Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonian Armed Forces Defense Intelligence Staff (DIS) (iRP) (AO)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Textual
Encryption: Very high
Priority: High
To: BAF DIS

Good day BAF DIS,

I report the results of a small operation of my initiative with the Ensign Ray Newton after a normal patrol session. The operation consisted on spying and attracting Gallic forces within Leeds system to determine how big has the garrison left since the Gallics are going to prepare a massive attack with an assault fleet in New London. While we were entertain them, we acquired some information about the Planet Leeds garrison before that enemy reinforcements arrived, destroying Gallic scouting fleets. Thanks to some armed freelancers that fought for Bretonia cause and the great bomber abilities of the Ensign Ray Newton we also managed to attack and destroy the first one came reinforcements before they would arrive with a battleship fleet, destroying 2 gunboats and 1 battlecruiser. On attached files there's what we collected with this little operation, all transferred on Battleship York ready for interrogation and reporting (In case of the 2 other Bretonia Armed Forces agents).

Attachments

Sid Fire
Commander
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies
[Image: 264px-BAF_Logo.png]

Message class: Textual
Encryption: Medium
Priority: Medium[/[/b]align]
[align=justify]To: BAF DIS
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Good day BAF DIS. The Saturday 6th of January the system New London and, especially all Bretonia was very quiet. I've met the Commodore Hunter near Waterloo Station. After to have discussed of the situation, i've decided, with the permission of the Commodore, to do a little patrol in Dublin system. I've found nothing special in the system. The gallic forcs was not near Leeds jump hole. The Hood is still in activity. But i must inform you this system has a limited protection. Maybe it's normal, New London being the most important system to protect. However and even with the presence of the Essex, the gallic forces will can easily take the control of the system. Then the left flank of New London'll can be threated of collapse. Apart that, all is under our control for the moment.

Ray Newton
Ensign
Bretonian Armed Forces

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Open for replies

Encryption: High

Gallic List:
RNS-Gascogne (Valor) Eliminated
RNS-Gaulgall (Valor) Eliminated
RNS-Eternel.Revanche-II (Obstinate) Routed
RNS-Leygues (Triumphant) Eliminated
Enzo:Rousseau (Cougar) Eliminated
Julien.Coeurnoir (Cougar) Eliminated
Agresseur (Cougar) Routed
B}-Guillotine (Cougar) Eliminated
MRG|'Vagrant' (Cougar) Eliminated
[RN]-Mary.Anne.Reyes (Cougar) Routed

BAF Ships List:
BAF|HMS-Sovereign (Dunkirk) Eliminated
BAF|A-HMS-Conclusive (Dunkirk) Victorious
BRF|BAF|MN-HMS-Gleaves (Churchill) Eliminated
BAF|MN-L.Leicestershire (Hussar) Eliminated
BAF|MN-Marcus.Boone (Havoc) Eliminated
QCP-Liam.McGregor (Templar) Eliminated

As the sole surviving vessel of yesterdays battle for superiority in Magellan, no matter how short lived it may be, It falls apon me to report on the events which occurred during the fight.
Our forces consisted of two Dunkirks, one Churchill, One havoc, One hussar and One Templar. We fought against six verses ten as their lack of coordination and discipline caused their capital forces to trickle in.
Us fighting on behalf of Carina were led by Commodore O'Dukes into the blood shed. I was not involved in the dog fight which ensued for the fighter craft on both sides until after the capital threat was moved and so i cannot comment on their activities in detail. As for the initial fight, Both I at the helm of the conclusive and Captain John Khatri at the helm of the sovereign charged the RNS-Gascogne to remove it with haste before their capital ships could gather and amass an advantage. The sovereign received extensive but not critical damage to her hull. Despite this a vessel we had not yet seen until this point emerged on the scanners, A gallic cruiser with what looked like a seige weapon on her underbelly, It resembled a Gallic warwolf but its firing position perplexed us, Khatri Offered the vessel a duel and they left in the general combat zone with their own fight. About the vessel the BAF|MN pilot Flight Officer Lilly Leicestershire has provided extensive information in her report gathered by her ships Jintsuriku Scanner before it was eliminated from combat. As I sat left in charge by Khatri I made it clear i was on standby for the most part to allow any of our fighters under pressure to use my ship as cover from the gallics and it is here i must report that the Dunkirk lacks anti fighter weaponry as the BAF|MN-HMS-Gleaves was swarmed by three bombers and was quickly eliminated from the battle not before O'Dukes ejected in an escape pod for me to beam in to safety. After this ships loss the Sovereign re-entered the combat area with a victory under her belt against this new vessel, I explained that due to a lack of capable weaponry i could not save the commodores vessel and that i had him onboard in a medical bay. After this i was selected to single handedly eliminate the RNS-Gaulgall who had arrived and so i transferred O'Dukes to the sovereign before combat, This plan fell apart when we had to remove the valor with haste as a gallic battle cruiser also had appeared who posed a significant threat, in this skirmish the Sovereign was destroyed under fire from both gallic warships and i took once again more survivors, Of the sovereign 42 crew died in its destruction whilst i was able to save the rest who had made it to their escape pods. After this the dog fight came to an end with Liam.McGregor as its sole victor whom helped me combat the RNS-Eternel.Revanche-II through clear space and asteroids. Before i could destroy the vessel Liam.McGregor's vessel was eliminated by a sudden burst of concentrated gunfire and the gallic warship took one last charge at my Conclusive before retreating to safe space on critical health. Liam had the highest elimination count during the dog fight.

Garret.J.Winters
Flag Officer
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies

To: BAF Defense Intelligence Staff

Goodmorrow, gents and ladies.

While repositioning the Northumberland, our crew happened upon a lone Royal Destroyer near Southampton. As the die hard Brets we are, we held fast, opposing the invaders. As usual, our fight began with words, most of them the Royalist's speaking about their high praise and 'glorious fleet'. However, in time, the escapade did turn into a violent one, and the time for action was upon on.

I'd instructed Lieutenant Commander Ross to take command, engaging the Royalist Destroyer with vigor and absolute prejudice, until eventually the poor fools met their fate. I will place a report of the visors of the battle, as we were not the only vessels at Southampton, below, and I wish you all a glorious day.

Long live the Queen!

[Kingdom of Bretonia]
BAF|HMS-Northumberland
BAF|MN-Bravo-01 - Merchant Navy Havoc that strayed into the fight. Supposedly was attempting to engage the lone fighter the destroyer had with them.

[Royalist Invaders]
MRG|RNS-Aurora - DestroyedImage Captured
Chevalier|Aoi - Lone Lynx bearing unmarked signatures. Engaged by the Merchant Navy, but not destroyed.

William Reginald Sutton III
Commander
Bretonian Armed Forces

[Image: 264px-BAF_Logo.png]

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Greetings BAF DIS. Today during a patrol in the system of New London, i've met a Corsair ship near New London planet. It seems it was in recon or in maurauding. The corsair, named Argus Nikitas provoked me, in saying i'll be destroyed. However this threats didn't afraid me, and i've decided to engage the Titan ship. The fight was very hard, it was clear this pilot has very good tactics. After some 20 minutes of fight, i've finally destroyed the enemy ship. The corsair didn't eject. I've finished my little patrol in returning at the battleshops York, the base of the 8th Fleet of the Resistance. It was a glorious day for Bretonia!

Death: C::Argus,Nikitas was put out of action by BAF|Ens.Ray_Newton (Gun).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ray Newton
Ensign
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for replies

Encryption: Pranava Mantra

This is Captain John Khatri reporting about a suspected illegal installation in the E2 sector of the Dublin System.

More precisely, the installation is located approximately 10K above the sector, barely above the asteroid field. It is called "Dublin Miners Pub", its IFF flashes neutral, and it did not allow the HMS Dover to moor. I discovered it today, only minutes ago, while searching for the illegal installation called "Derelict Wreck", supposedly located in the same sector, which was labelled for deconstruction. Apparently someone had already completed the work. I will send a carbon copy of this report to the BPA. I have made two images of the installation, and they are attached below.

Camera Shots:

जॉन खत्री
Captain
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies
Notification:

Rank Changes:

Ensign Ray Newton has been promoted to Lieutenant. You have shown excellent behavior and dedication Lieutenant, keep it up and show you're capable of more.

Lieutenant Pria Y'berg has been promoted to Lieutenant Commander. You have proven yourself in service, now prove yourself in leading if you wish to rise further.

Carina, Regina, Imperatrix!

Admiralty Board

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Greetings!

Today, during a little patrol in New London, i've decided to go a turn in Cambridge if all the convoys from Rheiland could process in security. I've jumped and directly, just near the gate of New London in Cambridge i've seen a Corsair transport alone. According to his guns and his position he wanted clearly attack some transports.

I've disrupt the lanes, and he tried to escape. But it was derisory. My cruise disruptors impacted him and he cut his engines. I've asked him why he was here. After one minut of silence he opened whithout warns fire. I've engaged him. The hull was reinforced by a solid armor, so it was a little hard to my Antimater gun to destroy him. However, after some minuts, he was destroyed.

That's all for today.

Camera shots: Attachment

Ray Newton
Lieutant
Bretonia Armed Forces

Open for Replies

This is Captain John Khatri reporting about a large battle fought yesterday in the Leeds System.

Border patrols registered a Gallic fleet that was potentially preparing to invade. We attempted to assemble one of our own, but it was going slower than expected. We called our allies from the Crayter Republic, who responded with three Deimos-class and one Zephyr-class. We managed to assemble two Invincible-class, one Dunkirk-class, one Crecy-class and one Challenger-class. Admiral Richard of the Crayter Military was the highest ranking officer present, so according to the Curacao Treaty, he was supposed to take command, but for whatever reason, he decided to bestow it to me. Perhaps he did not want to be blamed for a defeat and the loss of Bretonian lives. But, I was happy to take command. I noticed that the Gallic invasion was not happening as fast as we had foreseen, so I assumed that they, too, were having problems to gather enough ships. I ordered George Teeze from the Merchant Navy, our Challenger, to scout ahead. With him reporting it clear, we headed to Leeds via the jump hole. There we rallied. Teeze was sent to check Planet Leeds. The rest of our fleet headed to our second rally point, about 15K south of the planet. Teeze warned us that there was a large enemy capital fleet in its near orbit, and that is the last we heard of him.

We spotted them when we arrived to the rally point. They were five Valor-class, one Obstinate-class, one Triumph-class and one fighter of unknown class, which appeared to be firing at Teeze. I left the diplomacy to Admiral Richard. It failed. Teeze then got shot down. Admiral Richard ordered me to coordinate our advance. We proceeded forward. This was our strategy:

We arranged the Tornado (Crecy), the Rodney (Dunkirk) and the Nemesis (Zephyr) at the front. Our heavy battleships were behind. The first line was supposed to attract the enemy fire and then turn away, luring them to fire at ships that would dodge the fire, thus making them waste damage potential and energy. Our heavy battleships would then ram into them like a hammer. However, the first line moved with a slight delay, while the second line moved on time, which reduced the distance between us and the effectiveness of this strategy. The HMS Rodney was the first to come under enemy fire, but instead of proceeding and turning only when our own ships were close enough to fire their primary turrets, which I failed to mention to the Rodney's captain as I was convinced it implied, they turned away at once. This prompted the enemy to fire at the Poseidon, a Deimos-class. Our fleet had already fired heavy mortars at an enemy battleship, managing to score one hit into her bare hull. The enemy battleship then reversed. Another was slightly protruded from their formation and heading towards us, so we, all of us, quickly redirected fire to them. Our fleets collided. The HMS Londrino (Invincible), which had cloaked against my orders, uncloaked now and began firing at the Gallic battleship. I do not think that this has had any real effect, but it might have hit their morale. I will still object to cloaking in the future, because the mere presence of one cloaking device disruptor in the enemy fleet can foil the strategy and cause our doom.

The Gallic battleship was disabled surprisingly quickly. We targeted the next one. Nearly before we disabled her, too, we lost the Poseidon. The battle became a mess, but our fleet managed to stay focused. My ship, the Dover, became a target when three Gallic battleships were still floating. The RNS La Bagarreur (Valor), already damaged, was destroyed before much damage was done to us. I managed to maneuver the Dover above the next one, the RNS Ressentiment, so that my ship would be in their blind spot and so that they would block the incoming fire from the other battleship, the RNS Die. The Dover scored the last shot on the Ressentiment. The Londrino was, during most of the battle, firing at the Die, and they managed to destroy their target. The Gallic battlecruiser (RNS Chanzy) found themselves in the middle of our formation, and they were put out of action quickly. There was also a Molly Scylla-class lingering around, named "Born to Kill". I do not know what their business here was, but it is possible that they fired at our forces. The Londrino put them out of action. The remaining Gallic destroyer and their fighter fled in the direction of the Edinburgh Jump Gate.

When the dust settled, we counted our ships and counted that we lost two Deimos-class, the Poseidon and the Scotus, while the Dover was heavily damaged. The Gallic fleet lost five Valor-class and one Obstinate-class, while the Mollies lost one Scylla-class. We stayed in orbit of Planet Leeds a little longer, as we spotted a known Valor-class at the edge of our radar range, the RNS Tonnant II, but then they disappeared. Anticipating that the enemy might be trying to gather another fleet, a much larger one, we headed back to the Manchester System. No incidents occurred on our way back. The Dover should be repaired and ready by now.

I credit our relatively low casualty rate to our fleet being armed mostly with Cerberus Turrets, while their mostly had Mons Meg Turrets.

Camera Shots:

Allied Units Involved:
1) BAF|HMS-Dover (Invincible-Class; Heavily Damaged)
2) HMS-Londrino (Invincible-Class; Undamaged)
3) HMS-Rodney (Dunkirk-Class; Undamaged)
4) =CR=FV-Olympia|01 (Deimos-Class; Undamaged)
5) =CR=FV-Poseidon|02 (Deimos-Class; Destroyed)
6) =CR=FV-Scotus|08 (Deimos-Class; Destroyed)
7) =CR=FV-Nemesis (Zephyr-Class; Undamaged)
8) BAF|MN-HMS-Tornado (Crecy-Class; Damaged)
9) BAF|MN-George,Teeze (Challenger-Class; Destroyed)

Enemy Units Involved:
1) MRG|RNS-Ressentiment (Valor-Class; Destroyed)
2) RNS-Die (Valor-Class; Destroyed)
3) RNS-La.Avignon (Valor-Class; Destroyed)
4) RNS-ThunderBolt (Valor-Class; Destroyed)
5) RNS-La.Bagarreur (Valor-Class; Destroyed)
6) MRG|RNS-Chanzy (Obstinate-Class; Destroyed)
7) GRI|RNS-Bourgogne (Triumph-Class; Damaged)
8) [M]-"Born_to_Kill" (Scylla-Class; Destroyed)
9) GRI|Francois.Lecocq (Fighter; Lightly Damaged?)

जॉन खत्री
Captain
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies

This is Captain John Khatri reporting about a skirmish with a Zoner Nephilim-class that took place in Omega-3 about an hour ago.

I took the HMS Aegis, a leased Interdictor-class, from New London to Omega-3 for a patrol. I found a Nephilim-class, the GSP|Ganancha, at Freeport 1. They headed to Sprague, and I followed. I informed them about their violation of the Bretonian Charter of Interstellar Law, but they ignored it and proceeded. That was until they ran into a whole fleet of Corsair Imperator-class gunboats, obviously piloted by true rookies. The Zoner ship fired at them, and I ordered fire as well. We took care of them with barely a scratch on our paint.

After that I transferred the looted cargo to the Ganancha, as they had said they were on a mission and this fleet was, apparently, the one they were supposed to confront. After that I continued with my pleads to the Zoner to leave Bretonia, and I requested no fine. They were refusing each time, answering that they have a right to be in Omega-3 because Geneva Station, recently approved by the BPA and built by the Zoners, was their home. They kept claiming that some unnamed BPA officer allowed them to stay in Omega-3, but did not specify if the officer also allowed them to bring a Nephilim-class with them when I asked, nor named the BPA officer. When I asked them to stop so I can check, they refused. When I threatened with fire, they also refused. I fired a warning shot, but they refused again. Then I continued my fire. They declared war on us and fired several shots back, including a Hurricane torpedo and a Nightmare torpedo, but none hit our hull. They moved into the Freeport 1 no-fire-zone at impulse speed. Their hull integrity was at around 10% when they appeared to have moored with Freeport 1 and cloaked or performed a hyperspace jump, after which we ceased fire.

After this, I tried to find an official permission for their ship to enter Omega-3, but I found none. I urge the Board to share this information with the BPA, since Geneva Station seems to be involved in this illegal action. The logs and some camera shots are in the attachments.

Additionally, an IC transport by the name of Richland passed by the Freeport at the moment when the Ganancha moored. Before that, they had informed me that there was an Outcast ship in New London. I assumed that he was only panicking without a need and I could not check because I was busy, but I raised the alarm just in case. The IC captain later classed the ship as a gunboat. Commander Seeley French answered the call, and recently reported me that the Outcast ship was shot down. I told him to make a report about it.

Camera Shots:

Allied Units Involved:
1) BAF|A-HMS-Aegis (Interdictor-class; Scratched)

Enemy Units Involved:
1) GSP|Ganancha (Nephilim-class; Escaped)

जॉन खत्री
Captain
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies

Encryption: Ceylon

This report is about the action that took place in New London near Southampton not long ago.

Captain John Khatri called me to check New London for an Outcast gunboat that was pirating merchant ships. I took the Indefatigable over my command, a Churchill-class, and headed there from the Norfolk. I encountered an Outcast ship named DavyJones close to Planet Dover. It was a very fitting name for a swashbuckling pirate, and it gave me even more reason to follow, which i did. They stopped near Southampton. I hailed them and ask them to reply, on what I received the following words, very loudly, and directly to my personal communicator: "Prepare to die, copper!" This is why I refuse to modernize and wear headphones. After this my ship's shield started receiving shots. The Indefatigable, all that heap of alloy, barely even shook, and I ordered fire. We dropped their shield with our two pulse cannons surprisingly quickly, hammered them with a forward gun shot, which almost went right through them, and finished off what tin foil was still holding them together with our five traditional BMM-produced primary cannons. The DavyJones exploded spectacularly, but much to the embarrassment of the legendary outlaw's name.

After this I docked the ship with Southampton and told the bartender about our adventure. He said he saw it all from the window, but refused to let my crew and me have a free drink on the pretext that fighting was very usual around Southampton and that he did not have enough free drinks for every fighter. I suggest that he does an intoxication test, because he seemed as if he had more than enough free drinks for himself.

Camera Shots:

Allied Units Involved:
1) BAF|HMS-Indefatigable (Churchill-Class; Undamaged)

Enemy Units Involved:
1) DavyJones (Montante-Class; Destroyed)

Seeley French
Commander
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies