Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bretonian Armed Forces Defense Intelligence Staff (DIS) (iRP) (AO)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
--Incoming Transmission....connection stablished.
--ID: Capt. Roland Gilead.
--Security encryption: Low BAF secure comms.

The day began as though Bretonia was going to have a casual day. I had decided to gather a couple of men and head out to Dundee for some routine patrol while we showed our new recruit mr. Siderman the ropes. He is a fine young man and quite reputable. So I took the liberty of pushing his reputation forward by introducing him to the crew of the Streling while we did some routine tasks as a squadron.

http://img197.imageshack.us/i/screen30d.png/

However, this was not to last.

At 1100 hours, I was informed of 2 Kusari battleships assulting leeds in an all out battle. I am happy to report that the men fought valiantly and both batltleships were brought down in very short order. It was a vicious battle, but we took no losses and upheld the queens justice on the vermon.

http://img710.imageshack.us/i/74009342.png/
http://img204.imageshack.us/i/screen1sr.png/

Later, at 1506, we came across the Joker and his men again. This seems to have become a daily routine. Perhaps it's a good thing as it keeps the men on their toes and gives them something to shoot at instead of eachother. We managed to work well together as Mr. Blair, Mr. Tensdale, and myself engaged the 3 ships. Mr. Blair was hit badly and had to eject, while Mr. Tensdale was put out of action by a very strong ion disturbance. Still, we managed to truimph over the Joker and his men using Mr. Blackstar as a backup when he was needed. I myself had to eject from my ship when one of the jokers thugs got a lock on me and tore my templar apart. I still await a new ship to be issued to me and my wounds are recovering rather nicely. I hear Mr. Blair and Mr. Tensdale are fine as well thankfully.

http://img710.imageshack.us/i/screen32.png/
http://img191.imageshack.us/i/20797390.png/

--End Transmission--
[incoming transmission]
[source......................Lt Martin Bridge]
[downloading..............done]
[noise filtering............done]
[opening message]

Greetings officer,

another awkward day in Leeds. I began my patrol as usual, when I noticed some strange noises from a kusarian ship right above Leeds. Something like a breakfist, then shower and yawns. Getting closer I could see this was a imperial navy destroyer, callsign Kunai. The captain basically explained he was camping in Leeds and having hollidays. You can imagine my confusion about this, but could not force him to leave as I was only flying a scout ship.

While keeping a close eye on both him and Countess Tarrant who, listening to her curiosity, joined us for her tea break, a trading ship issued an emergency call about corairs pirating the New London lane. Moving to the place, I joined commodore Doyle facing a [murderer] party flying a gunboat and a cruiser. With the presence of the kuarian destroyer, we found ourselves in a three way situation.

cam1
cam2

The threat required heavier gear than my paladin so I headed back to the Derby and just found this :

cam3

It seems Bretonia have a new hero around.

Back in a bomber I joined an intervention group which included in turn Doyle, HMS Nestor, Alster, Batman and myself. The engagement itself was terrible, as contradictory orders made us engage different targets, leading to the loss of Doyle, Alster and Nestor, and ashaming the BAF in front of our nobility and a friendly ennemy having tea together in the mean time. From the confusion though the gunboat was eventually destroyed.

cam4

Evetually a group of Able Ace came in support and the cruiser prefered to flee, unfortunately out of my CD range at the time. It was a lucky move in some way though, since shortly I experienced a mechanical failure requiring the attention of the Derby crew. I docked, disregarding the thugs shouting insanity in the system channel and the couple of gains spotted in piracy at the Edimburg gate.

I wonder if this place was actually Leeds, or if it was somehow a second New York.

Regards,
Lieutenant Martin Bridge.

[End of transmission]
Incoming transmission
Sender ID Lieutenant Lee.Adama
Sending To: Bretonian Armed Forces Defense Intelligence Staff
subject: kusari gunboat at planet leeds

sirs *salutes* today while in the command of the HMS Albion I came across the kusari gunboat "the spirit" who was near the stokes lane on planet leeds side it was a bitterly fought battle with casualties on both side when my auto repair kits where nearly exhausted i managed to destroy the kusari gunboat and capture the kusari captain as well who is now in a battleship derby prison cell

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1403/gunc...ofhmsalbion.png

*salutes* sir

end of message
[Target ID: Defense Intelligence Staff]
[Comm ID: Ensign Nathaniel Buchanan]
[Subject: Patrol Report]

Dear Sirs,

It seems that I am finally able to bring you some good news for a change. This evening, I encountered in Cambridge a Brotherhood gunboat called La.Cucaracha. I demanded he leave, but seeing his advantage, he declined.

However, I did notice two of our pilots in his hold, whom I demanded from him immediately. The Corsair was not inclined to comply without some better offer on my part. I had little cash, and I know that it is not Bretonian policy to negotiate. However, I felt I had to see this through.

At the point, I was engaged by several other Corsairs, undoubtedly called up by this brigand. Unbeknownst to him, however, I managed to capture one of them. This changed the situation, and I now had something worth bartering. A passing Zoner offered the neutrality of Freeport 1 for an exchange, to which both the Corsair and I eventually agreed. However, by this point, the brigand had captured two more of our pilots, so I was at a marked disadvantage.

Approaching Freeport 1, I was engaged again by petty Corsairs, and I captured two more. This changed the situation considerably, and La.Cucaracha was a bit more amenable to terms. As we negotiated, he was joined by two of his stronger compatriots, and I felt my time and wiggle room were being limited in short order. I agreed to an exchange of my three Corsair prisoners and 150K credits in return for the four BAF pilots in his hold. I also asked one of the other Corsairs for the civilians in his hold, but I was refused with no possibility of negotiation.

During this negotiation, I should add, The Joker showed up and privately offered me his assistance, since he apparently detests Corsairs. I refused, but he and the Corsairs were trading inane threats in an escalating manner.

At this point, upon receiving our pilots, I immediately departed. I returned them, plus five others I had rescued from La.Cucaracha's attacks during our earlier negotiations, to the Norfolk, where I hope they are resting comfortable.

Images from my holocam are posted below.

Respectfully yours,

Ens. N. Buchanan
-----------------------

[Image: screen288.jpg]

[Image: screen292.jpg]

[Image: screen294.jpg]

[Image: screen293.jpg]

[Image: screen295.jpg]

[Image: screen297.jpg]

[Image: screen299.jpg]

[End Transmission]
----INCOMING TRANSMISSION----
----COMM ID: Robert Woodrow----

*salutes* Sirs, a rather long report today.

I started out in Leeds, on the blockade when Commander Jones picked up Corsairs in New London, Benitez corsairs, only a convoy, though we chased them to Cambridge, a transport or 2, and 2 fighters. Untill Cambridge they ran off into some cloud and we left them.

Secondly, Jokers came along, including the big clown. We had many casualties, loosing a gunboat and a few fighters to him, though we suddenly pushed on and destroyed the Joker. Then, his thugs, 2 of them downed by me and one by Commander Jones i believe, also, saw Kithe for a short few minutes.
http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/tt344/s...pg&newest=1

Straight after that Commander Jones and I chased a Kusarian fighter to the Stokes lane, the [KNF]Kanadzuchi, who led us to another Kusarian fighter, Tairakawa.Nitto. With both fighters concentrating on my ship, Commander Jones was able to finish of a heavily damaged, which was done mostly by me along with my razor, and sent it burning.

The second fighter, not nearly as skilled as the first decided it would be fun to fly in a straight line after some 10 minutes, and i took advantage of that, pounding him with my guns then finishing with a Razor, job done.

Ensign Woodrow signing off.

----TRANSMISSION ENDED----

[Incoming Transmission]

[Image: rsz_1transmission.png]

[Target ID: Defense Intelligence Staff CC: Military Intelligence Section 5]
[Comm ID: Goodmen, Austin - Commander]
[Subject: Mercenary Group requesting Bretonian Gunboats.]

Some group known as the "Able Aces" were requesting a Bretonian Gunboat...transmission logs are to follow, with a slight hint of disrespect.

Transmission One
Transmission Two
Transmission Three
Transmission Four
Transmission Five
Transmission Six
Transmission Seven
Transmission Eight

Signed,

Commander Austin Goodmen

[Transmission Terminated]
Incoming transmission
To: BAF Headquarters/Intel.
Subj: kUSARI INTRUSSION

Report:

I was doin a usual patrol route I've assigned myself to do since Bretonia authorities has been more or less abscent last 3 days. (I have signed up for BAF and I am still waiting for reply from BAF Headquarters).
All of a sudden, from no where it seemed, a Kusari Destroyer popped up 5600m away from my ship in Leeds.
I quickly intercepted the Destroyer named Kunai (I think), and told him to leave Bretonia. He refused ofcourse since I was only flying a V.H. Fighter and I was on my own.
I then desperatly searched for backup but found none. As a last atempt to find some sort of assist, I used the universal broadcast and announced 'Kusari Destroyer in Bretonia'.
Kunai didn't respond too well on that futile call for assist. He fired up his weapons and I had to turn tail and head out of the area. I had to use my escape pod though after a few direct hits on my vessel which blew up about 2 seconds after I abandoned my ship.
After floating around in space for three to four hours, a bypassing transport finally picked up my pods homing signal and I was saved, and was able to leave this report.

End report

End transmission
...Incoming Transmission
To: Ensign Samantha Reid
Subject: Promotion

Due to great valor and bravery shown in battles against overwhelming odds, for a duty beyond the call of your profession, you are hereby promoted to the full rank of Commander. You will also receive a new post; HMS Repulse, on which you will have role of First officer.

Your new fleet is the 8th York, under the command of Admiral John Redmond.

The transfer ship is leaving tomorrow at 0800 hours. Godspeed, and
Congratulations.

...End Transmission
It was going to be another sleepless night as he stared at the ceiling over his head. But swimmers ears were not the reason why he could not sleep. As usual, the bane of him getting a good nights rest was what he was seeing right in front of him. Each night, when the lights would go out, he laid there in the darkness seeing the untold horrors of what war really is. He couldnt remember the last time he was able to fall asleep without help. Not that he never ever slept, but drastic measures were required. One of his more common methods was staying up for days at a time to the point that he couldnt hold off the exhaustion anymore. This sometimes would require as many sleepless nights as 6, maybe even 7, before the mind would start to give out. Drastic yet most effective.

Tonight however is only the 3rd night in a row he has not gotten any sleep. Serves him right, he should have known better than to try so soon. He sits up, not being able to stomach the reruns of yesterdays battles anymore. Maybe if he knew something else in his life other than the military life, he might have been able to take this punishment longer. Except with him, his mind is about to snap, and he knows it. His eyes frantically search the room in the dark and still see the silhouettes of fallen BAF soldiers and the people he killed in the line of duty. There was no guilt there, but as they say, war is hell. Each man has his limit of how much war he can take and they must come to terms with that. He yells something, but even he is not quite sure what it was. Later he would realize he must have yelled for the room lights to turn on. Must have been so, the room, like any other room was automated to respond to the occupants voice. The lights now blinding him were proof of that. Sanity is again taking hold as his minds eye eventually catches up and clears its view of the images as well.

Minutes more pass and he feels more himself again. He drops his feet to the floor and he begins to search for his BAF issued slippers with his toes. Several cracks roll down his spine as he stands up and stretches his arms over his head. He then yawns and scratches his chest as he walks over to the mirror chewing something imaginary loudly. With his fingers he pulls and pushes on the skin of his face and examines his stubbles in his own reflection. He knows if he doesnt give all this up soon, its going to be the death of him.

Not more than 45 minutes later, the man is in control of his nerves and he sits in his ships cockpit doing the preflight checklist with a dock crewmember. As far back as both of the two men can remember, they have always done this part of the job together. They have good chemistry from anyone's point of view and Roland would trust no one else to do this with him. Even before the war, if there was such a time. Once the routine grind is over with, its time to head back out, to push his limits till silence takes over again.

Later, when the dock master hears of the news that captain Roland Gilead was not returning to dock for repairs ever again, he suddenly remembered very little about the man. Its better that way, while the war still goes on. No time to mourn lost friends and downed pilots. Hardly any time to get to know anyones first name even, before the war takes them away, it seems. With a few more than too many drinks after the shift, he won't even remembers the man's name anymore. Roland was just another pilot who had flown his last mission, and thats just how it was. He was to be one of those names on some memorial they will make to remember him and others fallen like him in the line of duty. All in good time, after all of the dust settles.

//(the following is borrowed from 'Filth Pig: By Ministry' and edited to abide by forum rules.)

Well I started out younger at things that people start younger at
And a thousand days and nights of getting overexposed
Then someone asks, "How do you sleep at night?"
With the borrowed dreams from a broken past

You keep runnin' away don't matter how fast or long
You always wind up there
Another thousand pileups in the ugly name of morality
bloody ugly, some creepy guy keeps asking
"How the heck do you sleep at night?"
With a frozen dream and a borrowed hope that died

I keep chasing this tail but the tail gets bigger go figure
A thousand more stories keep the fires and flames alive
So how the heck do I dream at night?
With the memories of a borrowed death, the guilty past
[Incoming Transmission]
[Source: HMS Harlow]
[CommID: Fleet Admiral Nelson]

ANNOUNCEMENT BY THE FLEET ADMIRALTY BOARD
It is with deepest regret today that we announce the death of Captain Roland Gilead, holder of the Dinstinguished Service Cross, in action against the enemies of Bretonia. He was killed whilst commanding his squadron against a Kusari force in the Leeds system. He has been posthumously awarded a Courageous Action Medal in recognition of his valour. A brief memorial service will be held aboard the Battleship Suffolk at 2000 hours on Friday.

Sir Stanley Nelson
Fleet Admiral

[End Transmission]