magellan System when
my Radio Operator got a message about Gallic activity somewhere in the Zone. We had been ordered to handle it.

After short searching we found a gallic vessel, Valor-class Battleship, in the 6D Square of the System. Enemy vessel
didn't want to begin long negotiations, so, we started the battle.

After the not so long combat we could see that Gallic vessel got heavy damage. We got some damage as well, but the
most important modules of the Beagle haven't been hited. Also, our crew was almost alright.

The damaged Valor sent a message to Beagle, where the Gallic Captain said: "Grow a pair". I didn't understand it and
asked my First Officer what does it mean. My First Officer surely knew what is it, but he just said that message should
to hurt me in the view of the gallic captain. Well, I suppose it is an anсient insult from Planet Earth, which a gentlemen
like me can't get...

Anyway, after that message, the gallic vessel started to retreat into the Cloud. It was our victory. We hadn't followed it.

I am enclosing data from Beagle ship's recorder

Christopher Pike
Reserve fleet captain
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies

Encryption: Very high

Good day BAF DIS,

I Send here the report of the recent battle in Leeds system, wrote by one my friend who was there, Dendol Mark.

Sid Fire
Lieutenant Commander
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies

Corsair Ship List:
CNS-Valiente (Legate) Alive
Peaceful.Explorer (Legate) Alive
CNS-El_Pirate (Praefect) Alive
Spartacus[TBH] (Titan) Dead
Gallina[TBH] (Repair ship) Dead
Reverse.Spartacus[TBH] (Repair ship) Dead

BAF Ships List:
BAF|A-HMS-Endeavour (Dunkirk) Dead
BAF|HMS-Matilda (Dunkirk) Dead
BRF|HMS-Swiftsure (Dunkirk) Dead
HMS-Beagle (Dunkirk) Dead
BAF-Anduin.Lothar(Templar) Alive
BAF|Ens.Isaac.Lamce (Templar) Alive

The time was 21:03 Yesterday I arrived to the very start of a fleet standoff between our Bretonian Forces and the 'Sair Brotherhood
I was quickly rushed into the fight after receiving no reply and seeing shots propelled from the two Legates
This was when I and BAF-Anduin.Lothar Began Targeting the Corsair Forces repair ships, as these were the life line of the legates that ensued our 4 Dunkirks
Our only obstacle was the sun blotting storm of secondary fire from between the legates and the Praefect, We managed to prevail together both able to eliminate Gallina[TBH], Their first Rep ship to fall at our hands
As this was happening Our forces were lacking organisation under Flag Officer James Willemstad's command... We saw the struggle and knew we had to step up, we continued through the multi tasked fire of the enemy capitals but as we got to Reverse.Spartacus[TBH] we were forced out as they Created an impenetrable defence around him as to stop us fulfilling our objective, As we turn to recuperate we saw the HMS-Endeavour Burst into flames as her hull was torn and deformed... we saw no harm in engaging Spartacus[TBH] at this point as having the choice of cruising as a second option for our capitals seemed very beneficial but killing this corsair disruptor proved very difficult, We turned out attention back to the Reverse.Spartacus[TBH], After the fortification that was previously set up was broken up to attack us once more of course, whilst we struggled with getting through and killing the repair ship whoms dodging capabilities were impeccable, our capital forces began to perish.
BAF-Anduin.Lothar engaged the titan and drove it toward me, which allowed us to finnish it off, as our last kirk fell, we only then managed to kill the repair ship, but it was too late... i called for a retreat as only us two stood left amongst the wreckage.

Isaac Lance
Ensign
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies

McAllister here, reporting on the skirmish that happened yesterday in the vicinity of the New London gate, in Cambridge.

I took the HMS Hurricane for a patrol pattern yesterday. As I approached my first destination, the Cambridge Jumpgate, I decided to jump to the other side to make use the area was clear.

When I jumped, I was met by the two Corsair capital vessels Peaceful.Explorer and CNS-Dromon. Being vastly outnumbered and outgunned, I opted for a tactical retreat back to New London, in order to not endager needlessly my crew.
As I jumped back, I sat near the gate, awaiting reinforcements as well as halting traders from jumping to Cambridge.
Soon, the HMS Swiftsure appeared from the lane, and I greeted its captain, mr. Lucius. Together, we bravely jumped to Cambridge and sat some klicks away from the gate to avoid capital vessel fire. The other battleship, the HMS Fortitude joined us, as well as Commander Brennan in her snubcraft. The Corsairs were joined by another battleship, the CNS-Affondatore as well as from two smaller craft, respectively a bomber and a snubcraft.

The skirmish then raged, and the Auxesians joined us as well, with two smaller craft, A/)-Vertigo and A/)-Myrmidon.1, as well as their most known vessel, the A/)-ACV-Eidolon.Wraith. While our snubs engaged the enemies, I supported our capital vessels by trying to distract the enemy's targeting systems by firing pulse salvos on them. However, the Peaceful.Explorer managed to use the lane to its advantage, reaching point-blank distance near the Eidolon.Wraith, unleashing a barrage of fire upon it. I moved in to try to distract it and hopefully allow the Eidolon.Wraith to gain distance - however, the latter was soon disabled, and the dreadnought turned its attention to my vessel. I managed to use my thrusting systems to dodge its firepower and gain distance. The tides on our capital side soon turned sour, as the combined firepower of the three Corsair capital vessels managed to disable both the Fortitude and the Swiftsure. I tractored the pods in with my gunboat, and seeing that I was the only ship remaining against them, I could do nothing but call a tactical retreat once again, and I was followed by Commander Brennan as well. The captains and crew of the Swiftsure, Fortitude and Eidolon Wraith are safe and sound on Southampton, their vessels are currently under repair.

We fought valiantly, but in the end we were defeated. We shall remember this day to never commit the same mistakes again.
That is all.

Carina. Regina. Imperatrix!

Samuel McAllister
Reserve Captain
Bretonian Armed Forces Reserves

Open for Replies

Encryption: Earl Grey

This is a report about the battle that took place in Dublin several hours ago.

The defenses were alerted that there was a Coalition carrier in Dublin, probably followed by a number of their strike craft. The BPA patrol on the spot confirmed this and engaged the strike craft, with the help of Quicksilver from the Bounty Hunters' Guild. The closest available capital ship that was available was the HMS Dover in Cambridge, an Invincible-class from the reserve fleet scheduled for transfer to primary. Due to the procedure, I had to complete the transfer before departing to battle. Meanwhile a BPA fighter was lost, but it is more important that the procedure was followed. We then hurried to the spot as quickly as we were able to, but despite that, the other BPA fighter was also shot down, this one by the carrier. That left the bounty hunter alone, but instead of doing what most mercenaries would, they stayed on the sight and kept the enemy carrier fixed. The Dover then finally arrived and proceeded to fire upon the Lenin, as the enemy carrier was called. Nevertheless, they managed to stay out of our primary turrets' range, and as we had two Cerberuses and no artillery, we were not able to fire. Meanwhile they ordered a bomber on the Dover and fired three salvos of two heavy mortars each at us. The first two missed, but as the whole third hit, owing to us being focused on fending off the bomber, they turned, encouraged by our complete loss of shield, and closed in to land primary turret shells. At last our armament was in range too, so we returned fire. This is where our Cerberus turrets, which the enemy also had two of but did not use for whatever reason, paid off. Seemingly discontent by the rate at which they were damaging us, the enemy then showered us with their unnecessarily numerous secondary battery which, I admit, did make a few scratches on our hull, but also murdered their powercore. This was when they remembered to use their Cerberuses and also when we ran out of reserve energy as well, so we switched to the Cerberuses only. When they saw that our frugality had paid off and that they would lose the battle, they stopped firing and diverted all remaining power to their cruise drive. However, using only two Cerberuses had let us replenish some energy, which we then poured out at them with our primary turrets. That was enough to overload the Lenin right after they had charged their cruise drive in a desperate attempt to escape, causing a violent discharge through not only the exhausts, but also windows, weakspots and the holes in their hull which we had created. The Lenin's engines ceased to function and the ship continued to drift at the same speed, until it hit an asteroid of the Hood Field and then another two, when it relatively stopped. I consider myself lucky, as the Lenin appeared to be a better ship than the Dover, sporting more light turrets and twice the number of heavies, but their captain appeared to have reached his position by having connections rather than merit, which also, and rightly, marked his downfall.

When the critical phase of the battle was over and our victory was clear, a Liberty Navy cruiser, the Michael, appeared on the scene, but I ordered them not to fire as their ammunition and fuel were more expensive than the remaining enemy fleet. Following the destruction of their mothership, the remaining Coalition fleet scattered. One of them was caught by Quicksilver and later shot down, while another was caught by a certain self-appointed "Sir", called Ernest Shackleton, and employed by the Privateers. Shackleton's fighter was shot down, but another bounty hunter happened to be on the spot, flying a Moray called "Death by Glamour". The Coalition fighter, whose pilot was a certain Lukas Riemann, then took flight all the way back to Omega-49, where they were chased by the two bounty hunters. What happened later is unknown to me, but Quicksilver certainly survived, as they applied for the bounty later today, albeit not claiming Riemann.

The Dover is currently undergoing extensive repairs at Southampton, while I am intending to make up for the tea break that the mannerless Coalition had interrupted earlier.

Allied Units:
1) BAF|HMS-Dover (Invincible)
2) LNS-Michael (Archer; did not take part)
3) BPA)Con.John.Steiner (snub; shot down)
4) BPA)Paul.Hastings (snub; shot down)
5) Sir.Ernest.Shackleton (fighter; shot down)
6) BHG|Quicksilver (fighter)
7) Death.By.Glamour (Moray)

Enemy Units:
1) SCRA|CPW-Lenin (Tempest; destroyed)
2) SCRA|Red-4 (bomber)
3) SCRA|Pyotr.Ledovskoy (fighter; shot down)
4) SCRA|Lukas.Riemann (fighter)

Camera Shots:

Sir George R. Hall
Admiral
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies
- Message Class: Textual -

-= Standart Encryption =-

[img float=right]http://i.imgur.com/U1OxmMr.png?1[/img]

Priority: Medium
To: Defensive Intelligence Staff

Gentlemen and women,

I'll provide a brief report of the mission that lead the MN vessels Albion, Twistet Sisters and Fidelity along their escorts till Omicron Kappa.
The motives of the operation were [redacted], surveying the wreck of the Fearless, a Clydesdale class that was lost in omicron Theta, where it was recently found by Auxesian forces as well as delivering a sizable load of Nacranite to Corinth Research station.

Before we started off we loaded the ships with supplies for the long way and eventually headed towards the omegas, hoping for little resistance.
Sadly we ran into forces of the SCRA, RHA and Corsairs who coincidentally all met in Omega 3 at the exact time our mission started.
This and the loss of two escorts forced us to delay the flight and work out another plan.

The next day at the same time we set out again, this time with another strategy. Our transports would fly with their own escorts, every single one another route. One of the transports was loaded with standart issue cargo, working as a bait for possible pursuers.
My transport took the route over the upper Omegas through Rheinland and later the Sigmas. Due to the lost escorts we had to send two of the transport without any. The Albion and Fidelity were chosen, so the bait transport could hold off hostiles long enough to give us time to get through. Gladly the plan worked out charmingly and I was not once attacked in this operation.

Reaching Omicron Kappa at similar times, we formed a convoy and delivered the Nacranite. From there we moved on to Omicron Theta, where the wreck was to be found.
Its survey did unveil a cargo full of artifacts along some outdated weaponry. The cargo was stored in the now empty bays of my ship.
We took the sigma route back to Bretonia, picking up some military gear for the Essex in Texas on the Mississippi.
Once we reached the Essex the main convoy departed while I moved to deliver the artifacts to Sunderland for examination.

Two noteworthy things are to be mentioned. Firstly in Omicron Theta the wreck of the Fearless was extremely close to the position of an Osiris class battleship, presumably an Order vessel.
It might be a pure coincidence but if the Fearless has anything to do with the positioning of a Battleship there we should take precautions before working with the content of its cargo bays.

Secondly, I have stumbled over an old Rheinlandic fighter in the Sigmas, holding weaponry I've never seen before. I ordered the gunners to shoot it off the ships frame and then store it in the bays. The weapon will later be given to BMM for research purposes.

Attached are the guncams of the mission: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

yours sincerely
Jacob McIntire

- Message Class: Textual -

-= Standart Encryption =-

[img float=right]http://i.imgur.com/U1OxmMr.png?1[/img]

Priority: Medium
To: Defensive Intelligence Staff
***Black Watch Patrol Report***

Good evening my fellow officers.

A brief patrol into Leeds led me to meet a wandering Gallic Police officer. I was most surprised to encounter him in a war zone, he claimed he was visiting all territories under the King's control. That is to say; ''Bretonia, Rheinland and Kusari''. This resulted in a brief argument and, ater a while, we decided that the only proper course of action was to engage one another and settle the dispute. I am happy to report I was victorious.

Interestingly, upon inspecting the remains of my foe, I found the Identification papers of the pilot. In other words I have his ID. If the admiralty has need of these papers then I am more than willing to turn them over at a date and location of the board's choice.

Victor Steiner
lieutenant Commander
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies