Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonian Armed Forces Defense Intelligence Staff (DIS) (iRP) (AO)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 7VIhVAm.png?3]
[Image: FmvrTIS.png]

[Incoming Transmission]

[Source: Battleship Harbinger ]
[Directed: BAF Admiralty board/Minister of Defence.]
[Encryption: Very High]
[Priority: Very High]

[CommID: Admiral Charles Davis]
[Establishing video uplink...]

Fellow colleges,

I would like to report on yesterdays battle that took place in the Newcastle system near the object. As we predicted a nomad fleet in some mysterious way made its appearance near the object and began it attack, the mustered allied forces that came to our took the brunt of the enemy assault wiping out any and all enemy capital class assets on the spot. As the enemy capital vessels were taken out of the battle the snub forces began to assault and may I say it was a bloody nightmare. Fighters from all kinds of affiliations and loyalties, our sensors were barely detecting any enemy fighters from all the friendly signals. However the snub fight prolonged a then the capital fight.

The moment the last enemy snub craft got taken out the object began to emit some kind of a radiation it tried to open a vortex to where I don't know. But what it did was to power up a shield that defends the Object and all ships within radius of 10 K from the object got their weapons destroyed, some ships were even destroyed. I can only speculate that this object sensed it was pinned and released some kind of a defence mechanism. it also inquires us that the object may or may not have some form of intelligence or instinct for self-preservation. we cant be sure untill we have rescue the Scientiests on Grimsby and Sunderland station.

On the matter about Grimsby Admiral Norma Clark has not yet established contact with the Battleship nor the Sunderland station, we have also been unable to contact Captain Oliver Davis and his Containment assault teams. and with a sad heart I must declare them MIA. The Newcastle fleet remains on full Combat readiness for the next wave I will post updates as I receive them.

Attached files

In honour to the Queen and the Kingdom of Bretonia ,
Charles Davis
Admiral
Bretonia Armed Forces Newcastle fleets[/indent][/size]

End Transmission

[Image: fwMnlxx.png?1]

[Incoming Transmission]

[Source: Battleship Harbinger ]

[CommID: Admiral Charles Davis]

Fellow colleges,

I wish to report good news from the Newcastle front lines. The unknown object has vanished, how, where and why I can't answer, because when it was in the process of doing what it did. It jammed all of our comms, surveillance equipment and so on. Its current whereabouts at the moment are unknown but I can say with a 150% its not in the Newcastle system any more.

And to continue with the good news we received hails and comms from the Battleship Grimsby of the 11th fleet and Sunderland research station that they require aid. I sent a small recon team to check things out and when they give the all clear the Harbinger moved closer to provide aid to the Grimsby personal. What we discovered from the recorders and black boxes is that the entire personal on the Grimsby and her fleet were knocked out by Azurite radiation and thus were unable to respond. Admiral Norma Clark has taken command of the 11th Fleet again overseeing operations of the fleet and making an a investigation.

I will also report that Sunderland station is intact and most of the staff there was saved due to the efforts of Captain Oliver Davis and his containment team he expressed great desire to speak with you and admiral Clark personally. The Sunderland injured have been all cleared from quarantine and they were transferred on the Harbinger's medical bay where they are recovering. You can find the Captain there. The casualties from Sunderland however will be processed as hazardous materials and will be burned down after autopsies, I am sad to report on Professor Cameron demise as well along side 35 more people.

I have put the Newcastle fleets on stand by until Admiral Norma Clark gives the all clear, that we can return to our normal duties. I would also like to request that all allied forces to return from where they came from since tension is raising between some factions. I am also reporting that the system is safe for civilian traffic.

Attached files

In honour to the Queen and the Kingdom of Bretonia ,
Charles Davis
Admiral
Bretonia Armed Forces Newcastle fleets

End Transmission

[Image: talia_d.gif]

[Incoming Transmission]

[Source: Her majesty ship Minerva ]

[CommID: Commander Olivia Sunderland]

Respected Admiralty board ,

I would like to report about a Gallic citizen by the name of Charles.Anoch, that made a contact with us after the heavy attacks on New London orbit. Apparently he is looking for a asylum from the Kingdom of Bretonia instead of the Council organisation. I interrogated the lad and occording to his story for some reason the Gallic Navy MP was chasing him to the extent that it made him seek aid in Bretonia. The lad has been in the Royal Navy for 3 years serving in Tau-31 system he also brought his daughter with him. We took the man in custody and left him on Battleship Suffolk as the Nomads were gathering for a second wave on New London I am attaching communication logs.

After that situation the Minerva returned to Planet New London where we had to stay in orbit to organise and lead the defence fleet against the nomad incursions against the planet coming from the rock formation. Most of the waves were fought off and with no nomad vessels that made it to the surface.

With respect ,
Olivia Sunderland
Commander
Bretonia Armed Forces 4th Assault fleet

End Transmission

***Incoming Transmission***

Sender ID: Nicole Brennan
Subject: Nomad incursion in New London

Evening Lads,

Last week It appeared that the strange structure that appeared by Planet New London brought some nomads with it. With the structure gone the nomad attacks have come to end. During this time however I have several confirmed kills against various types of "Infected" Nomad ships, as several of the nomad vessels seemed to be human-made ships that were under nomad influence. 2 Gunboats, one of Bounty Hunter origin and one of Blood Dragon Origin were involved in the "battle" that took place when the Structure first appeared. Both were destroyed along with an infected "Bayonet" class heavy fighter that appeared.

Guncamera shots

Thats all for now-Nicole

***Transmission End***
***Incoming Transmission***

Sender ID: Nicole Brennan
Subject: Dublin 3-way

Evening Lads,

Today, just recently actually I was on patrol through the Dublin system when I encountered a Coalition fighter. He had quite a cocky attitude claiming I was no threat too him. Proved to be quite unfortunate for him as soon after he attacked me he winded up in pieces. Shortly after a corsair bomber and Gunboat appeared near me on patrol. Both took the fight as an advantage to attack me, in doing so the bomber was destroyed and I fled from the gunboat before anything else could appear to attack me.

Contact

Coalition fighter destroyed

Corsair bomber destroyed

Thats all for now-Nicole

***Transmission End***
- Message Class: Textual -

-= High Encryption =-

Priority: Medium
To: Admiralty Board

Honourable Admiralty Board,

Five days ago I received the following transmission. The messages are apparently arranged by descending order for a reason unknown to me:

Hereby I request to send an agent with a Clydesdale to the Omicron Theta and Kappa systems, the prior being where the alleged Bowex convoy was attacked. I also suggest that the Bowex database is checked for any ships named "Cruvos" and, if there are any, their last destination. In case my request is approved, I would also require information of how to reach the two systems and if there is a station containing the word "port" in the Omicron Theta system and Planet Gammu in Kappa. I would convey the information to the agent, as I doubt it would be wise if I went there myself, not because of security, but rather because the southern fleets need someone to manage them.
In a different occasion I would be a lot less interested as our chances of saving a Bowex convoy in a system I do not know how to reach are negligible, but I have had previous contacts with the civilian Carrier Lazurite. By my knowledge they work for the Gauls. I caught them unsuccessfully trying to assist a Valor once, in Leeds. They admitted an intention to commit a surprise terrorist attack on Waterloo Station, but there was no evidence of that and I let them go when the captain informed me of a supposed very important Gallic scientists' meeting in the Edinburgh system. There I have not found any scientists, but instead a Vache named Tadius-5 carrying suspicious goods which later appeared to be involved in hacking the systems of a BMF Waran which was with me. The captain of the Tadius-5 claimed to be a certain Markus Tezaurus and not to be working for the Gauls, despite the obvious. I was commanding the Dauntless at that time. Her systems held firm and the BMF pilot regained control of his ship once I disabled the Tadius-5. A unit of the mentioned cargo should still be in the hold of the BMF|StarDust, in case an inspection is necessary. I must also mention that I thought I had lost a small contingent of marines aboard the Tadius-5, but later an exact replica of it appeared and returned the same. It is possible that my crew and I were under the influence of the cargo we had beamed in, so I still stand by my conclusion that it was an attempted Gallic trap. For the same reason I destroyed all the cargo but that mentioned unit. The marines were still there and lost all memory of what had happened, so I suppose I had not given the order to board the ship at all. This is all the evidence I have left, an Obstinate trying to defend its transport.
I did not consider this case important before, which is why it has taken me so long to report it, but today I put some pieces together. It is almost obvious that this is again a trap, but if we can get someone expendable to fall into it, we could study it from the inside, and determine how intense Gallic business and relations with the Omicrons are and what is their aim concerning that region. Ideally we can be one step ahead of them. Still, I find one thing rather blurry and I believe that it should be clarified before and if my request is approved. In case this is a trap and it is obvious that I will not go there personally, what are they intending to catch?

Yours sincerely,.....................................................
Admiral George R. Hall OBE

- Open for Replies -

-= High Encryption =-

To: BAF DIS

Report on: Operation Warwolf

For me, the 24th of January started with a report of a missed chance to besiege and destroy the CGS|HQ, a core 4 terrorist installation in Devon Asteroid Field, New London System. The station had seven weapon platforms, but its hull had started disintegrating a day before. Unfortunately its suppliers were faster to react than us.
Considering that southern Bretonia was relatively well secured by our and allied defenders, I decided to dedicate a little more attention, at least temporarily, to the capital. I borrowed a few police drones from Cambridge and used them to monitor the CGS|HQ during the next two weeks. I also took care to set up two agents aboard Trafalgar Base, since that is where the CGS|HQ was drawing its supplies from, as a drone discovered. We used coded language to communicate, in case someone hacked the vital transmissions.
The agent's last message arrived yesterday, slightly belated, but it brought good news. After that, I sent a drone to monitor the CGS|HQ for the time being, and alerted our idle ships to be in the New London System today before 13:00 o'clock Sirius Mean Time.
After a good rest, I moved the Thunderer from Cambridge to the location and started the siege between 8:30 and 9:00 SMT today. More Armed Forces ships, mostly Dunkirks and Invincibles, arrived to the scene before the scheduled time, which pleasantly surprised me. As the target was managing to keep its hull integrity together and the weapon platforms were preventing us to approach close enough to land hits with more effective tertiary turrets, we were settled with usage of artillery only. For that reason I decided it was necessary to ask the Liberty Navy for a task force to assist us. We recieved an Interdictor and an Archer from them. I also contracted Bowex and Gateway to supply the fleet with some tea in order to keep the operation smooth and with as few stress as possible. Bowex merchants managed to sell me more than I asked for, but there was no response from Gateway. I divided the tea and other luxury goods equally over Her Majesty's ships. I wanted to share it with the Libertonians, but they did not seem particularly delighted about it, which I would soon be thankful for.
The hull of the CGS|HQ had already started buckling when, without any obvious reason, Prica_Srbija, an Archer-class, approached dangerously close to a weapon platform. The ship was mercilessly ripped apart within seconds, but we saved most of the crew. The Interdictor-class, the LN-CB69-Indefatigable, followed suit not very long after, and suffered the same fate. I am afraid that the explosive gasses had taken out some of the pods, but we saved a considerable number of the crew. Many were injured, albeit lightly, but two more died in the Thunderer's medical bay. Another major casualty includes the HMS-Outlander, an Invincible. The ship was lost seconds before the target was deconstructed. They approached a weapon platform, possibly due to a situation-caused arrogant sort of a stance. I assume that the captain wanted to compete at durability with the installation, placing Her Majesty's ship and its crew at stake. It did not go as planned. We managed to save all of the tea, but some of the crew are still missing. I hope that other ships are going to report them as found and uninjured soon. Other casualties include two strike craft. The pilots have been rescued.
I would also like to point out that the weapon platforms were impossible or at least very difficult to disarm. I have no insight in what technology was used in their construction, and I regret that we have not managed to steal it. Nevertheless, the day ended with our triumph, and I think that we should be satisfied. We have saved some of the CGS|HQ crew, most of them janitors, mechanics and other utility workers, or so they claim to be. If there were any high ranking members of their organization on board, they have either perished, or they are disguised and waiting to be identified.
The operation could have been executed with fewer losses. This is war though, and soldiers die. But today for a cause, and for a rightful one too. I have not yet thought of a better death. May their sacrifice not only be for today, but may it also teach us lessons that will enable us to prevent the same in the future. The recordings and relevant correspondence are in the attachments below the list of casualties. Most of the tea is safe in the Thunderer's cargo hold.
Long live Queen Carina the First.

Casualties:
1) HMS-Outlander (Invincible)
2) LN-CB69-Indefatigable (Interdictor)
3) Prica_Srbija (Archer)
4) Tavish.DeGroot Privateer (Challenger)
5) Bowex)Quentin.Pelham (Clydesdale)

Relevant Correspondence:
1) To: BAF Admiralty (Announcement of Operation Warwolf; confirmation of Agent Napoleon's legitimacy)
2) BAF Admiralty Board (Coded correspondence with Agent Napoleon)
3) To: All BAF and BPA Captains and Pilots (Fleet orders)
4) To: Children of the Great Spirit (Transmissions to the CGS)
5) To: Bowex and Gateway (Correspondence with the corporations)
6) To: Liberty Navy (Request for assistance sent to the Liberty Navy)
7) To: BPA (Information about the only known supplier; request for an investigation about Trafalgar's involvement)

Recordings:
#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

- Open for Replies -
[Image: 6MjjVth.png]

Good evening pilots, Captains, and troops.

You all have fought valiantly over the last year, and today some of you must be recognised for that, in the sacrifices you have made, and your dedication to your house. I will also take this oppotunity to thank each and every one of you for your service thus far, and the honour you have earned in the protection of our people, and our home. Stay strong ladies and gentlemen.

Ensign Porkfield, F

We have watched you in operations against the gauls, and we believe you have trained to a suitable standard of officers in the field. Today we reward you with the promotion to the rank of Lieutenant. May you aid others in their career with the Armed Forces. Good luck out there Lieutenant.

Lieutenants Fleming, J & Garrand, D.

Your continued service, and assistance with the Ensigns has led us to believe you are operating above your workstation. Thus, we see fit to award you each the rank of Lieutenant Commander. You will find command training in the "Gunboat" class open to you. Requests for posting on active gunboats can be filed with the Requisitions Office. Good luck to you both, and may you defend Her Majesty's Borders.

Lieutenant Commander Acker, A.

Your continued excellence with snubcraft has led us to believe your would be better posted to a command position. As such, we award you the rank of Commander, with the wish that you lead our fighter forces to battle, and continue in the official training of both recruits and command alike. Your skills and service to Her Majesty are invaluable.

Lieutenant Commander Brennan, N.

You command insight with capital class vessels is exemplary, and your crew speaks highly of you. We wish to continue your command training in a much larger capacity, and as such, award you the rank of Commander, with my own recommendation for Cruiser command. I suggest you also spend time with Admiral Hall. He usually sets young officers on the right track for Captaincy over Dunkirk and Invincible class vessels. Congratulations Commander.

Congratulations to all. you may take the evening off, and commence with your duties in your new roles at 0800 tomorrow morning. You will find the Quartermaster at your base fleet headquarters prepared to outfit you all with relevant uniform and equipment updates. Good luck in your new roles.

To the officers who did not recieve a promotion, worry not. Continue to work with command and these officers, and you will quickly find yourself also making your way up the command ladder. Keep buggering on lads. You know we can win this!

Fleet Admiral Michelle O'Brian
First Sea Lord
Commander of Her Majesty's Armed Forces

Bretonian Command

-= Very High Encryption =-

Priority: Very High

Today I received a few messages from Markus Tezaurus, mentioned in my second last report. He was allegedly in the Omicron Delta System due to a certain "Kappa Mission". He told me that a group of artificial intelligence entities had captured an Osiris-class, which was, as he said, by that time in the Coronado System and heading to Cortez. He informed me that the ship had "standard equipment", a cloaking device and that it was carrying nuclear devices as well. I sent two ships to the Cortez System, the Dunkirk-class BRF|HMS-Elephant and Commander Seeley French with his Challenger. Commander French has provided me with a detailed report.
By his words, the Elephant was guarding Curacao and he was checking the Coronado Jump Hole in Cortez for the second time (it was clear the first, but then he received some radar interference) when the Osiris-class, named Jahimees, suddenly un-cloaked at the Elephant and started firing. The Elephant was able to overcome them. Neither French nor the Elephant detected any survivors nor corpses among the remain, as if the ship was fully automated.
The next notable thing that happened was the appearance of a Perilous-class. The ship was flying and changing direction, but they detected no life forms on board. Instead, it was carrying an almost full load of hydrogen-cyanide. French attacked it and ordered the Elephant to guard Curacao should the Perilous approach the planet. The Perilous shot back. French has reported me that the ship apparently had an "ion storm generator" mounted, which was messing with his systems and making his aim difficult. Then, the ship suddenly stopped and ceased fire. It started emitting a human voice, or so it appeared. The voice identified itself as Markus Tezaurus, who was allegedly aboard Freeport 11 and managed to hack into the Perilous' systems. He said that there was a certain group of artificial intelligence units called the XT, which were specialized at taking over the controls of various ships by a malware programme, much like Tezaurus did to the BMF pilot in Edinburgh. I do not know what does the abbreviation stand for. Tezaurus added that the XT had taken over a small fleet of ships during mere two weeks, some of which had been seen and some destroyed by "his people" or the law enforcement in Liberty. He said that their base of operation is located on Planet Gammu in the Omicron Kappa System, of which French was given the coordinates. I have no doubt that you can see the potential this malware could have in a war against us. Apparently they still cannot hack through the jump gate firewall and thus cannot use those, but it is only a matter of time. I also have no doubt that you realize what potential the malware could have if it was in our hands. I believe that we have to race with anyone who aims to steal it, and to beat them at all costs. Whether we should destroy the facility or take it for us is on you to decide.
With Tezaurus not having finished the conversation yet, the virus took over the ship again and continued firing at French. For unknown reasons, but probably in order to prevent us from salvaging the wreckage, it headed towards the Cortez star and melted down completely. Nothing could be salvaged.
Commander French was lucky that a Kusari Exile pilot, Murashige Kumagae, who was also on the scene, had a contact in the Order. It was namely a certain Alex, the captain of the gunboat named Lambda. Kumagae established a communication and French was informed that the Order were already planning to attack the facility on the 14th of February, and required help. I had rather not work with the Order, but I am certain that we must either prevent them from stealing the virus, or assist them in destroying the central facility on Gammu.
After transmitting me the report from Birmingham Station, French left to the Magellan System with the Elephant in order to help the Liberty Navy against the Gauls. Neither have returned yet. I suggest that we alert our defenders and send a scout team.
Meanwhile, I will contact the Liberty authorities to ask what they know about the XT.
Long live the Queen!

Attachment 1
Attachment 2

- Open for Replies -

-= High Encryption =-

Good day,
today I got a SOS signal from a miner in Dublin, they reported 2 Mollys near the independent mining field.

After I arrived in Dublin and found this Mollys, a Z-9000 "Barghest" Molly Bomber named [M]-George.Lass and a RA-9 "Scylla" Molly Destroyer named [M]-Saoirse, also an Bretonia "Crecy"-class Destroyer named HMS-Black.Prince was there. After a short chat with this Mollys I opened the fire on them.

As you can see, a Bowex vessel joined me and offered me his help. A few minutes later I and the Bowex vessel decided to check Arranmore Base where we found another 2 Molly pilots.
A Z-4800 "Greyhound" Pirate Very Heavy Fighter named [M]-Greyhound and another Z-4800 "Greyhound" Pirate Very Heavy Fighter named [M]-Blodwyn,O'Driscoll.. I thought this is a good day to show again the power of the Bretonian Armed Forces so I engaged this Mollys.

Well, this other Molly refused to fight and just flew away.
That was all.

Recordings:
1.Molly bomber down
2.Molly fighter down

Lieutenant Commander David Garrand

- Open for Replies -