Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonian Armed Forces Defense Intelligence Staff (DIS) (iRP) (AO)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Textual
Encryption: High
To: BAF DIS

The operation has been running smoothly. We've confirmed two major supply chains and their alternate pathings, as well as numbers moving via the gate into New London. Exact numbers and following data will be transmitted separately.

Due to their operations within Bretonian space, I have made contact with the Liberty Security Force. They are currently fielding the Task Force Fidelity for operations in our space, containing seven capital class vessels and three strike wings. Tactical data has been transferred to us and we shall be moving it to command with the other relevant information.

Lastly and most importantly. During our scanning ops we picked up a larger than normal naval movement. We carefully moved in and found a massive battlefleet moving from the Taus into Leeds. On inspection we have it being highly likely it is the Battlefleet Guillestre which has defended Tau-23 for multiple years. Reasons for it's movement is unknown, however we observed it refueling and refitting in Leeds orbit before moving into the East Smog Field. There, it's battlefleet has spread out and appears to be attempting to lock down refugee movements from the planet while supporting the Gaul's claim of Leeds.

We are being forced to the navigational 'west' side of the system, and may take our operations further north into the Taus.

Malachy Marshall
Commander
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open to Replies

Encryption: Medium

While commanding the Indefatigable, my team took on a forward wing of Gallics that got close to our lines. I moved out to meet it, and was successful in taking down the main fleet Perilous Gunboat Constant. With the superior hull of the Churchill, I was able to force one of their bombers to get caught up in it's own blast, demolishing it. The final bomber fled the area back towards Southampton.

Piper Barbara
Lt. Commander
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open to Replies

Message Class: Audio-Visual

[Image: Eva_Flameheart1.jpg]

Good evening, DIS.
Commander Flameheart reporting about fight, that took place today in Leeds system. I am, captian of C|-CLN-Toulouse and Guepard-01 met a Gallic cruiser "Force-Majeure" and two MRG snub-sized ships. After a short dialogue, they opened fire on us. Soon reinforcements arrived to both sides. We sucsessfully managed to destroy their fleet and come back to New London system.

That's all for now.

Eva Flameheart
Commander
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open to Replies

Encryption: Ceylon

This report is about a skirmish that took place today in the Omega-3 and 7 systems.

Our patrol consisted of a Dunkirk, the Westminster, and three snubcraft, two of them fighters and myself in a Challenger. We met a pirate Waran near Freeport 1, which Lieutenant Vincent Greene engaged, so the rest of us planned to proceed to Aland. An IMG Thanatos then came out of the lane at Freeport 1, but immediately tried to cruise back. I caught it using the lane. The Westminster attacked it near Aland, but was hindered by some IMG weapon platforms that somehow found their way there (???), despite the enormous distance between them and their command centre, Falster Station. Due to that our bombers, who were a certain Sarah Mountbatten of the SIS and me, attacked the IMG Thanatos. It was going well, until an SIS reserve fleet Liberty battlecruiser by the name of Saber came from a random direction and attacked the Thanatos contrary to orders. As they did not listen to me, I simply exploited the moment and ceased my attack as risking my ship and life was no longer necessary, and told Mountbatten to do the same, to which she complied. The cruise disruptor staff aboard the Saber seemed to lack vigilance, as they let the Thanatos cruise away. I caught them at the Omega-7 jumpgate, which they entered, so the rest of the battle was fought there. Other units could not follow due to Rheinland's laws prohibiting our battleships and our intelligence service access. Nevertheless, I managed to bring the Thanatos, which had full hull integrity but no nanobots left, to about 5% hull integrity. Seeing no other exit, they moored with Freistadt Base and hid behind its shielding.

After this I planned to go back to Cambridge, but I spotted an Order Waran at Freeport 1. The pilot was speaking with a bounty hunter, who flew a Manta. I trusted the hunter's advantage in ship class and skill, so I went to give my ship some quick repairs on Sprague. Following that, I returned to the scene of battle, only to find the hunter apparently losing. While my ship was standing there and I was trying to decide whether to engage or not, the Order pilot fired upon my ship, getting through half of my shield. I had to leave the teacup for later and I accepted the challenge. The bounty hunter was shot down promptly, but the Order pilot seemed not to be an ace of any sort, and they were losing decisively, having taken several of their own mines into their hull. Certainly desperate, the pilot fired two Nova torpedoes in the end, while I was aiming my SNAC, which disabled both our ships. I have been rescued by a patrol, and despite my hardships and injuries, still forced to write a battle report, and that between two medical examinations.

What happened with Lieutenant Greene and the pirate bomber, I do not know know. I also do not know what happened with the Order pilot, but since I have survived the ejection, they are likely to have as well.

Enemy Losses:
1) Order|Rockhound (Waran)

Allied Losses:
1) My tea supply
2) One Challenger-class
3) My right index fingernail
4) A lot of hair from the top of my head (was cut off by the pod door closing earlier than intended due to the explosion)
5) The homogeny of my skin tan (I suffered bruises)
6) Possible injuries of my spine (ejection inertia; back hurts, waiting for a scan)
7) Some bounty hunter

Camera Shots:
#1, #2, #3, #4.

Seeley French
Commander
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies
[Image: C0pwTr8.png]

With the recent victory in Cortez, mobile assets moved back to New London for restock. Having recently gotten approval for an Invincible, I had only linked up with it from Aland when Gallic and Corsair movement in the system was pinged. Even though we were still getting adjusted to the Goliath, we went into combat with the Aegis, the Westminster, the Illustrious, and a Council Redemption. Commanding fighter and bomber wings was Teeze and Y'Berg.

Opposition was mainly a scattered force that attempted to ambush us as we slipped by them to Southampton. We marked major assets as a Corsair Battleship as well as a Valor. Additional support for them came in the form of a Gallic Destroyer, a Gallic Battlecruiser, an unconfirmed gunboat, as well as a fighter wing. My main targets were the battleship and dreadnought, both skirted and outmaneuvered. The Valor fell first before us in the initial exchange. After some exchanges, our forces were able to direct and charge the Corsair vessel and it too fell to our batteries.

For the maiden battle for the Goliath, I have to say we have been given good luck and the Queen's grace. We won't let Bretonia down. We'll see Leeds as ours once more.

Malachy Marshall
Commander
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open to Replies
Notification:

Rank Changes:
HRH Prince James Is hereby assigned to the 5th Mounted Rifles (Otago Hussars) as Colonel of the Regiment. You should be aware that these troops have seen service on Leeds & Planet Sydney, as such the regiment is severely undermanned. You are charged with bringing them back to combat strength, they will be rotated back to the Leeds front before the end of the year.

Carina, Regina, Imperatrix!
Notification:

Promotion:

Commander Martin Beck, long serving, loyal member of the Bretonian Armed Forces, in recognition of his service to the force, has been promoted to rank of Captain, effective immediately. Furthermore, the secondary fleet Dunkirk, H.M.S Fortitude has been called up to the primary fleet for service under the command of the newly promoted Captain Beck.

Carina, Regina, Imperatrix!

Admiralty Board, Commodore John Redmond

To: BAF DIS, Admiralty Board

[Image: jXFJtw6.png]

Good evening, DIS.

Upon being called to review the new security arrangements for Aland, I made my way towards Omega-3 and found one GRI cloaking battlecruiser, \*/~Alsace, trying to disrupt the local transit. Captain Martin Beck, in the BAF|HMS-Auckland, provided close fire support and together we eliminated the threat.

After the operational security review, I returned to New London and engaged a snub squad from the Ambazac that were doing a deep recon nearby the Cambridge jump-gate. Needless to say, the targets are now gone.

Without anything else to add,

Kaze Nelson Reidman Dagon
Admiral
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open to Replies
Priority: High

This is Commander Adolf Acker. I have returned to active service in the reserve fleet after sustaining severe injuries in combat and request immediate transfer our primary forces, as I find myself completely recovered and ready for combat. As proof, I bring a couple of presents:

Ship destruction
Ship destruction

Adolf Acker
Commander
Bretonian Armed Forces

To: BAF DIS, Commander Adolph Acker

[Image: jXFJtw6.png]

Good day.

Your paperwork of return to active duty has been duly processed. You are now assigned to the Essex Fleet, 3-4th Heavy Lancers. They are currently allocated to the Goliath Task-Force, under ICELANCE duty. White Victoria wing is yours, comprised of B-1290 "Templar". Report in the next six standard hours.

Welcome home, Commander. Our work is not done yet.

Without anything else to add,

Kaze Nelson Reidman Dagon
Admiral
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open to Replies