Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonian Armed Forces Defense Intelligence Staff (DIS) (iRP) (AO)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Textual
Encryption: Pranava Mantra
To: BAF DIS

This is Captain John Khatri reporting about a battle that took place today in Omega-3 and a battle that took place today in Magellan.

I took the Aegis on a patrol through Omega-3. As it usually happens, I spotted an enemy ship near Freeport 1. It was a Corsair Murmillo-class. The name was the Zaulutia. They were armed with a Heavy Mortar, a Nightmare Torpedo, Corsair Primaries and Corsair Secondaries. We attacked them. We were winning slowly, but at that moment a Red Hessian Jormugand-class by the name of Orszaghaz appeared. Both of them stating they hated the Armed Forces, for the sake of satisfying their emotional needs they joined forces. I issued an SOS call to the Central. Deckman George Teeze of the Merchant Navy responded, and was soon there with a Challenger. The two pirate captains were, apparently, very inexperienced, and the Orszaghaz was not as armoured as I expected a Jormugand to be (albeit still very formidably), so, thanks to the speed and agility of the Aegis, we managed to outmaneuver their fire and slowly destroy them one by one. Teeze was providing useful support with his CD and Scorchers. The Aegis suffered serious damage at the end, but we managed to emerge victorious and return to Bretonia Proper for repairs.

Camera Shots:

Allied Units Involved:
1) BAF|A-HMS-Aegis (Interdictor-Class; Heavily Damaged)
2) BAF|MN-George,Teeze (Challenger-Class; Undamaged?)

Enemy Units Involved:
1) Zaulutia (Murmillo-Class; Destroyed)
2) Orszaghaz (Jormugand-Class; Destroyed)

But the more important reason why I am writing this report is what happened in Magellan. Our border patrols alerted us about a possible invasion of Manchester, so we gathered a fleet at Planet New London. As the invasion was not happening, and we managed to gather a large fleet, I decided for a preventive attack. We moved into Magellan with three Dunkirk-class, one Hydra-class and several strike craft. There were also two BPA strike craft in our fleet, but they stayed in New London to maintain order. We only saw one Valor-class and one Cougar-class when we reached what was left of Freeport 4. However, I received a report that one of the BPA strike craft in New London was destroyed by an Obstinate-class, so I sent Flag Officer Martin Beck of the Fortitude (Dunkirk) back. When he moored in Manchester, he switched ships, and took command over the Aegis. I also sent a certain Johny, a reservist with a Challenger, and Marcus Boone of the Merchant Navy. The Gauls in Magellan then received an Obstinate -class. By the time I was done with my tea, and attempted to communicate with them several times. Each time I only received silence. Thus, I ordered the attack. The Valor was destroyed first, followed by the Obstinate. The Cougar was gunned down by the Crayter gunboat, contrary to my orders, which were to save ammunition, as we had strike craft of our own for the job. Another Valor, called the Gaulgall, then appeared. Our other Dunkirk, called the Vigorous Incompetence for whatever reason (whoever is in charge of ship naming, please take a look at that), had a green crew in need of experience, so I ordered them to dispose of the Valor in this controlled situation. They did so nearly flawlessly, but I must mention that the Gallic captain and crew resorted to underhanded tactics out of desparation -- namely, they fired at a Council bomber that was standing still (and failed at destroying it), and they attempted to fire at the Sovereign, which i was in command of, when we were in an unfavourable position. However, they failed at that, too, inflicting us but a scratch on our paint. Flag Officer Beck reported that the Obstinate from New London was dealt with. I expect Beck to do a more detailed report on his action.

This was not the most important part.

A Gaian Guard gunboat by the name of Raven was present during the battle. Several Auxesia strike craft and one of the Hellfire Primary Fleet attacked it. Because of our non-aggression pact with the Gaians, I ordered them to cease fire, but they refused. I did not want to cause any greater incidents, so I demanded nothing further, but promised to have this recorded. An audio recording is in an attachment below.

PS: The Council pilot suggested we make a lend-lease contract with ships, after seeing the Aegis. The Admiralty should expect a message from the Council.

Camera Shots:

Allied Units Involved:
1) BAF|HMS-Sovereign (Dunkirk-Class; Scratched)
2) BAF|A-HMS-Aegis (Interdictor-Class; Damaged?)
3) Vigorous.Incompetence (Dunkirk-Class; Scratched)
4) =CR=FV-Iblis (Hydra-Class; Undamaged)
5) BAF|Lt.Lizzie.Wednesday (Challenger-Class; Undamaged?)
6) BAF|MN-Marcus.Boone (Havoc Mk II-Class; Undamaged?)
7) BAF|MN-George,Teeze (Challenger-Class; Destroyed)
8) =CR=Vatman (Unknown Strike Craft; Undamaged?)
9) [C]-Yukon.Noir.02 (Basilisk-Class; Damaged)
10) BPA)Canberra (Unknown; Destroyed)
11) BPA)Waldorf.Salad (Challenger-Class; Damaged?)

Enemy Units Involved:
1) RNS-Jeanne.D'Arc (Valor-Class; Destroyed)
2) RNS-Gaulgall (Valor-class; Destroyed)
3) MRG|RNS-La.Rochelle (Obstinate-Class; Destroyed)
4) RNS-Jacques.Valliant (Obstinate-Class; Destroyed)
5) MRG|Enzo.Lacroix (Cougar-Class; Destroyed)

Concurrent Unrelated Battle:
1) GG-W-Raven (Claymore-Class; Destroyed)
2) [HF]-Stoneheart (Unknown Strike Craft; Damaged?)
3) A/)-Strix (Unknown Strike Craft; Damaged?)
4) A/)-Blaze (Unknown Strike Craft; Damaged?)

जॉन खत्री
Captain
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies
[Image: 264px-BAF_Logo.png]
Encryption: Omega Silver
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Scouting Report 825.04.14.
This is Lt. Wednesday, coming with an unexpected scouting report.
I know, wasn't supposed to go there in the first place, but here it goes:
It started in Orkney, myself and a council bomber were disrupting shipments, when a gunboat and a battlecruiser took up defensive positions at the entrances of the minefield around the Languedoc jump hole. Since there was no chance of escape through the minefield, and no support to take on either opponent (the council bomber was left long ago by this point), I've decided that the best course of action was jumping into Languedoc, and go home on a route that nobody could've excepted: across the heart of Gallia. During the journey, i've never encountered a single patrol, which can mean two things: Either all of their combat ready units are stationed on, or close to the frontlines, or they're sloppy.
Both of them represents the opportunity that small raiding parties can easily hit strategic targets (gun camera pictures included, i was able to sneak sso Close to New Paris, that i could've launced devestating strikes against surface targets, given the right armaments.
The route consisted of systems
Languedoc
Provence
Auvergne
Orleanais
Ile-de-France
Burgundy
Champagne (quick resupply at planet Marne)
Lorraine
Omicron Tau, after this, came home through the Barrier Nebule with one quick stop at Freeport 10, in Tau-37.

https://imgur.com/a/WKaGx

Elizabeth "Lizzie" Wednesday
Lieutenant
Bretonia Armed Forces
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Open for Replies

This is Captain John Khatri reporting about an encounter with units of the Order in the Cortez System yesterday.

The Sovereign, under my command, was patrolling Cortez. We were in the Manchester JG - Curacao trade lane when the radar spotted an Order ship. It was a Geb-class named "Golanski", of their first fleet. I started interrogating them, but they gave no concrete answer, displayed a hostile attitude and jumped to Coronado via the jump hole behind Curacao.

After them another Geb-class arrived, this one apparently of their reserve fleet, named the "Montu". They stopped and showed that they were willing to talk. The captain identified herself as Vex Upsilon. At about that moment, several Auxesia strike craft arrived, as well as the Andraste, an Osiris-class of theirs. Firstly I fined the Montu for 3.12, 3.13 and 4.7, £6,000,000 in total, which they paid. Then I scanned them, and I can report that the ship has a cloaking device, two battlecruiser mortars as heavy battery, two battlecruiser pulses and rest Order battlecruiser primary turrets as primary battery, two battlecruiser flaks, Order secondary turrets, a TCD, two docking modules, CAU 8, an Adv Deep Scanner and an Order thruster. Their ID was unknown and their IFF flashed "Fugitive".

After that I interrogated them, and I found out possibly important information. Firstly, they said that they were another of the Order rebels, and that they were after the "Golanski". When I asked captain Upsilon why there were so many of those, she told me that the totalitarian and ruthless rule of Michal Golanski was one of the causes (I can spot a personality cult here: that Geb-class was named after their leader, despite him still being alive and in office). Another was that the Order was allying with the Nomads and persecuting Zoners and other civilians. My conclusion is that their organization is currently in a state of civil war, but the opposition is not united. I suggest that the SIS attempt to unite it and help it win the civil war. If that is accomplished, then we will get a new Order, one under strong Bretonian influence.

I received another useful information at the site, this one from Auxesia. They mentioned that the Crayter Republic was harbouring the Order First Fleet, and their scouts reported that the "Golanski" moored with one of Crayter stations. They mentioned that Crayter was at war with Auxesia, and that there were peace talks in process, but that this event probably hindered them significantly.

After that I let the "Montu" enter Coronado. I have a couple of images and an audio recording.

Camera Shots:

जॉन खत्री
Captain
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies

This is Captain John Khatri reporting about a battle that took place in the Cambridge System yesterday, not far from Cardiff Station.

Officer Paul Hastings of the BPA registered a Red Hessian Army fleet moving through Cambridge on TLAGSnet. It contained what he described as at least two battleships. I was in Omega-3 aboard the Avalon at the time, and I managed to assemble the HMS Rodney and a Templar flown by the reservist Anduin Lothar together with us. The problem was that the Rodney was in New London, so our main ships were separated. Thanks to the scouting work of Hastings' and Lothar's, the Hessians' location was confirmed to be Cardiff, so the Avalon could reach the Norfolk unhindered. I had instructed the Rodney to wait at the Cambridge Jump Gate and, to coordinate our arrival, told them to enter Cambridge at this point. Then the Avalon entered the trade lane to Cardiff, from which we dropped when we saw the Hessian fleet. We headed to where I expected the Rodney to appear from, which was the second ring of the Cardiff - New London JG TL. They dropped out a ring further due to a pirate drone interruption, but the drones were no danger and we managed to form up at the planned place. Before us were only a Hessian fighter and one Jormugand, the Kapelle. I did not know where the other was, but as Hastings had informed me of at least two, I assumed it was standing cloaked somewhere and waiting for a favourable moment to attack.

Our original plan was that the Rodney would take the spearhead, being able to dodge better, while the Avalon would stay slightly behind to make sure we are not charged at. However, as we only saw one Jormugand, I modified the plan: the Avalon was to take the spearhead, being a stronger ship, and keep firing at the Kapelle unless the other Jormugand showed up. If that happened, we were to take fire and do as much damage as possible, but then reverse before considerable damage could be dealt to us. This did happen. As soon as the Kapelle's shield was down (we first used Mortars, of which the Avalon had two and the Rodney one, but the Kapelle's steering reduced the range and the Avalon then switched to primaries), the Jormugandr revealed themselves at 12 o'clock, between 2.5 and 3K from the Avalon, and opened primary fire at us. As they were closer and their shield was down due to uncloaking, we both switched fire to them. However, for some reason (perhaps to relieve the Jormugandr?), the Kapelle then charged into us, while the Jormugandr kept moving away. We both immediately switched fire to the Kapelle and destroyed them. As the situation was proceeding as planned (if not better), the Avalon had reversed and let the Rodney, whose Cerberuses were useful, take the spearhead, so the damage we take would be divided. The Rodney was thus damaged by this point, and steered behind us. However, the Jormugandr had entered close range by the time the Kapelle was firing their last shots, and managed to turn their Cerberuses at the Rodney. We dropped the Jormugandr's hull integrity by almost 50% and completely drained their shield batteries when the Rodney was brought down as well. The Jormugandr then charged at us and seemed to be attempting to utilize our primary turret arc flaws. They moved above us, where only two of our primaries could fire. However, we supplemented them with mortars, and managed to turn our front towards them near the end and finish them off quickly. We were left with approximately 25% hull integrity, but also with a full shield battery supply. About at the time when we came under fire by the Jormugandr, we also came under fire by the Lusk, an RHA Scylla that had just arrived. An RHA fighter had also arrived, near the start of the battle, shortly after their first strike craft was shot down by Lothar.

There was little hope for us, alone, but we had Hastings' Challenger to help us and the HMS Swiftsure was on their way from New London. Originally, my aim was to hold the Lusk off for as long as possible. However, their commander might have not yet adapted to a foreign ship, and might have been used to the stronger Vidar-class, assuming by the reckless tactics they were using. This allowed us to slowly deal them damage with our primaries and Solarises, while taking little. Hastings' SNAC was helpful, albeit I must say his mines drew our aim off occasionally, which I later advised him not to drop on an enemy capital ship under fire. The Swiftsure had arrived by this time, but I instructed them not to engage as the Avalon was in control of the situation. The Lusk then charged at us, for the second time, either by mistake or by underestimation of our armour, and although they managed to pound us to the "hull breach imminent" line, they received very extensive damage themselves. When they freed from our clutch, or when it appeared so at least, one lucky hit by a Mortar of ours was enough to breach their hull. All enemy capital ships were disabled at this point. Although the Avalon was nearly falling apart, our shield battery storage was still full.

Lothar was dueling a pilot of theirs at the time, so we stayed there just in case. An SIS agent contacted us, providing help, but Lothar shot down his enemy at that moment, so we could only politely decline. The fleet then scattered, each ship going to their former posting, or for repairs.

The Avalon headed to the Norfolk. However, our trade lane was disrupted by a Coalition battlecruiser called "Da Comrade". As they expressed hostile intentions, I called the fleet back immediately. However, the battlecruiser decided not to attack when I reminded them of our non-aggression pact (they were from the reserve fleet -- perhaps they were not informed yet?). They headed towards Cardiff via the trade lane. Hastings, who had just arrived there, informed me that they crashed in Planet Sarum. Perhaps a navigation error? It seems to me that Coalition reserve ships are not maintained well, or that reserve fleet enforces the intoxication regulations less diligently. Having their words before in mind, I would say it was the latter. I have the conversation recorded.

All in all, I do have to commend the bravery of the Red Hessian Army. Even when the situation was dire for them, at no time did their ships try to cruise away, but they fought to the end. What I am afraid of is that, if information of this battle reaches their high command, they might learn on their mistakes, and confront us with the same courage next time, but also better organization. To avoid only commending our enemy, I must also mention the bravery of captain Holland of the Rodney, and their crew, without which we might have not won, as well as the skill of Anduin Lothar, who shot down two enemy strike craft alone, and the scouting and SNAC work of officer Paul Hastings, which were crucial.

Camera Shots:

Allied Combatants:
1) BAF|HMS-Dover (Invincible; Heavily Damaged)
2) HMS-Rodney (Dunkirk; Destroyed)
3) BPA)Paul,Hastings (Challenger; Damaged)
4) BAF-Anduin.Lothar (Templar; Damaged)

Enemy Combatants:
1) [RHA]RHB-Kapelle (Jormugand; Destroyed)
2) [RHA]RHB-Jormugandr (Jormugand; Destroyed)
3) [RHA]RHC-Lusk (Scylla; Destroyed)
4) [RHA]Anna.Kreutzer (Odin; Destroyed)
5) Gefallener.Engel (Unknown Snub; Destroyed)

जॉन खत्री
Captain
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies
She had somehow been able to evade the many fighter squadrons which regularly patrol around the station. Roughly 4 minutes had passed and her light reconnaisance craft had exceeded the speed of even the fastest of fighter patrols. She'd done it. All that was left was to inform HQ.

TRANSMISSION: TEXTUAL
SENDER ID: Charlotte Brooks

Greetings,

I'll get straight to the point instead of dillydallying around. I've escaped Arranmore Base and am currently enroute to HMS Essex to give a full debrief. The identification codes have been attached to this transmission.

TRANSMISSION END

She relaxed in the cockpit and let out a lung-full of air - it had been two years since she'd experienced the rush of gliding silently through the open expanses of space. It was clear now that her decision to tackle the Molly patrol unaided was arrogant and costly. There were many questions she had about the war, her friends in the admiralty and most importantly - her future. Hopefully, these questions would be answered soon enough. With the light from Dublin's golden star, she gazed into the Hood asteroid field and muttered a brief thanks to the higher power that had permitted her great escape.
Notification:

Rank Changes:

Admiral Michelle O'Brian has officially resigned as the Bretonian Armed Forces Fleet Admiral due to stress related health concerns. As follows is the new High command structure and rank assignment:

Admiral Sir Jacob McIntire has been promoted to Fleet Admiral As a result of the Former Fleet admiral's resignation, you, as the most senior flag officer, have been raised to the rank of Fleet Admiral. You are expected to move your staff to the HMS-Suffolk and take command of the Bretonian Heartland fleet in New London and Manchester.

Commodore Edmund J. R. Steiner has been promoted to Admiral. Due to the recent resignation of Fleet Admiral O'Brian, you have been promoted to Second in command of the Bretonian Fleet under Sir Jacob McIntire. You are to maintain your vigil on the HMS-York and await further instructions.

Charlotte Brooks has been reinstated to Commodore. We welcome you back, Commodore. You are hereby ordered to take command of the Ark Royal and continue the defence of the Newcastle system.

Lieutenant Commander Jessica Hunter has been promoted to Commander. You have proven yourself capable of following orders to some degree, ensure that you keep doing so.

Lieutenant Pira Y'Berg has been promoted to Lieutenant Commander. Your behavior has improved enough that the New High Command has seen fit to return your old rank too you. See that your attitude keeps improving and you will find that your rank will rise as well.

Carina, Regina, Imperatrix!

Admiralty Board

Encryption: Alpine

*BlackWatch Patrol Report*

Good afternoon
I was on patrol today when I received a very strange message from one Sabine de Bordeleaux, a captain of a Gallic Gunboat flying under Royal Navy colours. She claimed she had Bretonian pilots to turn over, for no particular reason aside from the fact that she disagreed with Gallic prison facilities. Considering this is not normal behavior, I have reason to suspect that there is some larger game afoot. I have since ordered the recovered pilots to undergo full medical and psychological examinations while we figure out what she wanted.

Image A
Image B
Image C

A side note, on the return trip I spotted a suspicious looking ALG vessel flying through Leeds with a cargo hold full of Aluminum. This is obviously a breach of the Leeds embargo, however, I'd also like to point out that it was coming from the wrong direction. Rheinland sells Aluminum, yet this transport came from the North. I will forward this information to the BPA, who I expect will conduct a full investigation on the matter.

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3

Nothing more.
Edmund Steiner
Admiral
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies

This is Captain John Khatri reporting about a battle that took place in the New London System yesterday, amidst the Kensington - Planet New London lane.

The battle had been lasting for some time already when reinforcements were called from Cambridge. I happened to be aboard the HMS Avalon, in Cambridge, and in command of the ship. The contacts were reported as "Cultists". I arrived at the scene and made sure to advise all traffic to stay away from the trade lane, explaining that it is, in fact, a military exercise. I had to make us a cover because a reckless LSF captain of a Liberty battlecruiser said, in system channel, that there was a Wilde infestation. By the way, we were being heavily aided by Liberty in our battle. There were both our own and Libertonian capital vessels at the site.

When the Avalon arrived, our enemies were two Cultist carriers, one of which was mobile and armed to the teeth, and a Cultist Corvo-class. Their armament features, roughly, are as follows:
Mobile carrier (Beta Delta): A number of 360° Manticore Beam Cannons, ~6 Heavy Trebuchets (all of which it could fire in a very quick succession) and two unknown missiles, which were not especially damaging, albeit bothersome. It could not fire any of its Heavy Trebuchets backwards. Very strong armour -- it took a whole fleet to destroy it. Dodges well. Shield weak, but brings itself back up after being down, to 100%, after about 5 seconds.
Stationary carrier (Drone Carrier): Same, but without the Heavy Trebuchets. Cannot dodge, no shield.
Corvo (VS-00013): A pair(?) of Heavy Trebuchets, both of which it could fire. A number of Nova torpedo launchers, all of which it could fire in a salvo. Apparently lacked stern coverage. Maneuverable, has a cloaking device, but no shield. The Sovereign's cloak disruptor did nor work on the cloaking device.

The battle was a ranged shootout at first, and we suffered losses. But then I noticed the mobile carrier was never firing its Trebuchets backwards, and I steered the Avalon, in cruise, to exploit that. We were in cruise in order to quickly pass through their powerful front battery coverage. This was successful and not only that, but as a beam of theirs penetrated our shield and hit the hull, it gave a kick-start to our reactor after cruising, and our energy was full immediately. The rest of the fleet soon followed us. The carrier was very well armoured, but they could not withstand our combined pressure and they were destroyed. After that we destroyed the stationary carrier, to which we were able to approach frontally without receiving significant damage. After that we managed to catch the Corvo off guard (it had, apparently tried to ambush us instead, uncloaking) and seemed to have destroyed it, but the ship suddenly flew very far away as soon as our scanner registered their hull as breached. I have no confirmation that they were also destroyed.

There are two notable incidents that took place. Firstly, during the battle, a Coalition reserve fleet battlecruiser, called the CPW-Korolev, lingered near the site. Having the terms of our NAP in mind, I ordered them to leave Bretonia, twice, to which they did not comply. Thus, I gave the fleet the green light to destroy the ship, which they did. The Avalon stayed disengaged and monitoring the area for possible Cultist surprise attacks.

The second took place after the battle. We had placed a number of probes over the site to scan the Cultist ships and monitor their behaviour, as well as scan for any usable remains. A Molly Clydesdale by the name of Hornblower stole them. I asked the captain, mentioning the pace negotiations we have with the Mollies, to return the probes. This they refused and added, I quote: "Oh pish-posh, if I got a lump of gold every time I hear rubbish like this I'd have my own field." We lost contact with them and did not see them again.

However, when I moored the Avalon with Kensington for resupplying and repairs, I noticed that the cargo hold was suddenly loaded. Apparently it contained some of our probes, worth precisely 520 units -- coincidentally, as much as a Clydesdale could carry. There was also a very mysterious box-shaped, metallic object, that I have not seen before and which we will need to have inspected. I do not know how this suddenly materialized in the cargo hold nor if it truly materialized, nor what happened with the Hornblower. But, what is relevant is that we have the probes and the data they have recorded. We could use this for technological advancement. It has been transferred to Winchester.

As a sidenote, I would like to mention that the primary battery staff, which is at the bow of the ship and was usually the closest to the Cultists, is experiencing mild radiation poisoning. They are expected to be healthy by tomorrow, but this is still worth mentioning and a hazard that should be prevented.

Camera Shots:

जॉन खत्री
Captain
Bretonian Armed Forces

Open for Replies

ENCRYPTION: HIGH
RECIPIENT: ADMIRALTY BOARD

SENDER ID: Lieutenant Mike Harris

Sir/Ma'am,

I must report upon certain developments I sighted in the Leeds System just yesterday. I have attached images with this encrypted transmission to further illustrate what I will now describe.

The Gallic forces appear to be constructing new, more advanced, trade lanes. What's different about these lanes? - I don't know. However, there is something even more concerning: The construction of a new jump gate, which also appears more futuristic. Please understand, I daren't get close to this operation to ensure my whereabouts remained secret. Due to this, the images I have provided are from long range - I hope the details can be made out.

I don't like speculating, though I suspect there won't be a positive outcome if this operation goes unopposed.

Image 1
Image 2

Carina, Regina, Imperatix!
Lt. Mike Harris

TRANSMISSION END

ENCRYPTION: HIGH
RECIPIENT: Primary Fleet

SENDER ID: Commodore Charlotte Brooks

Pilots,

On the 3rd of this month, we will be conducting a heavy patrol commencing at 18:00hrs (//utc) into the Leeds system with the intent of eliminating as many Gallic vessels as possible. A show of force is required and I am confident our forces will emerge victorious. Pilots should assemble in the vicinity of the H.M.S York 10 minutes prior to launch. This is a good opportunity to show your worth and will be taken into account when promotions are awarded.

That will be all.

Carina, Regina, Imperatix!
Commodore Charlotte Brooks

TRANSMISSION END