Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Admin Feedback Thread (Archived)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-21-2016, 06:18 AM)Kalhmera Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Clavius. Congratulations on becoming an admin, but I do have a question on 12–16 – 2016 at 11 PM you sent me a warning how do I know this? Well when I went to my user control panel I noticed that there was a warning box at the bottom of the page. no I don't exactly know what I got the warning for because I never received a private message from you nor a warning in the sanctions area about what I did wrong please send me a private message so we can discuss what I broke. Take care.

Huh, I was pretty sure I sent it, my apologies.
PM has been sent.
edit: ignore this, wrong place. Was nothing bad though, just a question but I think it's clever to ask it trough PM.
Are you such autocrats that you are threatened by anything that goes against official advice, even if what is suggested is merely a technical tutorial on how to create back up accounts without utilizing discovery technology: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...pid1852580

To lock this thread was a weak move on your behalf, what is the thread actually??

Tells you how to create reg files for your accounts, there may be many ways to back up ids. This was just one way of doing it, does that make it any less valid than any other?!

It doesnt undermine Discovery in any way? In fact it reinforces it by giving people another means to back up their ids.

Saving you the trouble in pssing around restoring peoples accounts, when they are lost.

You cannot suppress knowledge, knowledge is power do not retard it.
link

Right, I though I'd never make one of these in my life, and while I get Kalh was warned once about a meme, in the meme thread in flood, this brings up the question how the admins have now gone and sanctioned him when he only bumped an already existing meme

Don't get me wrong, if he made another one to target AFC, I could totally understand the sanction standing, but this is not the case. Kalh merely bumped an already existing meme to the front of a flood thread and out of it, gets a 2 week ban.

Right, if this is the case, if he is going to get sanctioned for 2 weeks just for bumping a meme of all things, then can I as a member ask that the meme he got sanctioned for, the original one, be removed entirely then?
So calling someone a hypocrite is okay when someone else did it before?
(01-04-2017, 10:01 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]So calling someone a hypocrite is okay when someone else did it before?

I'm not sure what your getting at here Sombra, I really don't. What I'm pointing out, is that someone just got sanctioned for reposting something that already existed, and am asking if Kalh is going to get banned for 2 weeks, just for reposting something that already exists mind you, in flood and said person didn't get sanctioned before, I'm asking why Kalh gets a 2 week ban, for just MERELY bumping a meme
(01-04-2017, 10:04 PM)Shizune Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2017, 10:01 PM)Sombra Hookier Wrote: [ -> ]So calling someone a hypocrite is okay when someone else did it before?

I'm not sure what your getting at here Sombra, I really don't. What I'm pointing out, is that someone just got sanctioned for reposting something that already existed, and am asking if Kalh is going to get banned for 2 weeks, just for reposting something that already exists mind you, in flood and said person didn't get sanctioned before, I'm asking why Kalh gets a 2 week ban, for just MERELY bumping a meme

I already told Kalh on Skype that it was a bad idea because it was provoking another member - who seems to be stressed/pressured at the time(?) from the activity in the Feedback thread.

Yes. The video already exists. But it's still provocative.

An example of such would be me quoting something from the Order and reminding you about it, due to the current scenario of - well - you know.

(01-04-2017, 10:07 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2017, 10:04 PM)Shizune Wrote: [ -> ]

I already told Kalh on Skype that it was a bad idea because it was provoking another member - who seems to be stressed/pressured at the time(?) from the activity in the Feedback thread.

Yes. The video already exists. But it's still provocative.

An example of such would be me quoting something from the Order and reminding you about it, due to the current scenario of - well - you know.

Fair enough I guess Nyx. In this case I'll just drop the topic then. All good here I guess
Because it was the wrong time. When an admin tells you to stop, and you rather react to that with another meme aiming at someone, you definitely are going to go against the wrong people.

It doesn't matter if that meme was posted by someone else before. It's the context that matters. You should be adult enough to realize that.
(01-04-2017, 09:55 PM)Shizune Wrote: [ -> ]link

Right, I though I'd never make one of these in my life, and while I get Kalh was warned once about a meme, in the meme thread in flood, this brings up the question how the admins have now gone and sanctioned him when he only bumped an already existing meme
its not for bumping a meme, its for staff hiding his posts, giving him a forum warning and then he posts it again, its about him having fun at the expense of someone else and thinking there will be no tangible consequences other than a gentle warning.
As for the length of the ban.. let's just say it took some restraint not to extend it for 1 month seeing as he posted another meme after i just hidden the post again.